January 2020 Humble Choice

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg - Lestrades

📅 Important dates

• 💳 January 31st, 2020: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• 📆 February 7th 2020: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Friday of every month)

⚠️ Region lock ⚠️

Middle-earth: Shadow of War

• RU/CIS - Russian Federation, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Republic of Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine
  • LATAM - Bahamas, Panama, Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Venezuela, Colombia, Guyana, Suriname, French Guiana, Brazil, Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, Ecuador, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Equatorial Guinea, Haiti, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Mexico, Trinidad and Tobago, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, India
  • Everyone else (including China): ROW

Street Fighter V

• Everyone receives ROW (including ROW for Japan, despite the notification) (confirmation)

GRIP: Combat Racing

• RU/CIS - Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Republic of Moldova, Russian Federation, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan
  • Everyone else: ROW

Notes:

1. DiRT Rally 2.0 and GRIP come with extra DLCs (separate keys, see below). These DLCs do not take up a choice.

2. In the last sale the upgrade DLC for Middle-earth: Shadow of War was $11.99 @ 60% off. The complete game was $14.99 @ 75% off, so if you're considering to buy it in the next sale this bundle key can save you (only) $3 in the US Steam store (assuming that the discounts will be the same).

3. You can claim two free Two Point Hospital DLCs:

4. You can claim a few free DLCs for GRIP:

5. You can claim a free DLC for Street Fighter V:

6. Street Fighter V - Champion Edition, with all additional pay-2-play characters included, will be released on February 14, 2020.
    Do NOT waste your money buying all the characters separately! You might want to buy the upgrade pack instead. More info here.

🎮 Games (there are 12 choices, of which you can pick 10 if you have the Classic plan):

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
Middle-earth: Shadow of War 82% of 23810 🏆 7.50 CV app/356190 W 0 $49.99
Graveyard Keeper 81% of 9525 🏆 3.00 CV app/599140 W M L 1 $19.99
Two Point Hospital 89% of 10406 🏆 5.25 CV app/535930 W M L 0 $34.99
DiRT Rally 2.0 73% of 3695 - 🏆 9.00 CV app/690790 W 0 $59.99
DiRT Rally 2.0 - H2 RWD Double Pack (DLC) 100% of 3 - - 0.45 CV app/988662 W 0 $2.99
DiRT Rally 2.0 - Opel Manta 400 (DLC) 100% of 6 - - 0.30 CV app/1004960 W 0 $1.99
DiRT Rally 2.0 - Porsche 911 RGT Rally Spec (DLC) 73% of 11 - - 0.30 CV app/977660 W 0 $1.99
Street Fighter V 58% of 11406 🏆 3.00 CV app/310950 W 0 $19.99
Bad North 87% of 1725 - 🏆 2.25 CV app/688420 W M 0 $14.99
Trailmakers 84% of 2092 🏆 3.75 CV app/585420 W 0 $24.99
Unrailed! 92% of 1845 - 🏆 2.55 CV app/1016920 W 0 $16.99
Whispers of a Machine 96% of 216 🏆 2.25 CV app/631570 W M 0 $14.99
Them's Fightin' Herds 92% of 1039 - - 2.25 CV app/574980 W 0 $14.99
Mages of Mystralia 88% of 471 🏆 3.00 CV app/529660 W 0 $19.99
GRIP: Combat Racing 89% of 1685 🏆 0.00 CV ☠ app/396900 W 0 $29.99
Artifex Car Pack (DLC) 100% of 9 - - 0.75 CV ⚙️ app/1087830 W 0 $4.99

⚙️ - Steam is learning about this game, therefore some features will be limited (no card drops, achievements won't count, the game will not give a +1 to your library etc.) More Changes Addressing Fake Games

Extras: Unparallel (DRM-free Game)

Retail:

• $333.84

CV:

• all: 45.58 (depends on what you pick)

💸 Subscription + Bonuses

Lite Basic Premium Classic
Per month $4.99 $14.99 $19.99 -
Per year $44.99 $134.99 $179.99 $132.00
Games to keep 0 3 9 10
Choice No Yes Yes Yes
Humble Trove Yes Yes Yes Yes
Humble Store discount 10% 10% 20% 20%
Originals Limited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited

In some regions, a sale tax is applied (example)

Note: There has been recent quiet changes to the non-Classic subscription costs for non-USD regions: regional pricing is now a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. More info here.

