December 2019 Humble Choice

06 Dec 2019 - 03 Jan 2020

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg - Lestrades

๐Ÿ“… Important dates

• ๐Ÿ’ณ December 27th, 2019: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• ๐Ÿ“† January 3rd 2020: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Friday of every month)

โš ๏ธ Region lock โš ๏ธ

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

• RU/CIS + Turkey + India + Argentina + Brazil - Albania, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Georgia, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Macedonia, Republic of Moldova, Montenegro, Russian Federation, Serbia, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan
    Activates as "Shadow of the Tomb Raider [Game only] (RU/CIS+)"
    Run-lock: can only be played in those countries
  • Everyone else: ROW (activates everywhere)

Blasphemous

• RU/CIS - Albania, Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Republic of Moldova, Macedonia, Serbia, Russian Federation, Turkmenistan, Turkey, Ukraine, Uzbekistan
  • South America - Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, French Guiana, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Paraguay, El Salvador, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
  • Asia - Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, India, Japan, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Republic of Korea, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Mongolia, Macau, Malaysia, Nepal, Philippines, Pakistan, Singapore, Thailand, Tajikistan, Taiwan, Vietnam
  • Africa + ME - United Arab Emirates, Afghanistan, Angola, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Burundi, Benin, Botswana, The Democratic Republic of the Congo, Central African Republic, Congo, Cote d'Ivoire, Cameroon, Algeria, Egypt, Western Sahara, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, Gambia, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Israel, Iraq, Islamic Republic of Iran, Jordan, Kenya, Cambodia, Comoros, Kuwait, Lebanon, Liberia, Lesotho, Libya, Morocco, Mali, Mauritania, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Oman, Palestinian Territory, Qatar, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Sierra Leone, Senegal, Somalia, Samoa, Syrian Arab Republic, Eswatini, Chad, Togo, Tunisia, Trinidad and Tobago, United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, Yemen, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe
  • Everyone else: ROW (activates everywhere)

Warning: Shadow of the Tomb Raider is just the base game, even though the Steam library and store entries have been renamed to "Definitive Edition". It does not contain the Season Pass or other DLC. On Steam the missing DLC can be bought in one purchase via this bundle.

ย 

Extras to claim for your games:

!addlicense ASF 371339,402433,317880

ย 

How do I generate a Gift Link now?

On the "Choose your games" page, you click a game, scroll down and click "gift to friend" instead of "get game". Then you see the usual region lock notification about countries that receive a different game version than you do or do not receive the game, and you can pick between generating a gift link or sending the game via email.
"Get game" will instantly reveal the key and NOT simply add the game to your Downloads page for this bundle.

Note: The guess / leak for Void Bastards is NOT included.

ย 

๐ŸŽฎ Games:

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
Shadow of the Tomb Raider 79% of 14149 โค ๐Ÿ† ? CV app/750920 W M L 0 $?
Blasphemous 85% of 2780 โค ๐Ÿ† 24.99 CV app/774361 W 0 $24.99
Phantom Doctrine 74% of 1829 โค ๐Ÿ† 39.99 CV app/559100 W 0 $39.99
Dead In Vinland 81% of 466 โค ๐Ÿ† 19.99 CV app/573120 W M 0 $19.99
Horizon Chase Turbo 95% of 962 โค ๐Ÿ† 19.99 CV app/389140 W M L 0 $19.99
Dark Future: Blood Red States 82% of 114 โค ๐Ÿ† 24.99 CV app/370870 W 0 $24.99
Desert Child 84% of 38 โค ๐Ÿ† 11.99 CV app/844050 W M L 0 $11.99
Aegis Defenders 75% of 91 - ๐Ÿ† 19.99 CV app/371140 W M 0 $19.99
X-Morph: Defense 92% of 970 โค ๐Ÿ† 0.00 CV โ˜  app/408410 W 0 $19.99
Ancestors Legacy 79% of 2129 โค ๐Ÿ† 5.25 CV app/620590 W 0 $34.99

Extras: Arrog - DRM-free Game

Retail:

• $216.91 + ?

๐Ÿ’ธ Subscription + Bonuses

ย  Lite Basic Premium Classic
Per month $4.99 $14.99 $19.99 -
Per year $44.99 $134.99 $179.99 $132.00
Games to keep 0 3 9 10
Choice No Yes Yes Yes
Humble Trove Yes Yes Yes Yes
Humble Store discount 10% 10% 20% 20%
Originals Limited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited

In some regions, a sale tax is applied (example)

Note: There has been recent quiet changes to the non-Classic subscription costs for non-USD regions: regional pricing is now a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. More info here.

