Enhanced SteamGifts & SteamTrades (ESGST)

An extension / userscript that adds some cool features to SteamGifts and SteamTrades.

If you find any bugs or have any feature requests, please file an issue here.

Compatibility

Tested and confirmed as working:

• Chrome (since v55)
  • Firefox (since v52)
  • Pale Moon

Not tested but should be working:

• Any Chromium-based browser (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...)

Not supported:

• Edge
  • Safari

Installation

There are two different ways to use ESGST: extension or userscript. You can choose which one you want to use, but the extension is a lot faster and has a better peformance than the userscript, so I recommend it, although there is no major difference between them, except for a few options that are only available in the extension because of limitations in the userscript.

Option 1 - Extension

It should be possible to install the extension in any Chromium-based browser from the Chrome store (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...), any Firefox-based browser from the Firefox store (such as Waterfox, etc...), and any browser that uses the Phoebus system from the Pale Moon store (such as Basilik, etc...).

You can also use the extension on Android through Firefox for Android, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Option 2 - Userscript

To install the userscript, you must install Violentmonkey, Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey or some other userscript manager first. Then click here and you should be prompted to install it. I recommend Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey, because the userscript uses the GM_addValueChangeListener API to communicate changes in the storage between tabs, and that API is not available on Greasemonkey, so a polyfill is used for Greasemonkey, which is not very effective and can affect the performance.

You can also use the userscript on Android through Firefox with Violentmonkey or USI, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Beta Versions

The latest beta version for both the extension and the userscript is always available in the latest pre-release in the releases page.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I'm getting "response is not defined" when trying to upload backup to Google Drive. Is it my fault
Oh, it is also saying that I don't have the latest update (when it showed last updates after I came to this thread)
Also, some threads don't shows as reversed... This is one of them. Dunno why and still can't reproduce the pattern.
I'll try to pay attention to detect what triggers this.

5 years ago*

No, I'm getting it as well, will look into it.

5 years ago

Thanks! (I just edited the comment with additional problems.).

5 years ago

it is not so bad losing all filters and makes them again...but problem is i really dont know how do my filters in this new system...really confusing for me right now
is that lvl filter working?

5 years ago

Should be working in the latest.

5 years ago

Good to hear that you fix the <= filter

5 years ago

thanks for info
maybe that was why i was lazy to start making my filters
finally managed to get it working
btw, thanks so much for all your work :)

5 years ago

Wow, SGv2 Dark is included in the ESGST extension now! This is really appreciated. I pretty much stopped using userscripts ever since Greasemonkey messed up my browser so bad I had to go back to an old profile backup. Now SG can be easy on the eyes again, without having to use any buggy "monkey" addons.

It's too bad that ESGST themes don't affect sgtools, but that would just be icing on the cake. I'm surprised and grateful that themes support was even added in the first place. Thank you!

Please excuse my denseness about filtering. The only page I'd use giveaway filtering on is the main giveaways page, so I figured I might as well turn that off everywhere else.

I can get that working on pages 2 and onward with this include: ^/giveaways/search\?page=*

But that include doesn't work on the home page. Hitting Add Current on the home page (which gives ^/ ) enables giveaway filtering on every page (whishlist, recommended, etc). And putting "www.steamgifts.com" (without quotes) in the include doesn't do anything. How do you include just the home page? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Btw, I've noticed that long tooltips don't always align themselves to fit on the screen properly (I'm on Firefox).

View attached image.
5 years ago

Yeah, I'm not sure if I should extend ESGST to SGTools. It's a part of SG anyway, to some extent, so I guess that would make sense.

I have to fix the "Add Current" button, it doesn't work correctly on the main page.

This should work for main page only:

^/($|giveaways(?!\/(new|wishlist|created|entered|won)))
5 years ago

Hmm. That acts the same as ^/ (turns it on for every page). I don't really understand why that doesn't work either.

Yeah, I'm not sure if I should extend ESGST to SGTools. It's a part of SG anyway, to some extent, so I guess that would make sense.

It is a little jarring to go from a dark theme in SG to the default bright sgtools, tbh, though it's not near as essential as having themes in SG itself of course. If it wouldn't take a lot of work to implement in sgtools could be worth it.

Really, with this latest update there's pretty much only one thing I can think of anymore that I wish was in ESGST, but isn't. The functionality of kelnage's "Do You Even Play, Bro?" script. It's the only thing left that I ever have to temporarily turn on Tampermonkey to use, so if that was ever added to ESGST I could finally abandon script monkeys altogether.

5 years ago

You added that in the includes, right?

User Giveaway Data should do what that script does, I think. Check it out and let me know what's missing.

5 years ago

I'll copy it back out of the include just to make sure I copied the whole thing.
^/($|giveaways(?!/(new|wishlist|created|entered|won)))
That's the only include I have set for Giveaway Filters.

(Sorry for the following wall of text. I experienced some problems with the Giveaway Data won game checker, as well as explaining what the Do You Even Play script does to be so convenient and useful.)

Oh, I didn't know Giveaway Data could do that. Unfortunately it shows achievements in a much less convenient way (for me at least) than the Do You Even Play script. The first picture shows how that script looks on the Won page.

Pretty much the fact that it puts all that information directly on the Won page, arranged like it does, puts a load of useful information in a compact and easily readable way. Things like Average and Total Playtime, Avg. Achievement Percentage, the Games with Playtime... line, and the Achievement Rates line.

The How Long To Beat information is useful too. And the fact that the script even puts some of that information next to the games themselves down below can be useful as well. Sometimes people change the way they treat wins and start to actual play most of them at some point. But they may leave older wins unplayed, so being able to see their wins in order on the Won page, with the HLTB and achievements next to the individual games is nice information to have in a convenient place to have it.

