December 2019 Humble Choice

06 Dec 2019 - 03 Jan 2020

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg - Lestrades

๐Ÿ“… Important dates

• ๐Ÿ’ณ December 27th, 2019: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• ๐Ÿ“† January 3rd 2020: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Friday of every month)

โš ๏ธ Region lock โš ๏ธ

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

• RU/CIS + Turkey + India + Argentina + Brazil - Albania, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Georgia, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Macedonia, Republic of Moldova, Montenegro, Russian Federation, Serbia, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan
    Activates as "Shadow of the Tomb Raider [Game only] (RU/CIS+)"
    Run-lock: can only be played in those countries
  • Everyone else: ROW (activates everywhere)

Blasphemous

• RU/CIS - Albania, Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Republic of Moldova, Macedonia, Serbia, Russian Federation, Turkmenistan, Turkey, Ukraine, Uzbekistan
  • South America - Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, French Guiana, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Paraguay, El Salvador, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
  • Asia - Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, India, Japan, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Republic of Korea, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Mongolia, Macau, Malaysia, Nepal, Philippines, Pakistan, Singapore, Thailand, Tajikistan, Taiwan, Vietnam
  • Africa + ME - United Arab Emirates, Afghanistan, Angola, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Burundi, Benin, Botswana, The Democratic Republic of the Congo, Central African Republic, Congo, Cote d'Ivoire, Cameroon, Algeria, Egypt, Western Sahara, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, Gambia, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Israel, Iraq, Islamic Republic of Iran, Jordan, Kenya, Cambodia, Comoros, Kuwait, Lebanon, Liberia, Lesotho, Libya, Morocco, Mali, Mauritania, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Oman, Palestinian Territory, Qatar, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Sierra Leone, Senegal, Somalia, Samoa, Syrian Arab Republic, Eswatini, Chad, Togo, Tunisia, Trinidad and Tobago, United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, Yemen, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe
  • Everyone else: ROW (activates everywhere)

Warning: Shadow of the Tomb Raider is just the base game, even though the Steam library and store entries have been renamed to "Definitive Edition". It does not contain the Season Pass or other DLC. On Steam the missing DLC can be bought in one purchase via this bundle.

ย 

Extras to claim for your games:

!addlicense ASF 371339,402433,317880

ย 

How do I generate a Gift Link now?

On the "Choose your games" page, you click a game, scroll down and click "gift to friend" instead of "get game". Then you see the usual region lock notification about countries that receive a different game version than you do or do not receive the game, and you can pick between generating a gift link or sending the game via email.
"Get game" will instantly reveal the key and NOT simply add the game to your Downloads page for this bundle.

Note: The guess / leak for Void Bastards is NOT included.

ย 

๐ŸŽฎ Games:

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
Shadow of the Tomb Raider 79% of 14149 โค ๐Ÿ† ? CV app/750920 W M L 0 $?
Blasphemous 85% of 2780 โค ๐Ÿ† 24.99 CV app/774361 W 0 $24.99
Phantom Doctrine 74% of 1829 โค ๐Ÿ† 39.99 CV app/559100 W 0 $39.99
Dead In Vinland 81% of 466 โค ๐Ÿ† 19.99 CV app/573120 W M 0 $19.99
Horizon Chase Turbo 95% of 962 โค ๐Ÿ† 19.99 CV app/389140 W M L 0 $19.99
Dark Future: Blood Red States 82% of 114 โค ๐Ÿ† 24.99 CV app/370870 W 0 $24.99
Desert Child 84% of 38 โค ๐Ÿ† 11.99 CV app/844050 W M L 0 $11.99
Aegis Defenders 75% of 91 - ๐Ÿ† 19.99 CV app/371140 W M 0 $19.99
X-Morph: Defense 92% of 970 โค ๐Ÿ† 0.00 CV โ˜  app/408410 W 0 $19.99
Ancestors Legacy 79% of 2129 โค ๐Ÿ† 5.25 CV app/620590 W 0 $34.99

Extras: Arrog - DRM-free Game

Retail:

• $216.91 + ?

๐Ÿ’ธ Subscription + Bonuses

ย  Lite Basic Premium Classic
Per month $4.99 $14.99 $19.99 -
Per year $44.99 $134.99 $179.99 $132.00
Games to keep 0 3 9 10
Choice No Yes Yes Yes
Humble Trove Yes Yes Yes Yes
Humble Store discount 10% 10% 20% 20%
Originals Limited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited

In some regions, a sale tax is applied (example)

Note: There has been recent quiet changes to the non-Classic subscription costs for non-USD regions: regional pricing is now a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. More info here.

๐Ÿ“ Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

๐Ÿ“– Informative links

Humble Choice FAQ
Official HB FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

๐Ÿฐ Thanks to luckz for helping with the poll!

4 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Did you really have a choice?

