Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Deep Impact πŸ‘

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

4 years ago

Blade Runner πŸ‘

The Boys (S01) πŸ‘

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

4 years ago

The Girl With All the Gifts. Surprisingly, this movie was a LOT better than I expected. Just roves that the English can make a better zombie-esque movie than the US can.

4 years ago

Avengement πŸ‘

4 years ago

Hellboy(2019), just dont

4 years ago

Aladdin
Its overall decent.
surprisingly, i assumed Guy Ritchie would join Tim Burton in being a lame sell out.
But instead this takes some liberties, and while most of its highs fall on the cast that bring a lot of energy to their roles, the costume and set design. It is at least servisable
while very unlikely that i would watch this again. This is a fairly acceptable choice. There is a clear pacing issue with the (1992) original. They might have done too much, which well...i never said this was a good film.
One scene in particular is really jaring, because they do an immediate time jump, when Aladdin crashes JafarΒ΄s wedding, except he had just been teleported elsewhere in the previous scene. That's one fast magic carpet
It helps that it has real actors, instead of an entire list of photorealist animal characters. Can you imagine how weird...oh wait!
and you still lose the cartoony movements and facial expressions, its just not that important in Aladdin, i dont think

To be honest, the original is not particularly great either, it feels like a few episodes coupled together plus some great music.

Now for the lows. (2019) has enough of them to elevate it to meme status.
It feels more than they were fully aware and playing with critic or old fans expectations.
Your introduction to Will Smith as a genie comes with an intentionally embarrassing song, that works as a "got you" moment, except its most likely reverse psychology, making wish for recycled songs.
And if you think that's embarrassing, there's more
Jasmine's song "Speechless" is a literal music video clip.

and if you are a good boy and wait for the end credits, you will be rewarded with a song by Will Smith and DJ khaled himself. Seriously if you skipped it, you just played yourself. And it is most likely not a joke, since these days will Smith seems to be sharing a king size bed with DJ Khaled, but its still an entertaining reward after watching the movie, i mean Fresh Prince was indeed a thing back that was on tv in 1992

As a side note, we need a Genie and the Handmaiden side sequel to Aladdin,her delivery at times made me think of Chelsea Peretti from Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

6/10

4 years ago*

Dwane Johnson the Rock in that barbarian movie in cinemas years ago.

4 years ago

The Scorpion King?

4 years ago

Hercules (2014) ?

4 years ago

I forgot that he played Hercules in that.

4 years ago

He played a guy that thought he was hercules

4 years ago

Maybe, i dont remember, my dad took nearly the whole family out to see it, i think it was good, just nothing memorable.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

"Kubo and the two strings" (2016)
Love the art style and the voice acting,

View attached image.
4 years ago

Amazing movie

4 years ago

Once Upon a Time ... in Hollywood
Pretty good, the storytelling is a bit weird and I see why people are upset because of the Bruce Lee scenes but I enjoyed it....but I still think it was one of Tarantino's weaker films.

4 years ago

I watched it last night. Though the ambiance and setting are very, very, very well done, I really didn't like the lack of story. Scenes felt somewhat pointless, characters felt lacking and underdeveloped, and dialog was not interesting and felt mostly boring. I wouldn't say it was it weaker film but definitely the worst. Though I don't think it sucked that much I would definitely skip it in the future.

4 years ago

Fast and Furious: Hobbs and Shaw

This movie lived up to ALL my expectations. Absolutely loved every little thing about it. And the music in it makes it even better

4 years ago

Spiderman into the Spider-Verse

I am pleasantly surprised at how good it is

4 years ago

Last movie I watched was Hot Tub Time Machine 2. It's not a very good movie. But it's entertaining, so I enjoyed it.

4 years ago

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Pitfall (1962) - First collaboration between 3 of the most gifted new wave artists to emerge from post war Japan (or any other country) juxtaposes existential anxiety and displacement and corporate exploitation and oppression in a clever send-up of the traditional Japanese ghost story.

4 years ago

Zombie Tidal Wave. Not too bad. Ian Ziering picked up where he left off in Sharknado, albeit as a different character name.

Looks like they left off for a second. I'd watch it. I actually LOVED the Sharknado franchise.

4 years ago

4 years ago

This needs a sequel, we only need to breakout Walter Hill from whatever retirement home he was left at

4 years ago

Well said! 77 years is not a time for retirement. :)

4 years ago

Toy Story 4

4 years ago

Godzilla King of Monsters. They could have cut out the poorly written dialogue, the weak story, and the terrible acting, and I'd have been fine with just the big monster fights. Instead I had to sit through all that crap to get to the goods.

4 years ago

4 years ago

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.