In contrast, the ESGST playtime/achievements chart is apparently sorted alphabetically by Gifter name (at least it is for my won chart). So there would be no way to tell if someone who didn't play older wins started playing most of their newer wins by looking at that chart.

Personally, having all the information automatically show up on the Won page for a user once you've checked them is simply more convenient overall than having to click to make a popup show up. The playtime/achievement chart in the ESGST popup is much more concise however for looking through many games, or for individual games, than browsing through several win pages. For my uses, that's pretty much the only advantage to the popup.

I encountered three problems while checking that out.

First, ESGST isn't caching the Giveaway Data. If I leave my Profile or Won page and come back, clicking the Gifts Won chart button does not bring up a chart. I have to hit Get Data again. Is there some setting I need to change to make that stick? It turns out that ESGST is caching the information, it just won't show you a chart again until you hit Get Data again and wait for it to count through someone's list of games again.

Second, I think ESGST's checker may be bugged on GOTY type collections. I have won one of those (see image two), and for that ESGST incorrectly says I have no playtime, no achievements, and that the game itself has zero achievements. Underneath the chart it says only two games I won have achievements when it should be three. And it says 5 of 6 have playtime, when all of them should. I tried refreshing the page and rechecking, with the same result.

The Do You Even Play script does have the right information at the bottom of image one, so it has to be something about how ESGST does its checking that causes that.

Finally, I have a small number of wins so I tried checking your wins, just to see what it would be like checking over a hundred wins. The first time I tried it stayed at "Retrieving game stats (0 of x)" for over ten minutes. I checked task manager and it said Firefox was using no bandwidth, so I closed the popup, refreshed the page, and hit Get Data again. This time it shortly went up to 10 but then stayed there indefinitely. I tried once more after a few minutes and it quickly went up to 18 and stayed there. I left the page up while I finished writing this (it's still says 18 as I type this).

So now I'm refreshing one more time and retrying... It continuously counted up all the way and completed this time, and the charts popped up. I think something must be very bugged with the counter, because it keeps stalling after a few games. And it must have completed in the background while I finished typing this comment, yet it never made the chart show up until I refreshed the page and hit Get Data again, almost certainly after it had already finished checking all the won games.

I've never experienced that kind of problem with the Do You Even Play script, so I have no idea what is going on. (As a test just checked your wins with the Do You Play script, and it took about 4 and a half minutes total instead of, I think, at least 25+ minutes to half an hour with ESGST. It was very hard to tell because ESGST kept stalling. Do You Even Play never stalled and never paused it's counter for more than ten seconds.) I'm very confused at this huge difference between ESGST and the Do You Even Play script, but I hope that's enough information to figure things out. Maybe kelnage somehow came up with some incredibly efficient way of checking?

And now if I leave your profile page and come back... I have to hit Get Data and wait for it to count through all 200+ wins again (which is a significant delay even when that's already cached) before it will show the charts again. At least it is caching, and my initial impression that it wasn't caching was wrong. But I don't know why ESGST can't generate a chart with existing data. That is definitely a more useful feature that Do You Even Play makes the information automatically come up again when you revisit the user's Won page, without having to recheck anything (and therefore not have to wait for it to count through several hundred games if the person has a large win list), and also shows the last date you checked that person.

View attached image.
View attached image.
5 years ago

That's weird, I can't detect anything wrong with that include. In fact, I just tested it now and it worked fine...

The feature might be bugged, it's not supposed to work that way and I haven't used it in a long time. I'll look into it.

5 years ago

Did you change something with 7.20.4 which may have affected that include? I just upgraded from 7.20.3 to 7.20.4 and it's working as it should be now (giveaway filtering only showing up on home page and later pages, but not other things like wishlist).

Yesterday it was making giveaway filtering stuff show up on pages like recommended, groups, wishlist, etc too. I haven't changed any setting in ESGST since then, just updated to 7.20.4.

I've had to manually upgrade (go to Firefox site to update) 7.20.2 and 7.20.4 (and I think 7.20.3 too iirc). I can't remember if I had to do that with 7.20.1 or not. I had ESGST automatic updates set to Default on Firefox's addons page, then when I manually had to update 7.20.2, I set that to On.

Is there a setting in ESGST on SG that I need to change to get that working?

5 years ago

No, I don't think so. Perhaps there aren't any giveaways in the other pages that don't match the filters? But that changes things. When you said home page I thought you were talking about the entire home page (including recommended, new, etc...). To include only the main page containing the public (all) giveaways, the include has to be:

^/($|giveaways(?!.*(new|wishlist|recommended|group|created|entered|won)))

The add-on may take a while to automatically update, maybe 24 hours at most?

5 years ago

Ah, that explains it. I was starting to wonder if it hadn't been clear enough what I was trying to do.

I put that in the include, and added it to endless scrolling as well (that's the probably only place I would want endless scrolling too) and it's working great. Thanks!

I see what happened with the updating. Because I was coming to the ESGST thread often, I must have been getting that "you aren't on the latest version" message as soon as an update went through. And I didn't realize that auto update is too slow to prevent that form happening if you're coming to the ESGST thread a lot.

It might be beneficial to put a note with the "not the latest version" message that auto updating may have a delay, if you're coming to the thread shortly after an update.

Edit: Clicking on the encrypted giveaways star at the top of this page while having that set to open up a new page results in no giveaway being shown.

