Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

The Dead Don't Die.
Been dying (no pun intended) to see this ever since I saw the first trailer.

I was NOT disappointed. I LOVED it. Every second of it. It was hilarious at the right times. Even when Adam Driver said that the song is the theme and when he told Bill Murray that he read the whole script and Bill Murray complained that he only got his parts.

Tilda Swinton was just plain creepy in it and I thank her for it. I mean, she LOOKS creepy in it. No spoilers about it if you want to see it.

DEFIANTLY worth the watch. It's not perfect but it's still a lot of fun.

8/10. Might HAVE to add it to my physical collection one day.

4 years ago

I like the work of Jarmusch and was also waiting for it, but was not sure after seeing the reviews. Now that you said it's fun, reminded me to don't bother with the reviews in general, so I will give it a shot when I have the chance.

4 years ago

Yeah. I never listen top reviews. I see what I might like. And I like things the general majority of the people don't like and vice versa. IE- I HATED Avatar. Just because it's pretty to look at does not mean the rest of the movie isn't a complete trainwreck. If I paid to see it in the theaters, I'd have walked out on it and demanded not only MY money back but everyone else's as well.

4 years ago

IT Chapter 2 <3

4 years ago

Red Beard
I'm almost done with Kurosawa's lifework. 😥
Red Beard was quite interesting, didn't really fit into the other movies. Didn't expect such an emotional Japanese movie from the 1960s. 8/10

Submarine
Where Red Beard managed to affect me multiple times this highly regarded movie was just boring and annoying. 5/10

Coco
Holy Shit.
It began good and got just better and better. Not the best Pixar movie ever (FYI: WALL-E) but great nonetheless. 9/10

Captain Marvel
Seen it the second time now and still can't tell what problem others have with this flick. I've seen far weaker first MCU character movies. 8/10

Jaws
zZzZzZzZ
More than 90% of all horror movies bore me. The most interesting part is how dumb the protagonist might act. Jaws is no exception. 5/10

The Commuter
Had no idea what this movie would be about and that certainly made it more enjoyable. Good actors but the script isn't revolutionary. 6/10

Black Mass
Begins good but it's a bit too predictable and the end seems to drag on for too long. Still a 7/10.

4 years ago

Child's Play (2019), Chucky looks weird.

4 years ago

Death at a Funeral (2007)

British black comedy with interesting characters. Pretty funny and entertaining.

4 years ago

Point Break (1991)

Very entertaining movie with a great cast.

4 years ago

Um, Toy Story (1995)...family movie night on the screened-in porch last weekend. I had never seen it before.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

4 years ago

:)
Not sure which of my backlogs is worse.

4 years ago

Was eyeballing it for a while and decided to watch Anita Battle Angel. I didnt really expect much as sci fi isnt really my favorite genre, but I really did enjoy the movie. Story wasnt that predictable and it was well written. Aside from effects and acting - the story writing was done really well in my opinion. A bit disappointed in an openended ending. It sets itself up for a sequel while at the same time it can very well work without it. But I hope a sequel comes to us, and hopefully not after 20 years when we have all forgotten about Alita

Oh, and I watched Arctic as well. It totally took me by surprise. Its well structured movie. Although it resembles kind of a shortfilm youd expect on youtube (Yes, Im aware of who the director is) it feels very big and important. Mads gives great acting and really puts you at that place. Its not that memorable maybe, but its enjoyable like a fine piece of art it is.

4 years ago

The 300 Spartans (1962)

Good movie, nice cast.

4 years ago

The Wolf Man (1941)

Extremely influental early Universal horror film with a great cast.

4 years ago

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. FINALLY got to see it. Wasn't good but it wasn't bad, if that makes sense.
Pretty much a good 5/10 for me. Mainly for a certain ones artwork and the humor in it.

4 years ago

The Fanatic

It's fuck*ng terrible. It's really really bad, but bad in a bad way.

4 years ago

4 years ago

Hagazussa (2017)

Incredible cinematography, intense story about a woman in the 15th century slowly going insane. Not a lot of plot, but that's ok.

4 years ago

Creed, liked it...sadly Creed 2 isn't on Netflix yet.

4 years ago

Just saw Men in Black International.
Wasn't too bad. Better than MiB 2. And that's saying something.
For the gag reel, just go to 0:45 is this scene for something that was all KINDS of wrong. And I thanks them very much for that.

