ETA: Well, we've reached a total count of 100 now! (Or rather, 108, because it passed the 100 mark in the middle of the night and I didn't want to cut anyone off who commented before I updated this.) So I'll be closing the recruitment here. The giveaways will still remain open until the 6th though, so feel free to keep entering those! ^^

First, let's get to what everyone really came here for: the giveaways that are open to everyone, for Carmageddon: Max Damage and Day of Infamy.

Now that that's out of the way, I've decided to do my first whitelist recruitment and giveaway! The giveaway is for Graveyard Keeper. I've really enjoyed the small bit I've gotten to play myself and saw that it was pretty high up on the community wishlist, so I wanted to share the fun!

The giveaways are open until October 6th at 8:00AM PST, and WL recruitment will close whenever the total count gets to 100, because I want people to actually have a shot at winning any WL giveaways I do. To get onto my whitelist, the rules are simple:

1. You have to have at least a 1:4 ratio of given : received, in terms of either number of games or CV.
  2. Tell me about some media that you're currently obsessed with. It doesn't matter if it's a game, an anime, a book, etc etc. Why do you love it so much, and who would you recommend it to?

In sticking with the cannibalism theme of Graveyard Keeper, here's mine: Hannibal. I'm currently working on my 4th watch of the show, and the only thing I've watched more than that is Buffy: the Vampire Slayer, which I've been into since I was 10. I've always loved horror movies, so Hannibal was pretty high on my to-watch list when it came out. When I finally got around to it, I enjoyed it even more than expected for the horror, the psychological aspects (I have a BA in psychology and still adore my major, so that was guaranteed to interest me), the mysteries, and the incredibly complex and twisted relationships and character development. I'd highly recommend this show to anyone who enjoys (or at least doesn't mind) gore and other forms of horror, mind games, crime/mystery shows, and queer relationships of both the normalish (as normal as this show can get) and abusive/power imbalance variety.

What's yours? (And if you've read this far, here's a bonus giveaway open to all.)

Oh, and if you're blacklisted, it's most likely because you won one of my giveaways and had a very low given : received ratio at the time. If that's changed since then, please let me know and I'll remove you.

5 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

am i good enough?
currently no mood to do anything, just watch films, some good i can really reccomend: who am i, Self/less, great gatsby :)

5 years ago

Ooh, Great Gatsby (both the movie and the book) have been on my list for a while, but I haven't had the time yet. I've never heard of Self/less, but the premise sounds interesting and I love Ryan Reynolds, so I'll definitely have to check it out. Thanks for sharing!
Added! :)

5 years ago

I would like to apply for your whitelist.

For me, I've been listening to a lot more radio. Currently listening to the Ryder Cup (Golf) and the drama from the USA vs Europe foursomes/fourballs. All the ups and downs and the drama makes it more exciting that watching it on telly in my opinion.

5 years ago

Haha the drama and the commentators do tend to make things more exciting! I'm glad you're enjoying it ^^

5 years ago

Currently i try to read all the books from the Dune series, written by Frank Herbert.
I have finished

• Dune
  • Dune Messiah
  • Children of Dune (short of.. about 100 pages more to go)

And those will be followed by

• God Emperor of Dune
  • Heretics of Dune
  • Chapterhouse Dune

At the same time i am watching the Dune mini series from Sci-Fi channel which is a pretty decent transfer of the books to the tv.

5 years ago*

Ooh, I haven't heard much about the Dune series, I'll have to check it out when I have some more time!

5 years ago

You surely must have heard of the Dune PC game series from Westwood Studios.
Especially the "Dune II: Battle for Arrakis" released in 1992, is the game that defined the "real-time strategy" genre.

Thanks for the WL. I added you to mine as well!

5 years ago

To all the Dune fans and gamers, I recently found (it's old, but hey; we can't keep track of everything :)) an awesome mod of the Dune 2000 rendition of that game, that works on modern systems, supports higher resolutions and best of all: the game seems to be freeware nowadays.

It's called Dune 2000 Gruntmods

5 years ago

Never heard of it before...
I am already downloading it!
Thanks for the info!

EDIT: Already downloaded and installed. Time for some retro gaming!

5 years ago*

I've definitely heard OF it, I just don't know much about it haha
Thank you, I appreciate it :)

5 years ago

Awesome series. You forgot Chapterhouse Dune. :)

5 years ago

Thanks for the reminder! I added the book to the list!