5 years ago*

Try v7.21.1. It has some major improvements to the feature, but it still doesn't present as many data as the other script on the profile page. Still, I believe it's much better now. It should correctly cache everything now, so you shouldn't see it re-scan the user when you go to check the results a second time in a 1-week period. And packages are now retrieved. The reason why ESGST showed 5/6 and 2/3 for you is because the other game you won (Alien Isolation Collection) is a package, and ESGST didn't previously check packages. But now it does, so it should show 6/6 and 3/3 for you. And the table shows how much playtime/achievements you have in each item of the package (DLCs don't have that information though).

5 years ago

Nice improvements.

I can confirm packages are being shown correctly now. Both the 6/6 and 3/3, and listing dlcs.

As dlcs times can't be checked anyway, if there was a way to hide dlcs for a package that would save a lot of space. For example the dlcs for Isolation take up an entire screen of the playtime/achievements chart all by themselves. Maybe there could be something like a +/- button next to the base game, and packaged dlcs could be hidden by default?

I don't know if it would be difficult to detect dlcs won via package vs a dlc won by itself. Most people wouldn't want to hide dlcs won individually, I would think. But packaged dlcs can get in the way because they take up a screen pretty easily.

Or... sgtools keeps dlcs in a separate section when checking activations and that's pretty useful. With the fact they can't be checked for playtime, maybe it would be more convenient to just list dlcs in a separate chart? I don't know.

you shouldn't see it re-scan the user when you go to check the results a second time in a 1-week period.

That's very good, and working well! There would need to be a way to force it to update before a week if someone wants though. For groups that use playing wins as "group ratio", winners and sometimes gifters need to be able to see updated playing information sooner than that, and likely group mods who do official checking if someone played their wins too.

It's very nice to see some stats on the won page already. I do hope that eventually most of the information from the other script can make it there too. Not just speaking for myself, that is probably what it would take for many people who use that script to be able to switch over to just using ESGST. Mostly because that script is very mature at this point, and all the information it gives now is useful and laid out in a way that would be hard to match or improve upon.

Oh, and being able to see when someone was last checked is pretty important to know.

Did this update do something to fix the stalling when checking achievements? It seems like it's fixed now, although with one potential issue.

When I checked your wins again as a test, it stalled at 156 achievements left to check. Then after refreshing the page it stalled at 148.

This made me think it wasn't fixed. But I decided to check some other people to make sure. And after checking 5 or 6 other people with 100+ wins, none of them stalled.

Something seemed off about that so I decided to clear cache on your page and retest. This time it checked fully without stalling.

So, I think that the stalling is fixed, which is great!

But I think that if someone still has cached data from before when it used to stall (like I did for you from my test from the previous ESGST version), that may cause it to still stall in 7.21.1 on the people who had already been cached in a previous ESGST version. I hope what I'm trying to say made sense. It's hard to word that well.

5 years ago

Some more enhancements were added today:

• You can now collapse/expand the contents of a package.
  • It now shows when the user was last checked.
  • There is now an option to force an update before the week-old cache is up.
  • You can now edit the "Won Game Playtime > X" and "Won Game Achievements > X" numbers in the profile page.
5 years ago

extend ESGST to SGTools

Pointless without any functionality though and negative due to the performance cost.

5 years ago

There wouldn't be any major performance cost if the only thing that ran under the SGTools domain was the function that styles the page.

5 years ago

I don't really know why the styles got included at all, as they work perfectly fine separately.
Having the script only active causes a 4+ second browser freeze on each sg page load, I don't want this to spread to more sites unnecessarily :-/

5 years ago

4 reasons why:

1. With the styles included on ESGST people can ditch Stylish or whatever userscript manager they were using if they were using it only for the theme.
  2. ESGST allows you to configure times of the day that the themes are activated.
  3. ESGST allows you to configure different themes for different pages.
  4. ESGST allows you to quickly switch themes.

That definitely doesn't sound right. The script active without any features enabled should be loaded instantly. At least that's the case in the extension.

5 years ago

A big part of that is caused by the data with 8+mb. Faster w/o active settings yes but still negative effect. The Steam-part got extracted from the script too, strange to now see the reverse happen.

Restore option can't read zip files?

5 years ago

Well, that's a very large data.

strange to now see the reverse happen.

What do you mean?

Restore option can't read zip files?

Is that a question or a bug report? It should read zip files fine.

5 years ago

Giveaways - Main takes 5.8MB, is there info on what that contains or possibility to keep it low?

What do you mean?

Before, the Steam Store Redirector got taken out into a separate script with a main reason to avoid loading ESGST on Steam.
Now the course being reversed to extend it back to more sites is simply somewhat strange to see.

Is that a question or a bug report?

Didn't know if it was supposed to be able to, so both then, as it fails to with showing

"Cannot parse file!"

5 years ago

+1 regarding reading of zip files.
Was wondering about this myself, but was also not sure since i didn't see any explicit point in the menu. (chrome, tampermonkey, Script)

5 years ago

Before, the Steam Store Redirector got taken out into a separate script with a main reason to avoid loading ESGST on Steam.
Now the course being reversed to extend it back to more sites is simply somewhat strange to see.

Well, SGTools is not Steam. And SGTools is more close to SG than Steam.

I'll get back to you later on the rest.

5 years ago

Man, talk about an update! :p

I've only run into two small issues (for now) - which might just be due to me misunderstanding features tbh

1. The "games", "groups" and "wishlist" links on user profiles only seem to work on my own profile
  2. The "SteamGifts Filters" don't seem to work and aren't saved with the preset. I do understand it correctly that when I check "DLC Missing Base", it filters out giveaways for DLC where I don't own the base game? I also can't seem to select any of the default presets, only the one I created

Edit: it seems I have in fact misunderstood the "SteamGifts Filters"! They actually change you SG settings. They only seem to toggle one way though. Like right now all my settings are on "yes" (so hide everything) and if I click the "above my level" checkbox in the filters (which should be checked but isn't) it unhides giveaways above my level (only after I reload though) but clicking it again doesn't hide them
And it also doesn't seem to have any effect on the giveaway extractor, I'm still seeing DLC where I don't own the base game even though I shouldn't (from what I understand, at least)

5 years ago*

Those links are only supposed to be on your profile, as you can't see the games, groups and wishlist of other users.

