Enhanced SteamGifts & SteamTrades (ESGST)

An extension / userscript that adds some cool features to SteamGifts and SteamTrades.

If you find any bugs or have any feature requests, please file an issue here.

Compatibility

Tested and confirmed as working:

• Chrome (since v55)
  • Firefox (since v52)
  • Pale Moon

Not tested but should be working:

• Any Chromium-based browser (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...)

Not supported:

• Edge
  • Safari

Installation

There are two different ways to use ESGST: extension or userscript. You can choose which one you want to use, but the extension is a lot faster and has a better peformance than the userscript, so I recommend it, although there is no major difference between them, except for a few options that are only available in the extension because of limitations in the userscript.

Option 1 - Extension

It should be possible to install the extension in any Chromium-based browser from the Chrome store (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...), any Firefox-based browser from the Firefox store (such as Waterfox, etc...), and any browser that uses the Phoebus system from the Pale Moon store (such as Basilik, etc...).

You can also use the extension on Android through Firefox for Android, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Option 2 - Userscript

To install the userscript, you must install Violentmonkey, Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey or some other userscript manager first. Then click here and you should be prompted to install it. I recommend Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey, because the userscript uses the GM_addValueChangeListener API to communicate changes in the storage between tabs, and that API is not available on Greasemonkey, so a polyfill is used for Greasemonkey, which is not very effective and can affect the performance.

You can also use the userscript on Android through Firefox with Violentmonkey or USI, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Beta Versions

The latest beta version for both the extension and the userscript is always available in the latest pre-release in the releases page.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I've got highlighted green area, with a lighter green part showing as well...
But i don't have any active GAs..
Userscript on Firefox

View attached image.
5 years ago

Sync your giveaways, the feature does not remove ended giveaways from the list until you sync it.

5 years ago

Ahh got it.. :)

5 years ago*

Since I updated from the previous version. I am on 7.20.5 now my steamgifts pages don't work as they should. I had to reconfigure the settings of the script but I thought I had done it right. However now on steamgifts it is showing giveaways of games I already have. I also would like to filter by games with achievements only if possible. I have set the filters to default but it still shows games I already have. Could somebody help please. Many Thanks.

5 years ago

Just set "Owned" to "Hide All" and "Achievements" to "Show Only" in the filters. Then save.

5 years ago

It's still showing games I own unfortunately. Are the settings in the image okay please?

View attached image.
5 years ago

You don't need to set every filter to "Hide All". Just setting the Owned and Achievements filters should do it. Do the games that you own have the "Owned" tag? Have you tried syncing your owned games through the settings menu?

5 years ago

I still can't quite get it right after fiddling around with it. I still can't get it to show just games with achievements but at least now it's not showing games I own. I'm happy with that. Thanks for your help.

5 years ago

There was a bug with the achievement filter. Try again in the latest version. Your configuration should look like this:

View attached image.
5 years ago

Thanks very much for sorting out the bug. It's working perfectly now :)

5 years ago

Having the same problem on Chrome and Firefox. Changes to giveaway filters are not saving to presets. Occurs even after total settings wipe.

5 years ago

What same problem? Did you click on "Save"?

5 years ago

Same problem on different browsers with separate profiles on different machines, I meant. And yes I saved presets after editing. Changing preset name works and carries over, but changing filter settings themselves don't get committed to file.

5 years ago

Check v7.21.1.

5 years ago

Seems to have done the trick. Thanks.

5 years ago

I had to reinstall Windows 10 last night, but I was able to backup ESGST data first. The source version was the userscript, and was current at the time. Now, I am trying to restore the data to a new installation (this time I'm using the Chrome extension), and it gives me an error: Cannot parse file!

The file has all the data saved. I'll play around and see if I can restore a portion of it, but it sounds like that might not work. Please let me know if there's a fix.

5 years ago

Did you backup the file as a .zip? I don't think the script currently imports .zip files from the computer.

5 years ago

Yes, I did. Thanks, unzipping it and using the json file did the trick. I really should have thought of that, but at least I had plenty more to restore last night, so it's not like I was sitting around with nothing to do.

5 years ago

Bug: 7.21.0 (Dev.12) Sync Giveaways.

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: this.ugd_get is not a function
    at ESGST.sync (esgst.js:31812)
5 years ago

I may have found a bug. Saving filter presets doesn't seem to work if you only have the basic filters enabled on the giveaways. I had to enabled the advanced filters to make my presets save instead of resetting every time I reloaded the page.

