Enhanced SteamGifts & SteamTrades (ESGST)

An extension / userscript that adds some cool features to SteamGifts and SteamTrades.

If you find any bugs or have any feature requests, please file an issue here.

Compatibility

Tested and confirmed as working:

• Chrome (since v55)
  • Firefox (since v52)
  • Pale Moon

Not tested but should be working:

• Any Chromium-based browser (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...)

Not supported:

• Edge
  • Safari

Installation

There are two different ways to use ESGST: extension or userscript. You can choose which one you want to use, but the extension is a lot faster and has a better peformance than the userscript, so I recommend it, although there is no major difference between them, except for a few options that are only available in the extension because of limitations in the userscript.

Option 1 - Extension

It should be possible to install the extension in any Chromium-based browser from the Chrome store (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...), any Firefox-based browser from the Firefox store (such as Waterfox, etc...), and any browser that uses the Phoebus system from the Pale Moon store (such as Basilik, etc...).

You can also use the extension on Android through Firefox for Android, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Option 2 - Userscript

To install the userscript, you must install Violentmonkey, Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey or some other userscript manager first. Then click here and you should be prompted to install it. I recommend Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey, because the userscript uses the GM_addValueChangeListener API to communicate changes in the storage between tabs, and that API is not available on Greasemonkey, so a polyfill is used for Greasemonkey, which is not very effective and can affect the performance.

You can also use the userscript on Android through Firefox with Violentmonkey or USI, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Beta Versions

The latest beta version for both the extension and the userscript is always available in the latest pre-release in the releases page.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Is there a feature to search discussions by user? Happy Easter

6 years ago

Not at the moment.

6 years ago

Ok. Thank you for the reply.

6 years ago

All of my giveaways have ended and received. Still ESGST has this extra bar in the level bar.
Is this a bug?

View attached image.
6 years ago

You have to sync your giveaways through the settings menu, otherwise the feature cannot know that the giveaways have been received.

6 years ago

Got it. Thanks!

6 years ago

Hey, Rafael ( =
Didn't use the group libraries checker for a long time, but now it doesn't work for me if I use game titles. If I input app id it's fine tho.
Just a heads up.
Appreciate all the work you put into this amazing project <3

6 years ago

It's always been like that for libraries. And with the new Steam wishlist, it's even worse. Retrieving game titles would mean more requests, so that's not a good idea.

6 years ago

Oh. OK. I understand ( =

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

6 years ago

The proper way would be to just not include the [countries="..."] tag at all.

You tried that way and it didn't work? What specifically happened? When you clicked on "Create" the giveaway turned red in the panel?

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

Well, that's expected, first you have to fill the details in the page itself, because any details missing from the import will be copied over from that, as described in the tooltip of the import section.

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

It's just how it's implemented at the moment. If you leave any detail out of the import it copies that detail from the main page. If you don't specify [startTime="..."], for example, it copies the start time you set in the main page, and if you didn't set a start time in the main page that will lead to an error.

So before importing anything you have to make sure you filled all the basic details in the main page that you want the imported giveaways to default to. A quick way to do that is using Giveaway Templates.

I'll think of a better way to implement this.

6 years ago

Done, use [countries="*"] for that.

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

6 years ago

As always, please check for errors in the console.

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

6 years ago

Last version doesn't work for me, strange.

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property 'indexOf' of undefined at init (esgst.js:6352)

6 years ago

Endless scrolling started working for me since last update

6 years ago

Endless scrolling Broken since today :C

6 years ago

Broken in what way?

6 years ago

Works on notebook but doesnt work at all at the pc

6 years ago

Did you check the includes at the PC?

6 years ago

Idk why but now it works on the pc too, i did nothing :\

6 years ago

ESGST works in mysterious ways.

6 years ago

Can you filter your wishlist giveaways to only show group or whitelist giveaways?

6 years ago

Yes, check the feature Giveaway Filters.