The SG filters don't work in the giveaway extractor. I'll look into the toggle issue.

5 years ago

Those links are only supposed to be on your profile, as you can't see the games, groups and wishlist of other users.

I'm an idiot. I was sure I clicked on them but I actually didn't and hence didn't realize they linked to games, groups and wishlists on sg (I didn't even know that existed tbh^^)

The SG filters don't work in the giveaway extractor.

Yeah I figured... Is there any way to hide DLC where I don't own the game with the filters?

5 years ago

Only if you have Game Categories and DLC enabled.

5 years ago

Hum.. Well I did that but I still can't really figure out how to hide only DLC where I don't own the base game.. Mind helping me out? I'm still trying to learn the new filter system :p

5 years ago

Oh, base game. Yeah, I don't think that's possible at the moment. Someone else suggested it and I'll see if I can get around to implementing it soon.

5 years ago

The SteamGifts filters should be fixed.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

5 years ago*

Try the latest.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

But did you configure those filters? Or are they the default ones? If they're the default ones, try deleting them and refreshing the page. They'll reappear, hopefully corrected this time.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Try the latest.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

How long? I've never experienced this long delay that many people have been reporting. I wonder if it's a userscript thing.

Did you try without the theme? It works fine for me here.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago*

Deleted

5 years ago

Glad to hear it!

Oh, right, I forgot to look into that. I still cannot reproduce it here... What theme are you using? So I can see if it's related somehow. I think some themes still affect the page while disabled.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Ah ok. Yeah, like I mentioned, some themes work in mysterious ways when they're disabled, so to really make sure that something isn't caused by a theme I think the only safe way is to test it on a different browser that has 0 themes installed (or uninstall the theme and reinstall it later). You should probably report it to Mully, her themes aren't very compatible with ESGST.

5 years ago

I have a question about new filter system.
My filter rules: https://imgur.com/a/g9cL617
With this rules on the main page https://www.steamgifts.com/ I can see level 9 giveaway "Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure" https://imgur.com/a/AIZi8hb
But with the same rules I can't see this giveaway on the page https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaways/search?level_min=9
All level 9 giveaways on this page are hidden. So how I can fix this?

5 years ago

You probably can't fix it, I have to fix it in the script. There appears to be a bug that the filters don't work correctly if you're using advanced search parameters, like level_min.

5 years ago

Thanks for your answer.

5 years ago

Try the latest.

5 years ago

It works fine now! Thank you.

5 years ago*

Is the script running now?

5 years ago

Yes, but next version will be more stable, I'm trying to release it in the next hour or so.

5 years ago

Should be good now.

5 years ago

thanks)

5 years ago

now working?

5 years ago

Yes, is it not for you?

5 years ago

does not work
Imgur
does not show that included on this site
Imgur

5 years ago

Check the console log (Ctrl + Shift + J).

