Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Hotel Mumbai (2018)
A movie about a terrorist attack on several places in Mumbai. Really intense.

3 years ago

Given the dates the past couple of days, I decided to pop in one of my DVD'd and rewatch In the Valley of Elah.
I saw this in theaters back when it was released. Limited run then too. My friend thought I was going to see if he wanted to see the third Resident Evil movie as it was playing at the same time. Was he shocked when I said Valley of Elah.

I almost forgot what a fantastic movie this was. Tommy Lee Jones was, as usual, amazing. 9/10

3 years ago

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (2007)

Really good movie. Outstanding performances, probably the best one I've seen from Brad Pitt. Casey Affleck was also really good. Good cinematography as well.

3 years ago

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs - Joel Coen, Ethan Coen - 2018
https://www.filmaffinity.com/uk/film595954.html

Another great movie from Cohen brothers, i really enjoyed it.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

3 years ago

The Thin Red Line 7/10

3 years ago

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1931)

Stunning cinematography and camera work for the time. That mirror shot at the beginning stumped me for a few seconds. :D And look at that transformation scene. Brilliant work! I haven't watched any other film adaptation of the story, but this was great! Fantastic performances, some scenes made me very uncomfortable. Once again, this is the only film adaptation I've seen of that story (and to be fair, I have read it in 7th grade or so, which is
now about 13 or 14 years ago, so the memory of the base material isn't so fresh anymore) but I can highly recommend it. Being the first talkie version of the story definitely makes this one a bit special, even though there were multiple silent version before and countless sound versions after. I'll probably try to watch all of them at one point or another. What's your favourite film adaptation of the story? And again, if you haven't seen this one, you should go and watch it.

Funfact: It was the first horror movie ever to win an Academy Award. Best Actor in a Leading Role for Fredric March. Pretty understandable after watching the movie.
Another funfact: The way Jekyll is pronounced in this movie is actually the right one, even if it sounds wrong. It's how Robert Louis Stevenson intended it to be pronounced.

3 years ago*

My favorite too. Thanks to it being a pre-code movie, it had the freedom to be a lot darker, sexier and creepier than subsequent films and Rouben Mamoulian's production was innovative and ingenious (I recommend Applause if you haven't already seen it). In contrast, the later version with Spencer Tracy, though good, seems tame and a bit boring. Which leads to yet another funfact: MGM bought out the rights to both this version as well as the the silent version from Paramount and locked them away for decades so as not to "distract" from their own production.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

Point Break (1991) - A Classic.

3 years ago

Foxy Brown (1974)

Pretty entertaining movie! Yes, it's kinda trashy but it was still fun.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

3 years ago

Dirty rotten scoundrels~ enjoyed it :)

3 years ago

Tetsuo: The Iron Man (1989)

So strange but so great! If "japanese cyberpunk body-horror film" doesn't already peak your curiousity for this movie then it's maybe not for you. But if you think it sounds interesting, then absolutely go for it. The acting, the cinematography, the soundtrack, the effects, the gore. All of them are so good! Definitely a movie you need to experience if you're interested.
It doesn't have a lot of dialogue and it's rather short at just over 1 hour, so it's pretty accessible in that way.

3 years ago*

Birds of Prey: And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn (2020)

Not very good. Looked nice (cinematography and effects and stuff like that) but the story wasn't very captivating. All in all pretty disappointing.

3 years ago*

dragon ball Z super broly

3 years ago

Manhattan Murder Mystery (1993)

I thought I would like it more, but I just can't stand Woody Allen's shtick. That weird neurotic, self-deprecating "look at me, I'm so awkward" thing. It got pretty annoying.
Apart from that the cast was good and the acting wasn't bad. The story was a bit predictable from time to time, but not bad either. Overall it was... just fine I guess. I wouldn't watch it again.

3 years ago

Automation (2019)

It’s a love story about a robot and a girl, but it’s about office politics, but it’s about workplace automation, but its about the true sentience of AI, but it’s about profits vs quality, but it's a Christmas movie, but it’s a slasher film. Surprisingly good effects, considering the budget. The robot, Auto, was well designed and well written. Also, I was not prepared for that heartbreaking ending and darn near cried. I rarely cry at movies.

3 years ago

World War Z (2013)

Nice action, good effects. Okay story. Entertaining movie.
I've heard that it's very different from the book, though. Gotta read that some time.

3 years ago

It is VERY different from the book. The only thing the book and movie have in common are the title. I've read the book.

3 years ago

It's been a while since I've read it but I remember I was completely amazed by the book, partly because I've never read a book that uses this structure before basically lots of stand alone "docutainment" short stories that blend so elegantly into an overall arc and I have to agree that the movie doesn't remotely compare to the book.

But due to the structure of the book; without spoiling too much; it's basically a collection of survivor stories gathered by an U.N. delegate roughly 10 years after the end the Zombie outbreak it's pretty much unadeptable to screen while staying true to the source material. At least as a traditional movie...

I was particularly appalled by what they did to the ending.

3 years ago*

The Old Guard (2020)

Very good for what it is. Entertaining with interesting characters, a good story and a talented cast. Not a huge fan of action movies, but this one was worth the watch. And judging by the ending, there's definitely gonna be a sequel.

3 years ago

A Scanner Darkly

3 years ago

Blackout.
A nice short about two strangers contemplating things as they watch the sun go black forever.

3 years ago

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum (1966)

Hilarious comedy movie! Fantastic cast (Buster Keaton in his last film appearance, Zero Mostel, Jack Gilford, Jon Pertwee, Roy Kinnear and many more) delivering great performances and a great story. Music by Steven Sondheim, cinematography by Nicolas Roeg. If you're a fan of Monty Python you'll surely love this movie as well. Highly recommended!

3 years ago*

Cargo. I completely forgot about this until I stumbled across it on Netflix this morning. It was an excellent movie worthy of the original short of the same name and concept.

I recommend this.

3 years ago

The Dead Zone (1983)

Good movie, good cast, very interesting story, but didn't quite live up to its full potential imho.

3 years ago

I remember liking it, but I don't remember anything about it right now. I do remember Christopher Walken's crazy dead zone eyes. Oh no wait, that's just Christopher Walken

3 years ago

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9484998
Palm Springs

really funny, highly recomend it

3 years ago

Last night I watched Village of the Damned - 1960
This is the famous film about albino kids with super powers you probably seen parodied in some places.
This is some good old fashion horror just as I like it.
When the children used their power some crappy after effects filter would turn their eyes white and they could control other people's minds.
Turns out this was too scary even for an A rating so in the British version of the film they just removed the effect altogether.
I mean if that doesn't sell the movie then what are you even looking for??

View attached image.
3 years ago

That movie has a fantastic ending.

3 years ago

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.