Announcement:

I am truly sad, but this will be my last Jigidi for now. The reason is simple: Too many people are using an autosolver script. It got worse every month and i tolerated it as long as possible, but this month i had 10 solvers it the first 10 min after updating this thread. I am really sorry for everyone who really solves the puzzles. I will think in the next days about what other kind of puzzle i can create every month or maybe I can keep it going with some additional rules.

Hi, same procedure as every month: One puzzle, one 7-games-long-train and maybe a bonus.

Puzzle (252 pieces)

Spoiler GAs: Half Past Fate, Streets of Fury EX, Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince, Pathologic 2, Road Redemption, Struggling, RimWorld

Bonus:

Spoiler GAs: Extreme Exorcism, Four Sided Fantasy, Fantasy Versus, EarthNight, Gift of Parthax, Quantum Replica, StarCrossed

Please inform me, if i messed up somewhere!

Enjoy and stay healthy!

Lvl 2+
Duration: Ends Mar 5th, 6:00 pm (GMT+1)

Old Puzzles just for fun:

January

Old Dungeon just for fun:
Boo's Dungeon

6 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Yeah I thought there was something like that going on with the ridiculous times I have seen on other Jigi threads (400 pieces! come on!)
I don't get these people. All they do is spoil the fun of everyone else. It's not like they're getting games out of it. They get a chance to enter giveaways. Is that really worth it?
Oh well. I'll miss the Jigis but I get your decision.

3 years ago

Cheaters are often very selfish, so they don't think about others. Currently thinking about, if i can continue it with some rules (login + screenshot). The autosolver i know about, only works if you are not logged in. But i don't wanna create too much extra work or too much trouble for everyone else. Maybe i find something totally different or I just create an invite only giveway with no puzzle every month + a jigidi just for fun.

3 years ago

A login and screenshot doesn't seem like a whole lot of work but you know I depend on you for game-themed Jigis every month so i might not be the most objective person to ask. Maybe you should do a poll and ask people if they'd mind it terribly.

I'm also fine with just jigis for fun but that's just me

3 years ago

imho, its his event, he should make the decision and rules which works best for him. Its disappointing but its been a good run.
Cheers~

3 years ago

Oh I agree totally. I'll support Doc in whatever decision he makes. It's just not that much work to log in and provide screenshot for us.
And as long as he only checks the winner for proof and he doesn't have to run after everyone entering for screenshots and all, I guess it's not that much work for him either. That was just my point.

But hey as I said before, I only care about the Jigis. I have never won anything from any Jigi ever in 3 years on SG and I'm still solving them (even old ones) just for fun so i don't need GAs.

3 years ago

It was what i was going to suggest but its too much work on your end imho. I am not sure if you are able to see all the timings. Ask anyone participating for a screenshot of their Profile name logged in and time. Then invite them to an sgtools giveaway. However, you'll have to do the hard work of vetting all entries.

Tbh, from the list of ppl that participate, you basically can invite anyone that you want to invite since its your gift. :3
Dont stress on it. Take care <3
Cheers~

3 years ago

How about a necessary Jigi account and a screenshot of the solved puzzle? I think some Jigi GA creators required such a validation.
I'm not sure it was 100% cheater-proof, though.

3 years ago

Any winner not able to provide a proof or providing a screenshot with a 5-minute result to a 200+-piece jigi would be blacklisted.
That was just an addition to the potatobump :)

3 years ago

100% cheater-proof is never possible. But afaik the autosolver does not work if you are logged in. So currently thinking about the idea of keeping it going with extra rules (login + screenshot). The autosolver solves puzzles in seconds, but of course you can idle some time before to make it look legit.

3 years ago

Wouldn't expect the script to fail when logged in, huh. Second bump :)

3 years ago

1. It's only the 2nd time I heard of autosolvers, but as name implies, they still solve puzzles.
  2. Nothing but a programming knowledge would stop people using autosolvers from making an option to hold out on putting last puzzle piece in, and finalizing jigidi on whatever time is desired and deemed plausible.
    However if autosolver creator didn't distribute the code (making modifications would be way harder) and they wouldn't care about SG giveaways (they wouldn't bother putting such an option in probably, and other autosolver users aren't necessarily programmers), your 5-minute result solution could probably work for some time though.
3 years ago

Thanks for all the Jigidis. I really enjoyed them and solved several without even entering the GAs :P

3 years ago

You are welcome. Currently trying to find a way to keep it going. But if it gets too much work for me or everyone else, i might just create an invite-only giveaway every month for everyone + a Jigidi just for fun (no giveaway)

3 years ago

A final bump then for your monthly magnanimity. I hope you find better ways to be generous and for it not be exploited. I am skipping the giveaways this month, I have won some time-consuming titles recently, so trying to tackle those along with some other stuff from my backlog. I will still go solve the puzzle, though those scores are a bit daunting. Been enjoying some hands-on jigsaws recently, it's nice to feel the pieces in hand. :-)

3 years ago

Yes, real life jigsaws are stll so much better. Have a great weekend!

Congrats to Level 8!

3 years ago

We just purchased 3 more real life jigsaws online today! Can't wait for them to arrive! And thank you so much! You and so many others have been really inspirational for me on this site.

3 years ago

I guess not feeling bad about cheating is a talent, but probably not one I'd be glad to have...
A shame on cheaters bump.

3 years ago

A shame on cheaters thanks!

