Summer Sale goes live today at 10am PT, 1pm ET, 6pm BST on the day, and will run for two weeks, meaning it ends July 9.

Home
https://store.steampowered.com/

SteamDB
https://steamdb.info/sales/

4 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

they really fucked up with this event, in lunar sale 1 level badge was 2000 token and +200 for additional each level. now 10x level 1000 token i dont think this price normal lol. i started with 550k capacity this mean 5500 level badge. idk how much badge prices now but this is atleast free 2000$

4 years ago

And to top it off it seems points spend on Lunar are wasted here. No 4000 starter coins. Could have gotten so much more xp savong tokens till now :/

4 years ago

The real kicker is that you could have used those points to buy the coupon of $5 which costs 15000 and you can buy more than one coupon after the timer resets. Resulting in a wopping load of money to save on games

4 years ago

coupons not worth for me, its only 10turkish lira discount (1.7$)

4 years ago

OP, please close this thread if you don't have time/willingness to update and add new great discounts in first post

4 years ago

Add me to the ones who still have questions...

A) Play any game with Steam achievments for 30 minutes to make the game appear on the list "PLAY ANY GAME WITH STEAM ACHIEVEMENTS" (self explanatory, is it not?)
B) If you have not already unlocked achievments for game A), unlock them now to get points
C) If you have already unlocked some or even all achievments from game A), click on the orange "Add points from game XY" underneath the corresponding game in the carousel.
D) Due to C), one only has to idle any game where acievments are fully unlocked (did someone say Achievment Clicker/Hunter?) to get bazillions of points.

This is how it works, right? At least for me it does.

Open questions:
1) Why is the maximum number of available points declining over time?
2) Why is the maximum number of available boosts declining? Is it the maximum number per day or for the whole event?
3) How to level up your Steam profile without exploiting? Spending 1000 tokens to level-up the Grand Prix tokens by 10 levels over and over again?

4 years ago

@3 - Boosts were not refreshing correctly yesterday, people were able to spam them over and over again, gaining more and more tokens. Also for wahtever reason some people started with ridiculous amount of tokens, I've heard of 440000 at begining of the event. So all you had to do was to keep spamming boost and you would get more and more coins, then just spend all this money on leveling up.

4 years ago

Thank you very much for your answer, Zelghadis

4 years ago

The event's description seems to be quite incomplete. I heard of people where those quests trigger correctly. (e.g. Stardew Valley farming crops / catching fish) For me they're still at 0 although I spent hours on different games trying to trigger them.
So far it seems like those just count up as long as you got capacity available. I just don't get why my box stop tells me I could still earn 1100 coins although I can't trigger quests (that's where the remaining coins hint leads me to as well).

4 years ago

anyone find a way to know how many players have joined each team ?

4 years ago

So i bought a 10$ game but i still see this message and can't claim my points "Upgrade your Boost Meter's capacity"

Any ideas as of why?

Edit: Nvm, it takes around 5 minutes, now i can (damn delay)

Edit 2: And there go my 20k points in the void (only claimed 2k, gg)

4 years ago*

only corgi run ?

4 years ago

no, Turtle power!

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

4 years ago

I dont worry, I am on corgi team :-P, but I dont know if another team run, or its a bug...

4 years ago

Unless it's a bug, with corgi being in the lead by that much indicates, that team corgi has more members than all the other teams combined, so it's unlikey that the outcome of the other races will be any different. People can't change their teams after all and it's probably all about numbers.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Depend of capacity regenerates daily. If so Corgi will rule supreme without doubt.
But they probably offer the option, they did the same last "team-event". Might help slightly increase your odds for a game but I wouldn't suggest even bothering with going for that.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Hello darkness my old friend...

4 years ago

And what good would implementing team change do? We'd just swap all to corgi. Honestly, they shouldn't have let people pick a team. They should have just split people with to randomly equal groups, like they did in that summer event 2013 or 2014 ... when teams competed crafting badges. Then again, it doesn't matter much ... those team things always suck, because with so many Steam users an individual contribution feels so insignificant that there there's never any team spirit anyway.

