Greetings all,
I had a great idea for last week's puzzle. Have it end on a Wednesday, so I can post the new puzzle on Wednesday night, from my hotel room, when I have heaps of time and no distractions on a business trip. Unfortunately, I had not counted on my failing to pack a laptop power cable, so I had to conserve my battery for work stuff. Arghhh...

So it is Sunday before I can post, and I have 4 puzzles that I am writing in various stages of completion and none of them are quite publishable yet. All that being said, I have promised a weekly puzzle for 2016, so I unfortunately need another unoriginal puzzle. That being said, it is a goodie. It is by the brilliant Turkish puzzle designer Cihan Altay. When I tried it, I loved it, and had never quite solved anything quite like it, so I felt that I needed to present it here.

It is another pure logic problem this week, a sequel of sorts to my 6th puzzle of 2016 back in February which I called "As Easy as ABC". This one is called As Hard as ABC and it can be found here.

The prizes this week are:
ABC Coloring town I bought this game this morning, specifically for this giveaway, as I found the title to be so appropriate. Unfortunately, I did not see this giveaway as a real motivator for entry, so I decided to add better games as well. %% Note this finishes at 10:59pm on 7 August
Ghostmaster (finishes 11 August) and
Wizardry 8 (finishes 11 August)

Enjoy,
Mikalye

%% That being said, if you are solving these puzzles solely for the GA's then something is wrong. I solve primarily for the fun of the solve.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Corrections/Errata/Clarifications

Arghhh!!! - I screwed up on creating the giveaways, so ABC Coloring town finishes tonight 7 August. The other two giveaways finish on 11 August as planned.

7 years ago*

Reserved for Solution

7 years ago

I'm on it :D

7 years ago

Solved with visual aides. :)

7 years ago

Bump for solved! Nice one again :D

7 years ago

Skipped the previous puzzle but this one is fun. Thanks and bump for solved!

7 years ago

Too hard for me. But I recommend Wizardry 8 anyway,. I LOVE that game.

7 years ago

Hehe, I just wanted to write the same. I also LOVE the game.

7 years ago

is it just me or do this puzzle have multiple solutions ?

7 years ago

AFAIK, there is one unique solution.

7 years ago

Wait, wait, wait. Do BOTH the C's need to occupy the same borders? Because if so, then it looks like it's impossible to fit both the C's as they both have to be horizontal and in pretty much the same area. There is no way to have both the C's on the bottom and the C on the right to overlap both the C's on the grid at the same time. Am I misinterpreting the explanation?

7 years ago

From the instructions: " the letters outside the grid indicate the first letter that appears inside the grid from the corresponding direction." That is it, they do not need to hit both of them. The only thing that a border letter tells you is which letter is hit first.

7 years ago

I thought it played out like sudoku how the arrows apply to the whole grid and not just the first letter it hits. I should stop doing these.

7 years ago

And I should have read that reply sooner.

7 years ago

Must each latter get hit by a later outside the grid? I mean can a latter not be hit by anything?

7 years ago

yes absolutely. Not every letter is necessarily hit

7 years ago

Yes, I misinterpreted the whole damn puzzle.

Not too happy about that. >:( Solved but still. :/

7 years ago

Hint pleaaase!!11!11!1

7 years ago

Amazing puzzle, I loved it. Took a lot of time, but it was worth. BUMPED!

7 years ago

Nice! bump

7 years ago

Solved bump! Neat puzzle~!

7 years ago

bumped

7 years ago

Arghhh!!! - I screwed up on creating the giveaways, so ABC Coloring town finishes tonight 7 August. The other two giveaways finish on 11 August as planned.

7 years ago

Solving this one wasn't really a bumpy road... but bump for you, Mikalye :-).
Nice puzzle, though!
And regarding your comment in the initial post - to me, solving the puzzles here is about the challenge you present, not the reward, so yeah, keep the puzzles coming! Regardless the GA involved. Thank you very much for your effort.

7 years ago

I think I can make it this time hmmm

7 years ago

Bump for solved :)

7 years ago

Bump for solved! Nice puzzle

7 years ago

Yay, that was a nice challenge.