5 years ago

![123] (Cross-Origin Read Blocking (CORB) blocked cross-origin response https://securepubads.g.doubleclick.net/pcs/view?xai=AKAOjsvKL3RZvbc5U4n3WkbgQKrg4O4bton5OmrvfApq1n4U4cH0SoNoyh-Pjob_mLE6sX_2Nv_jRvCm8sQWDC7K0QbSpJUqUqS8A2pfr7E6sGfj8tSnxqRthbFTkNMEAdV4GKzEJDhN7hzuc37ktGCXFnVH5DRzFL91Sd0ESGbaEPFUcSsq5_afVvs3mzAwhystC8RTwCyRgmLF9GyK8W7m7e-WcJHATPC7Ip-Wf-lvzZYVWpFVqri36M_h9PRLcJhHh7MFzeSe1mS0Dzk&sai=AMfl-YRdYICtxInURra8lvp4STk7ftL332ROzhj29-dcm7KHFZU1HEOCXaOPa-OZf3HUdOBNewInugYnHQVPJHCOqsdkBsux-4Q2nRsDvBqPw4GtjmA4VOqZN3UsqPHQ&sig=Cg0ArKJSzLQcr-8RYsAfEAE&urlfix=1&adurl= with MIME type text/html. See https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5629709824032768 for more details.
Image (async)
vu @ VM1004:1
(anonymous) @ VM1005:1
_.Rm @ pubads_impl_212.js:1
Sx @ pubads_impl_rendering_212.js:1
Tx @ pubads_impl_rendering_212.js:1
(anonymous) @ pubads_impl_rendering_212.js:1
(anonymous) @ pubads_impl_rendering212.js:1
.w @ pubads_impl_212.js:1
(anonymous) @ pubads_impl212.js:1
.h.Ea @ pubads_impl_212.js:1
(anonymous) @ pubads_impl_212.js:1
load (async)
ps @ pubads_impl212.js:1
.V.Ra @ pubads_impl_212.js:1
Ks @ pubads_impl_212.js:1
Es @ pubads_impl_212.js:1
Fs @ pubads_impl_212.js:1
ct @ pubads_impl_212.js:1
Oe @ pubads_impl_212.js:1
Us @ pubads_impl_212.js:1
.A @ pubads_impl_212.js:1
Ss @ pubads_impl_212.js:1
Rs @ pubads_impl212.js:1
.V.$a @ pubads_impl_212.js:1
St @ pubads_impl_212.js:1
uu @ pubads_impl212.js:1
.h.refresh @ pubads_impl_212.js:1
(anonymous) @ search?type=wishlist:172
y.cmd.push @ prebid_v5.js:3
(anonymous) @ search?type=wishlist:170
Xm.push @ pubads_impl_212.js:1
Ym @ pubads_impl_212.js:1
Or @ pubads_impl_212.js:1
Cross-Origin Read Blocking (CORB) blocked cross-origin response https://securepubads.g.doubleclick.net/pcs/view?xai=AKAOjsuEElWGHinIHgS_J1_Y02jDFncDeOqjhpavdn0Bxqd_M04R35fYzEe6a3-vOZiCXcyFeIq8mPH7RRoRvHlKs36kWhN8OBsBtTMc5y48x1jWL-r13Bcrg8PXQnxiiGLRj10cRmoKtYl1ufZJ78V1K1mw721rCnlxP0LkahQAp8bkfn2jd0Qc1SGP1w0MLvgWU5YlCZ5ElhXmPqsSHn0jyJnpUVURQXOW9a6_Fw6cnyKL5EeqCARIpNsNBq9vVRyROMHR2l-is13SRODb&sai=AMfl-YRjJU9SYLD_BAaxyP5ZYNoY54GR6zNCR5S7tsc0OTq0_Rm9rcHkL5Z6OdrMOLjUeB2uY8CRX31DSBPaNmKyfaPqXqommvbgu5Zj-ycquU6JXXALdiTzQmF10xea&sig=Cg0ArKJSzEfDW6zTjh_DEAE&urlfix=1&adurl= with MIME type text/html. See https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5629709824032768 for more details.
Image (async)
vu @ VM1012:1
(anonymous) @ VM1013:1
_.Rm @ pubads_impl_212.js:1
Sx @ pubads_impl_rendering_212.js:1
Tx @ pubads_impl_rendering_212.js:1
(anonymous) @ pubads_impl_rendering212.js:1
.w @ pubads_impl_212.js:1
.h.Ea @ pubads_impl_212.js:1
load (async)
ps @ pubads_impl212.js:1
.V.Ra @ pubads_impl_212.js:1
Ks @ pubads_impl_212.js:1
Es @ pubads_impl_212.js:1
Fs @ pubads_impl_212.js:1
ct @ pubads_impl_212.js:1
Oe @ pubads_impl_212.js:1
Us @ pubads_impl_212.js:1
.A @ pubads_impl_212.js:1
Ss @ pubads_impl_212.js:1
Rs @ pubads_impl212.js:1
.V.$a @ pubads_impl_212.js:1
St @ pubads_impl_212.js:1
uu @ pubads_impl212.js:1
.h.refresh @ pubads_impl_212.js:1
(anonymous) @ search?type=wishlist:172
y.cmd.push @ prebid_v5.js:3
(anonymous) @ search?type=wishlist:170
Xm.push @ pubads_impl_212.js:1
Ym @ pubads_impl_212.js:1
Or @ pubads_impl_212.js:1
ads?client=ca-pub-7519145598166360&output=html&h=280&slotname=3351253940&adk=700029470&adf=3279755397&w=336&pucrd=CgYgACgAOAF4Aw&guci=2.2.0.0.2.2.0&format=336x280&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.steamgifts.com%2Fgiveaways%2Fsearch%3Ftype%3Dwishlist&ea=0&flash=0&wgl=1&adsid=NT&dt=1528144385029&bpp=73&bdt=1081&fdt=83&idt=465&shv=r20180531&cbv=r20180518&saldr=aa&correlator=4540004425627&frm=23&ga_vid=2053104094.1528086938&ga_sid=1528144386&ga_hid=1746482468&ga_fc=0&pv=2&iag=3&icsg=682&nhd=1&dssz=11&mdo=0&mso=0&u_tz=180&u_his=6&u_java=0&u_h=1050&u_w=1680&u_ah=1020&u_aw=1680&u_cd=24&u_nplug=3&u_nmime=4&adx=134&ady=351&biw=1668&bih=1391&isw=336&ish=281&ifk=3534190991&scr_x=0&scr_y=0&eid=21061122%2C21061796%2C21061977&oid=3&ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.steamgifts.com%2Fgiveaways%2Fsearch%3Ftype%3Drecommended&rx=0&eae=2&fc=528&brdim=0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C1680%2C0%2C1680%2C1020%2C336%2C280&vis=1&rsz=||eE|&abl=CS&ppjl=u&pfx=0&fu=20&bc=7&jar=2018-6-4-4&osw_key=3519046711&ifi=1&fsb=1&dtd=514:1 Cross-Origin Read Blocking (CORB) blocked cross-origin response https://www.google.com/ads/measurement/l?ebcid=ALh7CaSPgmhwwPZ9cPGBY0QoLBxBLI9nIl5DqAg1hbJl5JvInpp-HA2PKvJUC6LlfQLKLqSZ8FvzxTHzTSAxlet2f5I8ceOTLg with MIME type text/html. See https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5629709824032768 for more details.
ads?client=ca-pub-7519145598166360&output=html&h=90&slotname=9394884740&adk=1525676005&adf=3279755396&w=728&pucrd=CgYgACgAOAF4Aw&guci=2.2.0.0.2.2.0&format=728x90&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.steamgifts.com%2Fgiveaways%2Fsearch%3Ftype%3Dwishlist&ea=0&flash=0&wgl=1&adsid=NT&dt=1528144385315&bpp=74&bdt=1256&fdt=313&idt=354&shv=r20180531&cbv=r20180518&saldr=aa&correlator=4540004425627&frm=23&ga_vid=2053104094.1528086938&ga_sid=1528144386&ga_hid=567486059&ga_fc=0&pv=1&iag=3&icsg=682&nhd=1&dssz=11&mdo=0&mso=0&u_tz=180&u_his=6&u_java=0&u_h=1050&u_w=1680&u_ah=1020&u_aw=1680&u_cd=24&u_nplug=3&u_nmime=4&adx=663&ady=6128&biw=1668&bih=1391&isw=728&ish=90&ifk=3234731121&scr_x=0&scr_y=0&eid=21061122&oid=3&ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.steamgifts.com%2Fgiveaways%2Fsearch%3Ftype%3Drecommended&rx=0&eae=2&fc=528&brdim=0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C1680%2C0%2C1680%2C1020%2C727%2C90&vis=1&rsz=||Eebr|&abl=CS&ppjl=u&pfx=0&fu=20&bc=7&jar=2018-6-4-20&osw_key=2118776057&ifi=1&fsb=1&dtd=400:1 Cross-Origin Read Blocking (CORB) blocked cross-origin response https://www.google.com/ads/measurement/l?ebcid=ALh7CaQxDUamUBOjys-ABrz3rmKctdM84P8QO6jTG4gJtqcRPyXUb4IkRwkwL_o8tD9aHxQJopfS31DcKCRXofBvVIiCWf4ZLg with MIME type text/html. See https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5629709824032768 for more details.)

