(25.11-15.12) Join the dungeon-crawling Giveaway Adventure in Steam Dungeons! [70+ GAs]

Hello Steamgifters! It is that time again - adventure time! Join an exciting adventure with a large amount of treasures!

All of us like playing games, and all of us like winning games. So, how about playing a game and winning games while playing?

• Introduction

Game of sWords is a text RPG Adventure where you can explore dungeons, upgrade your hero, find useful items, weapons and artifacts, avoid deadly traps, fight dangerous monsters and interact with other players while searching for treasures (private SteamGifts giveaways links) on your way and trying to complete a quest to get access to a huge amount of private giveaways! Each quest has a limited number of winners split between 3 available classes - Barbarian, Wizard and Thief, so the chances in each giveaway will always be great.

All giveaways have no restrictions, so anyone who finds them can join them!

A lot of giveaways have been contributed by the community members, and I would like to say a big Thank You to everyone who made a contribution! :)

Here is the topic of the previous quest.

Here is the topic of Game of sWords v3.

Here is the topic of the second Game of sWords.

And here is the topic of the first one, which started back in November last year.

• Important notes about the Game

Your hero has Energy Points and Health Points.
Most of the actions require Energy Points. Energy can be replenished using items which you can find everywhere, thus it is important to check everything around you!

Energy also replenishes over time and that time can be reduced with special artifacts that can be found during the adventure.
Note, that the Energy won't be replenishing during the battles (you can only restore it with potions)!

If you lose all your Health Points, you will also lose all the Energy you had plus you will have to wait for a few hours to be resurrected. Energy can not be replenished while you are dead!

Note: If you have problems navigating through the map, you can switch to Simplified Navigation at the bottom right corner.

I highly recommend to visit sWords Library that has a lot of other useful information that will help you in the adventure

• What's new in Game of sWords?

Lots of changes have been made since the previous quest to make the game more enjoyable! You can see the list of main changes here.

• Commands you can use in chat:

You can trade with other adventurers through the Chat using following command: /trade *amount* *item(s) you have* for *amount* *item(s) you want*

E.g.
/trade 5 small healing potions for 3 small energy potions
/trade 5 acceleration scrolls for 100 coins

You can drop items/scrolls/coins/arrows using following command: /drop *amount* *item(s) you have*

You can give items/scrolls/coins/arrows to other adventurer using following command: /give *id* *amount* *item(s) you have*

Note: The Game engine is not properly supported by Internet Explorer (you will encounter all kinds of nasty bugs there) and it is recommended to use one of the following browsers: Chrome (perfect), Opera (perfect) or Firefox (great, but the game works a tiny bit slower and sounds sometimes mess up a little).

Current Winners limits: Barbarians:25, Mages:25, Thieves:25.

Winners get access to all giveaways available in the Game! (70+)

Everyone who finishes the Game after the limit is reached (while it is still runnning) gets 1 random treasure as a consolation prize!

All giveaways end in about a week! The Game will last for a week.

• Time to start the Adventure!

EVERYONE is invited to play the Game and search for treasures in the adventure! :)

The only requirement is that your Steam account should be more than 90 days old.

Join the official group

and

Start playing now!

Leaderboard

Want to suggest an idea to help me improve the game? Post it here! People can upvote or downvote it, and it will help me see what people do and do not want to be implemented. Thank you!

View attached image.
7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

my expectation versus reality. I failed everything.

View attached image.
7 years ago

bump for finished... definitely more intricate than the first maze, thanks!

7 years ago

SErVER51, my weight is totally wrong. It says it is 66.2kg/37kg (really overweight) but i've just realized i don't have that many items/gear so i started to calculate everything and it barely reaches 32kg/37kg. Can you please check?
I've been overweight for so long and i've never took into account that it might be wrong...so many potions wasted =~~~~~~~~

7 years ago

Try refreshing the page, that helped for me.

7 years ago

It's been like 2 days at least so i have refreshed quite a few times haha

7 years ago

How much gold and arrows are you holding?

7 years ago

No arrows and 4.6k gold

7 years ago

That's 30kg right there.
15 coins adds 0.1kg.

7 years ago

Ah the wondrous ability for gold to weigh heavily on your pockets :P

But really, yep it's all that gold causing the 30kg overweight

7 years ago

Never thought gold would turn out to be a problem lol

View attached image.
7 years ago

Oh shit!! Thanks dude.

7 years ago

Hey guys! Sorry for my lack of activity recently - I'm currently being extremely busy with my new job - have to study tons of information every day, and thus most of my hobbies (and GosW is one of them) had to be put aside for now. I use a few minutes I have to look through the comments and suggestions, but don't have time to reply to everyone. For that reason I am really thankful to everyone who helps guys here and in swords forum with the questions they have!

