ETA: Well, we've reached a total count of 100 now! (Or rather, 108, because it passed the 100 mark in the middle of the night and I didn't want to cut anyone off who commented before I updated this.) So I'll be closing the recruitment here. The giveaways will still remain open until the 6th though, so feel free to keep entering those! ^^

First, let's get to what everyone really came here for: the giveaways that are open to everyone, for Carmageddon: Max Damage and Day of Infamy.

Now that that's out of the way, I've decided to do my first whitelist recruitment and giveaway! The giveaway is for Graveyard Keeper. I've really enjoyed the small bit I've gotten to play myself and saw that it was pretty high up on the community wishlist, so I wanted to share the fun!

The giveaways are open until October 6th at 8:00AM PST, and WL recruitment will close whenever the total count gets to 100, because I want people to actually have a shot at winning any WL giveaways I do. To get onto my whitelist, the rules are simple:

1. You have to have at least a 1:4 ratio of given : received, in terms of either number of games or CV.
  2. Tell me about some media that you're currently obsessed with. It doesn't matter if it's a game, an anime, a book, etc etc. Why do you love it so much, and who would you recommend it to?

In sticking with the cannibalism theme of Graveyard Keeper, here's mine: Hannibal. I'm currently working on my 4th watch of the show, and the only thing I've watched more than that is Buffy: the Vampire Slayer, which I've been into since I was 10. I've always loved horror movies, so Hannibal was pretty high on my to-watch list when it came out. When I finally got around to it, I enjoyed it even more than expected for the horror, the psychological aspects (I have a BA in psychology and still adore my major, so that was guaranteed to interest me), the mysteries, and the incredibly complex and twisted relationships and character development. I'd highly recommend this show to anyone who enjoys (or at least doesn't mind) gore and other forms of horror, mind games, crime/mystery shows, and queer relationships of both the normalish (as normal as this show can get) and abusive/power imbalance variety.

What's yours? (And if you've read this far, here's a bonus giveaway open to all.)

Oh, and if you're blacklisted, it's most likely because you won one of my giveaways and had a very low given : received ratio at the time. If that's changed since then, please let me know and I'll remove you.

5 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

At 18, I really love movies and TV shows, and of course games.
Of these, I can list a couple, from the movies I really liked the Harry Potter series, from the TV series Teen Wolf, The Vampire Diaries, The Walking Dead, from the game PUBG, CS, Fifa.
If I fit your white list, I would be grateful if you would add me, thanks.

5 years ago

I can't say I'm really into shooters, but love Harry Potter too, and all of those shows have been on my to-watch list forever!
Added! :)

5 years ago

thx

5 years ago

I don't really know how to check my ratio. But:

I am reading Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King+Owen King. It's really good. It's about women falling asleep and they get covered by a cocoon. Then they don't wake back up. If you mess with them, they turn ferocious and deadly.

I can't put it down.

5 years ago

Ooh, you're the second person in this thread to rec another Stephen King book that I'll be adding to my list haha

5 years ago

(short version) An obsession, besides videogames...

When I was eight or nine, I saw a tv series about a weird guy fighting huge robots and aliens. I liked what I saw, but I never got the name. It was only many years later when I found out it was the british tv series doctor who, the fourth doctor, Tom Baker.

Well, the thing is, I wanted to see those episodes. But I also didn't want to miss things, if I saw the fourth doctor and didn't see the first three. And, well, once I started, I thought about finishing...

Long story short, I ended up watching 37 seasons, 845 episodes, including a few episodes that were lost and were finally found in a lost station in Nigeria. If that's not an obsession, I don't know what is.

5 years ago

Wow, that's some impressive dedication! I feel like most people skip the original series now. Doctor Who has been on my list for quite some time though, hopefully I can get around to it soon!

