Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Shock Corridor (1963)

Very entertaining movie about a reporter who wants to win the Pulitzer so he pretends to be crazy until he gets himself commited to a mental institution to solve a murder there. But things go wrong.
Great acting, good cast, gripping plot.

4 years ago

Godzilla: King of the Monsters πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

probably the worst godzilla film including the 1997 one (which says a lot). hollywood cliche fest + broken family, just like they've been doing it since the 80s.

if hollywood made games, we would still be playing pac man.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

4 years ago

Candy Corn

Didn't enjoy it as much as i thought i would, the kills were underwhelming and story wasn't that good, the acting was alright, just wish Tony Todd had a bigger role.

4 years ago

ARQ (2016) 8/10
As a low budget sci fi flick, this trumps a lot of high budget movies. A Netflix original that I like.

View attached image.
4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Blindspotting (2018)

Such a powerful movie. Go watch it, it's great!

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Time after Time (1979)

Very interesting plot about H.G. Wells time-travelling to 1979's San Francisco to catch his friend who turned out to be Jack the Ripper. So entertaining! Great cast too.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Mr. Nobody (2009)

Non-linear storytelling, so it might not be a movie for everyone. But if you don't mind that non-linear storytelling, you're in for a treat. This movie really makes you think.

4 years ago

Between Two Ferns: The Movie

i saw som episodes from show. but now its movie from netflix.

4 years ago

The Fanatic
I apologise in advance, but i felt someone had to defend this movie a little bit. There was a critic push towards turning this into the next room, that i felt was undeserved.
well, any attention is good attention. But knowing that this film would likely get a mediocre rating, if it wasnt for both Travolta and Fred Durst
It's like critics want to make it worse than it really is, not for the film itself, but the people involved

Its a 5/10

The potential is lost from the ambiguity of the plot, not to even mention the plot holes.
it's as much deep as a Limp Bizkit song. Better not to talk about Durst musical career. He is somehow less annoying these days, took him long enough to leave his teen phase.
Story is set in Hollywood. The place where narcissism grows on billboards. It puts Moose, a mentally unstable man, in a place he is mostly ignored, among leeches and fans, that share a common goal, even if his is non monetary and more personal, to the point of turning him into dangerous person, as he cultivates his own obsession towards a certain movie star, virtually unchecked.
Moose gets work and a place to live, simply for sharing a common interest. In fact he has 3 friends, that are decided to ignore the signs. These share culpability for what is to come, though the movie never delivers it.
I think in the film Moose is on the spectrum, though he also comes across as being mentally impaired at points. but he would otherwise be a safe person to be around, had a group of people not supported his obsession, by giving him tools, he would otherwise be incapable of finding or using on his own.
The script, does not deliver past this, there doesn't seem to be much left to analyze, its purely a set up to match Moose with a mentally disturbed actor.
The actor himself, while accustomed to hide is real persona, drops the act, as Moose takes the role of a stalker.drug dependence, possible sex addiction, being a Limp bizkit fan, just to name a few examples.

Travolta taking the role of Moose.
Travolta is the reason why the movie is watchable, i don't even think in a bad way, though i do have some criticism. the movie isn't badly directed, or that bad to be honest, but the script is lacking, in contrast Travolta over performs.
the immediate issue is that i can't decide on what Moose is supposed to be, having a good idea of what he is portraying would go a long way.
On a more positive side, he does give the movie, that discomfortable feel to the events of the film.
Not understanding Moose, because his mental health is all over the place, he is capable enough to have a job, but he does not understand law, or death for that matter. He himself is an uncaring individual, though he is not exactly to blame, on things he isnt capable of showing or understanding
Basically Travolta just goes through a list of stereotypical Mental Illness tics, mashing them all in one character.
though i have to give him props for keeping consistent with his inconsistencies. I don't think he knows how to act autistic, but whatever this is, he nails it from beginning to end, and does not drop the act for one scene.
Which is harder than you think, especially because, he was clearly doing improv on camera. There are scenes, where he clearly was testing his dialogue and mannerism and would likely take other takes. Someone on edditing took the job of choosing them.
For example, the dude is obsessed with movies, but he shows similar confusion towards problems in the real world.In that he doesn't quite understand them. He contradicts himself, even when talking about movies.

ENDING - Spoilers.
Not that anyone has watched this, but i had to say it. The ending is either ambiguous or pure nonsense
The events lead to Hunter Dunbar ruthlessly attacking Moose, when he finds he was hiding inside his house, the attack was so violent, that Dunbar, let's Moose leave the house, knowing that Moose, would not go to the police, possibly hoping he would die on the streets.
What he did not know, not sure why he didn't see it, but Moose killed the housemaid unintentionally, Moose didn't know either.
The next day the police show at his door, so Dunbar turns himself in, thinking somehow Moose contacted police. When in fact, they found the maid body, and took him for questioning because, she was his mistress and there was probable motive.
Here is the problem, the movie ends here, with a killer at large.
It can be pointless because, Dunbar would likely defend himself. Especially knowing that the killer was inside his house. Us the viewers even know that Moose used the kids toothbrush aswell as taking a photo with the actor while inside the house.
The credits are even worse, because changes from the english costume to a pirate costume, on his street act.
No doubt making the best out of a terrible event, that made him loose a hand and an eye.
So the movie ends, with no real conclusion.

One last thing....Poppycock !!!

4 years ago*

Your comments and the trailer reminded me immediately of Misery, a movie that now looks downright prophetic, (that's one way to get that GOT rewrite) while this one appears to have missed its mark, if it actually had one. One reviewer was kind - maybe I'll have a look. The autism though - such a weird choice.

4 years ago

I just saw captain marvel! going through the whole MCU (well I started with endgame for some weird reasons so I had to go back a few years =P).. quite a nice movie!

4 years ago

Anna πŸ‘

4 years ago

Music of my lifeπŸ’™πŸŽΆπŸ˜œπŸ˜Ž
https://youtu.be/bpcwe3hq1Dk

4 years ago

The Thin Man (1934)

Good comedy-mystery film. Nice plot, nice cast, nice dog.

4 years ago

Nice to see someone appreciating the classics. And yes, one of the best movie dogs ever :)

4 years ago

Dark Phoenix, shitty movie

4 years ago

Apparently Doom annihilation just got leaked...seems like someone was hungry for memes

4 years ago

Dark Phoenix. All in all not as bad as everyone made it out to be. Yes, I agree that it's nowhere NEAR as good as the original storyline from the books. They could have done a LOT more and a LOT better but still, not too bad.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

4 years ago

4 years ago

4 is better :)

4 years ago

I remember. :) I just watch one by one - I will also watch part 4 for sure.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

I haven't seen this movie. What you think about the original?

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago*

:o
Im gonna stop you right there.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

4 years ago

Criminal πŸ‘

4 years ago

Between Two Ferns: The Movie (2019) .... it's a really trashy film, which I knew I was in for so maybe 6.5/10.

4 years ago

I saw a trailer for this yesterday, it looked fun :D

4 years ago

Well it is fun but the humor at least for me got boring over time...still enjoyable to watch.

4 years ago

Polar - and it was fun, it's like poor mans John Wick :)

4 years ago

Three Identical Strangers (2018)

Great documentary, genuinely one of the most gripping stories you'll ever hear! An emotional rollercoaster! Absolutely watch this if you don't know the story but also watch it if you have heard of it before.

4 years ago

Spider-Man: Far from Home πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

found the post-credits scenes more entertaining than the whole movie. well, at least they killed and they are gonna reboot it for the 54987684576 time.

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.