January 2020 Humble Choice

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg - Lestrades

📅 Important dates

• 💳 January 31st, 2020: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• 📆 February 7th 2020: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Friday of every month)

⚠️ Region lock ⚠️

Middle-earth: Shadow of War

• RU/CIS - Russian Federation, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Republic of Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine
  • LATAM - Bahamas, Panama, Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Venezuela, Colombia, Guyana, Suriname, French Guiana, Brazil, Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, Ecuador, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Equatorial Guinea, Haiti, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Mexico, Trinidad and Tobago, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, India
  • Everyone else (including China): ROW

Street Fighter V

• Everyone receives ROW (including ROW for Japan, despite the notification) (confirmation)

GRIP: Combat Racing

• RU/CIS - Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Republic of Moldova, Russian Federation, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan
  • Everyone else: ROW

Notes:

1. DiRT Rally 2.0 and GRIP come with extra DLCs (separate keys, see below). These DLCs do not take up a choice.

2. In the last sale the upgrade DLC for Middle-earth: Shadow of War was $11.99 @ 60% off. The complete game was $14.99 @ 75% off, so if you're considering to buy it in the next sale this bundle key can save you (only) $3 in the US Steam store (assuming that the discounts will be the same).

3. You can claim two free Two Point Hospital DLCs:

4. You can claim a few free DLCs for GRIP:

5. You can claim a free DLC for Street Fighter V:

6. Street Fighter V - Champion Edition, with all additional pay-2-play characters included, will be released on February 14, 2020.
    Do NOT waste your money buying all the characters separately! You might want to buy the upgrade pack instead. More info here.

🎮 Games (there are 12 choices, of which you can pick 10 if you have the Classic plan):

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
Middle-earth: Shadow of War 82% of 23810 🏆 7.50 CV app/356190 W 0 $49.99
Graveyard Keeper 81% of 9525 🏆 3.00 CV app/599140 W M L 1 $19.99
Two Point Hospital 89% of 10406 🏆 5.25 CV app/535930 W M L 0 $34.99
DiRT Rally 2.0 73% of 3695 - 🏆 9.00 CV app/690790 W 0 $59.99
DiRT Rally 2.0 - H2 RWD Double Pack (DLC) 100% of 3 - - 0.45 CV app/988662 W 0 $2.99
DiRT Rally 2.0 - Opel Manta 400 (DLC) 100% of 6 - - 0.30 CV app/1004960 W 0 $1.99
DiRT Rally 2.0 - Porsche 911 RGT Rally Spec (DLC) 73% of 11 - - 0.30 CV app/977660 W 0 $1.99
Street Fighter V 58% of 11406 🏆 3.00 CV app/310950 W 0 $19.99
Bad North 87% of 1725 - 🏆 2.25 CV app/688420 W M 0 $14.99
Trailmakers 84% of 2092 🏆 3.75 CV app/585420 W 0 $24.99
Unrailed! 92% of 1845 - 🏆 2.55 CV app/1016920 W 0 $16.99
Whispers of a Machine 96% of 216 🏆 2.25 CV app/631570 W M 0 $14.99
Them's Fightin' Herds 92% of 1039 - - 2.25 CV app/574980 W 0 $14.99
Mages of Mystralia 88% of 471 🏆 3.00 CV app/529660 W 0 $19.99
GRIP: Combat Racing 89% of 1685 🏆 0.00 CV ☠ app/396900 W 0 $29.99
Artifex Car Pack (DLC) 100% of 9 - - 0.75 CV ⚙️ app/1087830 W 0 $4.99

⚙️ - Steam is learning about this game, therefore some features will be limited (no card drops, achievements won't count, the game will not give a +1 to your library etc.) More Changes Addressing Fake Games

Extras: Unparallel (DRM-free Game)

Retail:

• $333.84

CV:

• all: 45.58 (depends on what you pick)

💸 Subscription + Bonuses

Lite Basic Premium Classic
Per month $4.99 $14.99 $19.99 -
Per year $44.99 $134.99 $179.99 $132.00
Games to keep 0 3 9 10
Choice No Yes Yes Yes
Humble Trove Yes Yes Yes Yes
Humble Store discount 10% 10% 20% 20%
Originals Limited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited

In some regions, a sale tax is applied (example)

Note: There has been recent quiet changes to the non-Classic subscription costs for non-USD regions: regional pricing is now a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. More info here.

📝 Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

📖 Informative links

Humble Choice FAQ
Official HB FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

🐰 Thanks to luckz for helping with the poll!

4 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Your New Year’s Resolution is...

View Results
[Recurring subscription] ...to play only good games this year and these seem to fit into that category.
[New subscription] …to never miss a good deal when I see one.
[Maybe subscribe] ...to ponder more before jumping into a decision.
[Have] …to stop hoarding games that I already own.
[Pausing] ...to be more responsible. Holiday’s gone. Back to school / work! No time to play games any more :(
[Non-subscriber, will not buy] … to fatten my savings account like a turkey before Christmas.
[Complaint] I just bought these in the sale. Refund time?
[Complaining subscriber] I paid for the Classic sub to get *all* the games, and now it's already just 10 out of 12...