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

5 years ago

Ooh, I've heard of the Sword of Truth series before but don't know much about! Yet another series to add to my list, thank you ^^

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

5 years ago

Throwing my hat:)
Currently watching Deadwood - great Western TV series. Its got only 3 seasons and it was closed by HBO abruptly but there is going to be film this year that will finish all unfinished plot lines hopefully. Its acquired taste and wouldn't recommend it to everyone, show has really slow pacing and literally no action. But dialogues in it are amazing, show looks very authentic and cast is fantastic (Ian McShane especially). For me its truly a gem of Golden Age of television.

5 years ago

Oh, Deadwood was on my list--I didn't know it got cancelled, though! Hopefully the movie ties things up nicely. I always get irritated watching or reading things that don't have a real conclusion to be honest XD;

5 years ago

Thank you =)

5 years ago

Supernatural. Excellent horror show. I like large diversity of hunted monsters. In Czech Republic they translated it as ghost hunters, but ghosts are only one of many creatures.

5 years ago

Ooh, I love Supernatural! (I may or may not have the anti-possession tattoo lol) I kind of stopped watching sometime in season 10, though...

5 years ago

I guess I'm mostly obsessed about Divinity Original Sin 2 at the moment.
Currently I'm playing a Singleplayer and a coop savegame with a friend. It's especially great in coop when you can do all these things with a friend that sound crazy on paper but are somewhat logical in the games universe. Yesterday I killed an undead necromancing dog by casting a healing spell on him. I also adopted a demon chicken and then brought it to its magical father. It then tried to kill my group. Or I once killed a giant troll by turning it into a chicken. I then sliced its leg muscles which causes damage for every step the chicken takes. And it was also walking on cursed fire. Which meant it died quicker than you can say "troll chicken with broken legs on Necrofire" :D

5 years ago

Oh wow. I've been wanting to play the Divinity series for quite a while, and I finally bought most of the games when they were on sale recently. I had no idea there were so many crazy things like that though, it sounds so fun!

5 years ago

Thank you! :)

5 years ago

Path Of Exile.

really enjoy games where you grind and collect things. like Final Fantasy X for example . most people would find it tedious to capture all the mobs in the game for The Monster Arena. not me though. i actually enjoyed it.

5 years ago

Ooh, both games on my list that I'm very interested in! I've only played a little of FFX though and don't have Path of Exile yet.

5 years ago

Thank you, I would like to apply for the chance of Graveyard Keeper. I am not sure if my CV ratio fits the bill.

I have many interests. I just finished watching a Football/Soccer match between Chelsea and Liverpool, I support Liverpool in this case. Was a thrilling match, a well-deserving result of 1-1 but not the desired result as Liverpool was overtaken as leaders. My favorite team Barcelona is hitting a slump with 3 games without a win, its worrying and both teams I support face tough matches next in the European Champions League.

The past week, I had been busy with my parent's health, accompanying them to clinic checkups, ailments appear as we grow old. For entertainment, I have just finished watching a Korean Drama "The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop". On Free to Air, here. I normally watched these dramas as a form of communication with my parents. It acts as an excellent ice breaker. The 2 main characters of the drama got married 1 year after the drama was released like they did in the drama, talking about mixing business and romance!

A sad note is the Actress portraying the mother of the MC passed on because of cancer 2 months after the drama was released. It seems she had not finished the production of the drama but filmed most of it, Her junior actors/actresses commented that although she was fighting cancer at that time and was visibly ill and frail. As soon as the director shouted "Action" she pulled herself together and performed her upmost on her role. When she last leave the cast, she was held by 2 people by her side, she gave her all till the end.

Although you find elements of common Korean melodrama in this drama, it offers a different perspective as there are more comedic scenes giving this drama a more uplifting vibe than other dramas listed at the same time which are constant fighting, inheritance struggles and plotting against the main chars. Although those elements exist in this drama too but the characters here are more rational in their decisions and more aware than other dramas that portray poorly so they can extend the drama.