5 years ago

Someone else already reported something similar, I'm looking into it.

5 years ago

Should be fixed in v7.21.1.

5 years ago

You really should have a patreon

5 years ago

I used to have for a little while, but a monthly subscription felt out of place for me (plus only 1 person subscribed until I closed it), so I had Pledgie and got quite a few donations there, but then it closed and I just added my Paypal email there because I didn't find any other service like Pledgie.

5 years ago

Bug: 7.21.0 (Dev.13) Giveaway decrypter, user profile popout

No error in console
Refreshing page nav button always indicates green, clicking it never shows any giveaways, navigating to another page the nav button is absent.

Edit: error when hovering over user avatar.

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property 'ugdCache' of undefined
    at ESGST.ugd_addStats (esgst.js:25812)
    at esgst.profileFeatures.forEach.feature (esgst.js:29940)
    at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
    at ESGST.profile_load (esgst.js:29940)
    at ESGST.profile (esgst.js:29854)
    at ESGST.loadFeatures (esgst.js:7890)
5 years ago*

In the GA extractor, if there are SGTools GAs found, it lists them with a green "SGTools" button. If you press that button it causes the SGTools page to replace the existing window/GA extractor list. I am wondering if it could instead open the SGTools page for that GA in another tab? Or perhaps make an option for that if others like the way it is.

I know that I can ctrl-click (or middle mouse button click) on the button to open in a new tab (in the background), but it doesn't seem intuitive to ctrl-click some buttons while having to regular-click the normal green "Enter" buttons. Having the tab open in the background would be best if it is possible.

The "Automatically open any SGTools links found in new tabs." is interesting, but I want more control over which SGTools GAs open in new tabs. I may not want to even look at some of them (and my filters may have already excluded some).

Thanks for your consideration.

5 years ago

this

5 years ago

Can a filter option for "Exists in account" be added?

I own this game + OST and ESGST does not see it as "owned" so that filter does not work. I am unable to "hide" this one because SG says I own it and does not present the option to hide it.

Or perhaps there is a way to make ESGST see this as "owned" so that the normal "owned" filter works with it (maybe add the "owned" tag to any game that SG says "exists in account", or perhaps there is another way to do this, like a list of "bundles" indicating what games are in the bundle)

5 years ago

Odd, ESGST should detect more games than SG if you sync your owned games while logged in to Steam in the browser.

5 years ago

Interesting. I was all synced up, but I did it again just to be sure and now it does not show that game in the GA extractor, not sure why but I guess there was some sort of de-sync for some reason.

EDIT: It also already had the "Hidden" tag attached to this collection, but somehow it did not show up on it until I ran that second sync. Maybe caused by temporary connectivity issues?

5 years ago

Bug: 7.21.0 playtime/achievement stats

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Assignment to constant variable.
    at ESGST.ugd_requestGiveawaysDone_2 (esgst.js:27056)
5 years ago

Should be gone, gone, gone. It's funny, I don't get these errors here.

5 years ago

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ i don't recall changing anything, it is just current chrome nothing leading edge.

5 years ago

But you're on the script, right? I think Tampermonkey is a bit more strict when it comes to errors.

5 years ago

Extension

5 years ago

Well, then it's...

View attached image.
5 years ago

This makes me feel a bit stupid. I had all entered giveaways "filtered" (not shown) in the main, wishtlist, groups and recomemded page, but since the last patch I cannot get that again. I've been trying with the "not" "and" "or" options and the closer I got was to hide every single GA of steamgifts :/
How can I make it as I had it previously? I?m using firefox extension, in case that info is useful

5 years ago

Why not just use the basic filters?

Basic: set Entered to Hide All.
Advanced: set Entered to false.

5 years ago

I don't know why but the basic filters where not showing. Maybe they turned off with the update, I just changed a few things and to be honest I can't remember wether that specific one was among them. Anyway it just works perfect now so thanks.

5 years ago

This is a pain in the butt. Endless scrolling doesn't seem to be working on giveaways anymore.

5 years ago

Check the console log for errors and the includes/excludes of that feature. On what specific pages does it not work?

5 years ago

The filters for my Wishlist section and the All Browse games section. It only goes up to 50 games each page.

