Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Predestination (2014)

It's good, very good performances and some really interesting twists. It does make you think afterwards about all the hints you missed. Gotta watch it a second time some day.

3 years ago*

I watched again Birdman. Very good.
https://www.filmaffinity.com/uk/film670216.html

3 years ago

Thor Ragnarok. So good. Almost as good as Guardians of the Galaxy

3 years ago

I watched Portrait of a Lady on Fire (2019). I can't pretend to be all that knowledgeable about film (though I am trying to learn), but this blew me away with how good it was. It's beautiful.

3 years ago

My wife and I saw the recently released The Invisible Man last night. It was slow in the beginning but got better towards the end.

3 years ago

The Wrong Man (1956)

Very good! Great performances, directing, story, and everything. Didn't expect it to be this great! Highly recommended. Probably one of my favourite Henry Fonda performances.

3 years ago

21 Bridges (2019)
ok action movie, Black Panther goes on a hunt for some bad guys

3 years ago*

The Big Sick (2017)

Probably one of the best rom-coms I've ever seen. Partly because the events of the movie are actually true and happened to Kumail Nanjiani in real life. But another reason it's standing out from other rom-coms is because usually the love interest isn't in a coma for a big part of the movie. It's a different way of rom-com story. Very good and realistic performances, good emotions, shot beautifully. Would recommend.

3 years ago*

When Marnie Was There (2014)

The last Ghibli movie (So far). Pretty good although it shows Ghibli desperately needs Miyazaki after Takahata's death. Too average for Ghibli's quality.

3 years ago

POSTAL: The movie (2007)

I Regret Nothing...

3 years ago

Watched a John Wick donation stream last month. Crazy movie... Always been curious about it and ended up liking it. I'll watch the sequels sometime next

3 years ago

Young Sherlock Holmes (1985)

Surprisingly very good movie. Truly gripping story (once it really kicks off), but the thing this movie is most remembered for is probably the first fully CGI character in a movie. (Made by Pixar Computer Animatrion Group btw, according to the end credits.) And it looks really good considering its age. Look at the reflections and all of that. Apart from that there are a lot of other really good effects in this movie as well. And a really good score as well. So entertaining!

3 years ago*

A Page of Madness (1926)

Pretty much Japan's "Cabinet of Dr. Caligari". Similar settings (mental asylum) and a similar tone. Definitely worth the watch. It was considered lost for a long time until the director found it hidden in his barn in 1971.

3 years ago

3 years ago

The Stepford Wives (1975)

The best way to describe this movie might be "creepy". It's not a scary movie, but people around you apparently becoming brainwashed (while the truth is even scarier) feels really unsettling. All of the Invasion of the Body Snatchers movies (1956, 1978, 1993, 2007) and/or Get Out come to mind. Very similar. But here it's not coming from some alien spores, it's more similar to Get Out, where it's people doing it to other people. Here it's coming from the men in Stepford who want obedient wives who just exist for those men's pleasure and not as their own person. Great performances, especially by Katharine Ross. It's based on a novel by Ira Levin, who also wrote Rosemary's Baby, which was adapted to film in 1968. So there's another thing that has a similar tone. If you like any of the movies I've mentioned above, this one is definitely for you. Really good movie! Highly recommended.

3 years ago

The Abyss (1989)

Interesting story, good cast, very nice CGI (which also paved the way for more CGI use in movies after this one.) Movie wasn't great overall, but pretty good. Almost 3 hours long, so could be a bit shorter, though.

3 years ago

Frankenfish (2004)

So bad its good

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

3 years ago

Green Elephant (1999) Remastered at 8K 60 fps
No words can describe this cult classic of russian underground cinema. It's on Youtube and has english subtitles, if anybody wants to check it out. You won't regret it.

3 years ago

The Philadelphia Experiment (1984)

Cool concept, sadly not as good as it could've been. The most interesting parts of the movie where when the main character doesn't know stuff from the 80s. Solid acting, though. And some decent effects.

3 years ago

Cocoon (1985)

Even though this technically is an alien movie it's so much more human than a lot of other movies. It explores deep themes like ageing/old age and death for example. Very good performances, fantastic story, good effects, overall a pretty good movie. Definitely recommended.

3 years ago*

The Bewitched Inn (1897)

Fun old Méliès short with great effects for the time. Very entertaining!

3 years ago

I See You - Very interesting thriller-like horror with more thriller subtleties than horror. Movie begins a bit hectic and kind of remains like that throughout to the end. Even when it starts to paint a clearer picture of events it still leaves you baffled and wondering.

Even though trailer doesnt reveal much I suggest watching the movie without seeing the trailer. From mentioned genres I'd say it concentrates more on drama and crime instead of horror so dont get put off from it if you are not horror fan.

Pretty awesome story that you can start to predict and understand quit early on if you pay attention, but it still throws interesting unpredictable moments towards you. It feels like well plotted book that you cant put down - 8/10

It does have some illogical and outright weird scenes, but that really doesnt affect the mood it sets

3 years ago

Starman (1984)

It's just magical. Great performances and story, beautiful score, just all around very good. Go watch it!
This would maybe be interesting as a double feature together with The Thing (1982). Both are about aliens, both directed by John Carpenter, but they are pretty much the exact opposite.

3 years ago*

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.