I have recently played Hero of the Kingdom I/II on Steam, I would describe it as a Hidden Object RPG. There are elements of HO but also a story background. I used to play browser games and it gives me a browser game vibe I have been looking for. I have been looking out for Strategy games that are similar to browser/mobile games but that does not have the P2W or time waiting element and you can but and strategise your plots but so far I have not come across one that I had imagined.

I enjoy watching Variety Entertainment, currently Korean Varieties like Running Man and Infinite Challenges. The latter was cancelled earlier in this year, I have only started watching it attentively recently. I like watching comedies and varieties so I can keep a positive vibe. I used to be a pessimist as I was heavily influenced by my mother whom suffered Polio from young. People just gave her looks and treated her differently. She did great coming so far but developed that pessimism and low-esteem along the way.

I have my fair share of dark times. Although not clinically diagnosed, there was a period that suicide cross the mind although I did not take any drastic actions. Tears running late at night as sadness suddenly welled up. I am pretty sure I had a minor depression. I managed to picked myself up and decided to keep up with positive vibes so that I can better and positively influence those around me. :D

Even if I am not selected, I would like to wish you a Great weekend. After a week of Community Train, I am grateful I am able to win a wishlisted game of my list and my weekend is already great! Cheerios~

5 years ago

Thank you for sharing, it's nice to see someone so passionate about the things they enjoy! I'll definitely have to look into that drama (and that woman sounds amazing and like she gave her all to her work), and I got Hero of the Kingdom recently and have really been wanting to try it out, too.
I hope that your parents are okay! And congratulations on working through your depression, I know from experience how hard that is and how long it can take. Thank you for the positive vibes, and I hope you have a great weekend too!

5 years ago

Sorry to reply so late, I actually wanted to reply before I entered your giveaway but just jammed in the loop of not replying day after day. :)
Personally, I enjoy Football/Soccer alot, what the sport taught me was being passionate. I guess, I was pretty passionate from the start to a certain extend but most of the time I am used to suppressing emotions when I was growing up.

Being passionate about the hobbies or what you will enjoy makes it so much enjoyable and immersive. It can be damaging too as you put your emotions into it but from experience, I've learnt to draw a line and not to feel too disappointed at results or outcomes in a sport/show or anything I do.

Yes, If you watch KDramas, then I recommend that drama highly, a few dramas to note that I was recommending another SG forumer: My ID Is Gangnam Beauty and Temperature of Love. I recommend you playing Hero of the Kingdom if you hasn't takes a day or 2 to 100% it and its very enjoyable if you need a price chat or sorts I can sent you an excel file that I've made.

My parents are a long term battle, you can't cure old age ailments, they just add up when you grow older. I've been struggling to monitor my father's condition as I keep sleeping early this week. My mum needs to exercise more on her knees, mostly it has to depend on themselves rather than me.

Yep, depression is bad thus, I decide to talk with anyone, if any chance I can get them out of the situation, that is great. You have to identify your own depression and I feel medication is not a solution. It helps but there are so many news and celebs that medication fail to help. I feel communication plays a huge part.

Overall, I hope you had a great weekend. I ended up listening to Music and started singing along to Youtube videos after posting, i guess thats where I started losing the energy to write you a reply in the 1st place. ;P
Warmest Regards,
Cruse~

5 years ago

I would like to join your whitelist, if possible?

At the moment I'm playing UnEpic and it's a really good RPG Platformer Game. What I'm enjoying most is the humor of the game. There some really funny dialogs. On the other hand I'm trying to watch the Serial "Mr.Robot", but this one is quite confusing sometimes. Surely not something I can recommend to everybody.

5 years ago

Ooh, also both on my list! I don't have UnEpic yet but it looks very funny, and I've heard great things about Mr.Robot and can't wait until I get some time to watch it ^^

5 years ago

If you like the psychological aspect in movies/tv series, I highly recommend The Alienist. A friend recommended it to me and I really enjoyed it.
It's about a criminal psychologist (alienist), who has to investigate a serial killer in New York during the late 19th century.
It's a mix of psychological horror/detective story with an interesting back story about Ted Roosevelt.
Second season should start next year.