5 years ago

It doesn't work for me either. At least on giveaways and discussions. In console log there's an error
ReferenceError: IntersectionObserver is not defined[Learn More] esgst.js:13184:9

5 years ago

Probably an incompatibility with your browser. ESGST only 100% works with the most recent version of every browser. IntersectionObserver is only available since Chrome 51, Edge 15, Firefox 55 and Opera 38.

5 years ago

I use Firefox ESR.

5 years ago

Try the latest, it should be compatible with versions prior to 55, although the performance might not be as good.

5 years ago

Which option allows me to click to hide discussions?

5 years ago

Discussion Filters > Single Filters

5 years ago

I also use Firefox ESR 52.8.1.

5 years ago

Looks like the only option I have is to go back to the older version of ESGST and disable autoupdates. That's sad.
For those who is also on Firefox ESR - old versions are here
The working one is 7.20.5

5 years ago

thanks

5 years ago

Will see what I can do.

5 years ago

I recommend trying Waterfox v56 which retains most addons working and is faster on top.

5 years ago

Try the latest, it should be compatible with versions prior to 55, although the performance might not be as good.

5 years ago

Thanks. It's working again.

5 years ago

noooooooooooo, now I'm dead too T_T

5 years ago

Oh well. I'll see if there's an IntersectionObserver polyfill.

5 years ago

Currently trying to migrate to Waterfox v56 which retains most addons and is faster on top. Works there, but pleeeease don't use features above ver 56, I can't go beyond that ^^

Add SteamGifts' CSS file to the repository to prevent ESGST pages from being messed up if cg updates the CSS

Can that be made an option? It screws with my css :-/

5 years ago

I'd really rather not. Making that an option would mean the same amount of work for me. Every time cg updates SG it would stop working for you until I updated it on the script.

Can you try injecting your CSS after ESGST?

5 years ago

Isn't adapting to it needed eventually either-way? Or will you stay on old version forever.

Can you try injecting your CSS after ESGST?

There is no way to control that.

5 years ago

Keyword being eventually. Having it the way it was I would need to adapt it every single time. The way it is right now I can adapt it only every once in a while (it's not like the styling used by ESGST-generated pages changes a lot).

What about using the custom theme option from ESGST?

5 years ago

Too inflexible. Using a combination of 4 and stylish allows for quick switch/on-off. Plus proper editor.

"${_USER_INFO.extension ? browser.runtime.getURL(css/steamgifts-v33.min.css) : (await gm.getResourceUrl(sg))}"

Why the different addresses? External one like for the script version I could at-least block.

5 years ago

Because the extension has the file internally. What if you move the link element using the inspect element to before the one from Stylish? If that works I could inject it at the beginning of the header so that styles added at the end overwrite it.

5 years ago

Unless I'm looking wrong I can't find the one from Stylish. Moving the link element has only partial effect.

5 years ago*

An option would allow me to keep my css working and in case something would break I could still then turn it back on and wait for or possibly even contribute to fix the issue. That certainly would be better than having a screwed css permanently like right now.

5 years ago

I don't understand how it's affecting your CSS at all, though. The old way still had to load the CSS, and I really doubt the loading process from within the extension is slower. Did you block the CSS in the past?

5 years ago

5 years ago

Whoop, the options on the filters are missing now, which also results in filters not working anymore.

View attached image.
5 years ago*

Check your settings.

5 years ago

Got it, it's working now. Thank you.

5 years ago

Is there a way to have a GA show if it's in your wishlist or not?
I have this enabled, but i can't see anything showing up....

View attached image.
5 years ago

Sync your wishlisted games through the settings menu.

5 years ago

yep already doing that.. no difference

View attached image.
5 years ago

Check the includes/excludes of the feature. Where did you test the feature?

5 years ago

i'm not seeing anything about include/exclude anywhere in ESGST?
the way i'm thinking it should work.. i go into a GA and i would expect to see a button or something there telling me the game is on my wishlist?
or am have i got the wrong idea about this?
Even on the main page for listing GAs there's nothing there to say it's on my wishlist either..

5 years ago*

It's the little gear icon next to the feature name in the settings menu.

Not really a button, but next to the title of the game it should show the "Wishlist" tag.

5 years ago

this is what mine has.. which should show it everywhere possible..
But it's not showing anywhere at all...
http://puu.sh/ALyDV/7489cebd28.png
Steam wishlist GA = http://puu.sh/ALyGz/8298910731.jpg

5 years ago

Oh, I forgot to ask you. When you synced your games, were you logged in on Steam in the browser? Because if you weren't ESGST didn't pick up your wishlisted games. If you were, check the includes/excludes of Game Categories.

