December 2019 Humble Choice

06 Dec 2019 - 03 Jan 2020

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg - Lestrades

๐Ÿ“… Important dates

• ๐Ÿ’ณ December 27th, 2019: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• ๐Ÿ“† January 3rd 2020: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Friday of every month)

โš ๏ธ Region lock โš ๏ธ

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

• RU/CIS + Turkey + India + Argentina + Brazil - Albania, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Georgia, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Macedonia, Republic of Moldova, Montenegro, Russian Federation, Serbia, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan
    Activates as "Shadow of the Tomb Raider [Game only] (RU/CIS+)"
    Run-lock: can only be played in those countries
  • Everyone else: ROW (activates everywhere)

Blasphemous

• RU/CIS - Albania, Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Republic of Moldova, Macedonia, Serbia, Russian Federation, Turkmenistan, Turkey, Ukraine, Uzbekistan
  • South America - Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, French Guiana, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Paraguay, El Salvador, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
  • Asia - Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, India, Japan, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Republic of Korea, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Mongolia, Macau, Malaysia, Nepal, Philippines, Pakistan, Singapore, Thailand, Tajikistan, Taiwan, Vietnam
  • Africa + ME - United Arab Emirates, Afghanistan, Angola, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Burundi, Benin, Botswana, The Democratic Republic of the Congo, Central African Republic, Congo, Cote d'Ivoire, Cameroon, Algeria, Egypt, Western Sahara, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, Gambia, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Israel, Iraq, Islamic Republic of Iran, Jordan, Kenya, Cambodia, Comoros, Kuwait, Lebanon, Liberia, Lesotho, Libya, Morocco, Mali, Mauritania, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Oman, Palestinian Territory, Qatar, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Sierra Leone, Senegal, Somalia, Samoa, Syrian Arab Republic, Eswatini, Chad, Togo, Tunisia, Trinidad and Tobago, United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, Yemen, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe
  • Everyone else: ROW (activates everywhere)

Warning: Shadow of the Tomb Raider is just the base game, even though the Steam library and store entries have been renamed to "Definitive Edition". It does not contain the Season Pass or other DLC. On Steam the missing DLC can be bought in one purchase via this bundle.

ย 

Extras to claim for your games:

!addlicense ASF 371339,402433,317880

ย 

How do I generate a Gift Link now?

On the "Choose your games" page, you click a game, scroll down and click "gift to friend" instead of "get game". Then you see the usual region lock notification about countries that receive a different game version than you do or do not receive the game, and you can pick between generating a gift link or sending the game via email.
"Get game" will instantly reveal the key and NOT simply add the game to your Downloads page for this bundle.

Note: The guess / leak for Void Bastards is NOT included.

ย 

๐ŸŽฎ Games:

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
Shadow of the Tomb Raider 79% of 14149 โค ๐Ÿ† ? CV app/750920 W M L 0 $?
Blasphemous 85% of 2780 โค ๐Ÿ† 24.99 CV app/774361 W 0 $24.99
Phantom Doctrine 74% of 1829 โค ๐Ÿ† 39.99 CV app/559100 W 0 $39.99
Dead In Vinland 81% of 466 โค ๐Ÿ† 19.99 CV app/573120 W M 0 $19.99
Horizon Chase Turbo 95% of 962 โค ๐Ÿ† 19.99 CV app/389140 W M L 0 $19.99
Dark Future: Blood Red States 82% of 114 โค ๐Ÿ† 24.99 CV app/370870 W 0 $24.99
Desert Child 84% of 38 โค ๐Ÿ† 11.99 CV app/844050 W M L 0 $11.99
Aegis Defenders 75% of 91 - ๐Ÿ† 19.99 CV app/371140 W M 0 $19.99
X-Morph: Defense 92% of 970 โค ๐Ÿ† 0.00 CV โ˜  app/408410 W 0 $19.99
Ancestors Legacy 79% of 2129 โค ๐Ÿ† 5.25 CV app/620590 W 0 $34.99

Extras: Arrog - DRM-free Game

Retail:

• $216.91 + ?