📝 Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

📖 Informative links

Humble Choice FAQ
Official HB FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

🐰 Thanks to luckz for helping with the poll!

4 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Your New Year’s Resolution is...

View Results
[Recurring subscription] ...to play only good games this year and these seem to fit into that category.
[New subscription] …to never miss a good deal when I see one.
[Maybe subscribe] ...to ponder more before jumping into a decision.
[Have] …to stop hoarding games that I already own.
[Pausing] ...to be more responsible. Holiday’s gone. Back to school / work! No time to play games any more :(
[Non-subscriber, will not buy] … to fatten my savings account like a turkey before Christmas.
[Complaint] I just bought these in the sale. Refund time?
[Complaining subscriber] I paid for the Classic sub to get *all* the games, and now it's already just 10 out of 12...

Strret Fighter V, do not forget about the free cinematic DLC:

A Shadow Falls (Cinematic Story Expansion)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/475230/Street_Fighter_V__A_Shadow_Falls_Cinematic_Story_Expansion/

4 years ago*

It´s that time of the month again.

https://i.imgur.com/vGXvAFg.png

4 years ago

Just a quick question. If I subscribe now for this month bundle, which ends on friday and pause the next one right after my subscription, does this work, or will I be charged for the next one as well? I'm asking because if you read the FAQs, it says that if you wanna cancel your subscription, you have to do this at least 7 days before the next bundle starts, but I didn't find anything about when's the last chance to pause your bundle in order to not get charged for the next one.

Thanks in advance!

4 years ago

You wont be charged, you can pause whenever you want.If you buy this one now and then pause for the 3rd, you will have to pause again when the 3rd will get revealed as it will unpause you automatically.Thats pretty much it.

4 years ago

Not sure if I'm getting you right. So if I pause before a bundle gets revealed, I actually have to pause the bundle again after it got revealed to not get charged? So I have to tell them twice that I don't want to get the bundle?

Or do you mean that if I pause now for the 3rd bundle, I won't get that one and won't get charged for it, but it will unpause me for the 4th bundle?

Oh and also, if I pause for the 3rd bundle, will I still be able to get the games from Humble Trove, as long as the 2nd bundle runs, or does it lock Humble Trove right away after pausing for the next bundle?

4 years ago*

The first one is right, if you pause now after you buy the 2nd bundle when the 3rd gets revealed they will unpause you and you have to pause again.
Also as long as you are subscribed you will be able to access the trove, when you are paused you will lose your access to it. What i advise you to do is to subscribe now and get your games from 2nd choice, download the trove games you want without worrying when the 3rd choice gets revealed as they wont charge you until the end of February and when you are done pause. Otherwise you can pause after you buy the 2nd, pause again after the 3rd gets revealed and when you feel like it as long as its before the autocharge date of the 3rd bundle subscribe without paying them, yes you can do that, get your trove games and pause again before that date.

4 years ago

ok, I think I got you. I thought it's like the Humble subscription from before.
But when I understood right, I can still tell them that I don't want the bundle they revealed just now (at the beginning of february) and won't get charged for it.

Thanks for your help! Appreciate it :)

4 years ago

Have a nice day:)

4 years ago

Thanks! Have a nice day as well :)

4 years ago

I don't like to choose, so I prefer everything at once.

View attached image.
4 years ago

Wait how? O.o

4 years ago

Developer Tools in browser or some other tool

View attached image.
4 years ago

Hope HB did not make such mistake. is it only visual thing or more then visual?

