SteamGifts Tools is a tool in a form of a website that lets you do some interesting checks to steamgifts mechanics:

Link www.sgtools.info

Themes

1. SG Dark Grey Userstyle by SquishedPotatoe thread
  2. Old (deprecated) ones:

User Scripts

1. SGTools Helper: Help you create giveaways with SGTools typical options and marks protected giveaways on steamgifts giveaway page
  2. Links to user profile: Awesome userscript made by SilentGuy that adds links to the common sgtools checks on a user profile. See his thread
  3. Links on giveaway's winners page. The script will add a sgtools.info link next to each winner's 'Request New Winner' link in your giveaway's winners list, so that you can easily check them for non-activated and multiple wins
  4. ESGST: An all-in-one script to rock your Steamgifts experience. It integrates to and gives quick access to several SGT functionality from inside steamgifts website.

Tools

1. Check real cv value (as we had in steamgifts v1) and it's level translation with a detailed log of every game contribution and how they add up to the final number.
  2. Check real cv for your won gifts, so you can compare with your send gifts.
  3. Check if a user has activated all his gifts, useful if you want to check a little bit the winners of your giveaways.
  4. Multiple Wins. Checks if a user has won and marked as received the same game more than once
  5. Last Bunled Games. List new additions to the bundle list of the last 7 days with a minimum of 50 entries, showing the game (with a link to steam), the date since the game is considered bundled and the date when it was added to the bundle list.
  6. Create, manage and enter giveaways with more advanced and complex filters than the ones in steamgifts.
  7. Deals and their bundle status

Limitations

1. Since CG don’t give us an open API, all requests have to parse your full profile to check your sent games, this will take some seconds (more if you gave away tons of games!), so please be patient.
  2. The site uses a cached bundle list, so if you find a recent bundle game that gives you a full value instead of the 15% one, just wait until the next cached bundle list is ready. Cached Bundle list auto-updates itself every 6 hours starting at 3:00AM GMT (3am, 9am, 3pm, 9pm).
  3. The tool will search steam API to get the real cost for packages that has its point value truncated to 50 in steamgifts, but if the package is no longer available the tool will use the points as CV (50$).
  4. It may sound obvious, but the tool can't check not activated gifts if the profile is private.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Hello, I wanted to ask a question, perhaps, a similar question was asked many times, but I badly speak english to find it quickly.

Three days ago, I won Evil Maze Game Gallery DLC, but the creator of GA sent the key of the original game, unfortunately, he don't want to remove GA, and later I have to mark Not Received.

Question: This mark somehow affect the account passed the requirements?

7 years ago

No. If you mark "not received" it will not affect you.

7 years ago

Thank you very much, have a nice day :)

7 years ago

No, that mark as not received won't affect you in any way.

I suggest to tell support about it thought, they can change the giveaway's associated game to the correct one.

7 years ago

Thanks for the advice.

I often seek the help of SleepyCat.

I'll ask him about it.

7 years ago

I asked him about it. Rename GA is impossible, because base game (Evil Maze) removed from the list of GA (Mass Random Giveaway)

And another question: If in the future I will win the same DLC (Evil Maze Game Gallery DLC ) - will it be considered as a multiple win?

In part, this is question for support

7 years ago

If you win the DLC again, it will be no multiple win, as your first "win" was not received.

7 years ago

Thanks!

7 years ago

Suggestion: apply the "Games that cannot be verified as 'Marked as Received' by the winner" list to multiple-win checks as well.

As the diagram below, the user has won the same game twice (one is the bulk group giveaway, while the other is some other guy's regift win) and then regifted one of the copies. I can access the group giveaway and see the person marked as received on it. This, however, is not reflected by sgtools since the bot doesn't have access to any non-public giveaways ('group and/or whitelist', 'invite-only', 'region-restricted').