๐Ÿ’ธ Subscription + Bonuses

ย  Lite Basic Premium Classic
Per month $4.99 $14.99 $19.99 -
Per year $44.99 $134.99 $179.99 $132.00
Games to keep 0 3 9 10
Choice No Yes Yes Yes
Humble Trove Yes Yes Yes Yes
Humble Store discount 10% 10% 20% 20%
Originals Limited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited

In some regions, a sale tax is applied (example)

Note: There has been recent quiet changes to the non-Classic subscription costs for non-USD regions: regional pricing is now a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. More info here.

๐Ÿ“ Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

๐Ÿ“– Informative links

Humble Choice FAQ
Official HB FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

๐Ÿฐ Thanks to luckz for helping with the poll!

4 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Did you really have a choice?

View Results
[Recurring subscription] Iโ€™m a big fan of what the X-Monthly Morphed into.
[New subscription] Home for the holidays, ready to Raid some Tombs!
[Maybe subscribe] Baby, itโ€™s cold outside, how about some games to warm me up?
[Have] Own those, thanks. Nowโ€ฆ first to the sled gets the gingerbread!
[Pausing] My house is under Elf Surveillance, I have to pause all activity and lay low until January (financial hibernation included).
[Non-subscriber, will not buy] Santa Claus is coming to town, we don't need no IGN!
[Complaint] How can you take the surprise out of the Monthly for Christmas of all times?

To clear things up. Tomb raider is the definitive edition without the definitive upgrade dlc (which kinda suck lol). Why they called it the definitive edition i have no clue.

4 years ago

One of those HB/management unscrupulous magics, "creating" new names for editions and some such.

4 years ago

This one is on Square Enix though :p. They are selling the "definitive edition" and made a "definitive upgrade" dlc like wtf...

4 years ago

Well... unless I'm mistaken, you could purchase the base game not so long ago on Steam. So, to me, that "definitive upgrade" DLC would be for those who only have the vanilla version.

If you look now at the Steam page for the definitive edition, it does state that it contains the 7 tombs/weapons/outfits/skills... which is what is included in the Definitive Upgrade DLC.

So... it looks like what you get with Humble Choice is basically the base game + the definitive upgrade. But no Croft Edition Extras and Deluxe Extras DLCs. Granted those are just weapons, outfits and the OST, buuuuut... why call it Definitive Edition if it doesn't contain everything? O_o That does not make sense to me.

4 years ago

Unfortunately, you are wrong. You don't get the definitive upgrade.
It is just another proof of how scummy this industry has become. Now we have to "upgrade'" our definitve edition.

4 years ago

O_o
But... that's what the devs have posted.
https://tombraider.square-enix-games.com/en-us/news/shadow-of-the-tomb-raider-definitive-edition

"Featuring the base game and all seven post-launch DLC"

If they made a single package for all that... maybe that's why people don't see the DLC as owned. It's kinda confusing. We need someone to play and let us know if the seven tombs are included.

Edit: nah... it's the base game, apparently. I stand corrected.

4 years ago*

I see! I always thought it was HB that came up with these things, like that fiasco that happened with COD Battlefield awhile ago where they didn't have the zombie dlc, and then they cancelled all existing keys to reintroduce a new key with the zombie dlc....

4 years ago

"To clear things up". :) The only reason it says definitive edition on steam store page is because you cannot buy normal edition and just definitive edition.

This should actually clear things up.

4 years ago

Sad cakeday when there is no Void Bastards :(

4 years ago

I think so too :( on the other hand, yay for phantom doctrine :>

4 years ago

Happy cake day.

4 years ago

The fact that it was in the leaked screenshot suggests that it was a contender for the December Choice at some point, even if it was later swapped out. But that means that it could be a good contender for an upcoming Humble Choice...maybe in January!

Happy cake day.

