Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

From Beyond (1986)

Really good body horror movie based on one of H.P. Lovecraft's short stories. Good cast and performances, great special effects, and the story was also very good (I mean, no movie can come even close to the horror you experience when you actually READ Lovecraft, but this one gave it a good shot). Not as good as Re-Animator, though.

4 years ago

Honey Boy (2019)

Very good movie about a son and his father. Great performances, especially by Noah Jupe (who I think will have a great career ahead of him. What a talented young actor!) And Shia LaBeouf was also great in this.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

4 years ago

Possession (1981)

This movie is a deep family drama and a pretty disturbing horror movie at the same time. And it's very good at both of those things. Great performances as well!
Also... W H A T . T H E . F U C K .

4 years ago

Silent Movie (1976)

I was in the mood for a Mel Brooks movie, so I finally watched Silent Movie. Fantastic cast, including some of the greatest actors of the time. Really good slapstick and funny gags. And no, it's not completely silent. The music and sound effects are doing a lot of work. Also funny that the only audible word in the whole movie is a Non! from one of the most famous mimes of all time. Overall a very funny movie with a good story, legendary actors and actresses in supporting roles, and an interesting concept overall that absolutely works! Definitely recommended!

4 years ago

Now go watch The 12 Chairs.

4 years ago

Already on my list, but thanks.

4 years ago

4 years ago

The Fugitive, 1993

4 years ago

The Call of Cthulhu (2005)

What a fantastic way to make a contemporary movie. This silent film almost made me feel like how I feel when I'm actually reading Lovecraft! This is, at least for me, the truest Lovecraft adaptation of all time! No, it's not perfect, but it comes closer to any other adaptation. With a runtime of 47 minutes it's only a featurette, but these 47 minutes fly by even faster because the film is so gripping, it has an eery soundtrack, the acting is good and the effects really help the atmosphere as well. Highly recommended if you're a fan of Lovecraft but no movie adaptation really got there for you.

4 years ago

Well I'm just gonna list the movies I saw this year:

Parasite
What did Jack do?
Threads
Split
Shrek
Inside Out
Scarface
Fractured
Whisky
Super Dark Times
Uncut Gems
Mother!
Get Out
Gravity
Okja
El hoyo

4 years ago

Finally saw Being John Malkovich(1999) yesterday, it's a weird and fun movie :D

4 years ago

Last Christmas a great movie..

4 years ago

Deathtrap (1982)

Great plot, fantastic cast and beautiful set design. Twist upon twist upon twist. Very entertaining!

4 years ago

Night Moves (1975)

Very good neo noir with a great cast, gripping story and a phenomenal ending.

4 years ago

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (2019)

Interesting plot, nice cinematography, good cast, good special effects. Some okay scares. Overall the movie wasn't bad. But it also wasn't very good. It doesn't really have a lot of story, come to think of it.

4 years ago*

Taxi Driver (1976) - 5/10
Evil Genius: The True Story of America's Most Diabolical Bank Heist (2018)

4 years ago

Spenser Confidential (2020) - 7/10
Onward (2020) - 7/10

4 years ago

Truth or Dare (2018) on netflix. Wouldnt be my usual choice but wanted more

4 years ago

Since I have the time, I grabbed my dvd copy of The Divide to rewatch.

DAMN! I forgot how GOOD that movie was. A study of how humanity can degenerate into chaos by being stuck in a basement shelter for a long time with no escape.

4 years ago

I actually wonder why it has such a low score on IMDB.. I liked it a lot as well

I suppose its psychologically more intense then your regular horrorish thriller and it disturbs people and leaves sort of bad impression on them

ps. I think its similar with Incident in a Ghost Land .. it was quite a decent horror movie in my opinion, and others who watched with me agreed on that - but overall impression of the movie was bummed down due to its disturbing theme it revolves around which mostly leads to concentrating on the depressing side of the topic instead of it being a horror movie and enjoying the scary parts

4 years ago*

Yeah, but it can't be as bad as Antichrist. Excellent movie, but VERY disturbing and graphic.

4 years ago

Snatch (2000) - 8/10

4 years ago

Watched another movie on netflix. Would you rather (2012) 2 movies in a row based on a game and stuff I wouldnt watch. Read the top review on it and I would agree for the most part. Good premise but while interesting just became stupid especially with it cutting to a subplot that added 0 to it. Ending though was pretty good

4 years ago

At the Hypnotist's (1897)

Good for its time.

4 years ago

The Gentlemen (2019) - 7/10

4 years ago

Hausu (1977)

Pretty trippy movie with unusual editing. But it looks good and it was very entertaining.

4 years ago

Hail, Caesar! (2016)

Fantastic cast, interesting story, beautiful cinematography.

4 years ago

Warm bodies (2013) was actually something I had on my list before the horrors took over my recommendation

Dead detention (2017) in progress of doing this one too. Just ignoring the 50+ items I got in my list for random movies. It is pretty bad. Cant care about anyone and the deaths are very tame to the point where you cant even see what has happened

4 years ago*

+1. Warm Bodies was an EXCELLENT movie.

4 years ago

yeah i enjoyed it. Its more my type then the others I've been watching. I cant help but enjoy a romantic

4 years ago

If you liked it, then check out Zombie in a Penguin Suit. VERY well made for a Youtube short. And one of the most INCREDIBLE music choices.

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.