6 years ago

I am visiting this and wanted to use the GA extractor, but it extracts just the main GA and one other.
In previous instances the extractor plugged everything from the list.

6 years ago

It's extracting everything for me. Which options do you have enabled under Giveaway Extractor in the settings menu?

6 years ago

I had "extract from the current GA onward".
I disabled it and extracted everything.
Thank you (^_^)

6 years ago

It seems that first-party isolation in Firefox prevents categories from being loaded. Previously it worked perfectly, but since March the following errors show up in console.

a is undefined  background.js:171
Unchecked lastError value: Error: First-Party Isolation is enabled, but the required 'firstPartyDomain' attribute was not set.  ExtensionCommon.jsm:425

I'm using the latest version of the Userscript.

6 years ago

I don't know what first-party isolation is, will have to look into it.

6 years ago

I enabled it here and the categories loaded fine. Since I use the extension, perhaps it's related to Greasemonkey? Greasemonkey had an update on March: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/greasemonkey/versions/4.3

Try downgrading your Greasemonkey to see if the issue goes away, or try with Tampermonkey, or try the extension. Any particular reason why you're not already using the extension? It has much better performance than the userscript.

6 years ago

Thanks for looking into it!
Previously I tried out the extension, but on first try it failed to sync data, and later when I tried again, it failed to load entirely.

Error: WebExtension context not found!  ExtensionParent.jsm:855:13
TypeError: esgst.settings.gc_categories is undefined  esgst.js:6352:1

This shows up in the console when I try to use the extension.
Edit: Same thing happened when I switched to Greasemonkey and now it's the same on Tampermonkey after reinstalling it.

6 years ago*

Yeah, it's better to wait for the next version, the current version is bugged for first installs.

6 years ago

After the update the extension installed without a problem, however syncing is still an issue. When I try to sync data nothing actually happens, it just goes on forever.

TypeError: heading is undefined  ExtensionContent.jsm:33058:17
6 years ago

Still happens? Does it still fail if you disable group sync? If so, is there anything unusual in your group page?

Ah, might be that first-party isolation thing.

6 years ago

The group page looks normal to me, but if I disable group sync a different error shows up, even with first-party isolation disabled.

TypeError: element.querySelector(...) is null  esgst.js:33244:21
6 years ago

Any way to get the GA Enter button back on the right side of the level requirement?

6 years ago

Just drag it.

6 years ago

ESGST - Just drag it.™

You sir, are a scholar and a gentleman.

6 years ago

Reminder about function goToComment

6 years ago

I didn't forget about it, I just have more important issues to fix first. There are many issues reported since page 64 that I haven't had time to fix yet, but I only mark comments as read in this thread if I absolutely don't need them anymore, so Comment Tracker prevents me from forgetting about issues reported here, it's just a bit hard to keep up.

But still, since you brought it up again I might as well move it up a bit in the to-fix queue. Hopefully I find some time for it for v7.17.6.

6 years ago

NP, i just was not sure if it was overlooked.

6 years ago

Hey, I wanna auto send keys to the winners at once but this script seems not working at all.

6 years ago

I think there is a bug with the current version for new users. Do you know how to install v7.17.4? If not, I can help you when I get home in a couple hours.

6 years ago

Try installing v7.17.6, it should work now.

6 years ago

settings menu appears, thanks 😀

6 years ago

No problem, the feature you're looking for is Unsent Gifts Sender.

6 years ago

Yay for automatic backup working again! 👍

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

6 years ago

Check the console log. You're installing v7.17.6?

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

Are you sure? I get v7.17.6 when clicking on the link. v7.17.5 is bugged for new installs.

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

Hey, do you see anything odd or unusual with this pic?
I sense there's something wrong with it, somewhere... but I can't quite put my finger on it.. ofc I can't touch it dummy! it's on my monitor screen and it's not touch/tactile or whatever XD
No, seriously, I've included the TamperMonkey script (no extension) and I think I'm seeing double.. I'm not sure, everything else seems fine, no clones or duplicates, but that area over there seems... off...

