Announcement:

I am truly sad, but this will be my last Jigidi for now. The reason is simple: Too many people are using an autosolver script. It got worse every month and i tolerated it as long as possible, but this month i had 10 solvers it the first 10 min after updating this thread. I am really sorry for everyone who really solves the puzzles. I will think in the next days about what other kind of puzzle i can create every month or maybe I can keep it going with some additional rules.

Hi, same procedure as every month: One puzzle, one 7-games-long-train and maybe a bonus.

Puzzle (252 pieces)

Spoiler GAs: Half Past Fate, Streets of Fury EX, Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince, Pathologic 2, Road Redemption, Struggling, RimWorld

Bonus:

Spoiler GAs: Extreme Exorcism, Four Sided Fantasy, Fantasy Versus, EarthNight, Gift of Parthax, Quantum Replica, StarCrossed

Please inform me, if i messed up somewhere!

Enjoy and stay healthy!

Lvl 2+
Duration: Ends Mar 5th, 6:00 pm (GMT+1)

Old Puzzles just for fun:

January

Old Dungeon just for fun:
Boo's Dungeon

6 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Many thanks for the jigidis every month, always enjoy them. Sad to hear you won't be continuing them, but understandable from your end - cheaters suck. Best of luck whatever you decide, and thanks again.

3 years ago

Sad as well, maybe i find an alternative. Will think about it till next month.

3 years ago

Bumpity! ^_^

3 years ago

Thankitty!

3 years ago

It's been real, thanks for all the fun puzzles and good prizes!

3 years ago

Thanks Robby, have a great week ahead!

3 years ago

Sorry to hear that, never realized that autosolver script exists. But I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised about it, people like to make things easier afterall. :/ I hope we will have chance to enjoy some of your puzzles in the future again. :)
Thank you for your contribution! :3

3 years ago

Have to think about everything. I might still create a Jigidi next month, but there won't be a giveaway for solving it (just for fun) or extra rules.

3 years ago

Thanks for the puzzles and bump!

3 years ago

You are welcome, Kronos!

3 years ago

Bump

3 years ago

Thanks, have a good one!

3 years ago

bump

3 years ago

Thank you, have a great week ahead!

3 years ago

Thanks for the monthly giveaways.
Shame that some are taking advantage of your generosity.

3 years ago

You are welcome. Will think about everything in the next days and decide what I do.

3 years ago

bump

3 years ago

Thanks, have a good one!

3 years ago

Bump ~ Thanks for the puzzle gibs
I hope any of the top solvers are not using those scripts, as a human solver I spent more than 40 minutes on this xD

3 years ago*

Script users are not logged, so all on the leaderboard are probably legit. Have a great week!

3 years ago

Thanks, you too have a great week. Even though there is no 100% sure way, unless you ask for a puzzle solving video, I think there are ways to annoy the cheaters.
1- You can ask for a screenshot after completing the edges.
2- A second screenshot with the last 50 or so pieces left to complete the puzzle also the user can write something with the pieces.
3- A third screenshot of leaderboard showing the solver's login and time information.
4- Using a logged in jigidi user account must be a rule.
5- Screenshots should include the right info bar, showing the time progress and since the script has a heart icon there, posting that right bar will make sure the script is not active.
6- All legit entries should post the screenshots in order to get invited to the giveaway group. (I think otherwise you can't enforce your rules)

Example screenshots:
1- After completing the edges, I wrote "I LEGIT" with the pieces. These screenshots also include the right information bar.
2- This is supposed to be the last x pieces left to complete the puzzle, I wrote "II" with 16 pieces, should be about last 50 or more pieces left to complete to be a lot more annoying for the cheater or they can just reverse the process and post an ss with the last a few pieces left.
3- Last screenshot with the user and completion ttime information.

I perfectly understand if you decide not to continue doing jigidi giveaways anymore, thanks a lot for doing awesome job so far DrTenma.
I just wanted to help with this post, you might have already found better ways, just ignore this post in that case ^^

EDIT: I just noticed once you connect the puzzle pieces, you can't break them into pieces anymore. So asking for a last x pieces left screenshot from a logged in account with the right information bar should spot the cheaters I guess since the script does not solve like humans do. Btw, script doesn't work with a logged in account, so asking for the leaderboard screenshot with the user name and solution time is a working way for the moment. Also to bypass the problem with the SG rules, you can create a steam group and only invite the people who follow your rules to that group for the puzzle giveaway I guess, otherwise I think you can't enforce special rules for the winners.

View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
3 years ago*

Thanks Shindo for the suggestions and the screenshot examples. If you read some of my other comments here in the thread, you will see that i thought about login + screenshot rules as well. The login part might be mostly safe for now, but one user already checked and thinks it would be easy to get the known script working with login as well. After all i don't know why the script was created in the first place, it might even have be created just for steamgifts giveaways.
With midway screenshot rules i will always have the problem that some users will forget to do them. After all they are human ;) And then i would have to force them to do the whole puzzle again. Sg rules are not a really problem, i could just write these are my rules, and if a winner did not follow the rules, i could just take the "not received", blacklist winner and give the key away next month. Steam group would work as well, but extra work.