View Results
[Recurring subscription] Iโ€™m a big fan of what the X-Monthly Morphed into.
[New subscription] Home for the holidays, ready to Raid some Tombs!
[Maybe subscribe] Baby, itโ€™s cold outside, how about some games to warm me up?
[Have] Own those, thanks. Nowโ€ฆ first to the sled gets the gingerbread!
[Pausing] My house is under Elf Surveillance, I have to pause all activity and lay low until January (financial hibernation included).
[Non-subscriber, will not buy] Santa Claus is coming to town, we don't need no IGN!
[Complaint] How can you take the surprise out of the Monthly for Christmas of all times?

Dumb question
Can The SOTR ROW key be activated and played in india ?

4 years ago

If it's ROW then yes. You can activate the key.

4 years ago

3 wishlisted, 0 owned, a good selection of games to me. Better than most Humble Monthly for sure. Nice way to start, now we'll see how it goes next month. :)

Thanks for all of these threads and charts. It has to be crazy trying to keep up with all of the details!

4 years ago

If you go to Purchases then select the Humble Choice entry, you get the old-fashioned page with Redeem & Gift buttons. However I did this with everything already redeemed, so I don't know how it looks before you redeem them. Can anyone check?

If that works, it's significantly easier than the horrendous UI on the Choice page, where you have to manually open each game....

4 years ago*

It only shows the games that you've already unlocked. I tried it :(

4 years ago

Awwww, that sucks. :( Thanks for checking.

4 years ago

shadow of the tomb raider is only base game? thats so lame meh

4 years ago

In case this hasn't been mentioned already, I just went to pause my classic subscription and they offered me a $2 off coupon. So I stayed subscribed, got the coupon and then paused straight afterwards. The coupon is still on my account and is valid until Mar 6, 2020.

4 years ago

Ugh, having to "choose" each game manually one by one before being able to redeem them all easily on the redeem page is so annoying. Hope they automate that or allow us to just checkbox mark games and then redeem/gift all of those rather than... this.

4 years ago

So if I want to create a giveaway for Shadow of the Tomb Raider can I use the current listing for it is or is the key basically unusable for a giveaway?

4 years ago

Yes you can use the current listing (app/750920).

4 years ago

Anyone knows what the games will be (early reveals) of the January 2020 Monthly for the Classics subscribers?

4 years ago

Starting this month, there are no early reveals any more. Everything will be revealed on the first Friday of every month, and if you had a subscription already that was active before the bundle released today, you will get all 10 possible games, otherwise you will have a limited choice depending on your subscription.

4 years ago

Ok, sorry to be dense. Blame my flu-addled brain. I got my email with my Humble Bundle games (paid early after last month to get access to Soul Calibur VI). So have links for those (Dec. Monthly) my question is and again I apologize if this is completely transparent.

The 10 games listed as December Choice are they the ones I'll have to choose between next payment processes on Dec. 27th? Or does this month have both a Monthly and Choice? Maybe I'm getting stuck on the way the Choice is titled December, if I do nothing until Auto-Pay kicks in are they still the ones I choose from or will a new set of Choice be unlocked then (January Choice)? The more I read the FAQs and threads the more confused I get. Change sucks and get off my lawn!

So TLDNR: Dec. Monthly paid for and received. The (10) games listed as Dec. Choice, how/when do I get those? Pre-pay now or wait to Dec. 27th? And then wait for first Friday of January to see next batch to choose from? Is that anywhere near correct or decipherable? Again - Flu, NyQuil and being old is not doing me any favors lol. Thanks in advance for any help and thank you for your time.

4 years ago

Pay now and get them all immediately, if you are on classic. Basically this month has both monthly and choice. At least that's how I understood it.

4 years ago*

Today we got the December monthly's final games uncovered (Soulcalibur one) and instead of the usual 2-3 early unlocks we have the whole January pack visible - you can pick from them according to your plan (if classic, then all of them)

Payment dates are the same - you absolutely can pay early for them, or wait and get autocharged at last Friday of the month (27th).

And then wait for first Friday of January to see next batch to choose from?

Correct ^^

4 years ago

Well now I feel silly. Thank you both @deadmarsh and @adam1224. I ask a wall of text and answer is wrapped up in less than 3 lines lol. Merry Christmas to you both!

4 years ago

that answers the question I had.

4 years ago

To see it the other way around, you have until Dec 27 to pause and avoid paying for this batch.

4 years ago

Well, Shadow of the Tomb Raider is the game I wanted to get.

4 years ago

It's a very good game.

4 years ago

Can we giveaway the Tomb Raider?

4 years ago

Yes you can use the current listing (app/750920).

4 years ago

Is there a way to claim games without revealing the key?

4 years ago

generate gift link, or wait with claiming untill needed, they ain't going anywhere

4 years ago

Don't know what will happened if we have not choose all games before the next month.