4 years ago

Another Earth (2011)

Interesting plot, good actors.

4 years ago

Who is Hanna - or Hanna

Anyone who saw the associated Amazon series, is it worth watching it?

4 years ago

Toy Story 4
Not quite a home-run like Toy Story 3 but still a pretty good movie
8/10

4 years ago

Mr. Sardonicus (1961)

Fantastic horror movie, great cast, very interesting plot, shocking reveal.

4 years ago

Upgrade (2018)

What a movie! Dark, gritty, brutal, technological... Amazing cyberpunk with an incredible twist ending. Definitely one of the best movies of 2018!

4 years ago

I concur!
It's a great movie!

4 years ago

Men in Black: International
Safe, boring, lacking in a few cases, but the overall issue is that it doesn't have much of an identity. It's very consistently mediocre, the stakes are low, which leads to something hard to hate and easy to forget, it won't leave a long lasting stain like MIB 2, the franchise won't be dragged down for it, if anything i already forgot most of it.
i don't care enough about this film. But other than being bland it has a few other problems. The dialogue for instance, the character motivations..
You can really feel all the writers patting themselves on the back after a bad joke.There is one line of dialogue followed by "thats deep" which...i am the last person to judge but, it reinforced that the previous line of dialogue sounds intelligent, even though you basically had nothing to add.
Also, this film does not start when it starts. It lacks a strong motivation for the main character to be part of the organization, other than she knows they exist.
After she becomes a MIB agent, we discover that there is a spy within the organization, and we meet the other agent, he does have some character progression, so... this is were the movie should have started.
4/10
Iron Sky: The Coming Race
it's a series of tropes, but it's a perfectly self aware action comedy.the moments are there, yet not forced down your throat, and the references are part of the plot, rather than a series of Cutaway gags.
6/10
The Intruder
You heard this story before, there were 2 scripts at Sony, a comedy starring Dennis Quaid and a Get Out rip off. 2 distracted interns slammed against each other and got the scripts all mixed up.
I don't even understand this movie. I know that Quaid is really good and creepy in it. but in a What About Bob? sort of plot
2/10
A Score to Settle
this was destined to be a terrible movie regardless. But within the Vigilante/revenge films, which is what it follows bit by bit, it has a painfully obvious mistake that renders half of the film pointless.
So, the main character played by Cage, is now reconstructing his life, reconnecting with is son, finds new love.
At no point, there is something that ignites thirst for vengeance, if anything he is getting back on track.
And from that, there is nothing that influences his decision to either stop or continue is quest, since he very easily cuts ties with everyone around him in that pursuit.
EDIT: FIXED: holy shit, im getting my Cage films mixed up. I got this confused with Seeking Justice.
1/10

4 years ago*

Nick Cage is like a bad drug that I can't stay away from. I might avoid this one, but I'm actually looking forward to The Color Out of Space, and maybe Running With the Devil too.

4 years ago

yeah, but he still manages to find a good script by sheer luck. Better than being a bruce willis fan
But when the movie sucks, good lord. How would he not loose his mind, most of these movies have the same plot. He has played the same character twice now across unrelated movies, quite a few times already. Like Port to call new orleans and DARK

4 years ago

I think he just likes to work and enjoys playing crazy when the role bores him, which, I admit I often find entertaining whatever the material. But he steps up when he's got hold of something good like Leaving Las Vegas and i wonder how he would do if he was offered something that good now. I liked Port of Call and I love Herzog movies in general - come to think of it, I admire the fearlessness of both of these guys. (Willis, on the other seems to play it safe.) Not seen Dark, but it appears to have a weird history.

4 years ago

it sure does, seen it recently.
it's a non official directors cut of dying of the light, the original was unfinished, the studio re edited and remixed the film and released it, without the directors consent.
Shrader then used work footage and released this on a torrent site. thematically different, though the footage is about the same you see in the original.Because Copyrights don't exist to protect the artist

studio fucks with Paul Schrader, then Cage, refn and Schrader fucked the studio

4 years ago

Glass 6/10

4 years ago

The Fountain (2006)

It's great for what he is, but what it is is not really a movie. It's more of an experience.

4 years ago

No Country for Old Men, been meaning to watch it for so long. Loved it a lot! Now to read the book. :)

4 years ago

I can vouch that, with the exception for one scene, the movie is scene for scene if not almost word for word the book.
Amazing movie and book.

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.