4 years ago

Why? Swapping to #2 or #3 just before the day swap greatly increases your gamedropchances. Enough many WILL try. There's little point to go to Corgi unless winning gives more benefits.

4 years ago

Each swap would probably be effective only the next day, to prevent last minute swapping into one of the winning teams. So in the end, nobody would take the risk and we'd all end up in corgi.

4 years ago

Not really. That's exactly how teamswaps worked last time, and they were used to jump to the winning team, Valve endorsed. Of course they benefitted greatly from the tax from selling and buying said items on the market.
They would indeed be useless if working by your design. That wont make money off people gambling for that 0.02% extra chance!

4 years ago

may the last be the first

4 years ago

hacks ♥

4 years ago

I'm too lazy to check, do the quests change every day?

4 years ago

We will only know in about 2h
Edit: Apparently not

4 years ago*

just launch game with achievements, where u got, for a bout 50 min, and then it updates and get points from that,

4 years ago

It doesn't work for me, for 3 days I've been sitting on neagative points, I've been playing games with achievements, I've been doing quests, none of them increase my points, they don't even count as completed. It's broken af.

4 years ago

i got points, but how to convetr them to coins?

4 years ago

use in the game, boost your team- get coins.

4 years ago

one klick to boost and my points gone,
i dont understand a thing: they was sec ago and few thosand gone after 1 klick?

4 years ago

-1k for every click

4 years ago

points get back, but i m owning only 100 coins 9its a 2nd day must be, so i earn next 100)
but i have more then 50 000 points, is it possible to convert them to coins?
upd: looks like they want real money to i ll be able get more points per day

4 years ago*

Can't purchase games - current country different from PayPal country.

4 years ago

Linked my card with address in Norway, but currently I am in Nepal.
Can't change country :-(

4 years ago

Shouldn't day 2 started 7 min ago?

4 years ago

it started, new race.

4 years ago

It has started. Well, the race anyway. But didnt get my 100 points yet and it doesnt say who the winner is in the list.

4 years ago

That's why i was asking, no points, nothing still tells me to come back tomorrow.

4 years ago

As you may have noticed. Steam hasnt been that stable :)

4 years ago

Well.. now it died completely:

An error was encountered while processing your request:
We encountered an issue while loading the Grand Prix. Please try again.

4 years ago

looks like that's new fucked up part of the event.

4 years ago

new? not really, fucked up salien, clicker, lunar and now hardstyle this "event"

4 years ago

I got only two small games for now- The Fidelio Incident and Downward Spiral: Prologue.

4 years ago

did you win them?

4 years ago

No, I bought them, expressed this article not very correct)

4 years ago

would be nice to hear that a steamgifts member won something at the grand prix ^^

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

is it normal my boost meter capacity got used up? yesterday i was able to make get some coins, but after boosting i am now at 0 boost meter capacity...
so i would have to pay >120€ just to get a 5€ coupon... that's a stupid system... having all the earned achievment points i can't claim cause of 0 capacity :/

4 years ago

Yup. It's stupid. And it looks like (so far) we didn't even get the 100 capacity we were supposed to get every day just for taking part.

4 years ago

Same here "No capacity available". It's supposed to reset the next day, but it didn't.

4 years ago

steam summer sale grand prix 2019 early acces beta ? xD

4 years ago

full tank from day 1, and still full tank from day 1 at day 2.
day 2 did nothing but start a new race.
can this event be more broken?

edit: now the tank has increased 100 points. looks like you don't spend your points... they will always be there and if you want anything else, you must buy. that's the most stupid reward system I've ever met in my whole life.

4 years ago*

like people gone to lvl 25.000 ? :)

4 years ago

How do you had so much meter boost capacity?

4 years ago

funny thing... they can't handle their own shit and punish users that uses and users that abuses at the same time.