5 years ago

Ooh, that sounds like exactly the kind of thing I'd be interested in, thanks for the rec! I'll definitely be adding that one to the list ^^

5 years ago

I would like to apply if you still have a spot. I try to maintain my ratio over 1:1 so I shold fit the criteria

As for something I'm currently obsessed with, I guess it should be this book I'm currently slow reading.
It's from the fantasy series dubbed "The Realm of the Elderlings" by Robin Hobb. I started reading Assassin's Apprentice, the first book of the series (it was a trilogy then, which spawned 4 more trilogies) back in 1998 and immediately got hooked by the rich details of the world Hobb built, by the intricate plots and the culture of that world, but also by the intimate nature of the narrative.
So here I am, 20 years later, trying to make the ultimate book, which was released in 2017, last because I don't want it to end.

I highly recommend the books to anyone who likes fantasy. I wouldn't say they are for the casual reader, as the sheer size of each volume (about 1,000 pages each) and the length of the series might be dauting if you don't read on a regular basis, but they are really immersive and easy to read.
If you are scared by a 15 book series, you can start with the Liveship Traders trilogy (from Ship of Magic), it's part of the series and can be read separately. It should give you a good notion of how special and immersive this world is.

I don't regret any of the many hours I spent in the Realm and I read most of the books several times and I just don't want to leave.

5 years ago

Ooh that sounds very interesting, thank you for the rec! I'll be adding that to my list, and although I don't have the time to devote to it right now, it sounds like it will really be something to look forward to. And I know how it is to not want to leave a world that you love so much, but at least it can always be revisited ^^

5 years ago

Thanks! I'll add you too! I like people who are new to SG and are active and you have a great ratio

And I know how it is to not want to leave a world that you love so much, but at least it can always be revisited ^^
Definitely. I just have a bad feeling about one of the characters. There's a lot about prophecy surrounding this character and I know something's bound to happen. I'm a sap lol

5 years ago

Thank you, I appreciate it!
And oh no, I hope it turns out alright >.< It's painful when we lose our favorite characters

5 years ago

I hope I'm qualified! Graveyard Keeper looks like the kind of game I'd enjoy being a Harvest Moon/Stardew Valley look-alike! ... only with dead things instead XD

I'm currently obsessed with hunting down poor innocent creatures playing Monster Hunter World with friends (although that has stopped for a bit as my net is poop with me reaching my data cap until the first of October). It's one of those kinds of game I have been eyeing ever since it was announced and I have to wait YEARS well okay just months for it to hit the PC so I can play it too. The wait was worth it!

I definitely recommend it to anyone that enjoys action/dark-soul esque gameplay and loves cats ;)

5 years ago

Hehe I've always loved the Harvest Moon games and Stardew Valley, which is exactly why I was interested in Graveyard Keeper too ^^
I've rented Monster Hunter: World for a few nights and definitely enjoyed it, I hope I get the chance to actually buy it and make some progress soon! (Just a few more days until October, you're almost there! XD)

5 years ago

games to leech? count me in^^

i dont think i´m obsessed with one game. there are many amazing games i love

to the moon, rakuen, Another Lost Phone: Laura's Story, brothers: a tale of two sons (fantastic story driven games - especialy "another lost phone" might be less known but its amazing O.o)

ori and the blind forest, darksouls (fantastic gameplay - sometimes frustrating but so addictive!)

euro truck simulator (perfect to chill out, if you are stressed, you should play it. but be aware: sometimes the game might look very relaxing and you might believe you can watch at your smart phone cause you got an eMail but as in real life, you might get an accident xD)

screencheat, keep talking (genious idea, magnificant multiplayer games - you may need real life friends to play with but they are probably the funniest games ever!)

