Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

last movie I watched was Parasite, and I see why it is acclaimed as one of the best movies of 2019.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

4 years ago

Marathon Man (1976)

One of the best thrillers I've ever seen. Great cast, Laurence Olivier's performances was especially mesmerizing. I was on the edge of my seat almost the whole time.
Never knew this movie would be THIS good or I would've watched it ages ago!

Edit: I just read that Sir Olivier was undergoing cancer treatment during the shooting of this movie and he still delivered THAT performance. Incredible!

4 years ago

Is it safe?

4 years ago

The Irishman (2019)

Rewatched it yesterday, still very good. Maybe not as great as on the first watch, though.

4 years ago

I don't know if this counts, but I recently finished 'Late Shift' which is just a movie with interactive choices (on Steam), and I really enjoyed it

4 years ago

Forgot to mention I saw Detective Pikachu last week. VERY not recommended.

4 years ago

Basquiat (1996)

Really good movie about a very important artist. Nice cast, too.

4 years ago

Videodrome (1983

It was... interesting to say the least.
Makes me miss practical effects, even though they looked dated they was still more enjoyable and felt more real than the cgi we get today.

4 years ago

Knives Out
Nice "whodunnit?" story. Acting, set design, camera work, sountrack all top notch.
9/10

4 years ago

Jumanji: The Next Level

Was pretty good overall, did almost everything I wanted to see in a sequel. That said, there were a few parts I think should have been changed/added/removed. Like the movie is overall kid friendly, and then out of nowhere they have a section that goes on for about 3 minutes talking about people removing/losing/sacrificing their balls/testicles...wtf?

4 years ago

4 years ago

Knives Out (2019)

It was very good. Beautiful cinematography, fantastic cast, interesting plot.
But there was just something missing. It's just not as enjoyable when in the end you find out that the one obvious person did it. The one person that was shown to be an asshole since the first time we saw them. Movies like this are just more fun when it's someone you really never expected.

4 years ago*

There are all assholes. πŸ˜…
Don't spoil!! πŸ˜…

4 years ago

I mean yes, but wouldn't you also have preferred someone else more? And hospitals don't call you to tell you someone's okay, right? That was at least kinda obvious to me, immediately thinking "oh, she died"....

4 years ago

yeah true. But I found him at first totally argorrant in a good way. I mean at first at taught he did not care about money. :D

4 years ago

Baskin (2015)

Turkish surrealist horror movie. Nice cinematography, great creepy atmosphere, very gory. Very fucked up movie. And that ending. Mindfuck!
This was definitely something. Damn...

4 years ago

Knives out
Great film. 😎πŸŽ₯πŸ‘The plot is really well put and the actors are good.

4 years ago

Parasite

Great film, but I still don't get the hype

4 years ago

Network (1976)

It's really really good. Great performances, brilliantly written.
Like Sidney Lumet (the director of this movie) said about it: "Once it opened, everybody kept saying, β€˜Oh, what a brilliant satire.’ But Paddy and I always said, β€˜This isn’t satire, it’s sheer reportage.’ "

He was right if you think about it. This 1976 movie predicted what TV is like nowadays.

4 years ago

The Young Cannibals .

Not bad. Rather predictable though. What I did like about it was that it felt like a throwback to the older horror movies. Including a slow moving monster, bad lighting and ancient ambient music.

6/10.

4 years ago

airplane! 1980

super outdated, i couldn't laugh a single time. πŸ™„

4 years ago

Classic. You can't make them like that anymore.

In fact, if you tried in this day and age, you would offend practically every special interest group out there.

Airplane is EASILY one of my favorite comedies.

4 years ago

Great film. Top secret and The Naked Gun are even better imo

4 years ago

Atlantique (2019)

Interesting movie, almost completely in Wolof, a language spoken in Senegal.
Good plot, nice acting.

4 years ago

Gerald's Game (2019)

Read the book ages ago, must be at least 10 years. Good adaptation. Nice atmosphere, pretty bloody at some points. Still prefer the book, though.

4 years ago

I had a movie night a couple of days ago.

Knives Out
Classical whodunnit mystery. Pretty decent with a nice cast and a ok twist.

Zombieland 2 Doubletap
Loved it. It's fast, funny, it delivers. Liked the 1st one? You'll like this one as well.

4 years ago

Sleuth (1972)

Very entertaining plot, great cast and performances and an incredible twist you'll absolutely NEVER see coming! Oh, and another one. And another one. And...

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

4 years ago

Nice to see some appreciation for A.I. That movie gets a lot of hate.

4 years ago

JoJo Rabbit (2019)

The premise may be stupid, but it's a genuinely good movie. And keep in mind, it's a satire.

4 years ago

Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker - there are good things and some not so good. Overall liked, but not loved.

Zombieland - tired and just generally straining for laughs, and relied too heavily on its predessessor. But Zoey Deutch kept me awake.

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.