Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

The Abominable Dr. Phibes (1971)

Very entertaining. Reminds me a bit of SAW. Just look at that last contraption. Key hidden in the guy's chest, acid looming over his head, threatening to disfigure it any
second.
Now I need to know if Leigh Whannell got some inspiration from that movie or not. Anyways, the movie was very entertaining, so I can definitely recommend it, even if you're not as big of a Vincent Price fan as I am. :D

3 years ago

My favorite Vincent Price movie is Theater of Blood. Pretty sure many later horror movies "borrowed" from that one :)

3 years ago

3 years ago

3 years ago

Coffee & Kareem (2020)

I was in the mood for some stupid action comedy and I found one. It's not very good, but surprisingly it's not quite as bad as I thought. If you're really bored or don't want to think a lot while watching a movie, give this a go.

3 years ago

Seduced and Abandoned (1964) Very entertaining satire about family honor in post war Sicily. Beautifully played by all concerned and a real gem.

3 years ago

Woman in Gold (2015)

Fantastic performance by Helen Mirren, very good performances by the rest of the cast as well. At first I didn't know how to think about Ryan Reynolds in this movie,
but he turned out to be good in his role. Very captivating story, wasn't bored for a single second. All the legal aspects of the story might not be for everyone but I didn't mind. It was rather fascinating. All based on real events, so don't look up where that painting is now, or you'll spoil the movie a bit for yourself. All in all it's a really good, thought provoking movie. I can only recommend it.

3 years ago

Not the last movie I saw, but as a warning, avoid watching Artemis Fowl, it is a terrible movie.
My god, I wish I didn't watch it, I'm forever mentally damaged thanks to it.

3 years ago

What has been seen can never be unseen.

3 years ago

Contagion (2011)

Very timely movie and in this day and age, a must watch! Great cast, good performances, visuals and score.

3 years ago*

3 years ago

Perfect Blue (1997)

According to IMDb: "A pop singer gives up her career to become an actress, but she slowly goes insane when she starts being stalked by an obsessed fan and what seems to be a ghost of her past."

An interesting anime movie. I really enjoyed it.

3 years ago

When the Levees Broke: A Requiem in Four Acts - Spike Lee's documentary about New Orleans in the aftermath of hurricane Katrina. Reminded me of what a shitshow my country had become even before the advent of the big bad orange man.

Always for Pleasure (1978) Documentary about New Orleans culture that very wisely just shows you life being celebrated right on the street and lets the residents speak for themselves, without commentary or any other interference from director Les Blank (same guy that gave us the wonderfully demented Burden of Dreams), whose presence is barely felt throughout.

3 years ago

The Running Man (1987)

Set in the far future of 2019 this movie based on a novel by Stephen King (or rather one he wrote under his synonym Richard Bachman) is a good sci-fi action movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger in the leading role. It's set in a dystopian future where convicts have to participate in a deadly game-show to even have a chance to have their freedom back.
Pretty good for what it is. Definitely entertaining.

Lots of Schwarzenegger one-liners. Arnie even says "I'll be back!" at one point. Nice little easter egg.

3 years ago

This movie is freaking awesome

3 years ago

3 years ago

Just watched A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood. Wow. That was an amazing movie. Tom Hanks did a fantastic job portraying the real life Fred Rogers. A definite 8/10

On a side note, I used to watch him as a kid and until I saw his, I never realized that King Friday's full name was King Friday the XIII, AKA Friday the 13th.

3 years ago

King Ralph (1991)

I don't know why it's rated so low on imdb a 5.3, are you fucking kidding me? , it's seriously fun, entertaining with an interesting script and a stellar cast (Peter O'Toole, John Hurt, Richard Griffiths, John Goodman and more). Also John Goodman's musical numbers were great. And yes, he did his own singing. All around a decent film if you just wanna have a good time. No, it's not perfect but it really doesn't need to be.

3 years ago*

Somewhere in Time (1980)

Good time travel romance movie with an interesting story, good cast and nice cinematography.

3 years ago

Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid (1982)

A great parody of film noir and a good example of it at the same time. Incredible cast (although most obviously were only edited into the movie and weren't really cast for it), really entertaining story. Such an innovative way to make a movie. Highly recommended. Especially if you're a fan of Steve Martin, the late Carl Reiner and/or film noir from the 40s anyway.

3 years ago

Adele's Life / La Vie d'Adele / La Vida de Adele (2013)

Has some good things, I wanted to watch it because people had it as an important film about lesbian relationships (it has even some interesting sexual scenes). Anyway, it may not be very realistic for the real lesbian people, I don't really know, but I somehow enjoyed the normal dramatism of the film...

(I am an heterosexual man, but I am a viewer as well...)

3 years ago

Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga (2020)

As crazy as the ESC itself. The story may be pretty predictable, but all in all it's really good for what it is. It has a lot of decent music in it, is very entertaining and just over the top. But if you don't mind a bit of crazy, watch this. I've read that there are a lot of actual former Eurovision performers in this movie so it gets a bit of credit for that. But I would've liked to see more native actors. Some of the icelandic people where played by icelandic actors and actresses for example, but especially the two leads where played by americans. I guess Netflix just needed some big names for their leads so people would even watch it.

3 years ago*

That movie actually was great, i dont like Will Ferrel but this was a good movie and the acting of Rachel McAdams (not singing, i know she isnt the singer) was exceptional.
And someone save me please i cant get Jaja ding dong out of my head. HELP!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlBUH8zMZng

The husavik and also double trouble actually sounded pretty good songs, much better than usual eurovision songs.

3 years ago*

PLAY JAJA DING DONG!

3 years ago

Danse excentrique (1902)

Interesting for what it was.

3 years ago

Island of Lost Souls (1932)

It's so much better than the 1977 version that I watched about two weeks ago. Really good performances, mainly by Charles Laughton as Dr. Moreau.
Great cinematography, especially in the latter half of the movie. Definitely recommended, best version of this story I've seen so far.

3 years ago

Attack the Block (2011)

Good movie, very entertaining. Decent performances by a young cast, interesting story, but somehow it feels like something's just missing.

3 years ago

Color Out of Space (2019)

Still as good as the first time I watched it.

3 years ago

The Young Offenders (2016)

Fun movie, interesting story about an unusual adventure. Very entertaining. The irish might be hard to understand for some people, though.

3 years ago

Togo (2019)

Really good movie about the unsung hero of the Alaska serum run.

It's a movie with a good doggo so everyone must watch it.

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.