Congratulations to all current winners and have fun to those who are still playing or are only about to start their quest - you have time until 16:00 GMT on Saturday :)

7 years ago

Participated in five quests and finally won one, horrible ratio but it's a good game, thanks for making and constantly improving this!

7 years ago

FInally! It was a great game although the last part was frustrating (mostly because it was late in the night when I was doing it, apart from that - nice concept).

Thank you Server, for making it :)

PS Any chance to maybe add an option to turn off the blinking effects? I think that's the main reason my FF is so slow. When I'm blinded or disoriented it works like a charm :D

7 years ago

At least someone finds disorientation actually useful :D

Btw, congrats on finishing!

7 years ago

Bump for finishing.
Great complex dungeon, thanks a lot for such a fun.game.

7 years ago

Bump for completing another one. Died a lot more this time, but managed to turn it around by the end, and final boss was pretty easy. Thieves still rule.

7 years ago

Congrats on you completing the Game of sWord! Have fun with all your treasurers x] Mage ftw

7 years ago

Bump for finishing :D

It was a fun game, thank you SErVER for making it.

7 years ago

Pheeew, finally !!
I was lost most of the time but: i'm out ^^

It was much better than the 1st quest i've tried (mostly because i've understand some stuff :p)

Thanks for all :)

7 years ago

I cant kill last boss and i died 45 times. RIP

7 years ago

What weapon are you using? you might already know this but dont use a magic weapon.

7 years ago

Dwarf Hammer
Elite Crossbow of Mighty Power (0)
Elven Staff

7 years ago

i cant even kill normal monsters, i have no potions at all.

7 years ago

Try finding a shop to buy potions. If you have gems sell them to the gem seller. He give a lot of money for gems. Thats what I had to end up doing. Also, if you are a mage try buy regeneration scrolls. If you are some other class, try trading your scrolls. Also, now you can sell stuff at stores you might know this selling stuff really helped me :]

7 years ago

62nd. 25/25 mage haha. sorry to the other mages still playing.
was good fun.
i await the next dungeon :P
30 deaths lmao.

7 years ago

lol where do you go with the heart the exit portal or the square around the starting spot for the dungeon ;)

7 years ago

Go to the exit portal.

7 years ago

Much thanks that will save me some time and energy:) As its quite depleted, just waiting now for it to replenish, Only 7 more steps ^ ^

7 years ago

finished 16/25 barbarian, thanks for the fun :)

7 years ago

Copy-Pasted what Lizardman said...

Tailless Lizardman: "Thanksss! I was so tired of this madnesss!
Oh, by the way, I used to hide in my secret room to escape this madnesss!
It's not far from here, yesss, just remember the word.
I kept my suppliesss there, but you can take them, I don't need to hide anymore!"

You have failed to unlock Secret Door.

7 years ago

What word is he talking about?

7 years ago

Its a secret word. ¯_(ツ)_/¯ I never found it :[

Edit: why is he missing a arm X[

7 years ago

"An" arm.

Edit: because SErVER ate it!

7 years ago*

Ohhh me and my typos ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I really like this guy xD
WHAT I EVEN FIXED THAT ARM

7 years ago*

No, he regrew his arm.

7 years ago

Not on my screen x[

7 years ago

Nom nom nom

7 years ago

You need to put 3 \ to make it appear.
¯\\\_(ツ)_/¯

7 years ago*

Not gonna tell you which word is that, but it's there. It's simple puzzle. Also this area is not really important, you can just skip it, there are just few chests with some supplies there. Nothing crucial.

7 years ago

Quest is over!

Thanks to everyone for participation and a special thanks to all the contributors!

Hope you guys had fun :)

7 years ago

Hey, as long as it's over, can you reveal solution for "Secret Door puzzle"?

7 years ago

Lizardman used the word that described his desperate state as a keyword to his hiding room :) He mentioned it twice in the dialog after completing his quest (you can see it pasted above by MOtispoo).

7 years ago

Hi there! :) Is there going to be a new Game of sWords? I really enjoyed the previous ones! Thanks for everything anyway. ^^

7 years ago

Hi Palin! I had to leave GosW aside for a while since I barely had any free time to keep working on it after I got a new job. There are tons of plans for it though - as I was quite disappointed with the feedback from the recent games, I decided that I have to rethink and reorganize many gameplay aspects so that more people could have fun playing it.
I already started implementing some of the planned changes, but the process is going slow, and I can not say yet when Game of sWords will go on :)

7 years ago

Closed 6 years ago by SErVER51.