age of wonders: shadow magic (the game i spent the most game ever - such great 4X game - if your rig is bad or if you prefer an awesome and fast runing game then a awesome looking slow tbs, you should give it a try)

the witness (one of the smartest games ever. perfect for everybody who loves puzzles combined with a nice map with maaaaaany hidden secrets you can find)

and sooooo many more other games <3
i enjoyed so many amazing games

5 years ago

Ooh, so many of those games are in my backlog! It looks like we have pretty similar taste, especially in terms of story-driven games! ^^

5 years ago

Hey still got space left? :)

I'm currently watching Better Call Saul. It started off completely different to Breaking Bad but as a prequel it's in it's 4th season now and things are starting to catch up! Some of the same characters are showing up and it's getting to the stage where everyone is expecting Brian Cranston to make a cameo at some point! I'd definitely recommend it to breaking bad fans or people who just like shows that have good writing and characters. It's not massively action packed but the writing more than makes up for it!

5 years ago

I do, and as a matter of fact, you're already on my whitelist! XD
It seems like we have lots of Breaking Bad fans here who are watching Better Call Saul, it's definitely been the most popular rec in this thread! I really hope I get some more free time soon so I can make a start on it (and I do mean a start, I somehow have never even managed to watch the first episode of Breaking Bad, much less make a dent in either show) ^^

5 years ago

neither have i but apparently lots of people love breaking bad. we both need to just try it

5 years ago

Oh perfect I had no idea! XD

If you're lost for things to watch then I definitely recommend it!

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

5 years ago

Friends is always a great classic! And I love every adaptation of Sherlock Holmes I've ever seen, yet somehow I've never even finished the first book. I own several of them, but every time I start reading, life seems to go off track and I forget about it... I should really start reading them again!

5 years ago

Currently I'm obssesed with comedy series. I am just watching this everyday. But in the organizated way, from the first season to the last. In the last 2 months I watched the 12 seasons of "Two and Half man", 11 seasons of "The big bang theory", the first season of "Young Sheldon" and actually I'm watching the second season of "The middle"! I just love comedy series so much! makes my day so light. I always laught a lot.
I watch something like 6-8 eps per day

5 years ago*

I've seen a few episodes of the Big Bang Theory, and I used to watch Two and a Half Men with my mom, but it's always been just scattered episodes here and there. Comedy series really are great though, especially when you need to be cheered up ^^

5 years ago

Applying for whitelist...

I'm a pretty boring person, all I do is play games, not really into watching tv.

Right now i'm enjoying the heck out of "Dishonored 2", love a game where you can completely stealth your way through it.

Not interested in "Graveyard Keeper" but I do love me a blueheart ;)

5 years ago

I've been interested in Dishonored since before the first game came out, but it's one of many that is forever buried in the backlog. If only every day was 10x longer so I could get through my endless backlog and all of the lovely recs everyone has given XD

5 years ago

You can add me.
I'm playing Football Manager series (2017 currently), it so great made series for a football fan who like to go deep to details to get the most of this sport/strategy, perfect for me. Well it would be perfect if they would pay real world money for managing teams and having success as it so time consuming :]

5 years ago

Haha it really would be nice if time-consuming games paid real money. I'd probably be rich by now if they did!

5 years ago

hey i won't be able to enter now as I already have this game Graveyard Keeper (since not a long time) so maybe i will be able to enter something in future if possible?

5 years ago

Of course! All of my future WL giveaways are open to you now that you've been added :)
(If you're interested in PewDiePie: Legend of the Brofist, I also put that one up earlier for people on my whitelist or in one of the groups I'm in ^^)

5 years ago

i'm always in for some blue love.

however i don't have anything specific to offer. lately everything bores me after a short while.
the only thing that has been going on for months now is my random youtube spree. there's so much information about any topic you want.
all sorts of science and engineering related plus health, sports and nutrition stuff. and the obvious games and hardware videos of course.
so far i lost 12kg this year (that's 26.5 lbs for you colonial types) and i hope to make some more progress before the end of the year.
won't be easy though with christmas approaching...

