Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

The Gentlemen (2019)
This is probably Guy Ritchie's best movie in the last few years.

4 years ago

yeah, i didnt knew about that movie and was really suprised....but it had boring start for me

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

4 years ago

It (2017)

It was really overhyped in 2017, so I tuned down my expectations to a minimum. So in turn it was a bit better than I expected, but still not as great as people said it was. By far.
Good performances and VFX. Nice creep factor but not really scary. It was entertaining, though.

4 years ago*

i saw it and it was pretty bad for me, really dont understand that hype over that (for me it was same bad as movie US)
and not so scary indeed

4 years ago

It Chapter Two (2019)

It's very meta that at multiple points in the movie people say to the writer that his endings are shit, because the ending of this movie is also shit.
Like what? That "true form" of Pennywise must've been a joke, right? Watch It (1990) to see an actual scary interpretation of his true form.

Also the scariest moments in both movies where the one where balloons were popping because I got a phobia.

But the movie looked good, the casting was great (those people really resemble their young counterparts) and the friendship between characters also looked pretty convincing.

4 years ago

Last few I watched on dvd was
16 wishes
Eight Crazy Nights - I know everyone dislikes this movie but I really enjoy it
Alice in Wonderland (the animated disney one)

I also watched from Netflix
To all the boys I loved before + Sequel
Kick ass + Sequel

4 years ago

*batteries not included (1987)

Fun film about mechanical aliens who secretly repair stuff and a few desparate residents of a single apartment block that's supposed to made way for a skyscraper.
The VFX aren't great, but come on. The movie is 33 years old. Nice wholesome story.

4 years ago

Happy Cakeday!

4 years ago

Thanks. :)

4 years ago

Dead of Night (1945)

Really good suspense horror anthology film. All of the individual stories are fascinating, but the ventriloquist one really stands out. Great atmosphere overall and then the incredible ending! Highly recommended!

4 years ago

The One I Love (2014)

Pretty interesting premise and really good atmosphere throughout the whole movie. Seems to be underappreciated. I haven't really heard of it a lot before watching it. But damn, what a movie! So bizzare! I'm not gonna describe it, because that would spoil a lot.
Nice cinematography, really good acting.
It's basically a Twilight Zone episode. It says it's a rom-com but that's only scratching the surface a tiny bit. If you watch this movie, do not read about it before.

4 years ago

Carnival of Souls (1962)

Here you can see that you can do great things with a budget of only $30,000! Good performances (from a mainly non-professional cast), good cinematography for such a small budget. Such an eerie atmosphere! Clearly a major inspiration for George Romero's Night of the Living Dead (1968).

4 years ago

Sweet Smell of Success (1957)

Great cast, excellent plot, really good performances, all in all an outstanding noir.

4 years ago

Jojo Rabbit (2019)
Knives Out (2019)

Watched both of these on a flight. Enjoyed them both, but Knives Out was a little better. Ana de Armas looking a lot different to her role in Blade Runner, but still gorgeous 😻

4 years ago

Rampage (2018).
Based on the mostly plotless video game of the same name, about overgrown monsters tearing up cities. So yes, we get an overgrown gorilla, wolf and crocodile tearing up a city. Overall, pretty well done monster movie with no need of the videogame's existence required to enjoy it. It's main failing is that in places it doesn't really know wether it wants to be on the more serious or more comedic side of things so the mood is all over the place.
7/10

4 years ago

Spies in Disguise 7/10

4 years ago

Exam (2009)
Pretty good

The Prestige (2006)
Fantastic!

4 years ago

The 9th Life of Louis Drax (2016) - 8/10
At last a movie with an original story.

Captive State (2019) - 8/10
Unusual aliens movie.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018) - 9/10
Love the art style! One of the few movies I look forward to the sequels.

4 years ago

The Untamable Whiskers (1904)

Nice Méliès film with great effects!

4 years ago

Sonic the Hedgehog (2020) - 4/10

4 years ago

Children of Men (2006)

A masterpiece! Great acting, thrilling story, fantastic cinematography. If you haven't watched this already like me, until today you need to do so!

4 years ago

As Good as It Gets (1997)

Really good movie. Great performances, very nice story, so entertaining! And Jack Nicholson is singing "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" in it, which is quite something.

4 years ago*

The Addams Family 2019 - 5/10

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

4 years ago

Expect to see a LOT coming from some of us while we are all quarantined.

4 years ago

The Mountain Between Us (2017)

Good movie, interesting setting and story. Good cast, too. I like the isolation aspect of the film and the hard contrast to the garden party scene when all is over.

4 years ago

Fearless (1993)

Good movie, very good story, great acting.

4 years ago

Midway 7/10

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.