5 years ago

AHA!
Turned on categories and synced.. and now it shows up :) yes i was already logged into steam on browser as well :)
Thanks!

5 years ago

Where is the option that shows all giveaway's groups?

5 years ago

You mean Giveaway Group Loader?

5 years ago

I don't have to enter to giveaway to check groups. They were listed on the giveaways list.

5 years ago

Yes, that's Giveaway Group Loader.

5 years ago

How to turn on giveaway group loader in entered giveaways page? Earlier it was work here but now it doesn't. Earlier in entered giveaways i had buttons like games steam store page and hide/unhide now it doesn't work too.

5 years ago

Enable 2.5 Created/Entered/Won Giveaway Details

5 years ago

That's right, thanks :)

5 years ago

Oh, where you reporting a bug with this? I thought you were asking for the option in the settings menu. It should be working correctly in the latest version.

5 years ago

It seems that ESGST is moving our Touhou points box when user doesn't have enough of points to enter. Would you kindly take a look? I attached two screenshots without esgst and with - we're talking about 175 value in Vampyr giveaway.

It might be hard to reproduce since the userscript works only for group members, but we use two classes for showing the box:

touhou_giveaway_points giveaway__column--region-restricted # not affected, normal box
touhou_giveaway_points giveaway__column--contributor-level--negative # only this one is affected, not enough points box

Source of our userscript is available here if you'd like to take a look.

I'm not expert in js, but it looks like ESGST is picking up some expected SG div class and moving it unconditionally. We use those boxes so we won't need to write code on our own, as SG does that perfectly. I tested what I could to the best of my knowledge, and the bug happens only with enabled esgst - I couldn't find out which feature exactly triggers it though, too many options.

Thank you in advance!

View attached image.
View attached image.
5 years ago*

Sure, I'll look into it. ESGST has a feature that allows users to move those boxes around, and to do so it makes every single box in the giveaway columns draggable, so that's most likely what's affecting it.

5 years ago

In this case you might be interested into making appended Touhou bax draggable too, if it's possible that is (like I said, I'm not js expert, you know better).

In any case you should be able to mimic what we're getting quite easily with the source (check for updateGiveaways() function). Thanks a lot for looking into that.

5 years ago*

Should be fixed (the Touhou box is now draggable as well).

Also, just on a side note, the script worked perfectly fine for me, so not sure about it working only for group members. Although I used to be a member.

5 years ago

Thanks a lot! <3

5 years ago

Does the User Giveaway Data analyzer used on oneself (for sent) actually check all winners of all GAs? Appears to as it goes through each single one. For upto 3 copies a detailed check isn't needed though, it could fetch all data just from the listings.

5 years ago

Yes, it checks all winners. Not sure if I made it only check more than 3 copies, I'll have to check that out later. But sounds like something I should add.

5 years ago

Should work well in the latest version.

5 years ago

5.8 Shared Group Checker always says "No shared groups found."
Although there are shared groups.

Have also deleted the group data in ESGST and new sync. Still the same message.

5 years ago

Probably related to an issue someone reported on GitHub. Haven't had the time to check it yet.

5 years ago

Should be fixed.

5 years ago

was the SGTools filter dropped?

5 years ago

Nope.

5 years ago

Can you not see it? Check your settings.

5 years ago

does work, thanks

5 years ago

Upgrade/Downgrade
To upgrade from the script to the extension or downgrade from the extension to the script, all you have to do is export all your data from the one you're uninstalling, install the other one and import all the data you had exported.

Can someone explain step by step how to switch to script version? the export/import part. And why is it a downgrade? the functionality is the same? I'm tired of this Disable Popup to be honest. That thing needs to go.

5 years ago

I can explain later when I get home. It's a downgrade because the extension is a lot faster and has some extra functionality.

5 years ago

1. Backup your data from the extension here: https://www.steamgifts.com/esgst/backup (select all and backup to your computer or someplace else as you wish)
  2. Remove the extension
  3. Install the userscript
  4. Restore the data you backed up to the userscript here: https://www.steamgifts.com/esgst/restore (select all and choose the file you had backup earlier)
5 years ago

Thank you. Just to clarify - how long should it take to process step 4? Seems like I'm stuck on it, but I haven't tried all the backup options yet.