5 years ago

YouTube is definitely a weakness of mine too, although for me it tends to mostly be Let's Plays and AMVs. I tried to do the health through YouTube thing but found that the only thing that can really keep me motivated is actually going to a gym and working with a personal trainer, which I've been doing for about a month now. I know the pain of trying to maintain progress around Christmas from the past, though. We can struggle through it together!

5 years ago

you stick to it. you will have all the motivation you need if you look in the mirror and notice the first changes.

5 years ago

Interesting, the forum seems to have eaten my comment. Damn. Well, here goes again, probably a bit more briefly.

Most recently I've been diving deeper into the Expanse. I pretty much binge-watched the series when I was watching them, re-watching the first season as soon as I'd finished it. In the past few weeks I've finally been able to get into the books, having read the first two so far, as well as some of the short stories. The series is excellent in my opinion, but obviously the books give you a much more in-depth idea about the world - although some parts have so far been more detailed in the series, but the grit and brute reality of life shows out more in the books, especially in the short stories.

Can't wait for the new season to come out, but also can't wait for the moment when I'll surpass the series in the books and get in that nice territory of not having a clue about what's coming. So far the series has been pretty close to the books, and the changes I've noticed have been well suited for the format, so no complaints from me there. Probably the most enjoyable scifi I've stumbled upon since Battlestar Galactica.

Edit: Also, Graveyard Keeper is an excellent choice. I kept an eye on it while it was in alpha and thought it seemed very entertaining.

5 years ago

Ooh, I've never heard of that one before but it looks interesting! Another addition for my list! XD

5 years ago

Hi, I would like to join your WL :D

At the moment one of my obsessions is playing L4D2 Versus (coop is also great), which is nearly 10 years old.
In this game are no things like level ups and stuff, only skill and teamplay matters. Sadly there is no real ranking system. But because of that you can change things like player appearance and weapons. You can also play custom maps (but it is hard to find 8 people to play custom maps in versus :( ).
I can recommend this game to everyone that likes gore, zombies and FPS. It`s also very cheap in steam sales so you should grab it if you want some coop action ;D

5 years ago

Ooh I have it on the Xbox 360, but L4D2 is one of the few FPS games I actually enjoy! Although that's mostly because I play coop with a friend who sucks just as much as I do and we mess around and yell a lot and somehow manage to actually get through some levels when we work together XD

5 years ago

May I join your whitelist? I'm recently obsessed with The Witcher 3 game (The Wild Hunt) and started reading it's book to expand my knowledge on the Lore.
When things get dull, I usually take a break by watching few episodes of Lost on Netflix. I'm currently on Season 2. :D

5 years ago

I haven't had a chance to play any of the Witcher games myself yet, but I've watched my friend play a decent amount and am very excited to try them out when I have more time. And Lost is probably one of the shows that has been on my list the longest, ever since it first started airing, but it always ends up getting postponed by other things I'm interested in. I'll get to it someday, though! XD

5 years ago

I would like to join your WL if possible.
Star Trek Voyage for Kes, 7th of Nine and all the action
Star Wars for action and Anecin Skywalker inside fights
Dragon Ball Z for fights and positive metamorphosis (Piccolo, Vegeta...)
Lion King for being much deeper film then one would expect from cartoon

5 years ago

Haha that is true of Lion King, and I watched Dragon Ball Z a lot with my grandpa when I was younger, it kind of makes me miss it ^^

5 years ago

Thank you

5 years ago

I'd like to join :)
As for stuff I'm really into atm, I just finished up a novel series called "Desolate Era" that I was rather obsessive about (You kind of have to be in order to finish what with it being 45 books long). You can check it out here: https://www.wuxiaworld.com/novel/desolate-era

5 years ago

Wow, that's a lot! It definitely looks interesting, so I've added it to my list, but I get the feeling it will be a very very long while before I have enough time on my hands to get into it lol

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.