An improvement could be adding the "can't verify mark as received" in the non-activation checks into multi-win checks too. Also during activation check if someone only has "Games that cannot be verified as 'Marked as Received' by the winner" listed, then there is still a banner showing they activated all the games when it's not supposed to be there.

View attached image.
7 years ago

Added to the todo list. The whole "cannot be verified as marked as received" thing it's a clear design fault from sgv2 and I thought it'd be corrected rather quickly. But I guess it'll stay like this for the time being, so it's not a bad idea to extend it to multiple-wins too.

7 years ago

6c65b88c-8296-11e6-ac1d-04019cc0dc01

1 invalid entry in The Walking Dead car

7 years ago

"walking dead car"
Reminded me for this article: Here's what's really powering Fallout 3's metro train :D

7 years ago

Infraction applied, as always thanks for the report LostSoul!

7 years ago

As always you're most welcome Knsys!

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 7 years ago.

7 years ago

DLCs Wins that appears as not activated
Steam API has problems identifying some owned DLCs, so the following ones are probably activated!

&

Games no longer in steamAPI to check
This category is similar to previous one, but the dlc (most probable case) or game (rare case) is no longer in steam API database.

Don't worry about those, as the text explains is a matter of steam api reporting it wrongly, they are not taken into account for rules.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Home -> Synchronize

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Do it on sgtools, not on steamgifts...

7 years ago

8791fbb5-9613-11e6-9621-04019cc0dc01

2 invalid entries.... something of a novelity for me, thankfully never had one those before.

7 years ago

Infraction served, thanks for the report!

7 years ago

SGTools shows Duke Nukem 3D as not activated, but I've it in my library as Duke Numkem 3D: Megaton Edition. There's something I should do or activate?

7 years ago

The giveaway was for Duke Nukem 3D, but your key is for Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition.
These are different entries in your steam library with different steam-ids. Basically your gifter has send you a different key than their giveaway promised.

Since this looks like just a simple mistake done by the gifter; the best thing would be to contact your gifter, tell them about this and tell them (your gifter) to contact support, so that a support-member can change the giveaway to the right one. (Support -> Create New Ticket -> Change Giveaway Game)

Mark the giveaway as not received until the issue is resolved.

7 years ago*

Done, but I cannot select Duke Nukem 3D from giveaway select box, so I've created a basic ticket exaplaining the issue

7 years ago

Sadly, that won't work.

Your gifter will have to create a ticket. They can also choose the right giveaway from their select box.
You should close your ticket, as support can't answer that one, anyway.

I apologize, if my previous post was confusing, writing in english is tough for me. :/

Edit: edited it a bit. hope it's clearer now :O

7 years ago*

Oh.. ok ok.. I'll contact gifter. My english is really bad, sorry =(

7 years ago

hahahaa... Ok! You edited it!! Right now I had been reading it again and I was thinking.. man.. it was totally clear!! I was beginning to think I had gone mad :-P

7 years ago

Invalid entry report: ffb6a53d-9893-11e6-9621-04019cc0dc01

Thanks!

7 years ago

Infraction applied, thanks for the report!

7 years ago

I am trying to create a GA, but when I finalize my rules the game doesn't show up on my list of managed GAs.

Also when I check my Real CV sent, it colors every entry green and counts it as a non-bundle GA.

I synched my account. That didn't fix anything.

7 years ago

SG changed things today, maybe it is related. Some of my scripts stopped working. Changelog: https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/e9zDo/change-log

7 years ago

CG changes on the site broke it, I'll fix it when I get some time today

7 years ago

Apparently there are no bundled games anymore :o

Your page returns for CV sent that every game given away is unbundled! lvl10 for almost anybody \o/

7 years ago

I wish i was actually lvl 9 like the CV checker said

7 years ago

Updated SGTools to work with the new dates on steamgifts.