5 years ago

I'm a fan of dune too, you must play Dune 1 (by Cryo) if u haven't yet, i was a small child when i first played this Dune on Amiga 500+ and i still love it today, it was so inspiring game for me and the first time "I met" with Dune franchise.

5 years ago

Dunno ask why but i have the feeling you like "Lexx – The Dark Zone" too... :)

5 years ago

Never heard of it.
I saw it is a miniseries from 1997!
Quite old but i will give it a try.
Thanks

5 years ago

It's one of these you will like or not examples... :P

It's like Firefly for adults...? :3

5 years ago

Hello ! May i join you ?

I am addicted to series and movies. Actually watchin the Jack Ryan series from amazon. Similar to Homeland if anyone knows, and pretty addictive. Last movie I appreciated is "A Quiet Place" (with the same actor btw). I like "monsters" movies :)
I read a little too, my last book was Old Man's War by John Scalzi. Very intersting sci-fi one. Easy to read. I'm trying to find the sequel but it's not actually available in stores.

Sorry for my bad english ^^

5 years ago*

Hmm I've heard of the Jack Ryan series, but haven't watched it myself. I did really enjoy A Quiet Place, though! I'm not usually very into monster movies, but that one was unique and very suspenseful! It was interesting to watch in the theater and see everyone covering their mouths and trying to quiet their gasps lol
(And your English is perfectly fine ^^)

5 years ago

Would like to apply :)
Currently I am watching Gotham which I really enjoy but I am watching it with my brother who is not always in the mood for it :(

5 years ago

I know the feeling. I'm watching Hannibal with my mom and Kodocha (a pretty old anime) with my sister, so it's slow progress because they aren't in the mood for it often haha

5 years ago

Thanks for adding me. Now we can share the pain of not watching the series we want to see :)

5 years ago

Currently I'm really into The Magnus Archive. It's a horror podcast with very good writing, great voice acting and characters, the horror is very well done especialy for a medium that relies entirely on audio. Podcast isn't a medium I'm usually into, I listened only to a bit of Welcome To Nightvale before and yet The Magnus Archive fully absorbed me. The writer have a solid story with an end goal in mind which helps a lot, there are five seasons planned and season 3 finale just came out, it's so good and I don't know what I will do until next season comes (probably relisten to everything).

Hannibal has many things I love (gore, horror, psychology, queer content) but it's hard for me to watch live action TV shows, it's a shame.

5 years ago

Ooh, I've heard the name The Magnus Archive but had no clue what it was, thanks for sharing! I like listening to podcasts while I do my cross-stitching, because they keep my mind occupied but don't require my eyes or hands, so I'll definitely have to check it out. I love the Nightvale presents podcasts but haven't caught up on them in a long time.

5 years ago

I'm interested in your WL, if possible.

I've been watching a lot of baseball recently. As there's only a couple games left in the regular season, there have been a lot of tense, exciting games being played.

5 years ago*

Added!
I've never been a huge sports fan myself, but I'm glad you're enjoying it! Hopefully your favorite teams come out on top! :)

5 years ago

I like to be in your WL. currently watching Vikings and I love it.i consider this as my fix till game of thrones releases next year :)

5 years ago

Hmm... I've heard of Vikings, but I don't know much at all about it. I'll have to check it out! :)
Added!

5 years ago

Hi, I'm interested in joining your WL.

Currently I'm really into a book called Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman.
It's hilarious and totally made me want to read again ( I was blocked as I am now reading lots of boring books because of my MA thesys)

5 years ago*

Oh, I love Good Omens! It's one of my all-time favorite books, I'm glad you're enjoying it too! I can't wait for the TV mini-series, I really hope they do it justice :)
Added!

5 years ago

I didn't know they were making an adaptation!
I have to finish it before it comes out, then

5 years ago

game of thrones I am really obsessed with it , I read the novels and watched the tv show in my opinon the novels are better I am waiting for The Winds of Winter and there is the 100 tv show is amazing.

5 years ago

Added!
I've had both The 100 and Game of Thrones on my list forever but haven't even started either of them... Even though I own one of the GoT books! >.<

5 years ago

you should really start and dont talk with anyone about got they could spoil the show, have fun watching them.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago*

Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul have both been on my list for a while, so thanks for sharing some more details! It's always nice to see when shows don't overly rely on camera/editing tricks and don't speed through things so much ^^

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

Watching 2nd season of Netflix series OZARK and if you like to watch movies about dirty business, money laundering you will fall for it :)

And some mysterious dot .