No worries, I'll show myself out. Have a great evening, everybody :)

EDIT: People, I'm an idiot. I had 2 versions, one coming from TamperMonkey and a sneaky one from GreaseMonkey I didn't knew I had. So, yeah..

View attached image.
6 years ago*

Can you double check that you don't have 2 versions of ESGST installed on Greasemonkey and Tampermonkey? Or that you don't have a second version installed as an extension?

6 years ago

Oh WOW this is embarrasing, but I own it, I'm sorry R, I messed up; indeed there was 2 versions, I didn't noticed before and chances are it was like that since I first installed it quite a while ago.
I've disabled it on GreaseMonkey, funny I remember having it disabled before, not sure how or why would automatically enabled itself now prob after an update. That certainly would explain why never saw it before until now. No extension, but had 2 scripts, I'm an idiot!

Anyhow, sorry again to alarm you and everyone. Good thing I mentioned it like that.

6 years ago

No problem, I've seen this happen a lot with other users. What often happens is people having the script and extension installed.

6 years ago

Dont know if this is mentioned before, but I tried enabling rating. Setting 2.10
When a game has an age check, for example it doesnt view the rating right away. I have to go to store page and then reload steamgifts.

Dont know if you have an fix for this and if not. Do you think this also affect trading card tag and maybe other stuff too?

6 years ago

Yes, that's how it works. I don't know if there is a way to fix it, are you on the userscript or the extension? But if you check the box to not show the warning for other games it should be ok.

No, it does not affect trading cards. It only affects ratings and user-defined tags.

6 years ago

I use extension. I have enhanced steam so it automatically skips for me. I will try to disable enhanced steam and then check the box and see if it helps for future games.

6 years ago

The extractor seems to mess up alignment:
Example

6 years ago

Yep, same thing for me (both extractor and bookmarks)
I have tried to uninstall / reinstall, no luck (Chrome browser)

6 years ago

i have the some problem, but only with the extractor(it's the only one of the 3 that i configured to open in a new tab)

6 years ago

Should be fixed.

6 years ago

Thanks! Works fine now :)

6 years ago

Since today I'm getting a "You are not logged in on Steam. Some owned/wishlisted/ignored games may not be detected through the Steam API." message while synching, even I am logged in to Steam (Browser and Client). And of course my profile is fully public.

6 years ago

What browser are you on? Do you use the userscript or the extension?

6 years ago

Oh sorry, forgot to mention. Firefox 59.0.2 and the extension

6 years ago

Are you using containers? First-party isolation?

6 years ago

I didn't thought so, but I activated the option for it (9.1) anyways. Now it works as it should again, thanks.

Edit: Okay, it worked ONCE. The next sync it removed the readded Apps again (it also did remove them the first time, but that's because of the API I guess) and gave the message again. .

Edit²: 3rd Time's the charm? Now it is adding apps again.. seems like it plays some kind of ping pong with the API... removing them with the message, adding them without the message... some new API limitations? Oh well, until the next sync I let some hours go by instead of minutes ^^" The Apps seem to be only DLC's anyways (some free, some not)

6 years ago*

You shouldn't activate that option unless you use containers.

It is normal to remove them with the message and add them without the message. Every time you sync it removes all games so that it can detect any game removals.

What do you get if you go here?

6 years ago

Okay, deactivated the option again^^" It syncs now normally again it seems. Guess the API was just a bit flaky yesterday.
And the link gives me the whole API heap of my userdata.
rgWishlist […] rgOwnedPackages […] rgOwnedApps […] rgPackagesInCart [] rgAppsInCart [] rgRecommendedTags […] rgIgnoredApps […] rgIgnoredPackages [] rgCurators {…} rgCurations {…}

6 years ago

Ok then, let me know if any further issues occur.

6 years ago

Could somebody help me and show me how to filter by games which have achievements please? I thought I had set that up in the settings but I can't see how you filter by games with achievements on the steam gifts site. Thanks in advance.