4 years ago

Only visual, you can see it only locally.

4 years ago

I bought

• the Steam key to Them's Fightin ' Herds in gamivo.com (there was a promotion today with a 90% discount)
  • Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition in Steam Store
    https://store.steampowered.com/sub/281112/

But as InSpec said correctly, I edited the page a bit to take a screenshot...
I am a subscriber to the classic plan and I had the right to choose 10 games(more than 10 games will not be able to get)

View attached image.
4 years ago*

Question, yesterday i got an email with a discount to premium monthly that's available until February 7, and it says that "Humble Bundle will automatically renew your subscription on February 28, 2020 when you will be charged €17.99. Cancel anytime before your renewal date to not be automatically charged."
And i was wondering, if i buy it now, and cancel before the 28th, do i get both this month and February, or do i only get January?

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

HB offering Premium plan for 12$, but for new subscribers.
https://twitter.com/humble/status/1221100485463199744

4 years ago

I got an email offering me the 9 game plan for $9.00

4 years ago

Only january.
Even before canceling, if february choices become available and you want to claim them before the day you would be usually charged, you would be asked to pay the ongoing month forehand, adding 30 days to your suscription status.

4 years ago

I was wondering the same, but TheFighter3647 was kind enough to clarify this for me:
https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/iWrRd/humble-bundle-january-2020-humble-choice-2/search?page=7#BAAdrWk

It should be like this:
If you subscribe now, you'll get the January bundle and all the extras that come with it (like access to Humble Trove).
When the february bundle starts, you can take a look at it. If you decide to take it, you don't have to do anything. You can choose 9 games and you will be charged on Feb. 28th.
If you don't want the February bundle, you have to pause (or unsubsribe). This should be done at least 7 days before the last friday of the month (so the last day to pause or cancel the subscription should be the 21st of Feb.).
If you pause the bundle, you will lose access to Humble Trove. So you should download the games you like to have, before pausing the bundle.
If you pause right after you subscribe (in january), it will unpause you again as soon as the Feb. bundle is revealed, which means that if you don't want the february bundle you have to pause again after it was revealed. So there are no benefits in pausing right after your subscription in january.

NOTE:
I'm also new to Humble Choice. This is only my understanding of how it works, after TheFighter3647 explained it to me and after doing some additional research. I can't guarantee that all the infos are absolutely right!

4 years ago*

Obviously only January. You can't get a month without paying it.

4 years ago

i hate when i see...shadow of war without dlcs, at this moment its at 9.99 and definitive edition at 12.49 but hey.... if you want seasson pass...and story pass, and **** pass... pay more...
i cant see any update for normal to definitive edition so ... im mad.. xD

4 years ago

This has everything needed to upgrade from normal to the Definitive Edition:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/716270/Middleearth_Shadow_of_War_Expansion_Pass/

Unfortunately, it costs just as much as buying the Definitive Edition at the current sale price... :P

4 years ago

yay i hate this jaja so if i want to play defint edition i must pay the same...... what a joke :(

4 years ago

Then you can buy it on Steam, and pick from the remainder of the ganes from the bundle! That's great!

4 years ago

That's how the publishers make their money. Either play the base game or just don't buy the bundle.

4 years ago

Bought it on PS4 a few months ago, it is the same there, but at least I can give the disc copy to family after I get the complete edition, so I didn't mind buying it on disc at a cheap price.

4 years ago

Yeah, stuff like this is why I'm letting my humble expire once my year is up. There are too many situations every month where it's just the base game with a bunch of indie games I'm never going to play. I'd rather take the 12 bucks a month and spend it at 3rd party sites.