5 years ago

None of those errors are related to ESGST. Does the ESGST button appear in the header?

5 years ago

no button
Imgur
as you see the script turned on
Imgur

5 years ago

Can you test v7.21.1?

5 years ago

I reinstalled the script and everything worked
sorry )

5 years ago

My automated trade bumper seemed to stop working after the new version update and can't for the life of me get it to work again. Did you make any changes in regards to the Steamtrades side? (btw, can I just say I highly appreciate your work, ESGST is actually great)

5 years ago

Can you check the console log for errors? I didn't change anything on ST.

5 years ago

Endless Scrolling (1.8 feature) need to activate-deactivate the following buttons in order to work properly. (last version)

View attached image.
5 years ago

thank you :3

5 years ago

That keeps toggling "off" automatically for me whenever I reload the home page.

5 years ago

Doesn't fix it for me.

5 years ago

I'm also having this problem.

@revilheart, cara ontem eu instalei a extensão pela a primeira vez. Não tinha noção de que existia uma extensão tão completa. Imaginava que seria apenas mais uma. Mas me surpreendi. Muito bom mesmo o seu trabalho. São tantas opções que ainda estou meio perdido, mas tou gostando bastante. O único problema que estou tendo é com a função de endless scrolling, que como o amigo apontou aí, é preciso apertar no botão para desativar e reativar para que a função faça o seu trabalho. No mais, sensacional. Parabéns pelo trabalho!!!

5 years ago

Esse problema foi resolvido na última versão.

Obrigado!

5 years ago

Não tinha observado que já tinha atualização. Problema corrigido. Muito obrigado!! :)

5 years ago

Try the latest.

5 years ago

I am noticing that with EVERY new update to the script, for the past few updates, I am getting the popup one time for each update saying something about the new filter system. I am currently not up to the task for setting that up at the moment. When will there be an option to dismiss this popup, so that it doesn't keep happening each and every time the script updates.

5 years ago

Will be gone next version.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

In my opinion the new update is the worst update since I've been using ESGST. The new filters are confusing and a pain to set up. Setting them up also lags the shit out of my browser. Oh man...

5 years ago

You might want to wait for the next version because it will convert your presets automatically so you don't have to reconfigure them.

Are you using the script or extension? And what browser? How long does the lag last?

If you don't need advanced filters you can just disable them and use the basic ones.

5 years ago

I figured out why I had issues. Apparently the update also disabled everything in the official SteamGifts filter settings. After enabling them again everything is working as expected.

About the lag: I'm using the script on the latest version of Google Chrome. The lag lasts for 5 to 10 seconds, I usually don't experience lag on the browser while using my gaming computer.

5 years ago

Apparently disabling the advanced filters fixed almost all of the lag.

5 years ago

That shouldn't happen, perhaps you disabled those filters and didn't realize it?

5 years ago

I went to bed last night and everything was good. Woke up today and opened Firefox (60.0.1) and came here to an ESGST update window and now things are broken. Continuous or reverse scrolling isn't working. I can't get past page 1 of the front page without manually entering a URL for the next one. Some comment pages don't show a text box to submit my own comment with (I am glad this one happened to work). SGV2 Dark theme seems to have disappeared. It's not even listed as an Add-on anymore even though I've used it forever. Not sure what is going on there. There are so many settings now that it's a pain to have to go through and untick each one to figure out what is wrong or what it's doing but I'm about ready to uninstall so I can use the site again because things are really broken for me now. Been using ESGST for a long time as well and have never had a problem like this.

5 years ago*

Check the console for errors (Ctrl + Shift + J).

5 years ago

Same issue here...endless scroll doesn't work as of today. Here is errors reported:

cdn.steamgifts.com/js/prebid_v5.js:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT
chrome-extension://dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo/userscript.html?id=eb9b9e10-36ec-4435-aacc-772c98534be3:13815 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: esgst.es_loadNext is not a function
at ESGST.es_resume (chrome-extension://dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo/userscript.html?id=eb9b9e10-36ec-4435-aacc-772c98534be3:13815)
at ESGST.es_activate (chrome-extension://dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo/userscript.html?id=eb9b9e10-36ec-4435-aacc-772c98534be3:13553)
integrator.js:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT
pubads_impl_207.js:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT

5 years ago

Try the latest.

5 years ago

Thanks! Quick work!

