SteamGifts Tools is a tool in a form of a website that lets you do some interesting checks to steamgifts mechanics:

Link www.sgtools.info

Themes

1. SG Dark Grey Userstyle by SquishedPotatoe thread
  2. Old (deprecated) ones:

User Scripts

1. SGTools Helper: Help you create giveaways with SGTools typical options and marks protected giveaways on steamgifts giveaway page
  2. Links to user profile: Awesome userscript made by SilentGuy that adds links to the common sgtools checks on a user profile. See his thread
  3. Links on giveaway's winners page. The script will add a sgtools.info link next to each winner's 'Request New Winner' link in your giveaway's winners list, so that you can easily check them for non-activated and multiple wins
  4. ESGST: An all-in-one script to rock your Steamgifts experience. It integrates to and gives quick access to several SGT functionality from inside steamgifts website.

Tools

1. Check real cv value (as we had in steamgifts v1) and it's level translation with a detailed log of every game contribution and how they add up to the final number.
  2. Check real cv for your won gifts, so you can compare with your send gifts.
  3. Check if a user has activated all his gifts, useful if you want to check a little bit the winners of your giveaways.
  4. Multiple Wins. Checks if a user has won and marked as received the same game more than once
  5. Last Bunled Games. List new additions to the bundle list of the last 7 days with a minimum of 50 entries, showing the game (with a link to steam), the date since the game is considered bundled and the date when it was added to the bundle list.
  6. Create, manage and enter giveaways with more advanced and complex filters than the ones in steamgifts.
  7. Deals and their bundle status

Limitations

1. Since CG don’t give us an open API, all requests have to parse your full profile to check your sent games, this will take some seconds (more if you gave away tons of games!), so please be patient.
  2. The site uses a cached bundle list, so if you find a recent bundle game that gives you a full value instead of the 15% one, just wait until the next cached bundle list is ready. Cached Bundle list auto-updates itself every 6 hours starting at 3:00AM GMT (3am, 9am, 3pm, 9pm).
  3. The tool will search steam API to get the real cost for packages that has its point value truncated to 50 in steamgifts, but if the package is no longer available the tool will use the points as CV (50$).
  4. It may sound obvious, but the tool can't check not activated gifts if the profile is private.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

The Deer seem to be a false positive. (Removed from store?)
https://store.steampowered.com/app/400240/

3 years ago

Added the new mini-ban wave to the whitelist

3 years ago

Hello!
Yesterday I did clean up my browsers and today I can't log in at SGT site

You must have a valid Steamgifts account to login in this site.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

A short info to nonactivated and multiple win requests right now.

Looks like we're having some server issues.

Go back to the previous page and try again. If you think something is broken, report a problem.

3 years ago

SGTools hit the rate limit so not much that I can do.
Cache got nuked yesterday night so we are parsing far more pages than previously while it populates back as users do petitions that are no longer cached.

3 years ago

https://www.steamgifts.com/go/comment/PMpIns7

Is it finally affected or not? Because I'm getting error 500 all the time :(

Thanks.

3 years ago

It's getting affected now that the cache got nuked two days ago. It will be hit or miss until most users have cached results

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

3 years ago

Added to the learning list, thanks for the report!

3 years ago

Check out this.

3 years ago

It's already implemented, I got a mention at the discord telling me about that some hours ago :)

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

View attached image.
3 years ago

View attached image.
3 years ago

Error message
"500
Looks like we're having some server issues"

3 years ago

getting the same error message

3 years ago

Server Busy?
Understand the situation.

3 years ago

Hello k,
just a quick message to let you know I've tried to access SGTools as usual but when trying to log in I receive a "Not a Steamgifts user. You must have a valid Steamgifts account to login in this site." message.

3 years ago

Yeah, me to get "Not a Steamgifts user You must have a valid Steamgifts account to login in this site." message.

3 years ago

One more for the "Not a steamgifts user" list, letting you know in case it's of any help solving whatever issue is happening.

3 years ago

It's caused by SGTools reaching the Rate-limit on Steamgifts.
All was fine when the cache was filled, but the cache got nuked several days ago and now SGTools needs to parse a lot more than previously while filling the cache and that makes it hit the rate limit. Not much that I can do to solve that.

3 years ago

that?
I feel like CG was making a statement somewhere about "this limitation" regarding SGtools.
I forgot the details, but someone who remembers it may add it.

Οƒ(-Θ-` )Umm...(I can't remember where I saw it.)

Rate limiting... limits - Searching 'SGtools'
https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/yLOhv/rate-limiting-limits/search?q=SGtools
Not Found..

[Tool] SGTools (New Section, DEALS!) - Page 69 https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/b736C/tool-sgtools-new-section-deals/search?page=69#PMpIns7
It seems that I misunderstood what I said two weeks ago.πŸ˜…

In this case, I think it is better to ask CG if it is possible to exclude the communication restriction from SGtools to Steam Gifts.

3 years ago*

Wouldn't it be better instead of hitting the rate limit to slow down the requests from sgtools to sg? Of course it would take longer to check users or sync data but now it runs fast until the limit is reached and then nothing works anymore for anyone. Btw. how long are you blocked after hitting the limit and are you blocked longer if you keep trying?

3 years ago

120 requests per minute
2,400 requests per hour
14,400 requests per day

These are the limits set by cg.

