Lazy Christmas 2017

🗝 Steam Keys & Steam Wish

2,018 Steam keys for games from our previous Bundles. Yes, even for the Greenlit games.
Five of you will each get to choose any Steam game in the Steam Store worth $50 at most.

What to do:

1. Fill in the form "Steam Keys and Steam Wish application accepted here." (it's the one right below of the counter) until December 31, 2017 (Only one entry per person).
  2. If you are one the 2018 Steam keys winners, you will receive your key within the first week of the year 2018 to the email address entered in the form above.
  3. In addition to that, five of the winners will each get to choose any Steam game in the Steam Store worth $50 at most.

Steam Keys and Steam Wish prizes were sent out on January 7, 2018. Thank you all for participating. We're looking forward to the next year!

🎅 Secret Santa

All it takes to get one Steam key is to give one Steam key.

What to do:

1. Scroll to the bottom of the page where it says "Secret Santa application accepted here."
  2. Fill in the form until the end of December 24, 2017 (Only one entry per person), providing:
    • a working Steam key that you would like to give away
    • the name of the game
    • a link to your Steam profile
  3. You will receive a Secret Santa key (from another participant) on December 25, 2017 to the email address provided in your application.

🐧 Steam Random

Henry and his friends will, on random basis, show you a new Steam key (above). Be the fastest to activate it and the game is yours.

What to do:

1. The penguin in the top right corner of the page holding a wooden board will have a new key at random times.
  2. Be the fastest to activate it. Good luck!

Keys so far (all dupes by now):
Key: FVRKD-AVLRP-7XL9N, Tomato Jones 2
Key: HDBRA-9AOYC-7X2ZF, Ra²
Key: ILCL2-2T4GH-VT0HR, Hero of the Kingdom II
Key: K88RN-KAGOI-A7JLE, Take Thy Throne
Key: 42RI0-IHZJ7-V8RTD, Run Rabbit Run
Key: Q9NRG-D533R-OJKYX, Of Carrots And Blood
Key: A9XNW-PF6XJ-4XJFF, Off Road Drive
Key: 3E3WC-TH8W5-FZHJA, The Construct
Key: Y6KZB-92A00-4MVGG, Lost Crew: Terminal
Key: 487GK-QPQWV-GVG3F, Operation KREEP
Key: POVIF-6KAT4-4PN93, Tequila Zombies 3
Key: VT38K-GZYLD-ERZ9W, Pulse Shift

LAZY CHRISTMAS 2017 – TERMS

1 Application for Steam Keys and Steam Wish is accepted until the end of December 31, 2017.
2 There's only one entry per person allowed for the Steam Keys and Steam Wish giveaway. Breaking this rule guarantees you disqualification.
3 Steam Keys and Steam Wish winners will be chosen within the first week of the year 2018 on a random basis.
4 Steam Keys and Steam Wish winners will be contacted within 3 calendar days after they were successfully chosen to the email address they provided in their application.
5 Applicaton for Secret Santa is accepted until the end of December 24, 2017.
6 There's only one entry per person allowed for the Secret Santa event.
7 Secret Santa gifts are planned to be sent out on December 25, 2017 to your email address provided in your application. We reserve more time in case we receive more applications than planned.
8 Email address you provide in either of the forms is only used to contact you in an even of winning (Steam Keys or Steam Wish) and/or to send you your Secret Santa gift (Steam Key). All data provided are stored securely and used only by us, LazyGuysStudio, for purposes of Lazy Christmas 2017.

6 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

How Lazy will you be this Christmas?

View Results
This seems like a fun event, I'm taking part in both "Secret Santa" and "Steam Keys & Steam Wish"
I hate Secret Santa events, therefore I'm entering only for "Steam Keys & Steam Wish".
I'm not a lucky person and I will probably not win any of those 2018 keys, therefore I will try only the "Secret Santa" - at least there I'll get something in return.
I'm just gonna refresh the page from time to time, hoping that the penguin will show me a nice and non-duplicated key.
I find this whole thing too complicated, I'm not taking part in any of this.
Why did they not release a Christmas Bundle instead of this event?

I got screencheat, I had a copy I was yet to activate.
A bit better than I expected.

6 years ago

Got Battlerite... a f2p game that i already own (they gave free keys before going f2p)...
I expected nothing and I'm still let down.