6 years ago

1. Enable Game Categories > Achievements
  2. Enable Giveaway Filters > Multiple Filters > Achievements
  3. Go to the page with the giveaways, a filter panel will appear below the main page heading, with the text "Expand filters".
  4. Click on it to expand it, configure your filters there and save it.
6 years ago

Thanks. I got it working :)

6 years ago

I just updated to the latest version 7.17.7 on Firefox and now giveaway extraction (to new page) seems to be messed up. There was nothing wrong before that version. Is there away to go back to the previous version for the time being?

View attached image.
6 years ago

Already reported a few comments above you.

Old versions: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/esgst/versions/

You can also just open the extractor in the same page instead of a new tab for now.

6 years ago

Not working in Chrome: Version 66.0.3359.117 Using Tampermonkey Stable

6 years ago*

"Not working" is the most ambiguous thing you can say when reporting an issue, please specify what exactly is going on.

Does the ESGST button appear in the header? Are there errors in the console (Ctrl + Shift + I)?

6 years ago

I'm sorry i was meant to ask it as a question forgot to put "?"

I don't see any ESGST button in the header.

View attached image.
6 years ago

When did this start happening? Or are you installing the script for the first time?

6 years ago

I'm Installing it for the First time.

6 years ago

Are you trying to install the latest version (v7.17.8)?

6 years ago

Thanks v7.17.8 working perfect i had v7.17.7 probably thats the problem!

6 years ago

ESGST has stopped working for me too: the header button is gone and none of the other buttons for additionnal functions i used are showing up. The website is basically back to vanilla state. I hope i can at least recover the giveaways i'd bookmarked for when my points would be replenished :')

I use Violentmonkey in Chrome. The script is activated and is shown as associated with the website. Other scripts (that had no interaction with ESGST before) keep working just fine. Any idea what could be wrong?

Edit: the script seems to work fine with Tampermonkey, so it's my fault for not using that from the start >< Too bad for my bookmarks but at least i can use ESGST again :')

6 years ago*

Please check the console log (Ctrl + Shift + I).

Don't delete your Violentmonkey version just yet, your bookmarks are not gone.

6 years ago

I switched back to Violentmonkey to check that and it does show an error for ESGST:

Error running script: ESGST
RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded
Maximum call stack size exceeded

6 years ago

Hmm, odd. And it used to work in previous versions? Can you remember the last version it worked?

6 years ago

It seemed to work fine yesterday, but i only applied the newest update after it stopped functionning, to see if that would fix things. So the previous version definitely worked for a while (Violentmonky is set to check for updates daily).

6 years ago

Violentmonkey appears to have updated 7 hours ago? Did it start happening in the recent hours? That could be the source. You could try downgrading to the previous Violentmonkey version if you can (2.9.1), to see if that's the source.

6 years ago

Oh, you're right! Given the times, that must be it.
Seems like i can't downgrade without uninstalling the current version though, which i'm guessing will delete my script settings.

6 years ago

I can't test on Chrome at the moment, but you can export your data through Violentmonkey. If you click on the Violentmonkey icon, then "Open Dashboard", then "Settings", there will be a "Data Export" section. So you can export ESGST to a .zip file there (remember to check "Export script data"), downgrade to the previous Violentmonkey and import the .zip file into it.

Or, if you want to ditch Violentmonkey entirely, I can show you how to export your data from Violentmonkey to Tampermonkey manually.

6 years ago

I'm more interested in transfering it to Tampermonkey, if you'd be so kind.

Edit: it seems to be working properly again today! Violentmonkey was updated 3 hours ago and that seems to have fixed the problem.
I still used the backup/restore data function to transfer my settings to Tampermonkey, just in case.

Thank you for your time and assistance!

6 years ago*

Ah, perfect, glad to hear it. :)

6 years ago

By the way, is that the full error? Does it mention anywhere the line in the script where that error occurs? If you don't know what to look for, a screenshot of the full console would be nice.

6 years ago

Bump

6 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.