Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

The Death of Stalin (2017)

Good movie with a fantastic cast delivering great performances. Interesting plot, nice set and costume design, good cinematography.

Funfact: Jason Isaacs wears fewer medals in this movie than Georgy Zhukov actually wore but the director thought that much medals would've looked unrealistic.

3 years ago

Joker (and I've seen it four times).

Probably the best movie I've seen in the last 10 years or so. It's a slow-burner, but once it gets going, it's a ride you won't soon forget. I love that it strayed completely from comic book cliche and re-invented an iconic character in a clever way. Joaquin Phoenix was abso-freaking-lutely brilliant in the lead role (move over, Heath), and is one of the most deserving Oscar winners in all of film history. It was such an amazing performance.

I can't say much more without spoiling, but this film is worth seeing whether you're a fan of the Joker or not.

3 years ago

Fantastic Four πŸ€™

3 years ago

Why would ANYONE watch that on purpose?

3 years ago

Edge of tomorrow - based on the manga All you need is kill

3 years ago

Miss Bala πŸ‘

3 years ago

John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum (2019)

Well, I liked the first one but didn't like the second one. Now I finally watched the third one. It's not as good as part 1, but not as bad as part 2. Cool fight coreographies and effects, interesting story and good performances, but that's it. It didn't really captivate me. A bit of story, then fight fight fight fight, then another bit of story, then more fight fight fight fight. Pretty monotonous.

3 years ago

They Remain. Meh. Something I'd normally give a shot. But not one I'd recommend.

3 years ago

Serendipity (2001)

Pretty schmaltzy movie with a very predictable plot, but good performances from the lead actors actually make it work.

3 years ago

Uncut Gems
just so much pressure, couldnt stop thinking about it for a week
adam sandlers best play

3 years ago

After seeing this article last night, I HAD to rewatch an old favorite of mine, Cannonball Run. Not the second as it was nowhere NEAR as good as the first.

I know it's based off the original Gumball Rally, but I have still yet to see it.

3 years ago

Corona zombies (2020). A mix mash of two different films plus some new filmed scenes all overdubbed. Pure brilliance. Runs at just over 1 hour so doesn't overstay its welcome. Highly recommended.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt12098392/

3 years ago

IP Man

3 years ago

Last night I watched Spies in Disguise with my nieces. I thought it was pretty bad.

3 years ago

Warrior (2011)

Absolutely fantastic performances, with a story that could've very well been kinda boring because obviously there have been movies like this before, but it isn't. It has you on the edge of your seat with the action and emotions and it's also very well shot. Very entertaining movie. If you haven't watched it yet you missed one of the best movies of 2011!

3 years ago

Good Time (2017)

Great performances, the movie just feels so incredibly real. It's very intense and raw, you just get so into it that you don't know what to do after it's over. If you liked Uncut Gems by the Safdie Brothers you'll like this earlier movie by them as well.

3 years ago

Freaks (2018)

Better than I expected. Very good performances, especially by child actress Lexy Kolker in the lead role. Beautiful cinematography, very captivating plot, really cool VFX. One negative thing was that it felt too short.

3 years ago

Hell or High Water (2016)

Good movie, very good performances, beautiful cinematography. The most jarring moment for me was when Gil Birmingham's character was shot. It just happens from one second to the other. At first him and Jeff Bridges' character are bantering like the whole time and in the next second he's dead.

3 years ago

The Reef to me is the best shark film, second to Jaws. Very tense

You can watch it on Amazon Prime Video.

3 years ago

The Peanut Butter Falcon (2019)

I've seen the trailer for this one multiple times in the cinema (when that was still a thing) and I actually wanted to see it there, but now I just rented it on Amazon Prime
because why not? And I truly wish I would've seen it on the big screen, because it's really good. Very touching story, great performances, highly recommended! If you're looking for a feel-good movie to, well... feel good, here it is.

3 years ago

Report to the Commissioner (1975) Gritty, 70s style urban blight movie a la Serpico or Dog Day Afternoon about a police undercover operation that goes terribly wrong. Not as well known as its contemporaries - I'd never heard of of the movie or the director, who it turns out was a well known acting teacher who had ties to the NY Actors Studio, same a Sidney Lumet, so I guess that explains something. Since I love this kind of 70s era new wave, brutally honest urban drama, this was a real find for me.

3 years ago

12 Years a Slave (2013)

Fantastic performances, important story, great directing. This is definitely one of the best movies of the last decade. It's already a classic!

3 years ago

The hanging scene is one of my favourites, so powerful because it's long and uncomfortable. It's the opposite to a lot of modern films and especially the last Star Wars film, which had scene after scene and doesn't give the viewer time to empathize with the characters.

3 years ago*

Exactly. Same with the scene where Lupita Nyong’o's character is getting whipped. It's so long and with every whip it digs deeper into your mind. One could say it's unnecessarily long, but it's necessary.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 10 months ago.

3 years ago

The Last of the Line (1914)

Great for its time! Native american characters are actually played by native american actors (apart from the fantastic Sessue Hayakawa, who plays the son of the chief). Really good story, those last scenes must've been some of the most memorable cineastic shots of the 1910s.

3 years ago

Fighting the Fire (1896)

Very short documentary about fire fighters. Good for its time I guess.

3 years ago

I've been watching "older" movies lately especially Film Noir and Neo Noir movies since I'm writing the screenplay for my university master project with David Lynch, Film Noir, Ridley Scott influences.
No idea why I pretty much didn't do that before.
Movies were:
Citizen Kane (1941)
The Third Man (1949)
Blue Velvet (1986)

Films I still want to watch in the next week or so:
Mulholland Drive (2001)
Chinatown (1974)

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.