4 years ago

what makes you think they'll dissapear?, they still be on the list of bundles you own, and easy to pull up, just like the rest

4 years ago

You have to choose.
Do you think HB will wait for a year?

4 years ago

For example, the cheapest plan. You can only get 3 games. You will hold all the 10 keys because you don't choose.

4 years ago

im on classic, i get all 10 games, but you do raise a valid point for the people who's on the overpriced plans now

4 years ago

When gift link is generated I cannot know (nor HB) if it's used or not. Have apprx 800 keys and I'm using "Hide redeemed keys" checkbox to filter them :)
As I understand there is no way to send these games to my Keys page without revealing key nor link?

4 years ago

You should be able to tell still. Just put the giftlink in a browser, if it's claimed it will tell you. If not you will be able to type in an email to claim the giftlink.

4 years ago

So troublesome :)

4 years ago

lol yeah definitely not ideal but at least it's something.

4 years ago

I'm keeping 6 of 10 games, so for me Classic is worth it for the first month.

Disappointed that Void Bastards wasn't here, but I mighr be just as happy with its apparent replacement: Ancestors Legacy

Wish I could've said the same of the last month of Monthly: 8 games @ ~$160 USD where I'm only keeping 2 and already have 1.

4 years ago

4 new games, plus 6 games to give away, for $12.

Can't argue with that.

4 years ago

so its safe to just claim all 10 now? no new games will come out right? im under classic so i just instantly get everything i guess?

4 years ago

yes, no new game will come as far as Im aware.

4 years ago

Did the price go up? I changed my cc, so i was not billed last month, but when i tried mo remove the "on hold" there are new price plans.
Is this new mechanic permanent or it is just for this month?

4 years ago

It's permanent, but if you were already subscribed you should still get the old price under the 'classic' plan.

4 years ago

Seems he wasnt active subscriber since he changed cc and wasnt billed last month. Sucks when people arent informed about changes until hours after its too late.

4 years ago

HB has sent a couple emails out giving everyone advanced notice. If Alientcp was a sub at one point they should of gotten an email unless they chose to uncheck the option. HB also gave updates on their social media accounts in advance(Facebook, Twitter, Youtube etc. etc.). Not sure what more could have been done.

4 years ago

Maybe I phrased it wrong, Im aware they informed us. But I ment sucks for people that didnt notice it until it was too late.

4 years ago

Oh yeah it definitely sucks for those that didn't notice. It's very unfortunate.

4 years ago

Lol, i have who knows how many emails. The one i have registered there is basically a spam container now, use it for all the sites or forums i need to sub, do i dont really check it too much, and no one sends me anything anyways, only work, and i have a work email. Thats why i missed it.

And it was like the end course hell at school, where you are not allowed to get distracted or you wont finish the assignments in time.

Its fine, i still have the backlog, though there was no information about the new system, as im checking now the inbox. But as long as the base games remain good enough, having the choice of the other ones looks like a decent idea, because some, well, ugh. Looking forward to the next month since this one is a lost cause already. I already updated my card, but still says on hold, lets hope they do a recheck before i lose the next month too.

Thanks for the info.

4 years ago

4 WL +1 interesting games. Way better in that regard than the average monthly.

4 years ago

Ok. Please let me get this right

Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition is not a Definitive Edition as you need to buy Definitive Upgrade, Deluxe Extras and Croft Edition Extras for it to be Definitive Edition?

But from what people write these all DLCs are not worth it?

4 years ago

You got that right. Would have liked the DLCs though :p

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

Well on Steam page it looks like they renamed Tomb Raider into Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition but also sell the pack that have Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition plus all dlcs.

So it looks like there is Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition that is only the base game and Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition that is the pack of everything and true Definitive Edition.

On store page it says it have all the DLCs in description but it also lets you buy all the DLCs in the pack with this Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition so...

I'm little confused.

4 years ago

I was too before coffee fixed it. If you buy on Steam you will get all those DLC, but the Humble keys are from before they changed the name so they are only for the base game.

4 years ago

Ok. Thank you. Now everything is clear.

4 years ago

The thing that confuses peope is that they have changed the store name to definitive edition. The only reason for this is because on steam you can only buy definitive edition from a bundle.

Appid on steamdb shows store name: Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

What you can buy from steam is this bundle: steamdb / steambundle

The one from HB gives you the base game.
Steamdb / steampage (You might have to enter twice if it redirects you to steam store page) Notice how it clearly says just Shadow of the Tomb Raider in the title. Both on top of the page and on the info to the right.

4 years ago

Ok. Thank you. Now everything is clear.

4 years ago

+1

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

I'll never understand this shit with region locks. They'll charge the same price in my region as in others, why the heck I'm receiving regional-locked version, while other region receives ROW. I understand how it's work in steam where lock is compensated somehow by lower regional prices, but in humble? It's just stupid imho.

