Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

1917, perhaps the most important (anti)war film depicting World War 1.Absolutely incredible and definitely some ofNolan's Sam Mendes' best work for me.

4 years ago*

That's weird....since it's not a Nolan film :D
Dunkirk was the Nolan film, set in WW2 and his next one is Tenet.
I'm probably going to watch it though, so I'm glad it's good.

4 years ago

Holy shit, can't believe I did that! Was thinking of Dunkirk/Nolan when I was writing this.

Sam Mendes is even one of my favorite director/producer/writers especially because of The Hollow Crown series, the cycle of Shakespeare's History Plays. Mendes' grandfather fought in WW1 and was even the inspiration for much of the movie, based on stories he told.

4 years ago

I just saw it too and I liked it very much. I noted some Paths of Glory, The Big Parade and All Quiet on the Western Front reference/homages going on, and thought it was a very worthy addition even if it doesn't break any new ground.

4 years ago

Well actually the entire way the film was shot was groundbreaking; the long-shot single take style of the cinematography had never been done in a war film before, and it really made the experience much more intimate.I feel like due to modern advances in both film making and historical knowledge of WW1 it stands apart from the pack.

4 years ago

Cats

Sure, it's hard to actually look at it, but I'm surprised so much hate has been targeted at the movie. The worst part of it is by far the nonsensical storyline, which, if I understand correctly, is just the same as the musical its based on? But apparently people that one?? I don't understand.

It was an awful movie, but honestly I had more fun watching it cinema then I would some mediocre film.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

4 years ago

Kitbull (2019)

Very good looking animation, nice little story.

4 years ago

Harriet (2019)

Very nice cinematography and good cast who delivered pretty good performances, but I heard the story was mostly fiction.

4 years ago

Little Women (2019)

I haven't watched the 6 earlier movie adaptions of the novel (and I don't even wanna start about the countless other adaptations for stage, television, musical/opera and radio... or the actual book itself),
so the story is new to me. That also means I can't compare it to any of the other adaptations, so I don't know if this is good or bad in those regards.

That said, the cast was very good and delivered great performances, the story was interesting and the cinematography was very nice.

4 years ago

Bombshell (2019)

The movie's about american politics, so it might not be everyone's cup of tea. I liked it. The cast was good, their performances as well. Great story, too.

4 years ago

Judy (2019)

Very good movie about the legendary Judy Garland. Fantastic performance by RenΓ©e Zellweger. Interesting story and nice cinematography.

4 years ago

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (2019)

Obviously the best animations in the series, since it's the newest movie. The sand animation for example looks incredible. Good story and good voice actors.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

4 years ago

Up (2009)
Neerja (2016) - Sadly boring. Interesting true story but the movie was just hard to sit through.
A Star is Born (2018)

4 years ago

Up was a fantastic movie. Very moving, no pun intended. Especially the beginning where he meets his wife and their life until the main story begins. VERY well told.

4 years ago

Yeah, definitely. I watched it when it first came out, but I was a kid so I didn't remember much from it. Watching it again was a treat.

4 years ago

Addams Family 2019 animated movie,

I haven't laughed that hard at a new movie in YEARS! It was HILARIOUS! It felt like a throwback to the days of yore with a modern twist. I'd SO watch a full series of it.

Easily an 8/10.

4 years ago

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017), last night.

That was... some good, some bad.

It's the day after, and I can't think of a truly memorable scene that sticks out.

4 years ago

4 years ago

Richard Jewell (2019)

Really good story-telling, great breakout performance by Paul Walter Hauser. Kathy Bates' performance was good as well, but worthy of an Oscar nom? I personally don't really think so, sorry. Enjoyed the movie, though.