4 years ago

(・_・ヾ

View attached image.
4 years ago

As a Dark Souls novice Own them all but have yet to play any of them. Yes, I know I should be ashamed... I have a question to ask; The Dark Souls Remastered - Should I buy and play that one first or the Definitive Edition one?

Have been reading the reviews on it but can't really make heads or tails out of this one...

4 years ago

I played the original and what I can say is, if I liked the game enough I would buy the remaster with the -90%.

4 years ago

If you don't want to tinker with the original regarding graphic mods and so go with the Remaster. The Remaster has the DLC too, one of the best DLCs I've ever played, although I might be biased being one of my top 3 games of all times. Online is hit or miss, the release of the Remaster fractured it, but I think you can find players depending on the timezone. Either way, even without online, this game is a must play imo.

4 years ago

Thx!

4 years ago

I did some research on this myself. This post got long, but if reviews weren't helping you probably could use the extra detail.

The original version can't be bought anymore so the number of people playing is only going to go down. For that reason, if you want to co-op or do other multiplayer the remaster is the one that's going to have longer life.

Remaster also got a visual upgrade, although there's mods for the original to improve visuals too.

If you mostly want to do single player (which is the most interesting way when playing for the first time), and don't mind some extra setup, the original would be fine though. There's one area in the game that may or may not give you consistently low/choppy framerates (which is fixed in remaster). And putting fps in the original above 30 causes big problems, unlike the remaster which runs at 60 fps.

Also if want to play with game changing mods later (like the randomizer for example), I know you can't get banned for using mods with the original. I have no idea if that's true for the remaster too or not.

Basically I'd say now, during the sale, try to get the Prepare to Die Edition installed and setup using this guide or this guide.

If you don't want to bother to get it setup now, you likely won't in the future either which would make it a simple choice to go with remaster.

But if you do get it setup now you can see what you think and maybe save some money if you feel you don't need the higher framerate of the remaster.

4 years ago

Thx!

4 years ago

I am confused by it.... Upgrade your Boost Meter's capacity or throw away the extra 53301... so I have to spend money to claim all these points or if I just claim them now I get a measly 700 and lose the rest, that is pure garbage.

4 years ago

So, the boost capacity can be upgraded only for the day of the purchase? Because yesterday I had 5k+ capacity after I bought several games, and now it's GONE (down to 100)?! What a joke!😕

4 years ago

It's really messed up cause it says here:
Increase your max points
All players will begin with at least 100 max points, and for each day that you participate, your maximum will increase by 100 points. Additionally, for every 1€ you spend on Steam, you will increase your maximum points that you can earn by 121 points.
So it should be at least 300.. but it's still 100.

4 years ago

valve fucked this up, they should have stopped it. this is a fked up mess

4 years ago

They nerfed the Corgis and altered the points system. Look it up, you may have more points of capacity now.

4 years ago

GO TEAM TORT

View attached image.
4 years ago

Available Points seems to increase now when you get achievements.

Too bad they didnt have it like this before. I have had a lot of achivements last couple of days.

Edit: Or maybe it was this

We’re hoping some of these changes will help make the event more clear and enjoyable. We’ll keep an eye on things and continue to adjust the game as needed. Our goal is to host a fun event where you get to explore and use Steam in new and interesting ways, but it’s clear that this time around we could’ve done better. To help make up for all this, for everyone who was active on day 1 we’re going to increase the max points you can earn by 1000, and further increase this by another 1000 for everyone who was active on day 2 (so if you were active on both days, you’ll be able to earn another 2000 points). This will increase the maximum number of points you can earn through completing quests or achievements in your games, which you’ll then be able to spend at the Pit Stop.

4 years ago*

peek users online the other day was 15M...
if 50% join race
if 1/3 join the top 3 race groups
its around 1/2000000 to win a prize
complete waste of time

4 years ago

points per day:
looks like i lost 1 day
i dont bue anything even on market during sale, so why i got 1100 today?

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.