Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

The Expanse (S04) πŸ‘

Unlocked πŸ‘

4 years ago

The 40 Year Old Virgin (2005)
As hilarious as all the other times I've seen it... Simply put, a great comedy. Great dialogues, characters, performances, choices of actors and actresses... Everything great. 8/10

4 years ago

Charlie's Angels πŸ€™

4 years ago

The Good Liar (2019)

Pretty good story with some nice twists, great performances by Sir Ian McKellen and Dame Helen Mirren and by the rest of the cast was good, too.

4 years ago

Rewatched Gods of Egypt. Wow, I forgot how much fun that movie is.

4 years ago

Parasite.

Yes, it is really that good.

4 years ago

Kiki's Delivery Service. Most lighthearted movie I've ever watched. Recommend it.

4 years ago

It is amazing

4 years ago

Midway (2019)

4 years ago

Castello Cavalcanti (2013)

Lovely short-film by Wes Anderson. Beautiful camera-work. Good characters. Nice classic cars in some kind of Mille Miglia event, it seems like. Set in Italy in 1955.
What is it about? It's only 7 minutes long, so best you find out yourself.

I absolutely agree with what one comment under the film on Youtube says:

"It’s like an espresso shot of a Wes movie."

4 years ago

Ip Man (2008)
A biographical martial arts film based on the life of Ip Man, a grandmaster of the martial art Wing Chun and teacher of Bruce Lee. (c&p from wiki)

4 years ago

Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) - again

Yesterday evening in Free-TV while working home office xD

4 years ago

The Art of Self-Defense (2019)

Good dark comedy about karate and metal and self-defense. Nice cinematography and cast. Jesse Eisenberg delivers a pretty good performance.

4 years ago

Ip Man 2 (2010)

4 years ago

Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker 5/10

4 years ago

Was feeling a little sick, so I relaxed and watched Starship Troopers (1997),
Tremors (1990), and currently watching Major League (1988)

A bit later, I plan on watching Jurassic Park (1993) and Back to the Future 1&2 tomorrow.

4 years ago

Dheepan (2015) - A guerrilla of the Tamil Eelam flees Sri Lanka with a woman and 9 year old orphan posing as his family, only to be settled in a shitty banlieue north of Paris, infested with petty drug lords and plagued by violence. The evolution of this ersatz family of displaced people struggling to find a place in an unfamiliar and unfriendly land and with each other is very well done. Some people say the end is too much, but I thought it was just right.

Doctor Sleep (2019) Just an excuse to revisit the Overlook apparently. And a very tedious one at that. I wanted to like it, but it was tripe.

The Wailing (2016) Horror/thriller police procedural with comedic undertones that turns out to also be about faith, superstition and prejudice. It's tonal shifts are unsettling, surprising and very deft. Like the best horror movies, there are layers here and depth. Haven't seen one this good in a long time.

4 years ago*

The Beyond 1981
Everything you have come to expect from the mastermind of Lucio Fulci, the master of Italian horror cinema.

4 years ago

Fraktus - Das letzte Kapitel der Musikgeschichte (2012)

Funny german mockumentary about the fictitious techno pioneers Fraktus. Very good, lots of well-known german musicians in this movie.

4 years ago

Blue Season (2013)

Interesting sci-fi short film starring Daisy Ridley. Good for being made in 48 hours.

4 years ago

Sonic The Hedgehog - Shockingly fun movie, Jim Carrey's ham factor is VERY high (and whether that is good or not is up to you), but I really actually enjoyed it. But I have an affinity for Sonic, so.....

4 years ago

1917 - not impressed at all. Hyped movie, but not sure what was supposed to be good. Take out the knowledge of the 'single shot' type filming and you're left with a very average war movie. No real tense moments, no plot twists, very little dialogue, and the 'character development' in the first half hour or so wasn't enough for me to care what happened to the main character. Very disappointing.

4 years ago

Dogfight (1991)

After Joaquin Phoenix mentioned his late brother River in his Oscars speech I thought I'd watch one of River's movies. So I checked some out and the first one that caught my eye was this one.

So, about the movie itself. It had a really good story, good acting. A nice look on California in the early 60's.

4 years ago

Skipped (2017)

Good sci-fi short that starts out as a comedy but then gets dark. It's kinda like a short Twilight Zone episode.

4 years ago

Knives Out 7/10

4 years ago

The Passenger (1975)

Seems to be a very underrated Jack Nicholson film. Or did YOU know it exists? Great story, great acting. Could've been longer. (The original cut was 4 hours long, would've loved to see that one.) Stunning sound work as well. The whole movie sounds like what the main character would hear.

This movie is actually one of Jack Nicholson's favourites of his own work. So go watch it if you're a fan of his.

4 years ago*

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.