๐Ÿ“ Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

๐Ÿ“– Informative links

Humble Choice FAQ
Official HB FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

๐Ÿฐ Thanks to luckz for helping with the poll!

4 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Did you really have a choice?

View Results
[Recurring subscription] Iโ€™m a big fan of what the X-Monthly Morphed into.
[New subscription] Home for the holidays, ready to Raid some Tombs!
[Maybe subscribe] Baby, itโ€™s cold outside, how about some games to warm me up?
[Have] Own those, thanks. Nowโ€ฆ first to the sled gets the gingerbread!
[Pausing] My house is under Elf Surveillance, I have to pause all activity and lay low until January (financial hibernation included).
[Non-subscriber, will not buy] Santa Claus is coming to town, we don't need no IGN!
[Complaint] How can you take the surprise out of the Monthly for Christmas of all times?

rip, no void bastards :(

4 years ago

Finally no Void Bastards...

4 years ago

Ok...

Really don't see the 18โ‚ฌ value here...

4 years ago*

For the $12 / $11 people pay it looks alright.

4 years ago

USD, yes. But my currency is CAD. Plus HB has been charging sale tax to Canadian customers for a little while. It's almost 20$ for me. If that Tomb Raider is "only" the vanilla edition and not the definitive one, that would be the same thing as getting it on sale. Sure, there are other games too... but apart from a bit of interest in Blasphemous, I couldn't care less about the rest. So... yeah. I'm not sure if I should pause or not.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

It's Definitive Edition. The thumbnail for the Choice says so and I've got the DE too after claiming the key.

4 years ago

Yeah, except that... look at this comment. Wait. I'm gonna copy-pasta it:

"On the Humble page when you select it, it says:

Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition will only include the base game. This does not include the Definitive Upgrade, Croft Edition Extras, or Deluxe Extras.

Which I think is what we eventually surmised."

So it really looks like it's the base game, despite activating as the definitive edition.

4 years ago

i'm dumb and still don't understand what humble choice gives... 1 game from list?

4 years ago

You pay 4.49โ‚ฌ a month and get 0 games.
Or 14โ‚ฌ a month and get any 3...
Or 18โ‚ฌ and any 9 of them...

4 years ago

Yeah I must be dumb too because I'll rather pay $0 for 0 games than $4.49.

4 years ago

Access to Trove's 90ish DRM-free games + 10% store discount is in Lite, even though people just love to ignore everything that is not Steam.

4 years ago

You can get all of Trove at any time with a single payment. The 10% discount would require buying $45 worth of games every month. Neither seems like a very good reason to subscribe.

4 years ago

It's good as the "You pay 4.49โ‚ฌ a month" if you buy it for a month, this is why it's not 0 game as Ekaros wrote. It's cool for a month, and as we were talking about it as per month, it does not include buying multiple months.At least not in how I understand that sentence - like knowing a food's price/ piece doesn't imply how many someone will buy, that's up for the buyer.

The $44.99 a year for Lite - now that is really something that has close to 0 benefit after the first month, only the trove changes and the discount (which is like you said, best if used in one go, like on a sale)

4 years ago

See Subscription + Bonuses in this thread, or the FAQ thread. You can get 0 or 3 or 9; grandfathered in subscribers 10.

4 years ago

thanks!

4 years ago

i see
LITE: โ‚ฌ4.49/month or โ‚ฌ39.99/year
BASIC: โ‚ฌ13.99/month or โ‚ฌ124.99/year
PREMIUM: โ‚ฌ17.99/month or โ‚ฌ159.99/year

4 years ago

i've got Classic and before they let me even look at the games i had to claim each one-- a side effect i didn't count on is that they forced keys instead of offering a choice to make a gift link. they might be phasing those out, hm?

4 years ago

You can give gifts!

4 years ago

You can select "Gift to Friend" on the page, which will give you a gift link, or "Get Game" if you would rather have a key.

4 years ago

crap, i missed that and now i'm stuck with keys. thanks for the info, i'll pay more attention next time.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Let me get this straight. When did you buy all the keys revealed to you or just have no option to create a gift link?

4 years ago

SquireZed corrected me in this comment already: https://www.steamgifts.com/go/comment/78nf06i

if you claim your games on the picking page it gives you keys, there's apparently a button to create a giftlink on the same page i just missed it.

4 years ago

is shadow of the tomb raider is Definitive Edition? or only base game?

