Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Van Gogh with Willem Dafoe

4 years ago

I'm watching "Chinatown" (1974) right now.

4 years ago

Added two more stations on my Asian movie tour.

Castaway on the Moon
Korean inner-city version of Castaway. Offers some really great images and deep moments. 8/10

Tampopo
Japanese cult classic from the 80s. It has funny moments and is well played. I still can't agree with the high ratings it received, maybe it didn't age that well. 6/10

The Barbarian Invasions
Great topic(s) and I absolutely love Marie-JosΓ©e Croze. Sad that her career is/was limited to so few highlights. 8/10

Teen Titans Go! To the Movies
I've never seen the series and this was surprisingly entertaining! 7/10

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
Ugh. 5/10

Loving Vincent
Lovely style(s) and a good enough story. 7/10

4 years ago

Just watched the hangover part 3 with some people. It was kinda fun tbh!

4 years ago

AstΓ©rix: Le secret de la potion magique

oui tres bien asterixouille ^^

View attached image.
4 years ago

"Chinatown" (1974) was good, now I'm watching "The Two Jakes (1990)", its sequel.

4 years ago*

Just re-watched: Batman: mask of the phantasm

Other movies:
Kubo and the two strings
Ratatouille7

4 years ago

"Unbreakable" (2000) with Bruce Willis. I liked. One of these days I'll see "Split" and "Glass"

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

4 years ago

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

4 years ago

Finally got to watch Captain Marvel.

You know, I have to admit that it actually was not that bad. Not the greatest Marvel movie but certainly not the worst.

And the great one, Stan Lee's cameo was just hilariously priceless.

4 years ago

4 years ago

Spectral (2016)
Black Hawk Down meets the XCOM series with a touch of MacGyver. The visuals are fantastic and they used the name of a real country!

View attached image.
4 years ago

Triple Threat πŸ‘

Close πŸ‘

Shaft πŸ‘

Curfew (S01) πŸ‘

4 years ago

What Happened to Monday (2017)
Interesting action movie. I'm not the type who enjoys actions scenes much, but I liked this one a lot. The plot, the characters, the build up--everything was thrilling and interesting. I also liked how the same actress played 7 different characters. I think she was a good match for that role.

Gone Girl (2014)
I mean... The movie is fine/good-ish, I've never read the book so I can't compare, but I'm not a big fan of "psycho-wife" trope. I like how the whole thing becomes kind of a challenge between the two of them but... probably won't rewatch any time soon.

The Greatest Showman (2017)
Musicals, Zac Efron, Hugh Jackman, and the circus--no need to say more. I enjoyed this one as well.

4 years ago

4 years ago

I finally saw Alita - Battle Angel, and oh god, it was amazing. I am quite sad, that i did not saw it in cinema, and that i am pretty sure it wont get a sequel. :(

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

4 years ago

Hellboy
LionsGate fell flat with this current fad of getting promising horror directors, to work on superhero films, or perhaps they banked on the wrong horse, Neil Marshall highest point was during the early 2000s.
Hellboy wasn't as bad as the trailer promised, the terrible cgi and green screen is present, but that trailer really was a condensed version of all that seems off with the new Hellboy.
but even after watching the full movie, there's a lot of questionable choices and barely any breathing room. why do i feel there's a bunch of hyperbolic critic reviews somewhere?
No joke, this journey has one of the worst flow ever.It loves to nonchalantly teleport characters and items to the desired location, just to move the plot forward.Well, the journey isn't as important i guess, I feel like if Neil got to adapt Lord of The Rings, he would have concluded the story it in 60 min.
There's a shitload of other problems though.
The fact that no one knew how to direct and choreograph a superhero action scene, I mean, Neil knows how to make camp films, with the action and horror themes, some of the humour, points towards that direction, but the ratio is more like 30% camp and the rest is really lame and generic.
Perhaps what's most embarrassing, is that they were aware of that, and the solution was to switch an original soundtrack for generic rock songs.They really thought they could hype you up for a fight by playing a song you will recognize, never mind the fact that they do not at all fit with the story or the action sequence. Its more like someone was blasting music outside.
Also, this edgy r-rated film with an older Hellboy, still has him crying and acting like a angsty teen because daddy didn't tell him he wasn't a normal boy. It's almost like Del Toro was on point with a younger hellboy, and the changes he made to the source material did not require a reboot

4 years ago*

Well, I thought I should watch it because I saw OK-ish movies blasted by critics, but after you pointing out so many negatives and others saying the same, you just convinced me it's just time wasting.

4 years ago

I didn't want to believe it myself, I was even hopeful after the trailer came out that it would be servisable
Really like Dog Soldiers and The Descent, just wanted him to succeed and return to form, but damn...next to this, Doomsday is a masterpiece

4 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

4 years ago

The Square 9/10
Okja 8/10
Beanpole 9/10
Parasite 9/10
The Mirror 10/10

Looks like I've been doing a damn fine job at choosing what to watch lately.

4 years ago

Shazam

4 years ago

Deep Cover (1992)

Pretty good hidden gem of a movie. Great story, great cast (Laurence Fishburne (in his first leading role), Jeff Goldblum and other talented people.)
Definitely a recommendation from me.

4 years ago

T-34
World of Tanks live action.

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.