Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Walk, Run, Cha-Cha (2019)

Interesting documentary short about love.

4 years ago

Joker: Good movie, I can see why some people hate it but me and wify loved it.
Starship Troopers 3: Marauder: Yes.. I am making her suffer through all the movies! She liked the first one but after 2-3 i think she might have thoughts of leaving me :D

4 years ago

Life Overtakes Me (2019)

Interesting documentary short about something called Resignation Syndrome.

4 years ago

Sister (2018)

Damn, that one hits hard. If you have siblings, watch this movie and then go hug them.
Really good and a big contender for Best Animated Short.
Great animation!

4 years ago*

Dcera/Daughter (2019)

Interesting story about the bond between a father and his daughter. Nice stop-motion animation style.

4 years ago

Mémorable (2019)

Beautiful animation. This one hits really hard. Dementia is my one of my biggest fears in life. This animated short really shows what it must feel like. I never want to experience that.

4 years ago

The Edge of Democracy (2019)

Very emotional and personal perspective on brazilian politics. Really good documentary.

4 years ago

Terminator Dark Fate.
Actually, I thought it was rather good.

4 years ago

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

What kind of of clusterfuck was that? It's like they suddenly realized that this is the last movie of the Skywalker saga so they crammed every character into it. Not gonna go into details, because I don't wanna spoil.
Otherwise the story is (especially in the later parts) a pretty good wrap-up for the whole saga. At least for a casual Star Wars watcher like me. Yes, it could've been written better, but the major plot-points were good.
Sound design, music and cinematography are really good. What else do you expect from a Star Wars movie?

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

4 years ago

The Cave (2019)

Really good documentary about war and the female doctors in it. Similar to For Sama (2019), but still different in it's core. You should watch them both, they're both very important.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

4 years ago

I like your choices this week :)
The Sentinel - such a goofy, fun horror movie and yet genuinely creepy as well. Hope you found the uncut version. The Hidden, of course and John Landis really likes First Men in the Moon - so do I. Race to Space looks interesting.

View attached image.
4 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

4 years ago*

What Did Jack Do? (2017)

David Lynch short about a detective (played by Lynch) interrogating a monkey (played by a monkey). Kinda weird, kinda funny, probably not everybody's cup of tea.

4 years ago

Bullyparade – Der Film (2017)

If you have never heard of the original Bullyparade or movies such as Der Schuh des Manitu (2001), (T)Raumschiff Surprise – Periode 1 (2004) or Lissi und der wilde Kaiser (2007) you probably won't enjoy this movie at all. It's relying a lot on you knowing and liking the characters from those movies. If you do know them you'll probably like this movie more. I liked it despite it's flaws.

4 years ago

The Taking of Pelham One Two Three (1974)

Very suspenseful thriller. Really captivating story and screenplay. Fantastic cast!

4 years ago

Motherless Brooklyn 6/10
Parasite 7/10

4 years ago

dark fate
what a piece of trash, even genisys or terminator 3 were better.
this movie is so cringy. 🤦‍♀️

4 years ago

Goldman v Silverman (2020)

Made by the Safdie brothers, starring Adam Sandler. If Uncut Gems was your main course, Goldman v Silverman can be your dessert. Best watched directly after Uncut Gems I guess. Very similar chaotic energy.

4 years ago

Detective Pikachu, I actually like how they render each Pokemon in Live Action style.

4 years ago

Rebel Without a Cause (1955)

Don't know why I've waited until the '20s to watch my first James Dean movie, but I did. So this was my first ever experience of James Dean on film. And damn, what a
talented guy he was! And to think that he was 2 years younger when he died that I am now?

About the movie: Great story, fantastic acting by James Dean and the rest of the cast.

4 years ago

I'm You, Dickhead (2014)

Funny short about time travel.

4 years ago

Iron Sky: The Coming Race (2019)
I was expecting a trashy film, just like the first one which I enjoyed....but this was not just trashy but also trash.
The writing was pretty bad, I didn't really care for the characters and the story was just mediocre at best.

4 years ago

Capes (2016)

Funny short about superheroes and sidekicks.

4 years ago

4 years ago

Terminator: Dark Fate
This might be a novel idea, if you keep repeating the same film and retconning the previous entries to justify serving the same formula, over and over again...please, dont! As bad as it was, the ending for Terminator 3 wasn't terrible, why not just go from there?
the alternate timelines have served no other purpose than to skip the writing process completely
2/10
Dark Waters
Its based on a true story. I mean, the case was real, it took 20 years to win that battle. The chemical in question, C8, used to make teflon, is most likely in your blood. Though the story mainly revolves around a lawyer trying to protect and find justice for a small town from a dupont chemical plant that was contaminating the waters nearby. Through negligence, corporate corruption, or the fact one lawyer was battling against a large corporation. The chemical ended resulting in cases of cancer and dead cattle due to the contaminated waters.
it's just how the film presents its drama and legal side of things. Its angry and formulaic, it's a movie. I guess if you want better you can watch a documentary.
5/10
Just Mercy
Another adaptation i didn't like all that much. i think it's a disservice to the actual person. It misses some essential points for focusing too much on one death row prisoner and the color of his skin.
when in fact, Bryan Stevenson represented multiple people on death row. It wasn't so much their race,although racism was part of it. but the fact the lower social class could not find equal access to justice, in a state with a death penalty.
Perhaps most strange is that this film inadvertently ends with the Post credits information completely twisting the otherwise happy ending.
you know how Ed Wood ends with everyone applauding and it's a great happy ending, then the credits role and everything else in his life went to shit. So in here, this big hollywood film, McMillian finally finds justice, and then they throw a ice bucket at you with some real facts.
it only makes sense, if i spent 6 years waiting in death row i would probably come out mentally broken as well, question is, why remove that from the film?
5/10

4 years ago*

Memories of Murder (2003)

Brilliant crime drama by director Bong Joon-Ho based on real events. Starring Song Kang-ho among an equally talented cast. (So if you recently watched Parasite and want to check out more very good korean cinema from the same director with an actor who was also in Parasite, go and watch this.)
Very gripping thriller story, good cinematography, really good performances. The whole movie was great, but the latter half was particularly stunning.

Spoilery "fun" fact: While the murderer wasn't caught back then (so they couldn't portray it as if he was) in late 2019 the murderer confessed. He's already serving a prison sentence for raping and killing his sister-in-law, and now he confessed to all the murders from the case this movie is about.

4 years ago*

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.