4 years ago

It is base game.

4 years ago

fk, if only base game, it's not worth

4 years ago

You can only buy the definitive edition on steam so it wouldn't make sense to put the base game. Unless Enix makes a really scummy move.

4 years ago

yeh, idk if they only get base game

4 years ago

It is the definitive edition. (EDIT: Okay Jury is out on this and might not be. Still confused.)

I activated it: "Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition is already in your Steam library"

4 years ago*

proove? can you make a screenshot. Im just about to decide hether to redeem this or not

4 years ago

Why would I lie? I just copy/pasted that from the store page after activating my key.

The Definitive Edition doesn't include the 3 extra DLCs apparently.

4 years ago*

Deleted

4 years ago

ohh, why there are some different happening?

4 years ago

I wonder if it's just saying that because you already have the Definitive Edition. That is, you're activating the base game, but it's saying you already have the Definitive edition, so it won't activate a new key for the base game. Just a thought.

And it just makes a lot more sense that the bundle would contain the base game.

4 years ago

No, I didn't already own the game.

It's weird actually. If you look here, the โ‚ฌ60 game is listed as "The Definitive Edition" then you have a "definitive edition upgrade" which is something separate. That's confusing.

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/12231/Shadow_of_the_Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Edition/

4 years ago

You dont have the definitive edition. In steam store page you can buy the definitive edition. The appid is the same. If you check your licenses you have the base game.

4 years ago

Okay, I think that the only game available on Steam is the Definitive Edition (appID 750920), but it does not include the extras from the other items in the Definitive Edition bundle (bundle 12231) which contains, among other things, the Definitive Upgrade (appID 849262) which contains more content, etc.

As far as I can tell...

[Edit: So I think it's accurate to say that you have the "base game," which is now called the Definitive Edition. Which is confusing af. Presumably it's different from / better than the original SotTR that first came out.]

4 years ago*

Definitier

Sorted? :D

4 years ago

So I think it's accurate to say that you have the "base game," which is now called the Definitive Edition.

Correct. And the giveaway list "Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition" is pointing towards the base game app id, the issue is that there are so many DE packages out there, that staff likely can't reorganize the giveaway list to reflect the proper association between the game versions. That said, staff should probably get the title manually edited, at least, to avoid confusion.

4 years ago

To be more clear, you actually get this and not this

4 years ago

Yeah... but... on the Steam page of the first Definitive edition you linked, it does say that it contains all DLC content... which is exactly what the Definitive bundle has. O_o

View attached image.
4 years ago

Thats the store page of the game. The reason the store page says definitive edition is because you can only buy definitive edition. You cannot buy normal edition. The first link is for for base game subid. (The one you get when you redeem HB game) The second link is of definitive edition bundle which you can buy on steam.

And to be clear, the first link isnt definitive edition. It says "Shadow of the Tomb Raider".

4 years ago

And to be clear, the first link isnt definitive edition. It says "Shadow of the Tomb Raider".

Oh my. For some reason, I didn't see that. Even if it's splattered in big, white letters. O_o Still, Steam linking to the definitive edition and saying that it's included in the package is misleading. Ah well.

Heck. Humble is still advertising the Definitive Edition on their Twitter page, as part of the HB Choice. They should update the image then. I asked them to confirm that it was indeed only the base game. Still waiting for an official reply.

Edit: just saw the post below. Damn. Well that's a pause for me.

4 years ago

If it's not Definitive Edition, they should not list it as DE. Otherwise it's scam. Well...

4 years ago

How? If you buy it on steam and get definitive edition you get what you pay for. If you buy just base game somewhere else. And you see that the store page says definitive edition. Now you still got what you paid for. But for some reason you think you deserve more because two words on a page that not even connected to what you should get.

Imagine it didnt say Definitive edition in the store name, but you still could only buy definitive edition on steam. The difference is minor and you are just hung up on two words thats part of a name thats connected to what you get when you buy it on steam.

4 years ago*

On the Humble page when you select it, it says:

Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition will only include the base game. This does not include the Definitive Upgrade, Croft Edition Extras, or Deluxe Extras.

Which I think is what we eventually surmised.

4 years ago

Ah okay. :) Thank you

4 years ago

I do find this interesting though: https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/593112/shadow-of-the-tomb-raider-definitive-edition-steam#/shortdesc

Check out the price vs Steam, and it requires a Steam account.

4 years ago

Wow, that just looks wrong on the part of Square Enix!
Although, hmm....the Definitive Edition bundle is priced at US$59.36. So it's cheaper to buy the bundle with all of the extras than just the base game? *ponder*

4 years ago

Exactly.