I left out Trailmakers and Whispers of a Machine, i really like Choice because in Monthly I always got games I didn't care about and now I can mitigate that and we get more games for the same price with Classic so win-win for me xD

4 years ago

Odd, I thought I already got SoW from Humble. I guess I bought it somewhere else. GRIP looked very interesting until I remembered actually playing the game on Game Pass already. It's mediocre at best.

4 years ago

Skipped Unrailed (multiplayer) and Fightin' Herds (Humble-published, so we'll definitely be seeing it again).

4 years ago

same. Had some others but made GA's out of them... Unrailed and Fightin herds didn't look interesting to me.

4 years ago

Unfortunately bought GRIP recently (only have Win7, so Gamepass isn't a thing for me)
Easily worth the purchase for me, and GRIP can go to one of my nephews to play.
Still deciding what my last couple of choices will be :)

4 years ago

What will you do about the Win7 thing and the support ending in about a week? (Genuine question, I have a laptop with Win7 and maybe the Win10 install isn't necessary?)

4 years ago

Well, Win7 might stop being supported, but it will still work... for now.
I need a computer upgrade in the next year anyway, so I'm not really too worried either way.

4 years ago

Dang, this is the first time I've had 4 wishlisted games in a monthly bundle. Subscribed for the month!

4 years ago

So Is the new meta to just pause every month and then unpause if you like the games? Because I don't really want any of these so this is a junk month for me.

4 years ago

Will pause for now and decide closer to the autocharge date, if I will buy it.

4 years ago

Two wishlisted, two owned. Not bad for Classic.

Most of it is racing/fighting, though, which to me is about as boring as watching paint dry. Still, 4 games redeemed, still cheaper than buying them individually. The rest will probably be a trade for getting some trains reskinned for Cities Skylines.

4 years ago*

Having a hard time picking which I care least for: Trailmakers, Street Fighter or unchained. All 3 definitely do not look like my cup of tea...

4 years ago

Of those, I'd be most likely to drop Trailmakers.
SFV... well, I'm terrible at them, but I do like fighters. And Unrailed actually looks pretty fun.
The build-your-own, Lego/Minecraft style games are a dime-a-dozen, though Trailmakers does look more polished than many. Most also seem to languish by the wayside pretty quickly. Good or bad price-wise as a result (heavy discounts, or no discounts through neglect.)

4 years ago

I'll decide later in the month. I'm not sure I am interested enough to unpause.

4 years ago

pssst, "View this bundle on..." links aren't up yet, despite at least having a barter.vg page for it already (the only one I check...) https://barter.vg/bundle/4666/

On a personal note, glad I picked up Whispers of a Machine in the sale (5.39 USD in a "BUNDLE") -- partially just to support the devs, and partially because it would've made this choosing thing annoying -- as is, I'm thankful to have been missing exactly ten, with three wishlisted.

4 years ago

still waiting for a decent game bundle thats not rehashed games from other bundles

4 years ago

This bundle is quite literally the opposite of "rehashed games from other bundles." Only one of these 12 games has ever been bundled before.

4 years ago

this is not a BUNDLE its humble choice. only use humble bundle cause i can give to charity.
Each month 5% of your subscription cost is donated to our featured charity of the month, fuck that.

4 years ago

Okay, you seem angry and I am not sure why, so I'm just going to back away slowly.

[insert shrug emoji here]

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago*

i hate when i see those bundles with base game middle earth shadow of war , and then...... 60€ on DLCS xDDD

4 years ago

All SoW DLC is actually 40. But can't blame you if that shitshow of bundles and passes makes it lack transparancy.

4 years ago

Heads-up: Street Fighter 5 Champion Edition, with all additional pay-2-play characters included, will be released on February 14, 2020.
Do NOT waste your money buying all the characters separately!

There is an upgrade pack available here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1150190/Street_Fighter_V__Champion_Edition_Upgrade_Kit/

(apologies if someone else already mentioned this)

Also if anyone is considering this solely for Shadow Of War, skip this one and head to GreenManGaming instead. They've got the Definitive Edition with all DLC on sale for €10,62. (Even buying that one again just for the DLC is cheaper than buying all the DLC separately, because they never go below 10€ each.) There used to be a Definitive Edition Content upgrade available on Steam (866850), but you know how it goes. insert Abba song about money. Edit: Apparently there's also an expansion upgrade, I can't see that one on the store so use the link in the comments below. Still way more expensive though, historical low is €12,49.

4 years ago*

Isn't Shadow of war definitive edition content exactly the same as season pass? So maybe they just deleted it and called it season pass instead

Either way, all DLCs suck and not worth it as much (just look at their reviews on steam) so even if you only get the base game, it is already enough without needing to waste more money (assuming you also want another game or more in the rest of the bundle) buying it separately compared to just grabbing the monthly.

