Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Ocean's 8 -- and contrary to what the consensus here seems to be, I really enjoyed it 🤷🏼‍♀️

4 years ago

I still have to see this one, re-watched 11's and 12 on netflix (i think) and those two are time worthy, so will give a chance to 8s too

4 years ago

I mean it's really different, don't get me wrong, but I mean I'm here and ready for all female leads films.

4 years ago

4 years ago

John Wick Chapter 2

4 years ago

Toy Story 4

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

4 years ago

Tab Hunter Confidential - By the numbers documentary much elevated by the charm and integrity of its subject, as he talks about navigating his career as a major movie star and teen idol in the buttoned up, closeted culture of 1950's era Hollywood.
Hellboy (2019) - I just had to see for myself how just about every wrong decision concerning script, direction, pacing and casting could be rolled up into an big expensive package and foisted on an unsuspecting public.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

4 years ago

Hellboy (2019) - I just had to see for myself how just about every wrong decision concerning script, direction, pacing and casting could be rolled up into an big expensive package and foisted on an unsuspecting public.

David Harbour looks and sounds pretty good as Hellboy in my opinion. And that's all the good things I have to say about that movie.

4 years ago

Pretty much, lol
There's like 2 great actors that stumbled into this project, and one was poorly used.
Its a waste to see Ian McShane get cast just because they want him to do an opening voice-over narration

4 years ago

Spider-Man: Far From Home 10/10 i really enjoyed this movie

4 years ago

4 years ago

The Guest 2015 - pretty interesting slow-burn Korean thriller
Hellboy 2019 - crap movie, no story whatsoever, wasted talent of David Harbour as main character and weak CGI. Even if you not compare this to great Del Toro films, its still awful in own right.
Point Blank 2019 - this action flick got some nice cinematography but overall it was really forgettable. And despite being a little oven an hour long it has some boring moments
When They See Us 2019 - powerful mini-series with great acting
Burning 2018 - had high hopes for this Korean film after all the hype from critics, but it was meh at best, not a thriller, not a drama, something that trying to be both but failing.
Il grande silenzio 1968 - somehow missed this masterpiece, but its great western. Deserve as much attention as Leone trilogy.
Alita Battle Angel 2019 - lead character is nice but overall i wasn't surprised this film bombed in box office, it looks fun, lots of action, CGI is worth to see but its totally forgettable after few days.
Shazam 2019 - enjoyable film, glad that DC continue to do right choices after previous DCU disaster

4 years ago*

4 years ago

Ty, jak ty się nazywasz, bo zapomniałem. Kolec? Stolec?

4 years ago

• Bolec.
  • A więc uważnie mnie posłuchaj, Bolek. Byłeś w Stanach?

Ten film to kopalnia tekstów.

4 years ago

Venom
Was pretty decent really. But the CGI is pretty cheap overall, which doesn't help.

4 years ago

Star wars 8 , with my father (netflix)

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

4 years ago

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

4 years ago

Shazam is a really good watch, granted all I know about the character is what I've seen in the Nether Realms game so I'm not judgey about the content of the movie as a fan would be. But it was a really good watch :).

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

4 years ago

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2278388/

Grand Budapest Hotel - great movie, saw it today :)

4 years ago

👍

4 years ago

4 years ago

Backdraft 2. What a waste of time. Not even close to being on par with the first one (which wasn't even that great to begin with). I was truly relieved when the credits rolled.

4 years ago

Toy Story 4, it was better than I expected. 8/10

4 years ago

4 years ago

Escape Plan 2: Hades
i generally avoid mediocre films, but i often jump head first for trash fires...this is only the first of a few ive seen recently.
The original was fine, it was far to influenced by 80s action and didn't bring any new changes towards Prison/ future prison films.
There was nowhere to go from there, but you could tell they had plans to milk it dry, for the little there eve was.
I am however amazed, we got 2 sequels out of it. Even more surprising is that, this one?...its the worst sequel by far, its bottom of the barrel for ya.
What's important to know is that Stallone is on screen for about 10 min, and much like David Carradine and his own trash movies, he left his acting ability at home, the body however is there, as it is important he brings that fat paycheck.
if the original was a copy of a 80s film, this was the clone you grab by mistake out of the bin
Anyway,the plot is indeed terrible, but what stands out the most was the artificial film grain, and the unnatural shaky cam.
...and the fast editing...and the bad choreography...and the set design.
Honestly i should have stop watching when a movie shot in digital has film grain. Let's be honest, nothing good is going to come out of it.
Seriously we get this, meanwhile im still waiting for Bullet to the head 2
1/10

Escape Plan 3: The Extractors
At this point China was funding this just to introduce upcoming chinese actors. It even got a theatrical release that hopefully, septuagenarians can watch while their wasting time at the shopping center.(its just 90min)
And you know what, it was better than expected. The plot is the same bland crap, and it's still digital.
but gone are the post effects, the prison is slightly better looking, though im basically comparing it to 4 white walls and 10 blinding white lights.
the choreography is really good, though the film is still a waste of time. I don't know who edited these, but both have, so many random cuts.
oh yeah, Sly got more screen time, though he is not the lead actor. In any case, he has his own production, so there will be better cheesy 80s flicks. There's no reason to watch this.
3.5/10
Death Race 4: Beyond Anarchy
Another franchise that survived rock bottom. No joke Roel Reiné was grossly incompetent. It was really fun to watch the 2 sequels he made.
I had this feeling he was obsessed with Luke Goss, which well, its Death Race, its not exactly a "Straight man" movie.
But now we actually got a proper B-movie director, if there's a sequel no one asked for, this guy probably made it.
From him, i advise watching Half Past Dead, likely the most ridiculous Steven Seagal movie.
this one is entertaining too, and either they managed the money better or got more funding because it looks considerably better than the previous 2.Trejo and Glover are back, and both do actually seem to be enjoying their time.
So this one is a mash up between Death Race and Mad max. They made Frankenstein the villain and finally got rid of dull corrupt warden.
btw, frankenstein is voiced by Nolan North. Doubt he actually seen the movie.
it's not exactly classic Death Race, but it sort of betrays Paul´s universe. lol, especially by dropping the homoeroticsm.
Also, previous films give 0 importance to its women characters, or as much as the cars were worth, while this one is in conflict with itself. It goes from powerful female only teams, to women having to degrade themselves.
5/10
Batman: Hush
Thought this one was legit good. It really focuses more on the detective side of things, and interactions between the heroes and villains
The animation looks more fluid than usual, but there's certainly less action this time. Dont know why everything batman related needs to be huge fight after huge fight, of powerful beings that arrive on earth. This is closer to what i like
Batman goes through a lot in this one, and not everything's about mentally or physically breaking the bat
There's a romantic plot here, that wasn't done in poor taste and actually had a point.
7/10
Where the Dead Go to Die
i will send this back to the pits of hell, from where it shouldn't have ever come out. I have a theory that our edgy boy ScreamerClauz had a troubled childhood being raised in a devoted christian family. This is him acting out, throwing a tantrum.
Its shock value. It presents a series of poorly connected stories of people who blindly answer to a supreme identity. Be it Nation or God.
That is both the concept and the entirety of the content for this one. Maybe it was possibly made as a cautionary tale or something.
But the events are so ludicrous and disgusting without any real message or anything.
It's a snuff film...still better than escape plan 2 though
2/10

View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
4 years ago*

I didn't know about Death Race 4: Beyond Anarchy. I like this franchise. Thanks UlverHausu. :)

4 years ago

2012 👍

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.