6 years ago

I'm extremely sorry to hear your situation. We tried to minimise the risk and actually refused a number of entries. I can see it still wasn't enough and that's what doesn't make me happy. If we do this next year we'll apply our knowledge from this year's Secret Santa and I hope we'll be able to minimise the risk even more. I'll get in touch with your Secret Santa, explain them the situation and kindly ask for a Steam key that goes by our rules to make it fair. I'll inform you once I have a reply from them :)

6 years ago

It's not your fault, you are doing a terrific job, can;t complain about that, just some people don't share the same Christmas spirit as others.
It is an awesome idea and thanks for making it happen, I will take a part in 2018 too if you do the Secret Santa again :)
Happy Holidays

6 years ago*

Key: 487GK-QPQWV-GVG3F | Status: Fail/DuplicateActivationCode | Items: [95149, Operation KREEP]

6 years ago

Received Way of Redemption, which was given away for free a few weeks ago. But since I missed that, I'm totally okay with it and used my Secret Santa's profile to thank him.

Thanks for the event @ LazyGuys/Mirek!

6 years ago

Received Minion Masters key.... Nothing more to say.

QI?HT-6JFDC-8?YX3

? = E, if incredibly someone doesnt have it.

6 years ago

Used, thanks

6 years ago

I got Huntsman: the Orphanage, a game I actually didn't have so I was pleased. Thanks for doing all this.

6 years ago

i got Out of the Park Baseball 18 from Nonobisha

Gracias Nonobisha :)

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

6 years ago

Was it one you owned when you signed up?
I had thought that's why they had us attach a Steam profile.

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

The main reason why we needed your Steam profile link is so we can let the person whose Secret Santa you are to know who they got it from :) On the other hand the idea you suggested doesn't sound bad. However it would need the API to be implemented asking for a permission to read information (list of the games) from your profile.

6 years ago

I thanked mine. :)
Good point, I didn't think about that we never actually verified the account.

6 years ago

You don't need any permission for reading the list of owned games, but this will work only on public profiles.
For this purpose there is a Steam API function: GetOwnedGames

However, even if you would make a request like the one above for every participant and then implement an algorithm that will randomly assign the available keys to users that do not own the games already, there will still be a lot of participants that will not be able to benefit from that.

6 years ago

Thank you. Good point. We should crack on the next year! However, what if the said profile is set to private?

edit: Oh. I see: Private, friends-only, and other privacy settings are not supported unless you are asking for your own personal details (ie the WebAPI key you are using is linked to the steamid you are requesting)

6 years ago*

Gave Puzzle Agent 2 and got Hard Room, not bad i guess

6 years ago

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago*

+1

6 years ago

As discussed above it would need you to authorise your account using Steam API. We're open to this possibility for the next year though :) However the main issue is to minimise the risk of someone applying with a key that doesn't follow the rules even more.

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

We personally made sure to minimise the risk to the maximum possible level we could. We've removed many entries – duplicate entries using different accounts/email addresses, entries with keys from massive giveaways, etc. – that didn't follow the rules. There will, however, never be a way to ensure zero possible risk. I've personally clearly addressed the comments from users made in this thread with my apology and contacted their Secret Santa to resolve this issue. We even went beyond that and provided a present from our resources (in two cases so far) in this free event designed and described as simple one to one exchange on Secret Santa principles, and promised to do so in specified situations in the comments to the users in previous comments. So far there were around 3 participants who received a key for a game they already own and around 5 participants with a different issue – out of hundreds of participants. As for giving a key you already have as Secret Santa and receiving another key for a game you already have there are always limited possibilities for that too. There may be a user who has most of the games that were submitted and if there's more of them it would be tricky to decide who gets a key they already have and who doesn't – as sensualshakti pointed out in the comment above too. It's a fair point we didn't require you to log-in using Steam API which would be the only way to ensure minimising the risk in this area. Thus applying the measures as discussed in this comment and above comments.

6 years ago*

Deleted

6 years ago

I respect your opinion. However here's a question. How can you ensure you have not received a duplicate/invalid Steam key without actually activating it? Thus, as I stated, there will never be a way to ensure zero possible risk.

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

This event wasn't design in such a way you have to buy a new key to give it away nor for people to go through hundreds of entries with lists resulting in thousands of games gifting them the right key which may – with high possibility – end up in a situation where person has no right key to gift back. It was designed to give a key from the ones you own and haven't used.