7 years ago

New update are flagging valid users as invalid, when I know there not :/

Edit - Says there are zero entries and all invalid (bugged):

7166ee65-9b7c-11e6-9621-04019cc0dc01
7b4d21da-9b7c-11e6-9621-04019cc0dc01

7 years ago*

I expected that, thanks for the concrete cases where I'll be able to check :)

I was waiting for someone to report invalid entries to manually check them and compare ^^

7 years ago

It should be fixed by now :)

Thanks for the report!

7 years ago

Okay ^^ Thanks!

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

7 years ago

I'm having the same problem. Shows no valid entries since the update, dates show up as 1/1/1970 9:00:00 AM, and I got a bunch of invalid entries (which I am guessing are probably not actually):

http://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/2f6ac967-9927-11e6-9621-04019cc0dc01/

7 years ago

Huh, seems like you fixed it literally just as I posted the above?

7 years ago

It's close to being fixed, but not fully fixed :)

PS: Fixed!

7 years ago*

Thank you for the fast fix Knsys! ^^

I see on the SG discussions that script makers also have to fix their scipts after the recent SG update. :3

7 years ago

Sorry for not replying earlier, I appreciate the fast fix!

I noticed I seem to have one invalid entry, however: 2f6ac967-9927-11e6-9621-04019cc0dc01

7 years ago

That invalid entry is a real invalid entry, I just manually checked it.

If you want to report it just tell me and I'll apply the infraction.

7 years ago

I see. I'll report it, thank you!

7 years ago

7 years ago

27b9e7bf-9d53-11e6-9621-04019cc0dc01
2 invalid entries.

7 years ago

Infractions applied, thanks for the report!

7 years ago

8172d70a-8a47-11e6-9621-04019cc0dc01
90576029-8a47-11e6-9621-04019cc0dc01
5efae39d-8a47-11e6-9621-04019cc0dc01
89251dd1-8a47-11e6-9621-04019cc0dc01

Four new customers, the usual Russian forum leak.

7 years ago

Infractions applied, thanks for the report!

7 years ago

Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny (2016-11-03 05:59:00)
SGTools thinks i didn't activate it can that be fixed or something??

do you guys need anything else?

7 years ago*

You didn't activate it, well kinda.

You were given a different game from the giveaway creator, the classic edition not the revised edition the giveaway says.

7 years ago

So what should i do? or can you guys fix that to reflect the proper game?

7 years ago

contact the GA creator in the comment section of the GA and tell them its the wrong game & they should fill out a support ticket for "Change Giveaway Game" to the classic version (since it too is gift-able). there's nothing knsys can really do on sgtools end though.

7 years ago

^ He is wise, follow his advice.

I can't do anything on sgtools part, because is working as intended.

7 years ago

I've just checked my real CV and noticed a most probably rarely occuring issue at the calculation:
My last giveaway was about 10 copies of one game, but only 5 users entered it. Therefore only 5 copies were given away, but SGTools counts all 10 towards the real CV.
So the calculation for giveaways with more than one copy should imho check if the entries have a smaller amount than the copy amount and if so, only count entries amount.

7 years ago

+1

in my case it's so minuscule it won't make a difference in actual calculations (something like 0.00386 diff between 46 n' 50copies bundled game), but still i can see in a non-bundled game case (example: hb monthly) causing a significant calculation difference.

7 years ago

Yep it definitely should, and now it does :)

Thanks for the report ^^

7 years ago

You're welcome! It's a great tool and I'm glad that I could contribute a tiny thing to it.

7 years ago

Hello, you all.

I just checked a winner at SGTools, and the profile is private.

So far so good. But part of the message at SGtools reads...

"(If it's private ask a Support Member to check it for you)."

Wait, you mean, ask a Support Member at Steamgifts? By creating a New Ticket? Or asking someone at SGTools? Or did I read this wrong?

Cheers, and thanks!

7 years ago

at steamgift

7 years ago

It's referring to Steamgifts support members :)

7 years ago

One invalid entry. Thanks for your work!