All in all i think login + screenshot as proof for login and completed could work for now, but maybe not forever. With your rules it would probably safer for longer, but i think some users won't do the puzzle cause of the extra work. Btw there are people who don't do the edges first.
So i am currently leaning to a more "turn the other cheek" decision. I will open the train with a simple bot-protection to everyone.(I might increase the level requirement to level 3 to keep it under 1000 entries) I will still create the jigidi, but just for fun (after all this was the reason i created them in the first place). Kinda like a "Jigidi just for fun"- corner in the thread. I might encourage others to share their game-themed jigidis as well or take requests for jigidis for specific games. Don't know yet.

3 years ago

Users who have a Jigi account will have the puzzle in their backlog on the site. Getting a screenshot there isn't hard if they don't take it on the spot.

It'd suck for you to take a hit to your account over this.

edit: I agree with pretty much everything Shindo wrote. I'm sure you'll come up with something suitable. Love your Jigis!

3 years ago*

I wasn't aware such a script existed before reading your post, but I can understand a programmer might do it just for the sake of doing it as a challenge, indeed making it available to public and regularly updating it to make it work with the site changes is kind of weird.

At the moment, the script doesn't work with login and it solves the puzzles in a few seconds. So asking for the leaderboard screenshot with login info and solving time will make it a bit annoying for the cheaters, they need to modify the script to make it work with login and idle for 30+ minutes to make it look real. This might be the easiest solution for you without any additional work. I only suggested creating a steam group because you seem to answer every single post and if someone posts the screenshots you can just click on the user name and invite them to the group, it might take only a few seconds. Well after considering the number of entries even a few seconds for each person can cost you 1 to 3 hours of work. Asking for the screenshot only from the winner is the easiest solution for you but even a cheater can solve the puzzle after they know they won the giveaway for sure and provide the screenshot.

You can also make the jigidi solution link point to the lowest value giveaway and ask for the screenshots under that giveaway. Either you invite the people who posted the ss to a steam group for the train or not force it and just give a itstoohard gateway for the rest of the train in the giveaway description is your choice. The former requires extra effort. Anyway this is the type of thing that is in my mind:

https://www.jigidi.com/created.php?id=L9SQGXUR

There are giveaways for the Artifex Mundi, Time Mysteries games in the link (level 3 minimum), anyone is welcome to join even though I made it as an example xD

3 years ago*

Loved the puzzles as always! Sorry to hear you're stopping the jigidis due to people that can't play fair!

3 years ago

Not sure yet, what i do. But i might still create jigidis just for fun.

3 years ago

I'm looking forward to seeing whatever you come up with! ^^

3 years ago

Oh man, this is sad. Just as i returned to this site. I used to solve your jigidis listening to podcasts.
Thank you for all the games you shared with this community.
Have a nice day!

3 years ago

Thanks, Adelius, have a great week!

3 years ago

Why can't we have anything nice? :crying emojie:
Thanks doc for all the many puzzles, the gibs, your and time and thought. It's very understandable why you prefer that all of those are not wasted on script runners.

3 years ago

Was fun as long it lasted ;)

After the current puzzle is over, will think about what i do next month

3 years ago

Bump for solved!

3 years ago

Thank you, have a pleasant week!

3 years ago

Bump and thanks!

3 years ago

Thanks for bumping, have a good one!

3 years ago

I am also sad. Thank you for the puzzles and have a bump :)

3 years ago

Thank you for the bump, have a great week!

3 years ago

Thanks for ride, bump.

3 years ago

Thanks, have a good one!

3 years ago

What a shame - I donΒ΄t get people πŸ‘Ίβ˜Ή
0:24 for the last potatoes. Thx for all the fun & train rides !

3 years ago

Some people like the easy way even if it is the wrong way and hurts others.

Have a great week!

3 years ago

Thank You, I admire the way you handle things.
Welcome to my πŸ’™, hope I can return some fun in the future ..

3 years ago

Thank you for all the Jigidis, Dr. Tenma.
I'll leave you with a quote said by your namefellow: "When you're in the darkness, you only sink deeper into it. Keep the light shining."

3 years ago

You are welcome, that's a good one.

Have a pleasant week!

3 years ago

I hope you can figure something out. I always look forward to your update every month.Why do some folks gotta ruin things for everyone else? =/

What about a Steamgroup?

3 years ago

Steam group + rules like login and screenshot are a possiblity, but i have to think about if it is worth the extra trouble for me and everyone else. I just wrote a longer comment to it here

3 years ago

Bump !

3 years ago

Thanks Khayta, have a great week!

3 years ago

That's sad to hear. I always enjoyed your jigidi threads and i really hope you come up with something so you can keep them going.

3 years ago

Currently i am leaning to keep the jigidis going, but just for fun. And the giveaway train will be open for everyone every month.

3 years ago

bump, maybe you can try itstoohard?

3 years ago

Thanks for bump. Yes, but itstoohard are different kind of puzzles

3 years ago

I will miss your monthly jigsaws :|

View attached image.
3 years ago

I might still create jigsaws, but not with giveaways

View attached image.
3 years ago

View attached image.
3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

3 years ago

Think so as well, i don't want to start a fight i cannot win in the end and other people suffer ...ok, creating screenshots + login + joining a group is not exactly suffer, but extra work ;)
So like wrote in this comment, i will probably just do the opposite and open the train for everyone and create jigdis just for fun (After all that's why we play games afaik)

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

3 years ago

Closed 3 years ago by DrTenma.