5 years ago*

Ooh, I haven't heard of that one before! Thanks for sharing, I'll have to check it out!

5 years ago

1. unOrdinary.
    Gorgeous art, good theme, nice buildup, small but good character development of many characters.
    Plot: Weak high school guy is unordinary since he is powerless in a world where most people have superpowers. It's rather survival of the fittest where the strong are worth much more than the weak.
    I like the concept a lot and it builds tension and suspense really, really well. Thoroughly recommended.
5 years ago

Ooh looks interesting, and I'm a sucker for good webcomics, especially if they're free. Thanks for sharing!
(Also, I love your Neuro icon. Haven't had a chance to watch much of it myself, but I definitely enjoyed the bit that I have watched ^^)

5 years ago

Oh, you know Neuro? Awesome. I've been thinking to swap it to Korosensei (Assassination Classroom, from the same mangaka) but haven't gotten round to it.
I can recommend the Neuro manga, it's about 250 chapters (IIRC) and really good. I've seen about 75% of the anime, and it seems to cover maybe the first 100-150 chapters or so (with Sai).

Thank you for adding 🙇🏻

PS. More good webcomics: Noblesse, Hardcore Leveling Warrior, and yea, that's the two I can think of from the top of my head.

5 years ago

Thank you for all the great recommendations, I hope I get some more time to check them all out soon! <3

5 years ago

You're welcome 😉 🐻

5 years ago

Hi! Would love to join in...

I'm currently returning to Whose Line is it Anyway. Found a lot of clips of the newer seasons on youtube and I am laughing my ass off with this improv show. Highly recommended.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO-GoJwjQwA

5 years ago

Oh, I love Whose Line! I haven't watched it in years, but I really should catch up sometime. (Sadly, the video you shared isn't available in the US, but I'm sure I can safely assume that it's hilarious as Whose Line always is lol)

5 years ago

Oh...

Well, here is an old one, with the best guest ever :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE9NmXpXfLs

5 years ago

Thanks! Haha I love them so much, and Robin Williams is dearly missed <3

5 years ago

i recently just got my early birthday tv so ive been obsessed with watching hells kitchen. its one of my favourite shows so i started from the start and just about to enter season 7 since im on the last episode of season 6. its a great show to watch if you like gordon ramsey, if you dont watch it anyway to see the chefs get slammed to pieces. Since I didnt start until i think season 13 ive got a whole lot of new episodes to watch and rewatch the ones i have anyway

5 years ago

I haven't seen much of Hell's Kitchen, but Gordon Ramsey is always entertaining to watch! I'm glad you're enjoying it and have so many seasons to keep you busy ^^

5 years ago

Applying for whitelist :)

Series: Binge-Watching Brooklyn-Nine-Nine this weekend cause i have finally some free time and need something "simple and funny" to relax :)
Books: Currently reading through my Discworld Collection again. I really miss Terry Pratchett

5 years ago

Ooh, both of those have been on my list forever, I can't wait until I have some more free time so I can start on them! And I miss Terry Pratchett as well, and I'm glad his spirit lives on through all of his fantastic works.

5 years ago

Right now I'm obsessed with playing Stardew Valley. Not sure if I'll try for all the achievements, but I am trying to build my dream farm.

Graveyard Keeper seems like something I'd really like to play.

5 years ago

Haha I know that feeling. I've got more hours in Stardew Valley than I have for any other game on Steam. Graveyard Keeper has kind of a similar feel in my opinion, but with darker humor ^^

5 years ago

Hello Becca!
I'm currently not obsessed with anything, but the last few months I had been listening through all Gorillaz discography over and over o_o I've done that with a few other bands (Rammstein, Maroon 5, Evanescence, etc. <--as you can see, there's no pattern here) in the past. Idk. I don't listen to music as much as most of the people I know, but I do this. Is it weird?
Also you're the 2nd person to remind me of Buffy: the Vampire Slayer since yesterday. So much undying love for this show, I wouldn't imagine it ended 15 years ago! 0_0 I'm aging too fast...
Sorry for any kind of broken english, I know people who get mad haha n_n'
Un abrazo!

