Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Jungle (2017) Not a big fan of Daniel Radcliffe, but this one was really worth my time. It's a true life survival story about four adventurers who get lost in the Bolivian rain forest. A real surprise coming from the director of Wolf Creek, but I guess in the end it makes sense that he was chosen. It's quite a ride and the storytelling way above the current average.

Green Book (2018) Excellent performance by the two leads, but that is where my appreciation begins and ends. There's no real conversation about racism here, just more catnip for white neoliberals who want to believe that it's a thing of the past and nothing to do with them.

3 years ago

Hacksaw Ridge (2016)

Somehow I didn't have high expectations for this, but it was surprisingly good. Great acting, SFX and VFX.
A great part of it was near the end where they showed actual photos and videos of the guy and even snippets from interviews with
some of the people who were portrayed in this movie

3 years ago

Crawl (2019)

I definitely liked the setting and special effects. The acting and story was ok, even though sometimes a little cliche.

3 years ago

Oldboy (2003)

Today is my birthday and I thought I should watch something that I'm certain is great. So I decided on Oldboy, because I've heard a lot of great things about it. And I wasn't disappointed. It's a masterpiece. Fantastic performances, phenomenal story, stunning cinematography. Do yourselves a favour and watch it!

3 years ago*

Happy birthday and thank you for all recommendations!

3 years ago

Thank you and no problem. Just knowing that someone might've watched and enjoyed a movie they wouldn't have watched otherwise makes me happy. :)

3 years ago*

Happy Birthday!

3 years ago

Thank you! ^^

3 years ago

Focus 👍

3 years ago

The Platform (2019)

The concept could be described as "vertical Snowpiercer" with the worse food the lower/farther back you get thing. Obvio. Very good performances. Obvio. Entertaining and powerful movie. Obvio.
Some people might not like that ending, but I thought it was fitting. Didn't even mind the religious imagery [big spoiler] 333 levels, 2 prisoners on each level. 666. So the hole represents hell. And Goreng is some kind of messiah, who travels to the deepest part of hell and the little girl ascends out of hell and... you know, stuff like that. And remember: The pana cotta is the message. Or is it?

I'd recommend this movie. It's pretty good and it makes you think.

3 years ago*

The Producers (1967)

Great acting, funny jokes, what a hilarious comedy! Really good story, too.

3 years ago

Tusk (2014)

Good performances, bizarre story. The first half was better than the second. And, while this is already a fucked up movie, the ending is even more fucked up.
Why the fuck would you put him in an endangered animals sanctuary?
It's entertaining, it's not too long and it's not a bad movie... if you don't mind movies like this. Would I recommend it? It's definitely not for everyone.

3 years ago

3 years ago

Color Out of Space (2019)

Good performances, fascinating story, beautiful cinematography. Definitely manages to capture Lovecraft's otherworldliness. One top-tier Lovecraft adaptation! I still stand by my opinion that you can't really adapt Lovecraft to film perfectly, but this comes pretty close.

3 years ago

Just watched Brainscan from 1994
I watched it as a kid and it made me so uneasy...
Was fully expecting to be disappointed but pleasantly surprised it didnt turn out that bad.

3 years ago

"Winter on Fire" 2015

"Winter on Fire" never takes its eye off the story's underlying and very dramatic theme, and that would be nothing less than revolution.

3 years ago

Game Night (2018)

Decided to rewatch this one. Still as fun as last time. Very entertaining. Nice twists, good cast, very good script.

3 years ago

3 years ago

The Return of the Living Dead (1985)

Very entertaining zombie horror comedy (mostly horror, not a lot of comedy though)! Good effects, soundtrack and script. Funfact: This movie introduced the "zombies eating
brains" trope and it was the first to show running zombies. So it's a pretty influental zombie movie I guess.

3 years ago

Better than the second, which was a comedy.

3 years ago

In Search of Darkness (2019)
Pretty damn good and very long (over 4hours) 80s Horror documentary.

3 years ago

A Hand Shake (1892)

Not even very good for its time.

3 years ago

Yesterday: Make My Wife Cum 3 (2020)

3 years ago

Scanners - 1981

3 years ago

Limelight (1952)

Seeing Charlie Chaplin and Buster Keaton in the same movie was a delight. And what a masterpiece that movie is! At its core it's about a clown afraid of failure and a ballerina afraid of success and their love for each other. Wonderful performances, great story, beautiful score. This is definitely a must-see!

3 years ago

Hans Christian Andersen (1952)

"Once upon a time there lived in Denmark a great storyteller named Hans Christian Andersen. This is not the story of his life, but a fairy tale about the great spinner of fairy tales."

So I knew I couldn't expect a real story about his life. But it was still very entertaining. Good music, nice story, wonderful performance by Danny Kaye. Just a heartwarming movie if you wanna have a good time. (I didn't really care about that long dance thing towards the end, though.)

3 years ago

Good Will Hunting
Saw it with my girlfriend last night. always a good flick

3 years ago

Monkey Business (1952)

Cary Grant, Marilyin Monroe, Ginger Rogers and the rest of the cast delivered very good performances, but the best performance was by that chimpanzee.
I know that chimps are very intelligent but that was exceptional! Nice screwball comedy overall. Funny story.

But about that chimp. I was seriously impressed. The whole room was going wild and it was just sitting on a chair an pouring different liquids into a glass. Those animal trainers must've been amazing at their job.

3 years ago*

Taxi Driver

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.