4 years ago

What's listed on Wikipedia gives a good explanation on things.

"A regional lockout may be enforced for several reasons, such as to stagger the release of a certain product, to avoid losing sales to the product's foreign publisher, to maximize the product's impact in a certain region through localization, to hinder grey market imports by enforcing price discrimination, or to prevent users from accessing certain content in their territory because of legal reasons (either due to censorship laws, or because a distributor does not have the rights to certain intellectual property outside their specified region)."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regional_lockout

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

4 years ago

but for some reason this game gets tons of whining about it

Because SqEnix is cuckoo. Just check this out: https://store.steampowered.com/app/750920/Shadow_of_the_Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Edition/
The "Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition " game has a "Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition' (bundle) that contains a "Shadow of the Tomb Raider - Definitive Upgrade" DLC. They really went ham on the word definitive...

It's like when you buy a Complete Edition that includes nothing but the base game. It's easy to understand tbh, but very-very misleading when you're just checking the redeemed license.

4 years ago

https://tombraider.square-enix-games.com/en-us/news/shadow-of-the-tomb-raider-definitive-edition

If you buy it on Steam you will get all of that, the upgrade is only for people who bought the game before the change or are getting an ancient key from somewhere that's only for the base game. I think 3rd mug of coffee was finally enough for me to get how it works. :)

4 years ago

Wow, it's so nicely written at your link- or in the lower part of the store description (Combining the base game, all seven DLC challenge tombs ...)
First puzzle of the game is to figure out how the DLCs are it seems - not a common occurence that a consumer-friendly move causes confusion, without any foul play. Pretty cool!

4 years ago

I cant say i am surprised that a square enix game is so complicated to be bought by consumers. Even hitman franchise that isnt owned by them anymore is so complicated to buy especially the hitman 2 that you will need a guide. I suppose IOI liked their marketing ideas and sticked with them.
By the way does anyone know if the definitive bundle is dynamic so we can get some discount for the dlcs by owning the base game?

4 years ago

Well, Hitman 2 is only that complicated because of the customer-friendly move to let you play all the Hitman 1 things in Hitman 2, no?

4 years ago

Yeah pretty much, but there is also a silver edition of hitman 2 that is nowhere explained what it is. Furthermore even if you want to play Hitman 1 you have to do a bit of research in order to decide if you want to play it through the launcher of 2 or not as not everything is the same.

4 years ago

AFAIK the gameplay is different and you don't get the campaign cutscenes if you play it in the second? Anything else that matters?

4 years ago

Escalations dont carry over to Hitman 2 and a few other gameplay changes that i cant remember.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

4 years ago

i will give it 6/12months before update if it's REGION FREE FOREVER..lul pay a months and realized bundle dont even have SCVI and no warning message, nothing....

4 years ago

So, I'm on classic, and I really don't understand how I claim my games.
I can click the games, and it shows "unlock your choices", but I can't choose anything. "Select this game" is greyed out. Does this mean that I can just claim and everything is selected if I'm on classic?

4 years ago

Yes, if you buy the choice now you will unlock all games. You will have to claim them one by one which is a bit annoying though.

4 years ago

Classic subscription gets all games so if you click "unlock your choices" you accept the bundle and you can click on every game and either get it for you or for a friend

If you would've any of the other subscriptions you could just do this for 3 or 9 games.

View attached image.
4 years ago

thanks

4 years ago

A stupid question. What will happen if I won't pick games?

4 years ago

That's a good question, I just clicked on "unlock your games" but haven't claimed any yet so we will see if anything will happen on autochange day or reveal day of the next choice bundle.

4 years ago

Do my unused choices expire?

No! You can choose to use your choices at any time and they won't expire when the month ends or in the future. For example, you are on a Basic plan and only wanting to use a single choice right now. No problem! You can come back and make your other two choices at any time.

Another example, say you are traveling and are unable to redeem any choices for a few months. Not to fear, you can make any choices at any point in the future as long as you own that month of Humble Choice (you cannot purchase missed months of Humble Choice that have already concluded).

4 years ago

Thanks for your information

4 years ago

Anyone from US can confirm if their SOTR is region locked for India ?

4 years ago

US gets a ROW key, which means that India can activate it.
The only countries that receive a region locked key are listed in the OP.

4 years ago

Does anyone happen to know if the "classic" subs get the games added to their so-called 'Keys' page automatically like before, or is it now that also "classic" subs has to remember/prioritize to log in every month and manually actually claim the games..? #ThePeriodicGamingAddictStruggle :)

( "...currently experiencing an abnormally high volume of tickets..." "...response is currently 5 business days..." )

4 years ago

It has been discussed couple times in this thread already and instructions were added to original post as well.

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.