When I looked up how big the base game download is, it says that it's 24.8 GB. But... my download from Steam is 35.8GB. Makes me think that Humble is wrong and it does indeed include everything like it says on Square Enix store... and they forgot to update the bundle package on the Steam store. LOL! Oh the confusion. XD (Humble has been wrong before, but heck I dunno. I don't really care about the DLCs honestly, just intriqued by the mystery haha.)

4 years ago

More likely is that the data size they mentioned is outdated and some patches etc. result in the base game being much bigger now.

4 years ago

I activated my key and when I look at the bundle, it only shows "Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition" as "in Library," not the other three items. At least for me, the other DLC is not there.

4 years ago

But you can't buy the base game.
It's not sold anymore for a price that would reflect it having less content than the Definitive.
We don't even know what MSRP to assume here.

4 years ago

Right-- you can no longer buy the base game separately, and the full bundle costs less than the base game used to.

4 years ago

... which is why we also have no idea what MSRP to put in the thread.

4 years ago

I got base game and in a store page its says too that i got Def Edition. Check here, do you have DLC with mark "in library" https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/12231/Shadow_of_the_Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Edition/

4 years ago

It is the definitive edition

4 years ago

Its not, Def Edition is same as Croft edition meaning it contains all DLCs. Humble version got none of the DLCs. Scratch that, basically publisher named base game as Definitive Edition despite having zero extra content, its hilarious from them really.

4 years ago

You might be right, not that I care that much!

Verry retarded way to name the game edition but what ever.

4 years ago

its a bit scummy from them, i definitely feel that some buyers will believe in Definition of edition and buying game as good deal, only then to find out that you got to buy DLC to make your game like extra Definitive because yeah, its not really Definitive right now, lol.

4 years ago*

Its not scummy of them. On steam you cannot buy the normal version, just the definitive edition. Thats why there isnt diffrent appids.

4 years ago

i get it now, still sad though, i knew that they will never give dlc upgrade to previous owners but why all of the sudden base game owners is definitive edition owners without any difference? just makes more confusion

4 years ago

Base game owners is not definitive edition owners without any difference. The only difference is that the name on the storepage is changed. Your license and name in library is still for base game.

4 years ago

It doesn't mean if You can or cannot buy the base game. If You got the base game and it's called Definitive, it's scam. No matter what is the reason. Somehow Ori doesn't have that problem. It has both edition, but You can't buy the base. Problem solved. Every people who bought the bundle and it says Definitive Edition, should got whole package, no matter what.

4 years ago

I have explained it in more detail here

Its not called Definitive Edition on the license you actually get. But I agree its confusing if you dont understand what they have done. They should have just had the normal store name without the word definitive edition and then explain that you buy the definitive edition. Why its a bundle and not a sub I could only guess the reason is because previous owners will get it cheaper if they own base game. If they whould have done a new store page you would have to pay for the "game" itself twice.

4 years ago

I think if you buy from Steam you get the Definitive Edition + DLCs (as you would expect). If you get a key from before they changed the name, then you get the Standard Edition (i.e. no DLC). So for new buyers it is not confusing.

4 years ago

Happy Cake / Factory Day!!!

4 years ago

4 years ago

Wishing u a happy cake day!

4 years ago

4 years ago

Yeah, you may be right. Very sneaky way for them to name the game imo. I don't really care about DLCs that much as a rule, but if you're right, it's kinda shady lol.

4 years ago

This would be a good use of the edit feature, to not confuse readers from the future as much.

~~text~~ = strikethrough
like this

4 years ago

Jury is still out on it given the image on the page, so I just put an EDIT there. I guess it will require downloading to know for sure, but download is almost 36GB. Don't feel like downloading that right now on my laptop since I don't intend to play it right away.

4 years ago

I just checked the store page. When I clicked the bundle on the store page you can see that only the base game is highllghted. The dlcs are not included.

4 years ago

I got the game called "Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition", but I didn't get the bundle called "Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition" (yeah, the same name), that meaning I don't have the three DLCs:

• Shadow of the Tomb Raider - Deluxe Extras
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider - Croft Edition Extras
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider - Definitive Upgrade
4 years ago*

Yes, it confused me also ...

4 years ago

i see, this time square enix make things weird and fking annoyed

4 years ago

Square Enix removed the base game for sale, so now it's only listing is the Definitive Edition on the store. Technically it's not the Definitive Edition, but that's the only listing there is now on the store. The base game is what's being given in the HB Monthly. HB actually listed what's in the HB Choice correctly.