4 years ago

That one isn't visible for me on the store, only via the link provided below. Either way, whether it's good or not is up to people's personal preference and I will not tell them what they should think of a game or DLC. A lot of people here simply prefer to have the whole game instead of just the base game. (which is a common complaint regarding Humble's games these days.)

4 years ago

Strange, that one isn't visible for me on the store, only via the link. Oh well, at least it exists.

4 years ago

It's amongst the DLC for some reason.

4 years ago

Heads-up: Street Fighter 5 Champion Edition

Sweet, this is one of the games I'm most interested in. Thanks for the notice.

4 years ago

I can almost smell ni no kuni in one of the upcoming monthlies.

4 years ago

my hope for DQ XI

4 years ago

@sensualshakti

Per this chain (https://www.steamgifts.com/go/comment/9VwKitW), do you know why the pricing in your OP for HB Choice #2 differs from #1?

USD pricing shows Premium Tier as $19.99 while yours is showing $15.99? Are different users getting different pricing in the US?

4 years ago

I am from Australia. I've just renewed my annual Humble Classic and they've still charged me 132$ as usual. However, after logging out my account, HB Choice showed 29.99 AUD/month and 269.99 AUD/year. It's more expensive than 180$ 'cause current exchange rate of USD-AUD is 1.42. I asked one of my Asian friends and he said HB shows normal USD price for Choice (19.99$/month and 179.99/year).
Is there any region cheaper than others?

4 years ago*

The problem is that it says 19,99USD for premium on humble page for US price, but 15,99 USD in the table OP wrote. So we where wondering if there is just a mistake or if someone actually can have it cheaper. My guess its just a mistake because the post about choice 1 was the same as humble wrote.

4 years ago

It seems he/she fixed it.

4 years ago

17.99€ here

4 years ago

Technically 19.99$. Thanks for the info :D

4 years ago

Nice bundle. Will buy it again to get Mordor, Hospital and Street Fighter. But first I try to win something. I don't remember when I had this much GAs to enter and so few Points!

4 years ago

pause :(

4 years ago

2 usd off when threatning to pause. Lol.

4 years ago*

tried it by my self and got the Coupon as well. valid until April 3rd. so if you grab it and Pause again, you seem to be able to use it next month instead of this on?

4 years ago

Coupon will work next month. But i am buying this month.

4 years ago

Thanks for sharing.

4 years ago

From my experience, It can only work once for a while :D

4 years ago

Its 3 uds off if you try to cancel.
I know because they auto charged me on an old hb account and had to remove my paypal adress from there

4 years ago

I bought some loose months (and gift it to myself) and each time i get a discount coupon.

4 years ago

Street Fighter V (Japan) package is 278424

4 years ago

Thanks! That's just the normal Store sub (ROW) that everyone else gets, so there are no region locks for Japan despite the notification when creating a gift link.

4 years ago

When something is listed as RU/CIS or whatever does that mean they get their own version of the key or that it is fully region locked for them?

4 years ago

It means that they get a key that can be activated only in the countries that share the same region as them. Most of the time it's the same version as the non-locked one (meaning, the exact content), but sometimes it can be that some items differ from the sub that everyone else receives (for example a missing DLC or in very rare cases an extra DLC).
However, a ROW key implies most of the time (there are rare exceptions here too) that it can be activated anywhere, therefore RU/CIS countries will also be able to activate it.

4 years ago

How can I create a giftlink to save it for best times?

4 years ago

See OP's Humble Choice FAQ:

On the "Choose your games" page, you click a game, scroll down and click "gift to friend" instead of "get game". Then you see the usual region lock notification about countries that receive a different game version than you do or do not receive the game, and you can pick between generating a gift link or sending the game via email.

"Get game" will instantly reveal the key and NOT simply add the game to your Downloads page for this bundle.

4 years ago

Understood, thank you

4 years ago

Does anybody know why Grip is considered as a 0CV game ? I can't find where it has been given for free ô_o

4 years ago

4 years ago

Thank you, couldn't find where it was ^^

4 years ago

There is still no way to select games but not unravel keys, right?
I wanna pick my choices but I want those games at my keys page waiting for me to reveal the keys, so I can keep track if I used a key or not.

4 years ago

No, there are only two choices now -- reveal the key, or convert to a gift link.

4 years ago

I wonder for how long I can wait before making my choices :D

4 years ago

I don't think there is a time limit. But as ZtargazeR says below -- if you delay too long, you might run a small risk of the keys running out.

4 years ago

keys can be exhausted like it was with CoDWWII and then disappear like it was with macdows 95.
so it is better to reveal key, to exclude chance of disappearing of it.

4 years ago*

Yikes. Thank you for the heads up, that would be extremely scummy of them :(

4 years ago

I just claimed my CoDWWII key as I had forgotten all about it and they aren't exhausted

4 years ago

they have been temporally exhausted a few days after launch.
but you never know.

also, for example, subnautica had limited stock of keys in some jingle jam bundle

4 years ago

try giving the game as a gift, then active the gift link for yourself?
no idea if this works, but it might

4 years ago

They don't appear on my keys page :(

4 years ago

They won't appear there. Only on the choice itself.

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.