3 years ago

That's a shame that there are so many scripts and that it makes you stop. I was glad each month to see your new train and this month's puzzle was really fun.

3 years ago

Maybe i can keep it going with forcing the people to login + screenshot, but might be much less fun for everyone.

3 years ago

It is a possibility. I was following another weekly jigidi thread where OP was doing that

3 years ago

I always wondered how people had such short times for completion.
I kept trying to figure out different strategies to figure out what i was doing wrong.
Sorry to hear your giveaways are being scammed. Maybe there is some way to flag the people that get ridiculous times, and blacklist them?
Either way, thanks for the fun Jigi's! They've been a nice distraction this past year

3 years ago

The times in the leaderboard are probably all legit. People who use the autosolver are not logged in and the autosolver needs seconds too solve the puzzles. You can only blacklist them, if they are stupid and enter the giveaways too fast. So one possibility would be settings rules like login + screenshots or even a video, but i have to think about if it was worth the trouble.

3 years ago

Boo cheaters >:(

Bump

3 years ago

Thanks Kajo, have a good one!

3 years ago

Thank you for the puzzles

3 years ago

You are welcome!

3 years ago

POTATOBUMP

3 years ago

Potatothanks!

3 years ago

big puzzle bump. Thanks for the previous puzzles, didn't get to do too many of the bigger ones as not enough spare time but had fun doing what I could. Shame you have to stop.

3 years ago

Was fun as long it lasted. Maybe i find a workaround or something else every month

3 years ago

Potatobump

3 years ago

Potatothanks

3 years ago

Didnt know it was that bad and thank you for the jigis as it was a big experience for me here. I was wondering why it was hard to get on the top 10 list of solving.

3 years ago

The top 10 in the leaderboard are probably all legit. Autosolver solves puzzles in seconds and people who use it are not logged in.

3 years ago

Sad bump! I fully support the requirement to be logged-in and to make a screenshot, if you deem that reasonable. I think the only solution that would be almost 100% cheater-proof is requiring a video of solving the puzzle, but I'm not familiar with video capture software well enough to recommend anything in particular. I guess that would be too hardcore for many users anyway, unless there exists an especially easy-to-use and easy-to-install video capture application.

3 years ago

Not so difficult to create a video these days (you can use vlc player for example as screen recorder), but still too much work for many users. 100 % cheater-proof is usually not possible anyway. Link sharing for example is always a problem in puzzle giveaways and scripts can be updated to the requirements. Will think about what i do. Maybe i just turn the other cheek and open the monthly train for everyone and create the jigidi just for fun.

3 years ago

bump

3 years ago

Thanks again, have a good one!

3 years ago

my pleasure ^^

3 years ago

Hey Dr, what about making a invite-only group of "trustworthy" people/friends? Perhaps putting the jigis behind a level requirement that might not otherwise be reached by people prone to "cheating". I know it's not foolproof, and perhaps an over-generalisation, but I would assume the greater the level, the greater the chance of the user being legit (leeches and cheaters generally aren't the giving kind)

3 years ago

Cheaters and script users you find on every level. In general i don't want to make too many restrictions. One possibility would be setting rules like login + screenshots or even a video, but i have to think about if it was worth the trouble.

3 years ago

While there may be cheaters on every level, above 5, or at least 4, means they are pretty generous and integrated in SG. So I would assume there are less cheaters.

3 years ago

That's my thinking. They might be cheaters, but at least they're giving ones :P

3 years ago

Potato Bumpity! ^_^

3 years ago

To be honest, I'm a little glad to know that this is a script. All this time I thought I was a snail with my 40-50 min. Thank you so much for all these jigidi. It's amazing work! It was fun for me)

3 years ago

40-50 min is not bad for a 252 pieces puzzles. The top 10 in the leaderboard are probably all legit. They are just fast . Autosolver scripts solves puzzles in seconds and people who use it are usually not logged in.

3 years ago

bump

3 years ago

bump

3 years ago

Thanks for the bumps, have a good one!

3 years ago

View attached image.
3 years ago

Wünsche einen erholsamen Sonntag ;)

3 years ago

I'm sad to see this event go away, it was a nice break from these awful times. Thank you DrTenma :)

3 years ago

Sad as well, will think about it till next month, what i am gonna do.

3 years ago

I didn't even know there was a script D: I guess it's the right choice then.
Thank you very much for the giveaways!

3 years ago

The script i know about, came out a year ago. I was informed about it last november. A few cheaters i can tolerate. After all there probably already were some, who wrote there own script or people, who were leaking the giveaway link. But the numbers clearly went up the last two months. Maybe the jigidi events around christmas were a reason more people were looking for a way to cheat.

3 years ago

Well, some puzzles are really mean and long. I usually skip those. If I wanted to waste many hours, I'd go to work and buy the games with the money earned.
Increasing puzzle complexity is like raising taxes: honest people keep paying more and more, tax evaders keep laughing, then some honest people become evaders as well, so remaining honest people will pay even more taxes. No wonder people came up with these scripts.
Just avoid "guess what I have in my mind" kind of puzzles as well, please :D

3 years ago

Damn, that's too bad that it's our last monthly jigidi train :c
Welp, it was really awesome. Thanks for all the giveaways, and such a great monthly event ._

3 years ago

Thanks CptWest! Have a great week ahead!

3 years ago

Bump!

3 years ago

Thanks, have a good one!

3 years ago

Closed 3 years ago by DrTenma.