The timeout is tied to whichever of those limits has been met. e.g. If you hit 120/min, then you're blocked until 1 minute has passed from the first action. If you push further, you'll eventually reach 2400 in an hour, and at that point, you'll be blocked for an hour starting from the first of the 2400 actions.

Does that help?

3 years ago

Thanks for the info Gaffi. I hope this helps knsys adjusting sgtools.

3 years ago

Not really possible with php alone, because one instance doesn't know about the others and every website petition fires it's own php instance.

For this to work it would require to centralize all queries to SG using a queue system outside of the website code. SGTools is on maintenance-only mode for the last 3 years, so I won't implement something like this just because CG doesn't want to implement an API himself.

3 years ago

I hope cg will make it possible to keep SGTools running, it really would be missed.
I was planning to give Borderlands 3 as a SGTool protected extra giveaway, for the advent calendar. Without it I'll probably pass.

3 years ago

3 years ago

Thanks for the efforts but I highly doubt that CG will actually listen to our concerns.

We've been asking for an API for years and we are still waiting :)

3 years ago

What is the estimation for SG Tools to come back online again?

Thank you.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

For it to come back as we all know it, we would need either a white-list of sgtools ip on steamgifts rate limit or an api to gather the data without parsing the website.

If the rate-limit issue is not solved in a week, I will just shutdown sgtools.

3 years ago

Do we know if cg is already aware of the issue or if he at least gets notified by someone?

3 years ago

I don't know if he is aware, as there is no way to directly talk to him. Tried to invite him to steam friends some years ago, but he never accepted.

He should get the notifications for new replies at the "rate limits... limit" thread, and there are some people that told him about it.

3 years ago

If the rate-limit issue is not solved in a week, I will just shutdown sgtools.

Those are definitely bad news :(

Thank you for the best Steamgifts companion all these years, it will be missed. I really appreciate your hard work and dedicated support.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

As you are all aware by now, SGTools has been unusable for the last several days since the rate limit hit the website hard.
This rate limit makes SGTools unable to operate normally and it's not possible to adapt it to this rate limits with the current tools that Steamgifts offers us even if I would want to, due to the nature of the site and the needs of data to work with.
This means that unless the server IP is whitelisted, an API is provided to reduce the parsing needed or any other means that allows SGTools to gather the data it needs to work with, the website will proceed to close its doors in 7 days from this notice.

So, if you want to save something from the website you have this 7-day period to do so, after that the site will be shut down and all the data wiped. Backups will be kept for some months and then deleted.

Thanks all for your love and support!

3 years ago*

Hi knsys, I added you on Steam so we can try to get this sorted. I need to get an idea of your traffic requirements and then I'll be able to come up with a solution.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 months ago.

3 years ago

I'm not sure if something like this would be possible / whether it's worth the effort for you, but would you be able to automatically whitelist games that the tool cannot verify (cannot be verified as "marked as received") if they are known false-positives? :c

Years ago I won a multi-copy game as part of a group (so the tool can't check all winners), but that game has since been banned/removed from the Steam store last week. Instead of it being categorized as a false-positive like it is for other people who won it publically, it's showing as "probably marked as not received" since it was in a group. If someone wasn't aware that it was removed by Steam, they could manually check my account and not be able to find it via my public games, despite it showing up in my own library, and then incorrectly assume that it's an unactivated win.

Was just curious. Thanks! :D

3 years ago

I have a list of new games being marked as not activated that are activated and in my library (I have manually checked each one individually πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Ž):

Linench (2020-08-16 19:14:34)
Electric Circuit (2020-08-11 02:47:09)
Organ Biker (2020-07-18 13:38:43)
NEO-NOW! (2020-04-16 21:57:09)
Zombie Apocalypse Survivor (2020-02-11 20:49:52)
Get'em Gary (2020-01-24 10:01:47)
Color Chemistry (2019-12-21 10:23:12)
The Last Dawn : The first invasion (2018-07-02 12:17:37)

Can we get the exception list updated? Thanks!

3 years ago

I have the same problem with a bunch of wins that are, newly, marked as not activated.

Zombie Apocalypse Survivor (2020-07-05 07:19:54)
NC Tower Defense 2 (2019-12-06 12:23:32)
Artania (2019-10-08 16:59:54)
The Divine Paradox (2019-07-23 03:20:03)
Adrenaline Adventure (2019-01-20 16:16:31)
Urizen Shadows of the Cold (2017-09-19 09:53:58)

A friend checked me and said he can't find the first game in my library. A short shock, then we thought it show the not activated wins of someone else in my account but i checked myself with my steam library and i own the games [It's after 7 AM and i am without sleep.... so my brain work slow and we made us more work as necessary :-D].

My idea are right now that maybe steam have a problem and not sgtools (?).
It would not be the extreme surprising thing at timeframes with steam "events".

Short proof:

View attached image.
View attached image.
3 years ago*

I got right now this info:
Many games were banned 7 hours ago.

View attached image.
3 years ago

Added the last ban wave to the whitelist, should solve today's reports with not activated wins

3 years ago

Thank you for providing such a great tool for SG.

3 years ago

Oh noes!

Not activated Gifts on account NateSCC
Cyberpunk 2077 (2020-10-19 14:12:54)

I'm 110% sure, it's in my library ;)

Also, what's up with the "Real CV, breakdown statistics"?

View attached image.
3 years ago

Release date for Cyberpunk was not updated to the last time they moved it, it should be fine now.

Fixed up the charts :)

3 years ago*

View attached image.
3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.