4 years ago

Crawl
disappointing, seen this exact movie before, but now with alligators.
The plot is implausible. it works like any other cheap horror film, people need killing, so them people get killed all around its 2 main characters. Is there even tension? main character is described as an apex predator and the traumatic event ends up leading her back to the stronger person she was before.
whoever wrote this, should have done some research. example the Battle of Ramree Island during world war II. the animal does not cut your leg, it rips and tears it apart.
5/10
Running with the Devil
Bad Cage film, also kinda bland. At the very least i like the characters. it's a large collection of cliches, Cage is in many of these by the numbers crime films. The only thing that sets them apart is the low production quality and over the top acting.
Cage and Fishburn seem to be fucking the more cliche scenes on purpose.
The twist is dumb as revenge plots don't work well this way.
You want to know how bad it is? There is a very small fire that could be done on any open location. Instead we get a far away shot with cgi flames and a dummy of Laurence Fishburne.
4/10
In the Tall Grass
Its highly unlikely Vincenzo Natali will ever match cube, but his other movies are always entertaining.
This one Its an adaptation of a Stephen King novel. An infinite field of moving grass, characters stuck in a time loop searching one individual, looking for an exit. Sounds like Cube to me
6/10
3 from Hell
welcome to Rob Zombie Devil's rejects was a mistake. He doesnt know what made his old movies good, so here, take another carbon copy with more chaos and violence. But completely missing out on the character department.
4/10
47 Meters Down: Uncaged
there is a Mayan City underwater, filled with albino sharks, its where Fish scream,and title credits appear as a small trail of blood after girl leaves the pool and music plays underwater.
its watchable, because it's dumb
2/10

4 years ago*

Ad Astra (2019)

Very good looking movie, gorgeous cinematography, very good I liked Tommy Lee Jones' the best, but Brad Pitt's was also pretty good. Interesting overall story, some plotholes but who cares. I liked it.

4 years ago

I Lost My Body (2019)

I love the animation style and the amazing cinematography! Beautiful movie, good voice actors too.

4 years ago

I watched the Korean movie Parasite (2019) this weekend and loved it. I enjoyed it more than Snowpiercer, The Host and Okja (I enjoyed all of those) but I still think Memories of Murder was Joon-Ho's best movie to date (that I saw)

4 years ago

Primal
Ghost cat? what?...i got nothing. large feline protector of the jungle is caught by Cage. The animal is illegally transported to the US, on the same ship there is a dangerous criminal. So...now we get twice the danger, then i fell asleep
2/10
Dora and the Lost City of Gold
This film is aDORAble. It heavily leans towards the grown ups that had to watch the show with their kids. I dont know, theres sort of an appeal to see a positive and naive character like Dora in a real world setting.
so, the humor isn't exactly for small kids,for the most part, though they do get a great song about pooping in the woods. then there are jokes set up to end breaking the 4th wall. Example they make little kids say "neurotoxicity".
7/10
Lady and the Tramp
If you didn't know this cgi monstrosity was a thing, dont you worry it was buried on Disney+.
it's wrong on so many levels. How can you fail at being photorealistic, when that is you pass into making unnecessary remakes
I've seen parts of Lion King. how can a lion be closer to a dog in its movement than the actual dogs in this?
How can you be a cgi powerhouse and still have dogs look at the camera? The entire point of fake dogs is that they dont look at their trainer during filming.
Why lady and the tramp even? At the time it was an extremely basic introduction to what Romeo and juliet was about.
I get that they want to drop the weaker material at disney+, yet...aristocats, The Great Mouse Detective, 101 Dalmatians, The Fox and the Hound. all these would have been better than this.
3/10
Nightmare Beach
Nightmare beach opens with a packed miami beach during spring break. Yes, that is a nightmare, i can relate. wait, i remember it was a slasher film. And even for It/us Slashers this one fucking sucks, but a needed my fix, so i watched it anyways.
Umberto Lenzi did make good horror films, but he mostly did a lot of trash. Like most italian horror directors
If you want a better motorcycle killer, watch the The Wraith, starring Charlie Sheen
2/10

4 years ago*

Nefta Football Club (2018)

Funny story, good cinematography, talented young actors.

4 years ago

Klaus (2019)

Wish I would've watched this on christmas. What a beautiful tale, gorgeously animated. This movie just feels warm, from the exceptional animation style to the story that will just make you feel all the feelings.
One of the best christmas movies I've ever seen!

4 years ago*

Mister Link (2019)

Great stop-motion animation. Very good voice acting. Interesting story. Ok characters.

4 years ago

THE WAVE(2020) best movie i seen in a long time :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsi2-3lgcds

4 years ago

Frieri (2018)

Ok short film. The story kinda went nowhere.

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.