4 years ago

It is truly void bastards instead of being present bastards :/

Happy cake day, and hope you win presents

4 years ago

Guess they realized, that people are most interested in Void Bastards, so they decided to put it into Humble Choice #2.

4 years ago

Pausing this month, nothing for me.

4 years ago

When you make a choice for the games you want, there is an option to either get the game or create a gift link. If I choose get the game, will it automatically reveal the key or not?

4 years ago

Yes the key will automatically be revealed.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

4 years ago

No, you still have that option.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

im abit confused, lets say i wait untill Choice month nr 2 comes out, how am i suppose to acces these games, now that they don't show up on ''purchased list'' anymore?

edit--

nvm, im an idiot, i keep forgetting Monthly is one month ahead of current

4 years ago

If you have bought say this months bundle, it should show on your purchase list as December 2019 Humble Choice. It will then ask you to make your choices accordingly.

4 years ago

hence the edit about being one month ahead, but thanks

4 years ago

where "pay now" button?

4 years ago

Click on "Unlock my choices" on the top right of the list of games.

4 years ago

Tough one... Void Bastards would have sold me on this bundle. Without it, I'm going to have to think hard about pausing...

4 years ago

Humble Choose Garbage

• i claimed games and got immediately keys without opiton to gift
4 years ago

It is right next to it and it is called "gift to friend" ^โ€ข^"

4 years ago

+1, pretty big button.

4 years ago

i am noob

4 years ago

Anyone else having payment problems? My definitely valid card that's on file with them and that I used there as recently as yesterday is getting declined repeatedly ...

4 years ago

OP card? Friend has always had similar problems with various bundle sites, 1-2 purchases go through fine and rest just get declined because of some silly anti-fraud system. Since who would buy more than 1-2 bundles a month.

4 years ago

Nah, Eurocard. Been using the same card everywhere for years, first time ever having a problem, buying multiple times per week. It's not Humble this time too, others are declining it too. In the online portal everything looks in order, and of course their phone service won't be open until Monday (today is a holiday here). Blergh.

Ah well. Maybe by that time I'll have changed my mind about buying the bundle immediately (for the one game I wanted to play tonight) ;)

4 years ago

I've never had any problems either with Nordea. Friend ended up topping PayPal from bank account to be able to buy everything, since using the card through PayPal wasn't any better.

4 years ago

Got Eurocard on the phone, they had a hold on it because they had a huge increase in fraud related to Humblebundle recently. Fine, can happen; they removed the hold and now the card works again ....

.... except not on Humble. Instead of "Card declined", the error message is now "There was a problem with your default payment information." so it's now Humble themselves not accepting the card anymore.

I'm getting worried I'm going to lose my Classic plan over this. (Even more so as Humble has already refused me support in the past because I traded away my Battle.net keys.)

4 years ago

Can you use PP to pay? You aren't losing Classic tho, at worst you would have to pause it if you can't pay during whole December.

4 years ago

Can't, as it would automatically use my Paypal balance then and I need that elsewhere ;>

But good call with the pausing, I had that idea too a little while ago; that way it would at least not auto-cancel due to payment failure. But who knows what Humble support will do -- my dealings with them were less than stellar over the last year or two. Hopefully it all works out ..

4 years ago

You can actually change the default payment method too from balance to card.

4 years ago

I know, but I need the default payment method to be balance ;> (I know I can change it back and forth, but ...)

One night of support nightmare. Humble says the card is getting declined. The issuer says Humble isn't even trying to make any payments (I tried several them with them on the phone). Humble says it's not their problem and I need to check that my billing address is correct and doesn't have any spaces (I don't have any address on file with Humble and if I had nobody touched that in years) and that I need to use a different payment processor then, which I don't have.

Great. Goodbye classic, I guess :( Anyone have any ideas how I can get them to accept my previously working CC again that they are now declining without even trying?