EDIT: Everything is OK now. Had trouble restoring from Dropbox, probably bc it was a zip file. Restored from Computer by pointing directly to json file. All settings were restored except for theme, had to update that one although it was checked in the settings.

5 years ago*

What happened when you tried to restore from Dropbox? It kept endlessly loading or did it show "Cannot parse file!"? Try checking the console log for errors (Ctrl + Shift + J).

5 years ago

It stuck on loading phase. Here are the errors, i'm far from understanding it. But as I said, it worked well when I backed settings from Computer.

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property 'firstElementChild' of null
at ESGST.addHeaderMenu (userscript.html?id=e7bea6a1-c350-45b1-b593-f857ab67e8ed:5331)
at ESGST.load (userscript.html?id=e7bea6a1-c350-45b1-b593-f857ab67e8ed:10311)
restore:1 Refused to apply style from 'https://www.steamgifts.com/esgst/null' because its MIME type ('text/html') is not a supported stylesheet MIME type, and strict MIME checking is enabled.
userscript.html?id=e7bea6a1-c350-45b1-b593-f857ab67e8ed:5232 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot set property responseText of [object Object] which has only a getter
at Function.onload (userscript.html?id=e7bea6a1-c350-45b1-b593-f857ab67e8ed:5232)
6Mixed Content: The page at '<URL>' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure font ''. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.
restore:1 Mixed Content: The page at 'https://www.steamgifts.com/esgst/restore' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure font ''. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.
restore:1 Mixed Content: The page at 'https://www.steamgifts.com/esgst/restore' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure font ''. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.
restore:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
restore:1 Refused to apply style from 'https://www.steamgifts.com/esgst/null' because its MIME type ('text/html') is not a supported stylesheet MIME type, and strict MIME checking is enabled.

5 years ago

What is the purpose of EGST.user.js file that downloaded into my computer?

5 years ago

What did you do for it to download that file?

5 years ago

Pop up message that a new update was ready and activated said update. Afterwords, the file I mentioned automatically downloaded.

5 years ago

Sometimes Tampermonkey may not catch the file and it slips through the browser instead. Just delete it. Are you on v7.22.0?

5 years ago

Yup.

5 years ago

Ok, then just delete that file.

5 years ago

Stuck at "Entering". (via the giveaway on-hover button)
https://i.imgur.com/ymmkWQa.png

5 years ago

Please check the console log for errors (Ctrl + Shift + J).

5 years ago

TypeError: esgst.mainButton is null esgst.js:20384:13
SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected end of data at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data esgst.js:13074:28

5 years ago

At what page did this happen? Did you access the giveaway to see if you can enter it? Also, please post your browser and the version of your browser.

5 years ago

• Recommended and wishlist pages. (tried refreshing)

• If I access the giveaway I can enter it normally.

• Firefox Nightly 63.0a1 (2018-06-25) (32-bit) (my current version) (didn't work on last two versions I had either)

• Just now tried on chrome, working fine.

Also, separate issue: in the userscript version, just about every other update seems to completely break it.
Meaning none of the features work. Even the button in the header isn't there. (tampermonkey says it's active)
That's why I changed to the addon version yesterday.
And yes, I do have the userscript version disabled now.

Also, having switched to the addon version it seems to show giveaways with a higher level than I am. When I had the the userscript version this wasn't the case. Is there an option to hide those?

5 years ago

Could be related to that version, since it's a nightly one. Do you use something like Firefox containers?

When that happens in the userscript version check the console log for errors.

Are your SG settings configured to hide them?

5 years ago

Finally got around to trying out the userscript again.
Seems to be working now so I'm just going to use that.
The addon version still has the problem I described.

5 years ago

Welp, now it's not working again.
(Nothing in console)

5 years ago

Are you still having this issue? If so, do you use Firefox containers?

5 years ago

No still not working. (Addon and the "stuck at entering" problem)

Also:

• Hide button doesn't seem to work. (It hides the giveaway, but after I refresh the page it re-appears)
  • Sometimes the hide button is missing. i.e. Two giveaways right next to each other where the other has the hide button and the other doesn't. Though I think that might have to do with the hiding not working properly. I'm assuming the button is missing because it is marked as already hidden (though it's not).