5 years ago

Seems to be working now except I ticked and unticked so many things trying to figure it out earlier that I'm not quite back to the way I like it again yet but I'm almost there. At least there's not elements missing anymore. Thanks!

5 years ago

Try the latest.

5 years ago

Can someone please tell me how to hide entered giveaways in this version? I'm having problems trying to edit the filter(s). Thanks!

5 years ago

Use the basic filters and select "Hide All" for entered.

You should probably wait for the next version, it will have some improvements.

5 years ago

TY for reply. I noticed what I missed was clicking "Collapse filters (0 filtered - 0P required to enter all unfiltered - Default)" I just went to "manage presets".

5 years ago

I've got some weird issue with ESGST on newest Firefox quantum. On one pc it works great without any flaws but on the other every time i use some of its features it log me out of SG.

It happens every single time i try hide and fade out game/giveaway using "eye" icon, when i click train extractor or when i use BL/WL checker.

5 years ago

Hmm, that's new. And other features are fine? It logs you out immediately? Or when you refresh the page you're no longer logged in?

5 years ago

Immediately. I have to repeat authorization through steam login. Most of these that are not "popup" works fine. I think that only those that got overlay or other kind of gui override functions break the site.

I've reinstalled addon but it didn't fix it. Both PC's got the same set of other browser addons (they are synchronized through google account). Maybe it's some firefox related issue. I'll reinstall it tomorrow.

5 years ago*

Just upgraded to 7.20.4 and on reloading SteamGifts, all sign of ESGST was missing like it had been disabled entirely. Reverted to 7.20.3 and all seems fine again...
Is that happening for anyone else?

(Using the Chrome extension in Vivaldi browser BTW)

5 years ago

Someone reported an issue with Vivaldi on GitHub, but without console errors I don't know what's happening. I'll probably have to download the browser and see for myself.

5 years ago

Same here, I'm using chrome. It's not completely disappeared though, but most functions, like the enter button and tags, are not showing despite of being activated in settings.

5 years ago*

When that happens please check the console log (Ctrl + Shift + J).

5 years ago

cdn.steamgifts.com/js/prebid_v5.js:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT
chrome-extension://dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo/userscript.html?id=13405f35-edba-4ffc-88e6-49bdd19a886e:17330 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: this.filters_changeRules is not a function or its return value is not iterable
at ESGST.filters_addContainer (chrome-extension://dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo/userscript.html?id=13405f35-edba-4ffc-88e6-49bdd19a886e:17330)
at ESGST.gf (chrome-extension://dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo/userscript.html?id=13405f35-edba-4ffc-88e6-49bdd19a886e:16534)
at ESGST.loadFeatures (chrome-extension://dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo/userscript.html?id=13405f35-edba-4ffc-88e6-49bdd19a886e:8925)

5 years ago

Check the latest.

5 years ago

Everything seems to be ok now, no errors on the console either :)

5 years ago

Yeah I saw that, not the same issue though I think, as 7.20.3 was (and still is) working absolutely fine with Vivaldi 😏

5 years ago

Not even the ESGST button at the header appears?

5 years ago

Nope

5 years ago

If you get the same error in the console that DarklurkerSoul got, it will be fixed soon.

5 years ago

Just tried it in Opera (my old browser) and got the same problem console had this:

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: value.match is not a function
    at ESGST.filters_convert (esgst.js:16457)
    at ESGST.init (esgst.js:3717)

Is that the same? Kinda looks similar

5 years ago

It's not the same, that one is another one that I'm waiting Pilda to debug on GitHub.

5 years ago

Check the latest.

5 years ago

Working fine now, thanks for the quick update 😀

5 years ago

TypeError: heading is undefined esgst.js:31317:21 when syncing. The ESGST popup gets stuck on "Syncing your Steam Groups...".
TypeError: esgst.mainButton is null esgst.js:19404:13 this error shows up on all pages.
TypeError: element.querySelector(...) is null esgst.js:31662:25

I have endless scrolling and reverse scrolling enabled. When I open a discussion, the comments load like they should.
If I scroll down to the comments and reload the page from there, the comments do not load at all. After I scroll to the top of the page, the comments show up again.

The reply button for comments is also gone. I have to click on a page nr (.../search?page=71) to make the button show up again. When I scroll down so another page loads, the reply buttons are gone again.

The giveaway extractor shows a red Enter button for giveaways. It says "Sign in to Enter Giveaway" when I hover over it.
Clicking Enter starts infinitely loading. SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected end of data at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data esgst.js:12325:28 shows up in console.

I hope those explanations made any sense. I'm using the extension on Firefox 60

5 years ago*

This started with the recent update or are you just making a regular bug report?

5 years ago

A regular bug report. I don't know when they all started, but it was before the updates from the last couple of days.

5 years ago

Sorry, I forgot to do a follow-up on this. How much of these errors are you still having? Do you use Firefox containers? Most of your issues look like issues that would happen if the script doesn't detect you as logged in, which can happen if you use a tool that manipulates the browser's cookies.

5 years ago

All of them were still happening a week ago, along with even more errors.
I switched back to the script version. The script seems to work fine with the same settings. I am using Multi-Account Containers and Temporary Containers, but I have the setting in ESGST for containers enabled.
Syncing keeps telling me to log in to Steam, even when I'm logged in to both the Store and Community.

5 years ago*

Hmm, I don't know if the script is prepared to deal with Temporary Containers, I'm not even aware of them. It's definitely a container issue then.

5 years ago

Hi, can you provide more information about this? Do you use SteamGifts and Steam in a single container or on separate containers?

5 years ago

SteamGifts and Steam are in the same container.

The message about logging in through the Steam store appears, but new games are still added to my owned list. When syncing is finished, 'Synced!' appears.
There are no errors in console.