4 years ago

First world problems, having to spend a lot of effort to be able to spend your money. :)

Sounds like they labeled your card as a trader too and are refusing to have anything to do with it. Top up PP from bank to have enough balance for all things you want? Or doesn't PP first ask you what you want to pay with unless you have 1 click payments enabled?

4 years ago

PP doesn't ask anymore after I set a default of course; and I don't actually have enough money to leave a lot of it sitting in Paypal, and moving some from the bank account takes 2 days :/ (Their third-party instant top-up provider is using methods I'm not comfortable with.)

Also I'm not comfortable with linking my Paypal account to Humble ;P

I'd use my partner's credit card but that's of course linked to their Humble account, and I'm worried that we both lose our accounts somehow if Humble decides I'm multi-accounting on top of trading (which I'm also not doing, outside of trading away the very rare non-Steam key or high-demand mulitplayer game; three of them over the last two years, I think).

Meh. At least it happened now and not on the auto-billing date, I guess ...

Edit: Used my partner's card now. Let's see what problems that leads to down the line -_-

4 years ago*

I'm pausing.

You would think they would come out swinging with the new changes and it being the holiday season, but this months offering is really weak. I hope this is not the sign of things to come.

4 years ago

Am I missing something here? How is it humble choice if theres 10 games and my classic subscription gives me 10 games. That means I don't have a choice at all.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Only problem is theres only really 2 of them games i'm actually interested in. Do I get to save the remaining choices for a later month or would I have to use them all straight away.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

It's not 100% clear, but I'd bet you don't accumulate choices.

4 years ago

Well the "choice" is only for new people (who pay more than you do in the classic plan even if they get to pick only 3 or 9 games)
You can choose to pause though, which is what I'm doing right now.

4 years ago

I ended up signing for a a whole year last month, and now they've switched it to Classic. I might be getting something wrong, but it feels like it was the perfect time to do that, since Classic looks A LOT better than Premium...

Is that really it? My previous surprises with Humble Bundle have been terrible, so I'm kinda wary.

4 years ago

That's because existing users were grandfathered in, so you got a much better deal than people joining after the switch.

4 years ago

Wow, so no mistakes there. I'm just in awe that I re-subscribed at the exact moment, and that I got such a great surprise now

4 years ago

is it the Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition?

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Has anyone actually tried playing the game?
Because if you have the definitive edition, DLCs are not marked as owned. But the content is still there.

EDIT: Looks like HB game page confirms it's just the base game.

4 years ago*

Deleted

4 years ago

no dlc/season pass included

4 years ago

Please check the OP. It answers your question in detail.

4 years ago

I live in Brazil, and when I activated Shadow of TR, I got this:

Shadow of the Tomb Raider [Game only] (RU/CIS+)

Should I be worried? How can I test if this will work properly? I'm hoping South America is contemplated in the "+" sign there.

4 years ago

The name of the sub that the key activates contains "RU/CIS+", but the list of restricted countries includes not only RU/CIS countries but also Brazil, Argentina,Turkey, India. You will share the same region lock with RU/CIS and the others mentioned (namely, RU/CIS, Argentina, Turkey and India can activate your key). Please see the OP for the full list.

4 years ago

Stupid me, I missed that entirely! Thank you!

4 years ago

WHY ARE THEY SHOWING THE KEY ALREADY AND NOT PUTTING IT IN MY "yet-to-redeem"-LIST D:

OR

am i missing something?

cuz I really don't like that hahaha

4 years ago

When you choose there's option to "get the game" or "gift to a friend". These are now the key and giftlink options.

4 years ago

yeah I know, but I really would like it to have the key option without showing me the steamkey already but to have it as a "fresh" key... that kinda sucks for me

4 years ago

Yeah, that kinda makes the "key" tab useless for many of us... Better to just open the bundle tab in your purchases. I'd just leave them unredeemed until you figure what to do with them, better than having a key without any indication if it was redeemd hanging around....

4 years ago

4 solid hits for me and 3 for the maybe queue, nice bundle.

