Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Three... Extremes (2004)

This is a horror film anthology with three segments by three different directors, so I will write a bit about each of them.

Dumplings (dir. Fruit Chan, Hong Kong)
Stomach-churning gore, but pretty entertaining nonetheless.
Absolutely doesn't make me wanna cook and eat stuff, though and I think it put me off dumplings for now.

Cut (dir. Park Chan-wook, South Korea)
It's very SAW-like, so if you liked that or even the concept, definitely watch this!

Box (dir. Takashi Miike, Japan)
The creepiest out of the three. Also the most artistic one.

I really can't decide which one of those is the best, they're all really good!

4 years ago

You need to watch the Blind Dead series now.

4 years ago

Funny story about that. I've bought a box containing the whole quadrilogy 10 years ago when I saw it at an electronics store. I thought it looked good, it was not too expensive for 4 movies, so I bought it and watched them. Didn't know shit about movies (at age 16/17) but I thought they were pretty good. So yeah, I've watched them already. :D

Funfact: In german, they're the Riding Corpses.

4 years ago

4 years ago

joker? Watch it in night can be frightened

4 years ago

Murder on the Orient Express (1974)

Incredible cast delivering great performances. Gripping story, fanastic conclusion. Damn, this might be one of the best murder mysteries I've ever seen.

4 years ago

Extraction. The one with Chris Hemsworth.
Good action movie (like John Wick and Raid) with boring story and dialogues.

4 years ago

Annihilation (2018)

Rewatched this and it's still as atmospheric and trippy and gorgeous as last time.

4 years ago

Southpaw (2015)

I enjoy boxing films and like Jake Gyllenhaal, other than that it's ok...nothing special but it makes we train more and harder and slack off less, so that's good ^^

4 years ago

Murder on the Orient Express (2017)

Do not like that one. Good cast and cinematography, but comparing it to the 1974 version (that Agatha Christie actually enjoyed, the premiere of that movie was her last public appearance iirc) that I watched just yesterday this just seems bad. Sorry. Not a fan.

4 years ago

Black Narcissus (1947)

The most obvious thing first, that you know even if you've only seen stills of the movie: HOLY FUCK, THIS MOVIE LOOKS GOOD! How does this movie look almost like a contemporary one despite being 73 years old? Absolutely one of the most gorgeous movies of the 40s, if not ever. The cinematography, the costume design, the set design, everything about this is just beautiful. And the story is gripping, the acting is great. Highly recommended. If you've never watched a movie from the 40s, this might be a great first one for you.

3 years ago

I'm with you on this. One of the most beautiful movies ever made and one of my favorites.

3 years ago

3 years ago

Cold Fish - Tsumetai Nettaigyo (2010)
I've read great things about this movie but have never had the opportunity to watch it until last night. Well, it's something else to say the least. This wasn't really what I expected. Definitely not for the squeamish. There are far more violent movies out there but still the gore maybe a bit too much for the general audience not too mention some other stuff in the movie especially the third act where there is a scene of non-consensual sex. I'll presume the acting's deliberately over-the-top and there's an intentional low-budget feel that I think adds texture to the move.Overall, I find the film kinda challenging in the Natural Born Killers kind of way but it's not something that would bother me a day after.

3 years ago

I really liked what I have seen of Sion Sono's movies so far - Noriko's Dinner Table and Suicide Club. He seems to have some social commentary going on with his themes, though arguably subtler than Oliver Stone's, which is not saying much, I'll admit ;)

3 years ago

Midsommar. Easily one of the few movies that has left a huge impact on me. I still think about it, despite me having watched it like over a week ago at this point.

3 years ago

Mr. Holmes (2015)

It was good. Not much more. Good story, very good acting but overall it was just good. Interesting look at Sherlock Holmes, though.

3 years ago

Pulp Fiction

3 years ago

Ready or Not (2019)

Interesting concept and idea. Not perfectly done, but it was a fun and entertaining watch.

3 years ago*

Passage de Venus (1874)

Is this a movie? According to IMDb it's a "series of photographs", but itsn't that technically what every movie is? I mean you can watch it and it's moving, so I'd say it's a movie. And yeah, it's pretty fascinating. Not very long, so you can watch it right now just to be able to say that you've watched it. In fact, reading this text is taking you longer than watching the movie would take you. So go watch it. And if someone is gonna ask you what you've done today, you can answer "I've watched a 146 year old movie today."

Oh, and you can watch it on Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passage_de_Venus

3 years ago

Red Riding Hood (2011) with Amanda Seyfried, & Gary Oldman

3 years ago

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Watched it last night, still enjoying it in my thoughts today.

3 years ago

Dr. No πŸ‘

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

3 years ago

Extraction provided some pretty decent action entertainment. It was just hard to care about the premise.

3 years ago

Bloodshot (2020)

Don't bother with this one. Seriously. It's not good. A boring story full of clichΓ©s and the acting wasn't very good. The overall idea wasn't that bad, but the end result was pretty mediocre. The VFX are nice, though. And there's a pretty cool scene close to the end. (If you've watched the movie you know which scene I'm talking about.) But all in all... not recommended.

3 years ago

"Wonder", about a week ago.
Lil on the sad side, but very wholesome imo.
Was for Social Psycology homework lol.

3 years ago

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (1967)

Stellar cast, fantastic performances, excellent story. What a movie!

3 years ago

Fantastic Voyage (1966)

Have you seen that one segment from the Simpsons where Maggie somehow gets into a pill that Professor Frink is shrinking and Mr. Burns is ingesting and then the rest of the family has to be shrunken down as well and are put into Mr. Burns' body to retreive Maggie? It was "In the Belly of the Boss" and it's a parody of this movie.

Now about the movie itself. Stunning visuals, amazing prop work, very good story. Most of it happens in real-time, which is not a thing you see in most movies. It absolutely deserved those two Oscars it got for Best Art Direction-Set Decoration, Color and Best Effects, Special Visual Effects.

3 years ago*

Withnail & I (1987)

Great performances. Plot seems to go nowhere, but it doesn't matter. The movie is funny and very memorable. Cult classic!

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.