Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Bride of Re-Animator (1989)

Very bloody. Nice effects, interesting story. Those last 15 minutes were nice and fucked up, exactly how I like it. Undoubtedly inspired by Bride of Frankenstein.

4 years ago

4 years ago

I Lost My Body, best animated film of the year

4 years ago

Edge of Tomorrow (2014)

Still as fun to watch as the first time. Nothing exceptionally good, but not bad either. Watched it with my father yesterday evening and after the second "repeat" he audibly moaned and asked if it's gonna be like that the whole time, but in the end he did enjoy it.

4 years ago*

Beyond Re-Animator (2003)

Not as good as the other movies in the trilogy, but still an interesting plot, even if literally goes beyond Lovecraft's Re-Animator.

4 years ago

Pacific Rim 2

4 years ago

Sister Act II, I never got to watch it as a kid, and wow, it's everything amazing taken from Sister Act and more.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

4 years ago

Red Dragon (2002)

4 years ago

The Lighthouse (2019)

Great cinematography, chilling atmosphere, fantastic performances. Definitely Robert Pattinson's best ever performance and one of Willem Dafoe's best ones, too. One of the best movies of 2019!

4 years ago

Rambo Last Blood

You know what? It was actually really good. The way the movie unfolded felt like they really went back to their roots. Like they took the best things from First Blood and ran with it.

A solid 8/10.

If this would be the last Rambo movie, I can be happy with the way they ended it.

4 years ago*

Jett (S01) 👍

Doomsday 🤙

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

4 years ago

Uncut Gems (2019)

By far one of Adam Sandler's best performances. It's a bit chaotic from time to time but so entertaining! Such a gem of a movie.

4 years ago

The Wizard of Oz (1939)

Finally watched this! What a beautiful movie. Everyone apart from me already watched it, so I don't have to talk a lot about it, but I really enjoyed it. True classic.

4 years ago

If anyone cares, here's the full list of all the movies I've watched in 2019.
https://www.listchallenges.com/every-movie-ive-seen-in-2019-by-currykingwurst

Also happy new year!

4 years ago

The Deer Hunter (1978)

Talk about character development. In just over 3 hours there's a lot of that in this movie. And all those russian roulette scenes had me on the edge of my seat. Great movie!

4 years ago

A Boy And His Atom (2013)

An animated short film made with actual atoms. Not the best story ever, but a great accomplishment.

4 years ago

Little Big Man (1970)

Great tale of a long life. Very good movie. Nice performances, especially by Dustin Hoffman.

4 years ago

In the Mouth of Madness (1994)

If you thought The Lighthouse (2019) was lovecraftian, watch this one. Damn!

4 years ago

Mouth of Madness was fantastic movie. Now watch the People Under the Stairs.

And also check out Antichrist and The Girl Next Door. The Girl Next Door is based off actual events.

4 years ago

Just watched the Lighthouse, but I wouldn't call it Lovecraftian. Besides the light part, there isn't any cosmic horror in that movie. I think it was more of a mystery character drama, with an unreliable narrator, so the audience questions everything.
Mouth of Madness was really great though.

4 years ago

I know but a lot of people called it lovecraftian because they don't know better.

My comment wasn't meant like "If you thought this was good, this one is similar" but more like "If you think this genre describes this movie, you should watch a movie that this genre actually describes".

4 years ago

LOGAB the wolverine

4 years ago

rewatched resident evil 6, because i was doing the whole franchise again but this time watching 4 5 and 6 in 3d. i was wrong. i thought i remembered 5 being the worst, but having to choose between a 40 minute movie stretched out to 80 by sickening amounts of slow motion, or a movie that manages to be more nonsensical than the combined efforts of the 5 movies that came before (even despite attempts to create an overarching plot explanation for all the retarded nonsense that those 5 movies comprised) AND is (more criminally) composed of a soul-damaging amount of shakey cam and quick cuts... yeah.. i've made my choice, and re6 is the worst of all the re movies. fucking hell did that film upset me.

4 years ago

The Big Lebowski 7/10

4 years ago

I rewatched Interstellar (2014) on 1st with my friend while trying to recover from the excesses of new year's eve. What can I say, for me it's a 10/10, and the very best scifi movie since 2001: A Space Odissey.
Actually the last movie I watched was Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales just today, because I was doing a rewatch of the saga since past week, but I don't think it's worth mentioning :p Interstellar is way better.

4 years ago

Marriage Story: Probably the best movie I've seen from last year. Parasite might beat it, we'll see.

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.