4 years ago

I had lost interest to Humble Bundle site for a while now. But seems like the Humble Choice has 3 games from my wishlist and it is 8€ for the first month. So quick questions:

• I can pay 8€ now redeem 9 games of my choice and disable auto renewal? It says:

Humble Bundle will automatically renew your subscription on February 28, 2020 when you will be charged €17.99. Cancel anytime before your renewal date to not be automatically charged.

• It says in the OP that next Choice games unlock on February 7th 2020 but auto renewal is February 28 2020 so does that mean that I can get another 9 games next month without any extra cost?
4 years ago

Nope, you can either choose 9 games from this bundle and then pause / cancel your subscription when the Feb. bundle was revealed, or you can skip the january bundle and then choose from the Feb. bundle.
If you choose to get the games from the current bundle and you do not cancel your subscription, you will be charged again on Feb 28th

( https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/iWrRd/humble-bundle-january-2020-humble-choice-2/search?page=7#cZ3KbWr )

EDIT:
Oh sorry, my bad. If the next choice is revealed on Feb 7th you can only get the games from january, since the coupon is only valid until Feb 7th, as far as I know

4 years ago*

Thanks a lot

4 years ago

Yes, you can pay 8€ now, redeem the 9 games you want, then either pause (beware, it auto-unpauses every month, so you'll have to remember to pause each month or you'll be auto-charged the last Friday of the month) or unsubscribe (no need to remember to pause each month, but you lose the Classic plan forever if you have it).

No free games for you in the February bundle. The next Choice will unlock February the 7th indeed, the auto-billing will be February the 28th indeed, but don't believe that you can get the games between the 7th and the 28th without having to pay for them, it doesn't work like that.
Choice is revealed the first Friday of each month (February 7th), but it simply shows you the games, you don't get the Steam keys yet. If you like the games in the bundle and want to get them quickly, you can buy the bundle immediately (or at any time during the month), and you have to pay for them (credit card, Paypal, etc, and you are charged that day, not the 28th). Paying early gives you the Steam keys early.
If you are not in a hurry, meh, don't have the money early in the month and/or forget to pause, then you are auto-charged the last Friday of this month (February the 28th), and get the Steam keys at that moment. Unless you paused for this month obviously.
Then there is a week between the last Friday of the month (February 28) and the first Friday of the next month (March 6) that still allows new customers or pausers who want to unpause to purchase the bundle.
Then March 6, a new Choice is released, same story.

TL;DR : You can't break the system by getting the games for free February the 7th then pause before the 28h.

4 years ago*

Thanks for the time you spent to write this!

4 years ago

auto charge in a few hours bump

4 years ago

Aaaah, damn. Received the mail 30 minutes ago. Well, at least I kinda dig some of the games. :X :D

4 years ago

i wanted to pause but there are few wishlist gems in there

4 years ago

Is anyone having problems with the auto payment?
I still haven't got any mail or anything, and trying to unlock it still says "pay now" and when I click it it says "payment already in progress"
Anyone seen or heard anything about any problems with it?

4 years ago

payment already in progress

same

4 years ago

Finally it worked :)

4 years ago

Is there any leak about games for the next month?

4 years ago

What time exactly will this deal expire? There is no counter on the site
I still have some pending giveaways for Shadow of War that will end on Friday 7th, but I don't know if before or after the Humble choice changes.

4 years ago

Strange it was gone in the direct link to the monthly but you can see it if you look at the bundle tab

View attached image.
4 years ago

there are just days, i need hours

4 years ago

If you look at the others it shows hours on the last 2 days.

4 years ago

Humble generally cycle bundles at ~6pm GMT on a given day - just convert that to your local timezone. They don't represent the remaining time on the website until it's got less than 24 hours remaining.

4 years ago

Your choices don't expire, so there's no need to worry about pending GAs. ;)

4 years ago

I did not buy it yet. I am not a subscriber.
If I win, I will not buy it (subscribe) at all.
If I do not win, I will buy it on the last day, but I don't know when is the last chance. that's why I'm asking.