Userscript version is working properly right now. Though it was broken at times between when I last said it was working and now.
This is all on Firefox Nightly 63.0a1 (2018-07-28) (32-bit).
Not using Containers. (Unless it has been automatically installed and it's hidden somewhere)

5 years ago

So I'm using Waterfox 56.2.1 with Greasemonkey and 7.22 hasn't worked since the update went live and I can't rollback to the previous script because boostrap-select-1.12.4.min.js isn't where it should be to be downloaded. I don't have a current backup and I can't seem to find the file or files where the settings would be stored so I can try and import them. This has happened in the past but usually went away a few hours later when a .1 would get pushed out. I'm kinda stuck at the moment. Am I the only one having this problem with the script version?

5 years ago

Yep I've had the same problem many times in the past with multiple versions of the script on Firefox Nightly.
I was instructed to look at the console. I haven't done that yet, but I'll get to it at some point.
So yeah, do that.

5 years ago

As 1N07 mentioned, check the console log for errors (Ctrl + Shift + J).

Can you edit out the line that requires boostrap-select-1.12.4.min.js? Or change it to this: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/revilheart/ESGST/7.21.1/Extension/js/bootstrap-select-1.12.4.min.js

If you need more stuff from the previous version: https://github.com/revilheart/ESGST/tree/7.21.1

5 years ago

Ok I tried removing the line and replacing it after downloading the the script. A dialog pops up saying it's corrupt.

The original problem when trying to install the old version is that it says bootstrap-select-1.12.4.min.js isn't found in the the raw master directory but that's where all the previous versions are pointing to. I realize it's not used in the current one anymore, but maybe just dropping that file back into the master directory will allow the old version to install again?

EDIT Also, the console is showing nothing, so maybe it's not loading at all.... a thought occurred to me, since I'm using Waterfox to avoid the changes they made to Firefox, and I'm using an old version of Greasemonkey. Did you make a change that would break it on Greasemonkey 3.17? Since the 4.0 versions are still a bit buggy and will probably stay that way until Waterfox 57 is ready.

5 years ago*

I've added the files back temporarily.

Try opening the console before navigating to the SG page, maybe that shows the errors.

Did you make a change that would break it on Greasemonkey 3.17?

I have no idea. The userscript hasn't been my priority ever since the extension was released, so I don't test new releases at all in the userscript anymore. If nobody's complained about it yet, I'd assume it should be working, although I don't know if many people are still on that old version.

It could also be the browser.

5 years ago

Well thank you for restoring the file. It installed without issue.....and it's still not loading. It's possible the upgrade nuked something. I'll have to throw out the script and try and ditch the storage folder. I would have switched to the extension sooner, just never saw a need, It'll be a pain to set all those settings back the way I had them. I tried multiple old version that install but no longer show up....so maybe cg did something on the backend, which would explain why the script does nothing because it doesn't detect what it needs to hook in anymore?

I'll just use the extension and start over. I really appreciate the help.

5 years ago*

If you haven't deleted your storage yet, there's a way you can restore your data into the extension.

maybe cg did something on the backend, which would explain why the script does nothing because it doesn't detect what it needs to hook in anymore?

No idea. Did you try a different browser? Perhaps it's the browser, maybe it went through an update recently?

5 years ago

Well after some tinkering I've got the extension set back up to where I was with the script and made some backups. Thanks for all the help. It's just the oddest thing where this would happen and then a day or two later you'd do a .1 update and it would come back. I'd just use the earlier version until the update came out. For some reason no version is working now as far as GM 3.17 is concerned.

5 years ago

I would recommend Tampermonkey instead.
I'm not sure if older GM has compatibility issues, but at least GM v4 and up it no longer supports some things that it used to and that tampermonkey still does. Main issue being that GM_ functions are now asynchronous. Well not an issue as such, but it means scripts need to be written with that in mind.
Assuming ESGST even uses those.

Unless it's written it to support both of course.
There is a library that makes that easier, I've used it to support GM4 for some of my scripts.

5 years ago

ESGST has already moved to asynchronous functions, so it's fully compatible with v4 and up. It's GM v3 and less that could be a problem, as far as I know.

5 years ago

5 years ago

Perhaps it was wrongly added by the staff for a short period? It's very unlikely that the system would get wrong data, as it always retrieves that data directly from the bundle page.

5 years ago

removals happen (even if rare), should be considered

5 years ago

I'm modifying the script right now to check for that.

5 years ago

Latest version now takes care of removals.

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.