5 years ago

I listen to a lot of different music, but I definitely go through phases where I'll only listen to one band on repeat for a long while. I don't think it's weird at all!
Wow, yeah, it really is strange to think of the fact that Buffy ended so long ago. I'm excited for the sequel series though and really hope they do it justice!
(Also, your English is perfectly fine! ^^)

5 years ago

I love anime. this ending season has my hero academia, overlord, attack on titan, gintama. but there was one that i particularly like, aside from gintama. asobi asobase. good Lord the hilarity. it is so funny as to rival the likes of gintama, good luck girl and defrag. there are a lot comedy anime and this is no doubt top ten material...hope i qualify for WL. have a great day

5 years ago

I haven't had a chance to watch any of those (except for the first season of Attack on Titan), but most of them have been on my list for quite a while! I hadn't heard of Asobi Asobase though, so thanks for sharing! Hopefully I get some more time to check them all out soon!

5 years ago

1. I think I'm qualified for your criterion.
  2. These days I'm obsessed with Killing Floor 2. I had played it for 2 times when it was on free weekend promotion period, and thought it sure was good. I couldn't wait any further and took it this January. Have been playing this for more than 400 hours and feel that my stress is relieved and crashed into pieces along with the enemies. Recommendable for those who enjoy FPS and zombie slaughtering games. (Technically the enemies are not zombies but Zeds - biologically created entities... well, anyway.)
5 years ago

I've watched a few LPs of Killing Floor 2 and definitely found it entertaining. I can't play it myself because I am absolutely horrid at FPS games and would die in about 5 seconds flat haha, but I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it so much and it's good stress relief!

5 years ago

I wasn't good (maybe until now either) but just kept trying. Got a little better.
To appreciate your kindness I reply back with a blueheart from my side! (Just added)

5 years ago

Aw thank you, I appreciate it! ^^

5 years ago

Applying for whitelist :)

I'm watching some chinese martial arts drama, I'm hoping that there will be some onions that can make me tear up :D
I'm in love with it. I just finish a few drama :))

Right now, I am waiting for The Flash TV Series to be out ^^

5 years ago

Ooh, it's been a while since I've watched any tear-worthy dramas haha. What's the name of the one you're watching now?
A few of my friends are very into The Flash, but I haven't had a chance to watch it myself yet.

5 years ago

not sure about the English name for it

5 years ago

Interested in applying! I'm currently watching The Sopranos on Amazon Prime. Didn't see it when it originally aired, and I'm enjoying it so far! Just recently finished Jack Ryan, great show, was left wanting more after it ended after just 8 episodes. Hopefully there's a season 2!

5 years ago

Hmm I haven't had a chance to watch The Sopranos yet either, but I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it! And you're the second person in this thread to recommend Jack Ryan, I guess I'll have to bump it up my list ^^

5 years ago

Not obssessed with any specific thing at the moment, currently re-reading The Dark Tower series of books though as I really enjoyed them first time through. Book 1 people struggle with (and it is key to the plot) but after that it gets really interesting.

5 years ago

Ooh I love what few Stephen King books I've read, but I haven't had a chance to start on The Dark Tower series yet. I'll keep that in mind when I finally get to start on them!

5 years ago

Im intrested.

I currently am watching Sword art online. I just finished fullmetal alchemist. Havent watched many anime shows yet, but Im trying to watch more and really like what I have seen so far.

5 years ago

Ooh both of those are on my list! I've watched a little of FMA, but not much. I don't watch a ton of action-y anime like that, but I'd recommend checking out Eden of the East and Durarara if you're looking for more! ^^

5 years ago

Hi. My current obsession is Euro Truck Simulator 2.

You start as a truck driver, selecting jobs, driving to pick up the trailers, delivering them to the destination, getting paid, and repeating. It may sound boring, at least I thought it did at first, but it's very compelling while being a chill and relaxing experience.

It's enjoyable just to drive around the world, explore, discover new cities, and see all the interesting sights around. At the same time, there's a progression system where you make money, earn XP, gain skills, unlock more and better deliveries, buy garages, buy new trucks, hire drivers to work for you.

But the real hook is the next delivery, and figuring out where it'll take you. Do you want to drive up to Scandinavia, or down to Italy, or visit the Czech Republic? The choice is yours. There's a free demo you can try out. And if you're from Europe, you may prefer American Truck Simulator - it may be more exotic being different.

5 years ago

Hmm I've never been a big fan of the Simulator games, but I hadn't really considered the part about exploring new places and seeing the sights! I'll definitely have to at least check out the demo for that one! ^^

5 years ago

If you try it, keep in mind the tutorial mission is just that, a tutorial delivery. The real game starts after you buy your first truck (probably with a helpful loan from the bank).

And thank you. :)

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.