As for the second paragraph, there's one more question I have. There are two people and two keys. Both of these people already own one of these keys. Now, how do you decide who gets the key they already own and who gets the key they don’t own yet?

6 years ago*

Deleted

6 years ago

That is a real world situation which is a result of simple combinatorics combined with not being able to – and not even trying to since people shouldn't do that – control/manipulate every single person to enter the right key that is needed. So those are my two questions.

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

have you ever had a trade go bad? maybe won a game on SG and not gotten it? heck even just being on the site can have people trying to scam you and add you on steam.
there is a risk in everything, you could inhale the next time you take a drink or trip over your own foot walking.
The fact that this person made a holiday secret Santa and it succeed with a few flaws is wonderful and I applaud them

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

so it has to be perfect, no flaws at all. ok I await yours next year no flaws no issues no limits on how many people can join.
you dont ever get this in games you buy for 60 bucks, please check how entitled you sound

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

oh i see, if they had fine print stating that you might get a game that you already have or even none at all you'd be ok, cause you would have signed up under those clauses right?
what i am saying is YOU make a secret santa next year with no issues at all since you have it all worked out already.

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

next year I'll be looking for it, since it is already made should be easy right?
edit- nice blacklist bro, funny how I googled and nothing came up for santa under your name weird..
Have a good one. Merry Christmas. all that jazz. feel free to join any of MY giveaways, your ego isn't enough for me to blacklist you

6 years ago*

How can you see someones blacklist? :O
I don't understand the attitude of robilar here.. it's not like he gave his fortune and a liver to participate (sure sounds like it though)
It's just a fun christmas event and what you got is a present after all.

6 years ago

i checked my blacklists and got one that day, checked his giveaways and are blacklisted. 1+1
yea I'm proud this community can come together and make something like this of course its not 100% perfect nothing is.

6 years ago

Until steam makes an API to check keys without redeeming them, th y are correct, therr's little to nothing they can do to ensure keys work.

6 years ago

Thanks for this!
Happy holidays to al!

6 years ago

Boo, got Outlast which was given away for free in September :\ Not only that but it had a redemption deadline of October so it's probably no good (not even going to check).

Edit: v Still a free key, still crummy even if it works.

6 years ago*

They keys should still work, the redemption deadline was just to click the button to reveal the key on HB.

6 years ago

I got Civ III Complete from my Secret Santa.

I already own this game, but knowing how big this event was I knew there was a possibility to get a dupe game.

Thank you LazyGuys for doing this event! Hope you all had a wonderful Holiday!

6 years ago

where do i submit the key? the message box? i submitted the key without adding any key because i couldn't figure out where to add the key.

6 years ago

The Secret Santa event has ended. The form used for that purpose has now been removed.
All that's left is the Steam Wish application in which you don't need to post any keys. You can write in the message box the game you'd like to win though.

6 years ago

Took a while till I figured out the new key, but here it is:
POVIF-6KAT4-4PN93 (for Tequila Zombies 3)
I have the game, therefore I don't know if it's still valid.

6 years ago

I never received a gift from secret santa.

6 years ago

Write us an email as stated on our Lazy Christmas 2017 page and we'll resend you the key we sent out to you. Thank you :)

edit: Just replied to an email from you and resent the present.

6 years ago*

Heads up, looks like they sent out the Steam Keys/Wish part of it. I was pretty bummed about the Secret Santa free key I got but this put me in a better mood!

6 years ago

What didst thou get?

6 years ago

Operation KREEP, available from their Bundle 15: Imagination (and at least a few from others'). But that's about what I expected to get from their Secret Santa (and nothing from this one) so I'm happy.

6 years ago

I thought you meant the wish game, not thr secret santa.

6 years ago

I got a Secret Santa key, but it's a dupe.

Game title: Zonitron Production 10 Games Packs
Steam Key: 52HQQ-DHYL2-R5HQ3

Duplicate Product Code
The product code you've entered has already been activated by a different Steam account.

6 years ago

Looks like I haven't been chosen at all... What a bad luck :(
Why did I think I'll be getting a gift in the first place though? Hmm...

6 years ago

I found it, actually I won something from Steam Keys and Steam Wish, thank you.
Not my type of the game so dropping here for others:
Game Title: Samudai
Steam Key: DJXRT-VMAD0-CPV<>
< = 7

= 7

6 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.