5 years ago

After the last update ESGST's features for user profile page don't work. There's no note button, no button for their ST profile, can't check their username history and I feel like there's something else missing but can't figure out what.

I'm using Firefox and ESGST extension.

This is console log from when I was on your profile page:

Using //@ to indicate sourceMappingURL pragmas is deprecated. Use //# instead jquery.min.js:1
unreachable code after return statement db.js:1:18887
Unchecked lastError value: Error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist. background.js:62
Content Security Policy: Duplicate object-src directives detected. All but the first instance will be ignored. (unknown)
Content Security Policy: Couldn’t process unknown directive ‘report-to’ (unknown)
XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Line Number 1, Column 1: stats:1:1
Error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist. RequestGuard.js:280:7
Error: WebExtension context not found! ExtensionParent.jsm:861:13
Use of Mutation Events is deprecated. Use MutationObserver instead. eval:2:478
TypeError: this.filters_changeRules(...) is null esgst.js:16255:43
Using //@ to indicate sourceMappingURL pragmas is deprecated. Use //# instead jquery.min.js:1
unreachable code after return statement db.js:1:18887
Unchecked lastError value: Error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist. background.js:62

5 years ago

I just fixed it right now in v7.20.5.

5 years ago

Hey all, I was using reversed comments, meaning after entering a topic thread in the forums, the first thing I saw whas the last/most recent comment. I had this shortcut on my desktop https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/hK2kQ/#esgst_reverse

It shows nada now, and I don't know how to fix it nor break anything else :P
Thanks!

5 years ago

It's working fine for me. Check if you're on the latest version.

5 years ago

Well, weird, yesterday it didn't work at all, tried all day at different hours and it failed to display anything (aka empty thread :P). Must have been an error between multiple update fixes because it's working now. Thanks R, you fixed it! :D

yeah I'm probably using the last version since it updates itself whenever I fire up Mozilla and load SG..

5 years ago

Endless scrolling seems to not be working well with the latest version. I re-checked the settings and everything is set up properly for it.

5 years ago

Please define "working well".

5 years ago

Sorry it seems the way it works has changed a bit which I didn't realize when I wrote the message. It does work but seems like i have to manually click a button. Sorry about the confusion, I don't think there's any issue. :)

5 years ago

You don't have to manually click anything, check if you're on the latest version.

5 years ago

Ah right. The manual clicking seems to not be needed now. Thanks!

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

That was removed temporarily because it doesn't work quite well with the advanced filters. I'll bring it back as soon as I figure out how to make it work.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Hi, dont know if you noticed that in the filters "Minutes To End" and "Chance Per Point ", where you write the value. They are not next to each other. Thought it was something with SquishedPotatoe dark script because with that it was really messed up. But disabled it and still a problem.

I tried the dark script with 100% width and then everything looked fine. I like that the dark scripts is implemented in ESGST btw :)

5 years ago

What do you mean next to each other?

5 years ago

Looked diffrent when I checked now.

View attached image.
5 years ago

Oh, ok, I don't get that here, probably because my screen might be bigger than yours. I'll see if I can reduce the size of the boxes a bit.

5 years ago

Wait, I do get it here as well. I had Narrow Sidebar enabled.

5 years ago

I had fixed sidebar. I enable narrow and it looked normal.

5 years ago

It looks like the endless scrolling option is for both the main GA page and discussions (like this thread). Is there a way I can have endless turned on for the home page and off for discussions? It seems I have to have it on for both or off for both. With the old version, I was able to have it on for one and off for the other, or maybe there is a setting that I am missing?

5 years ago*

Is there no fix for this? I want endless scrolling for the GAs on the main page, but not in discussion threads. This used to be how I had it set up, but it does not work now. I can either enable it on both, or disable it on both, but not have one on and the other off.

Is this what everyone else is seeing, or is this a problem specific to my system?

5 years ago

Is it not an exclude on endless scrolling?

5 years ago

Yes, I've added "^/discussion/.*" to option 1-8 "Exclude" section and that does seem to prevent endless scrolling within a discussion thread, but this was not necessary with prior versions. Is this the "correct" way to do this now?

What if I want the default to be "off" but still want the ability to enable it with the pause/resume buttons? This option seems to remove the button bar all together...

5 years ago

What do you have in the includes? This was always the correct way to exclude the feature from specific pages, but perhaps it wasn't working properly before.

There is no way to do that at the moment, the includes/excludes are not configurable, you either include the entire feature or you exclude the entire feature.

5 years ago

I have the default ".*" in the includes.

I'm fine with the way it is, I rarely ever wanted to temporarily turn on endless scrolling in threads. But prior to the update that changed the way filters are done, I never used the exclude fields (I didn't even know they existed) and I had endless scrolling working on the main page and no endless scrolling on threads. The button just defaulted to "paused" on the threads, while when I went to the home page it was in the "play" state. If this was a bug, it was a nice one :-)

5 years ago

It's now possible to pause it in certain pages.

5 years ago

Is there anything you could do to improve hitting the rate limit on Steam's CDN?
I frequently get
Access Denied You don't have permission to access "http://store.steampowered.com/" on this server.
Errors when ESGST is pulling too many tags, etc from steam at once.
Maybe a local cache or some limits?

5 years ago

There already is a local cache. I implemented limits a while ago and then people complained it was too slow, maybe I could add it as an option. Without a server unfortunately there isn't much I can do, and I can't afford a server at the moment.

5 years ago

It's just me or the script doesn't show anymore on the page?
Edit: nvm , now it's showing.

5 years ago*

script only does not work with me ?

5 years ago

Sorry, forgot to follow up. Still an issue?

5 years ago

thank you, all problems solved )

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.