Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Rampage (2018)

Stupid but fun action. I was in the mood for some popcorn flick so I rewatched this one.
Still as dumb but entertaining as the last time.

4 years ago

Anal Craving MILFs 8 (2020) 6/10

4 years ago

Horse Girl (2020)

It's really something different, pretty experimental film. Some people might feel that it's too weird or confusing but I think that's kind of the point, to make you feel like the main protagonist in a way.
Nice cinematography, great atmosphere. Probably not everyone's cup of tea.

4 years ago

Dolemite Is My Name (2019)

Great story, really good performances, incredible cast!
Should've at least gotten a nomination for Best Original Score and Wesley Snipes for Best Supporting Actor. And Best Costume Design, too. Probably a Best Lead Actor nom for Eddie Murphy as well. Now I'm not saying it would've won any of those, but it definitely should've gotten a few nominations. And no, awards don't make a film good. But a film this good should've gotten a bit of recognition. I almost missed out on this gem.
If you have a Netflix account, go and watch this!

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

4 years ago

The Smart Set (1928) Very entertaining late silent rom-com about a young polo player who is just a little too big for his boots. It's a thin plot but William Haines holds the whole thing up with his improvisational antics - he was a funny guy. Interesting to know that he had a good run in Hollywood in the 20s and early 30s and was considered the #1 male box office draw by the late 20s while at the same time was unapologetically out and living openly with his partner.

The Lobster (2015) Maybe it's me - I just don't see a lot of humor in misanthropic, deadpan, surrealist comedy. I don't find much to explore in the themes here either - okay, we humans have been stuck in this societal monogamous holding pattern for quite some time now, which has been made even worse lately by the digital age of social media to the point where our perceived connections are becoming absurdly trivialized. I guess that's an interesting observation and certainly an opportunity for some satire, just not enough to prop up an entire movie - or at least not this one.

Captive State (2019) - Those pesky aliens again. Grim, slow - takes forever to get where it's going and where it's going is not that great. Waste of a perfectly good cast and an interesting alien design - and my time, of course.

Knives Out (2019) Good old-fashioned cat and mouse whodunit. Well crafted, terrific cast and writing and keeps you guessing.

4 years ago*

Dolemite (1975)

So bad it's good. Very low-budget, but hilarious! If you've seen Dolemite Is My Name you really should watch this one, too.

4 years ago

Ralph Breaks the Internet - I liked it. Upside: more of the same stuff. Downside: more of the same stuff. Spoiler about antagonist and bit of plot
I have mixed feelings about Greatest Pal Ralph fucking stuff up because of selfish thinking, but at the same time they've been living in literal candiland, without anything to really challenge, or change their friendship. Antagonist is again a virus, again Ralph is at fault. Instead of it being about his pride, this time it is jealousy-motivated. Come on, man!

Alita: Battle Angel: A very fun action movie for a peaceful night, the 7/10 type: Overall very solid, but not super outstanding in its league. Slight downside: feels like it's a prequel for an already existing movie. We get pieces of characters, locations, history, connections, and so on. As a piece, it would fit in nicely into a jigsaw-puzzle that doesn't exist yet. Or a first book with deliberately open storylines and references to the past. Doesn't take away from the fun of the movie, but I really wish there were more of it.

Event Horizon: horror-thriller in a science-fiction environment. If half reminded me of Alien, half of Hellraiser, with a sprinkle of The Thing . Absolutely amazing movie from 1997, somehow the environment's rough state and practical effects give a really gritty sensation. While there are some sudden flashback-scenes, the movie doesn't rely on jumpscares, but on its heavy, sinister atmosphere. It was a real joy to see it finally!

4 years ago*

Office Space (1999)

Funny story, good cast. Most of use probably had a shitty boss at some point, so I guess we can relate.

4 years ago

+1. Fantastic movie. Now watch one of his other movies with some of the same cast - Idiocracy.

4 years ago

I love Idiocracy! Watched it a few years ago.

4 years ago

Hunt for the Wilderpeople (2016)

Heartwarming story, true gem of a movie. Very talented cast, just a really entertaining film.

4 years ago

wow, how come you have so much time to watch so many movies?

4 years ago

I got a chronic condition, so I can't work right now. I don't wanna go any further into the matter though, if you don't mind.

4 years ago

The Killing of a Sacred Deer (2017)

The cinematography is stunning, but what else do you expect from a Yorgos Lanthimos film? Gripping story, I was on the edge of my seat for almost the whole time.

But it's disturbing and kinda fucked-up, so definitely not gonna be everyone's cup of tea.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

4 years ago

The Goonies (1985)

Why didn't I watch this earlier? It's a really good, entertaining movie. Great cast, very fun story. You probably all watched it as kids, so I don't have to tell you about it. :D

4 years ago

Bad Times at the El Royale

4 years ago

I really like this one.

4 years ago

The Farewell (2019)

Really good and emotional film. Lovely cinematography. Talented cast. No idea why it wasn't even nominated for anything at the Oscars (yes, I've heard why but that's bullshit, most of the movie is in mandarin).
For me this genuinely is one of the best movies of 2019.

4 years ago

Knives Out (2019)

It's murder mystery movie with some comedic elements, it was nominated for Oscar for Best Original Screenplay.
I really liked it.

4 years ago

4 years ago

Being There (1979)

Great movie, entertaining story, great performances. Especially by Peter Sellers. And that ending is just magical. What an absolute gem of a film!

4 years ago*

Snowpiercer (2013)

Just rewatched it again. Still a great movie!

4 years ago

Same director as Parasite. Haven't seen parasite yet though.

4 years ago

Bong Joon-Ho is a genius. Check out Mother, Memories of Murder, Okja, The Host as well as Parasite.

4 years ago

avengers ) not in mood to see movie these days

4 years ago

The Fisher King (1991)

Very good movie with a great cast and an interesting story. Directed by Terry Gilliam, so you know it's something else. Pretty moving overall.

4 years ago

Wonder Boys (2000)

Can't really put my finger on it, but it's a lot better than I expected. Great cast, pretty interesting story.

4 years ago

Zardoz (1974)

It's a weird one for sure, but still very entertaining. One of those "so bad it's good movies". You can't even really explain this movie. Saying "it's weird" is the most fitting description for it. But it's definitely worth the time. Go watch it!

4 years ago

ip man 4

pretty weak compared to previous films, but it's good that they gave it closure.

4 years ago

Parasite. It only cost US$17.50 at the theatre...not even IMAX.

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.