Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

The Masque of the Red Death (1964)

I might be partial to this movie because it has Vincent Price in it and I love Vincent Price.

Very good movie, great cast, stunning set and costume design. Thrilling story.
And the ending is... I can't describe it. Multicoloured Deaths? Why not?

Really gotta read Poe's original some time.

4 years ago

The Grudge
Better than expected. My expectation was drivel, Perhaps another remake of the original, most likely a remake of the remake.
Turns out its both and neither. Its derivative...yes. At least it borrowed aspects from some good films, like Prince of Darkness, exorcist, Silence of the lambs. Which by default is better than the usual teen horror.
tonally and pacing wise is more up to the speed of the 90s/2000s Japanese horror mysteries. Plot wise, well it's not particularly interesting.
The music is good, there are only a few stingers with jump scares, wish it had none but what can we do, its expected.
It has a constant unnatural quality to the cinematography.
Some scenes are cleverly done. It's above average to my expectations of teen horror and january trash
6/10

Escape from Pretoria
This one might as well be a reenactment of the real story. Tim Jenkin a prisoner during the apartheid escaped the Pretoria Prison with a set of handmade wooden keys
just keep in mind it doesn't focus on anything other than showing the setup and breakout, everything else is kept to minimum or non existent.
Straightforward, minimal, nuanced, its a decent film. but not much or even nothing is regards to character development or subplots.
daniel redcliff play the main role
5.5/10

Daniel Isn't Real
I don't know about this one, a little too pretentious, even if aware, good lord do i hate a lot of the characters, especially the annoying art students.
It's the unseen entity/ ghost friend but linked to mental illness. Except it really doesn't handle the topic nearly as well as Hereditary.
Not to say it's not a good film at times, it can be both visually creative and nonsensical. It can be a good representation of mental illness, most of the time is really cartoonish. As for the apathetic and pretentious art students, sure i get it, but they make the film unbearable
Patrick Schwarzenegger plays Daniel
4/10

4 years ago*

The Old Dark House (1932)

It's an okay movie. Not much of a plot and Boris Karloff basically just plays a Frankenstein character again, but worse. I still enjoyed it, but it wasn't good.

4 years ago

Giant (1956)

Stellar cast who deliver great performances, really good story. Yes, the movie is 3h21m long, but it feels a lot shorter. Nice cinematography.

4 years ago

Yes (2004)

The film's dialogue is almost entirely in iambic pentameter and usually rhymes. At some times this is almost annoying, at others you barely notice it. It's a really unusual way of storytelling, that's for sure. But the story about love, relationships, cheating, politics, war, racism, terrorism, god, atheism, stereotypes is so good it compliments it and the other way around. Pretty artsy, but that's not a bad thing at all. Great performances, beautiful cinematography.

4 years ago

Spirited Away (2001)

Never knew it was a big thing, but I really liked the movie!

4 years ago

A Fall From Grace - 2020

Watched it with some frends and they really liked it, but I thought it was quite bad. It was one of those movies that gives it all out in the last 10 minutes and there was no way you could figure the "mistery" out, because the movie never alluded to it. I love when movies are misterious and hard to know what's going on, but this movie just reveals a scheme that was so bizarre that it didn't know how to sprinkle it throughout it's lenght.
I don't know, I have other things to say about it, but I'll stop so I don't fumble over my words any more than I already did.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

4 years ago

1917 - Superb
Jojo Rabbit - Very Good

4 years ago

Itaewaon Class :)))

4 years ago

This Is It (2009)

This was a good documentary to show how good those concerts could've become.

4 years ago

My Giant (1998)

Not great and kinda silly at times. It's a wholesome story, but nothing particularly new. Pretty entertaining nonetheless.

4 years ago

Mr. Bean - Series DVD 1 ^^

4 years ago

Dick (1999)

Silly but good comedy about two girls accidentaly getting involved in the Watergate scandal. Pretty good cast (Kirsten Dunst, Will Ferrell, Ryan Reynolds). Some good jokes.
It was very entertaining.

4 years ago*

Notting Hill πŸ‘

4 years ago

The Platform
Fun watch β€” I was only in it for the gimmick, not any sort of social commentary.

4 years ago

Blow (2001)

It's a really, really good movie. Fantastic cast (Johnny Depp, Ray Liotta, PenΓ©lope Cruz and many more), good story about love, family, friends... and smuggling drugs.

4 years ago

Memories of Murder 8/10

4 years ago

The meeting point(Saborni Centar)

4 years ago

Recently rewatched Night Patrol.

I forgot just how disturbingly hilarious that movie was.
A greater man once said this, and it describes Night Patrol precisely.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

4 years ago

flu

4 years ago

Me and Orson Welles (2008)

Good story, good cast (especially Christian McKay who delivered a fantastic performance as Orson Welles). Didn't think the movie would be as good as it was. Mainly
feared that Zac Efron wouldn't be good it this, but he actually was

And now look at the titles of the movies I watched since watching Giant (1956). ;)

4 years ago*

Well it took way to long to finish but finally finished Arcana Famiglia which is an anime not a movie but whatever. Cost me way to much for a preowned dvd

Just edit my comment since it was the latest one. Also done antz, probably do ant bully next because why not!

4 years ago*

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.