12264eb4-a05b-11e6-9621-04019cc0dc01

7 years ago

7 years ago

Your account is flagged as having some unactivated Wins or your profile is Private

I'm getting this message this morning. I cheked with the rule checker of the page and I don't have any unactivated win,and my profile is public. is this happening just to me?

7 years ago

OK I syncro and its ok now, but my profile isnever private and I never had an unactivated win.. strange.

7 years ago

Steam was down when you synchronized the first time, reporting no owned games.

With a resync when steam is up, as you have seen, it solves itself.

7 years ago

is this sgtools not from steamgifts?
i thought its the same created from the same people

7 years ago

It's not related to steamgifts.

If it was from the same owner, it would be integrated on the site, not on another domain.

7 years ago

damn son
i donated there because i tought i would help steamgifts because i am here every day
damn, i donated a site i never used....

7 years ago

I can refund your donation if you want.
Currently there is no way to donate to steamgifts, it has been asked several times but CG doesn't want it.

7 years ago

nah its ok, i will try to look what sgtools is doing and than i will try to use it

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

It's not showing as not activated right now. The game is released today, so SGT expects it to be activated, but most likely steam didn't display it as activated until some hours later and that is why it was flagging it.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Infractions applied, thanks for the reports!

7 years ago

Hey, I need help with your tool.
I want to create a private giveaway with a custom filtrer:
My game is a region restricted, forbiden for germany. (it's region free but can't be activated in germany).
How I set this custom filtrer?
Thanks.

7 years ago

There is no way to do that in SGTools. Country restrictions are not checked when passing rules

7 years ago

OK thanks for your answer

7 years ago

Hello, can you add in lists won/sended info with date of ending the giveaways? It would be helpful. Thanks.

7 years ago

Yep, added to todo list :)

7 years ago

Did something change in the last day or so? I was not being flagged for unactivated wins when going through Sgtools, but today I am.

View attached image.
7 years ago

you checkout fine to me, probably just a API hiccup.

7 years ago

I know there's often trouble with dlc, just was wondering if a change happened due to it coming up now

7 years ago

what i mean was during that check that flagged you it probably was glitchy (common due to steams shotty API), because on my end you show everything activated just fine. if it's still flagging you on checks on your end, i'd probably try re-syncing sgtools and see if that helps though.

as far as updates though, knsys will probably still reply later on that, i wouldn't know there though xD

7 years ago

Thanks for weighing in, will try resyncing again

7 years ago

Alright it's fixed now, thanks d3m4n for your help

7 years ago

As d3m4n already informed you, it's a bug on steam api, where it returns an empty or sometimes partial list of owned games when steam is down or is having one of it's typical fuckups.

The solution is as simple as to resync :)

7 years ago

Hello! :3.

I was just wondering can you add some filter options for owned & wishlist games on steam and also number of entered giveaways? I would like to create some giveaways and not want games collectors (or anyone who just enter anything) to win them. Don't know if discussed before, but did a quick search, couldn't find anything.

7 years ago

It has been asked before at least once, since it's already on the todo list :)

7 years ago

Oops. Didn't see a to-do list. Still can't see though.

Btw, I just dreamed about this you're answering me you would not implement that for some reason I don't remember. Was awkward.

7 years ago

Oh the to-do list is not public, that's why you can't find it :P

I'm not that mean, but this feature will require a little more power on server's part, so I will be able to start looking at it when I get the server upgraded (most probably next month).

7 years ago

A "wishlisted before [date]" rule would be awesome! I would use it all the time :D

Thanks.

7 years ago

I just implemented it, you'll have to wait 24 hours for everybody to refresh their caches and populate their wishlists on database cache.

I'll update the main post tomorrow with the new keyword for this and number of owned games.

7 years ago

Thank you very much for this one :)

7 years ago

You're an idol now! I can't wait to try it, thanks a lot.

View attached image.
View attached image.
7 years ago

Yup, I (and presumably others) asked for the "number of games on Steam" filter. I was told it was pretty low priority.

7 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.