4 years ago

Friday 7th is the last day that you can buy it(the whole bundle),about the hour i am not sure!

4 years ago

Oh, I thought you were giving one away. My bad. Now I understand. =)
It says 4 days left, so I assume it is fine until Friday.

4 years ago

Well not sure what time it will be in your timezone, but keep in mind the Humble Choice will change the coming Friday in about an hour from now.

4 years ago

Can't remember exactly, but it's around 5-6pm GMT
You can check in the last day and it will give you a counter

4 years ago

Supposedly 7 pm GTM+1.
You can check the time by rightclicking on the timer and choose inspect element, then open down the menus in the console by clicking on the right-arrows.

View attached image.
4 years ago

thank you all

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

Any leak for the next month?

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

4 years ago

Yes. Some DLC for Middle-earth: Shadow of War, some DLC for Two Point Hospital, some DLC for DiRT Rally 2.0, some DLC for Street Fighter V and some DLC for GRIP Combat Racing, i think.

:P

4 years ago

would be nice <3

4 years ago

Please yes, what a coincidence that i already have the games needed for all this quality content DLC.

ヽ(✿゚▽゚)ノ

4 years ago

Bump. Last few hours for this one...

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

The Wolf Among us is hard, as is "old" game that have been bundled some times

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Just Cause 4 will be bundled eventually, so that's a good call. Prey has been available on the cheap, so why not?
I think Call of Cthulhu and Greedfall are both too recent, but ya never know.

I don't recall any Klei games ever being bundled, and Oxygen Not Included and has never had a really steep discount, so that one is also unlikely.

Road Redemption was part of a monthly not that long ago. The Wolf Among Us has been bundled many times.
I don't see either happen.

Can't comment on the other games

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago*

I am very pleasantly surprised with Frostpunk!

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

less than 3 hours boiiiiiiiiiiiii

4 years ago

I have a feeling that monster hunter world will be in this month choices...

4 years ago

I wouldn't mind that.

4 years ago

Iconoclasts would be nice as well...

4 years ago

Give me Rez Infinite please

4 years ago

Hm... It unpaused me or something? It didnt ask for money so far so i'm extra confused. I didnt want January one and i've paused on begining of the month. Now it says something like:
Billing error
Your Month-to-Month Classic Plan is about to run out! Click below to keep your subscription active.

Subscriber perks
Active
Current plan
Month-to-Month Classic Plan
Next billing date
February 28, 2020
Last skipped month
Skipped the January 2020 bundle.

And yet it still give me choices to pick from january bundle which i didnt want at all. Yes?

4 years ago

Welp. I've paused again just to be sure. Yes.

4 years ago

Same here. Paused again. Thanks for the heads up! Yes.

4 years ago

I had the same thing and did the same as you.

4 years ago

Thanks for the heads up. I had the same message and paused again. Very strange as I still have another 6 months paid for.

4 years ago*

Same happened to me. Glad I saw on here as wouldn't have noticed

4 years ago

The wording is super confusing! Cannot imagine that billing error is a mistake, it´s deliberatley dangling their carrot in front of customers noses.

While your subscription is paused, you won't be billed for January 2020, and you will miss out on next month's games.
If you pause, your subscription will resume on March 6, 2020. You still have 0 days to decide whether or not to pause your January 2020 Humble Classic subscription. To resume your subscription, you can visit the My Subscription page at any time.

4 years ago

Same thing happened last month. Seems to give the "billing error" message if you skipped the month prior.

4 years ago

Thank you mate. I have paused again. I even have the email confirming my pause from the beginning of the previous month. Damn these errors

4 years ago

24 minutes

4 years ago

at least 2 or 3... maybe more, it's good!

4 years ago

Holy shit Frostpunk

4 years ago

what a boring one

4 years ago

The billing agreement has been cancelled. I nevert skipped a month, I have my Paypal attached to the account, what I need to do? Classic user by the way.

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.