4 years ago

So, if I win this game and mark it as received, is everything all right, I will not break the rules of SG? Although I will get only the base game, not the definitive edition.

4 years ago

The only listing we have in our database to create a GA is app 750920, which is the one being given by the Humble Choice. So you should be fine.

app 12231 is a bundle on Steam that gives the actual Definitive Edition which includes the Definitive Upgrade DLC.
https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/12231/Shadow_of_the_Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Edition/

app 849262 is what we have in the database for just the Definitive Upgrade DLC.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/849262/Shadow_of_the_Tomb_Raider__Definitive_Upgrade/

4 years ago*

Ok, thanks.

4 years ago

You're welcome, glad I could help answer your question. Hope you have a great day Mightman.

4 years ago

What a f.ckup on the Steam store page. The "Definitive Upgrade" requires the base game Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition :-/ Meanwhile the Definitive Edition's description blatantly misrepresents the contents if you activated the base game only (which is what Humble gives you) stating: Combining the base game, all seven DLC challenge tombs, as well as all downloadable weapons, outfits, and skills. It does not.

4 years ago

Sad for Void Bastards sniff. I was (again) hoping for MHW or Nier Automata but i am not disapointed by this first choice.

4 years ago

Hmmm one crazy good game and the rest already marked "not interested". I think I'm going to pause. But than again there was never more than 1 nice game in a monthly for me. This see them upfront is way harder than expected.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

4 years ago

If you are still in HB Monthly before HB Choice starting (today), you'll get all 10 games.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Just wonder if im doing something wrong it asks me to buy them.(Subscribed to classic like 3 hours before Choise). First time supscriber so dont sure how it works...

4 years ago

If you subscribed and got yakuza, soul calibur etc you are a classic member and you get the lowe price. Check your subscribtion page.

4 years ago

I'm from India and I got this: Shadow of the Tomb Raider [Game only] (RU/CIS+)
[ https://steamdb.info/sub/293967/ ]

4 years ago

Everyone got this I think... Interest region lock I must say.
The definitive edition "upgrade" is on Steam store already.

4 years ago

It's even a run lock, not just an activation lock.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

4 years ago

Apparently you can't pause Classic anymore. At least, I can't find a button to do that.

4 years ago

Ah, no, false alarm.

4 years ago

my sub -> manage sub -> pause a month.

4 years ago

I so hope someone knows how to do this. Don't want every bundle.

4 years ago

Blasphemous (South America)
Shadow of the Tomb Raider [Game only] (RU/CIS+)
The rest seems to be ROW.

4 years ago

Pretty pleased we get ancestors legacy instead of void bastards since that is already on game pass.

4 years ago

It sucks what they did with the monthly. Oh well...

4 years ago

Just out of curiosity, why? Do you mean for new subscribers, or removing the "blind reveal" aspect which was fun? Or something else.

4 years ago

Yeah, I prefer it like this. At least now I can pause without worrying about missing out on anything.

4 years ago

For new subscribers and those who don't have much disposable income. The way I see it, you have to pay more for less now. The fact that we can see the games and choose what to keep is a plus, but nowhere near enough to justify the new price imho.

4 years ago

But if you were subbed in Humble Monthly before (I was subbed but just paused most months), it's the same price, AND you can see the games prior to deciding if you want to unpause.

For new subscribers, it's definitely worse. You needed to be subbed to Humble Monthly (for $12) to be able to be migrated to Classic and have the ability to keep pausing until you found a Choice that was worth $12 to you.

4 years ago

HB claimed that LIKELY they will open HB Classic in the future as sales promotion.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Imo the issue is the other plans, if they made the 3 games plan chaper and included an in-between plan it would have worked much better... Something like 9,99$ for 3 games, 14,99$ for 5-6 and 19,99 for 9.
As it stands the only worthwhile plan is the 19,99 one, the 14,99 seems way too expensive in this context and Lite is a joke...

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Nice bundle

4 years ago

Try to pause for extra $2 off. (ymmv)

View attached image.
4 years ago

Same here, valid until Mar 6, 2020.

4 years ago

Take $2 coupon, and then press pause) I did same in prev month. And now I use this coupon. Classic plan for $10

4 years ago

I love you! Thanks, worked for me!

4 years ago

I will try it, but this things never work to m....HEY! 2$ OFF! YEAH!
THANKS! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

View attached image.
4 years ago

Didnt seem to work for me

4 years ago

Worked for me, thanks man!