4 years ago

There is only one thing i dislike with choice right now, and it is the way you claim games. I am on a classic plan...Just show them all on my keys menu like before instead of making me loose time clicking on choice, then the game and finally i can claim it...What a waste of precious time.

4 years ago

+1.

4 years ago

Agreed. Maybe they will fix this in the near future.

4 years ago

yeah that new UI is so clunky now and takes way more time then it should

4 years ago

dont really understand this new stuff.
so it says i have classic plan, how many games can i get?
"select game" looks greyed out on bundle page.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

All of them !

4 years ago

All of them.

4 years ago

ok, thanks, seems like canceling is not a good option any more if i can get all games for $12 instead of new premium plan.

4 years ago

Ok this is not the main interest here but do you think there is any chance for us to get steam keys out of the "extras" games ? I saw Arrog will release on Steam so I was wondering...

4 years ago

Why did they decide to make all this routine so convoluted? Like.. do you want customers to jump through hoops? WHY?!!

4 years ago

Oh yeah, Blasphemous, here I come.

4 years ago

Btw, how did the games leak before lauch? Did Humble reveal them somewhere?

4 years ago

Humble accidentally put up a JPG with all the games on the page they were using to advertise Choice last month iirc ๐Ÿ˜

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

It didn't leak. They leaked it to soften the ground and get people bitching on social media, advertising their new gizmo for free.

4 years ago

Edit.... * got a sufficient answer in replies below
Its basically an error by Humble
Thanks everyone!
Have a nice holiday!

Question for those that are converted to Classic.

Classic gets 10 game choices, but there are only 10 to choose from

I'm not understanding what the difference is for Classic subscribers?
We get to choose 1 copy X 10 games out of of the 10 game choices.
So basically we don't really have a choice, Unless you can get more than 1 copy of a selected game
We basically just get our humble monthly at the beginning of the month, instead of having to wait???

Can a Classic subscriber clarify this for me before I make some selections?
*** THANKS in advance and have a great weekend!

4 years ago*

From my point of view, the biggest difference is that you know all the games before paying.

4 years ago

Classic gets 10 games for the price of the old HB Monthly (so $12 or less) compared to new subscribers getting 9 games for $20 or 3 games for $15.

4 years ago

Right.. the pricing I understand.

The part I'm not clear on is:

If we get 10 games.. and there's only 10 to choose from.
What is the point of "selecting" your games, if we really don't have a choice.
It should just unlock all 10.
Unless we can select multiple copies of a better game, avoiding the "crappier" ones.

That's my confusion. :)

4 years ago

There is no point, it's just how the system works currently before they fix it.

4 years ago

its in beta ;)

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Indeed.

4 years ago

Agreed.. this is why the "logic" didn't follow for me.
They do need to add 1 button for Classic members..
hopefully they'll get it done soon.

4 years ago

You can cancel your subscription and go for the 3 or 9 selection plan if you're bothered by not being able to choose :P

4 years ago

Awesome! I think I'll do that! ;)
I'm paid for 18 months.. so I'm sure that would be an excellent choice

4 years ago*

Excellent solution!

4 years ago

You forgot to include the 0 selection plan. Its the best deal of all :P

4 years ago

Ahhh, my bad.

I think the point is that future Choice bundles might have greater selection and then you'll pick 10 games out of the 11+ choices.

4 years ago

Yes, this is correct. There is a chance there will be more than 10 in the future. For right now it's only 10, so there's no choice for the classic plan :)

4 years ago

IIRC they said in future we'll have "more choice" in humble choice :p

4 years ago

excellent.. that makes more sense.. thank you for posting this

4 years ago

I'm getting offered 2$ for not pausing this month but I don't know, I'm just playing rogue legacy for the moment

4 years ago

What? How? Where? Saw nothing like that

4 years ago

4 years ago

Wut, i already "claimed" the bundle so, i guess i can't

4 years ago

Yeah I also got the $2 offer.

Paused anyways. Not interested in any of those games.

4 years ago

View attached image.
4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.