4 years ago

If i try to pausing and i accept the 2$ off coupon can i use it for the actual bundle with Tomb Raider, Blasphemuos ecc...? Or is it valid only for the next purchase excluded the actual monthly?

4 years ago

I got $3 off for trying to cancel, so I'd try that option first.

4 years ago

I've never paused before - I don't really want to pause, but i want that coupon :P
When you choose pause from your manage subscription does it pause straight away, with no "are you sure you want to do this" page?
Or does it give you an option or two to turn back?

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Thanks, got the coupon! (valid to Feb 2021)

4 years ago

I paused and got that 2$ off offer too... but the thing is, I want the definitive edition of Shadow. I mean, the real one and not just the base game masquerading as the definitive edition. I want those seven additional tombs included in the definitive version. So that 2 dollars discount doesn't mean jack shit to me if I have to shed about 20$ more for the Definitive upgrade (when on sale). :o/

... but if someone already wanted to get that Choice bundle, that's an even sweeter deal.

4 years ago

The question is if they will hand it out much cheaper later or not. IIRC the last time they did this it was a mistake to buy the Tomb Raider DLCs when the game was in the Monthly.

4 years ago

What happened that "last time" ? Was it for another Tomb Raider game?

4 years ago

When Rise of the Tomb Raider was in Oct 2017's HB Monthly, a lot of people bought the simultaneously discounted missing DLC, and if I recall correctly it was much cheaper soon after. I don't have details though.

4 years ago

Ah thanks.. I've just checked HB's store tho and all they are selling is the "real" definitive edition, they don't even have the Shadow upgrade DLC. I'm just gonna wait until the Definitive edition gets on sale for cheap(er) on Steam. I do have Rise but still haven't played, so it's not like I'm in a hurry to purchase SotTR.

4 years ago

I think it was the Square Enix shop that had the initial good discount on the missing DLC. But yeah, it's always better to wait.

4 years ago

thanks!!
had to choose cancel first, then just pause to get it

4 years ago

So what happens if you leave some credits unclaimed? Lets say i have 10 claims, but use 3. Do i get to keep the claims for future bundles or do they become void?

4 years ago

You can claim then later

4 years ago

Is this actually stated somewhere on the HB site?

4 years ago

It says it in the faq on their site, The last line makes it sound like you will keep unused credits anyway
"Credits will remain on your account for future use if you have purchased a multi-month subscription for Humble Monthly or Humble Choice. These credits were all granted immediately for your purchase, as you paid for the full amount of a multi-month subscription upfront. Credits may also be granted if you already had a current month unlocked, but then received a gifted subscription. These credits can be used in the future in place of payment on your account, even if you have canceled!"

4 years ago

Does that mean that i can use a token each month for 10 months without paying anymore?

4 years ago

That's in reference to overall monthly credits like on the old plan, we're wondering if individual game choice credits work differently.

4 years ago

I think credits means months of subscription in this case and not credits per game.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

I just found out from humble staff that specific game credits do not carry over. You have to use them all on the month they are for.

4 years ago

Thanks was wondering this myself.

4 years ago

So.. I have the classic subscription and it tells me to choose 10 games but.. there's only 10 games. How is this choosing exactly?

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Okay. I just wonder why it makes it look like I'm choosing when I'm not. Kind of odd to me :P

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Some months there's 11, 12, etc options.
Classic gets them all regardless.
(Edit: Other words, Classic will never be a choice.)

4 years ago

I think they are just using the same UI for both classic sub and the new subs that can choose 3 games for 15.

In the "manage sub" page, if you click the new games on the bottom of the new window there is a "select game" thats greyed out for me but i think its due to my paused classic plan.

4 years ago

Ah, okay. I guess it's easier for them to just use the same UI for both. I get it, it's all good for me :P

4 years ago

Choosing 10 out of a set of 10 items, in the end that's choosing between 1 possible outcome(s), mathematically that's still choosing. Computers do it alot and they don't find anything odd about it. :)
...It's because 1 (possible outcome(s)) is more than 0.
...or something like that.
...I guess.
Please don't quote me on that.

4 years ago*

Haha sure, let's go with that ;)

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

looks like Shadow of Tomb Raider is barebone, not definitive version

4 years ago

It's the Vanilla Definitive Edition as opposed to the Definitive Definitive Edition.

4 years ago

lol

4 years ago

Was really looking forward to Void Bastards, fuck

4 years ago

No Void Bastards which means

View attached image.
4 years ago