Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

The Incredible Shrinking Man (1957)

Great sci-fi classic. Amazing effects! Really good acting. Very interesting character development. Definitely one of the best sci-fi movies of the '50s. And then that ending. "I still exist!" Highly recommended! Absolutely a must-see movie!

3 years ago*

Now see the Incredible Shrinking Woman. Not as good but still fun.

3 years ago

Just put it on my list. Thanks.

3 years ago

That cat...

3 years ago

Parasite by Bong Joon Ho, such a masterpiece

3 years ago

The Island of Dr. Moreau (1977)

Pretty good movie, nice effects, good cast, good performances. Not as good of a movie as I thought, sadly. But still entertaining for what it is.

3 years ago*

It's fun, but did you see the original yet? Island of Lost Souls - it's terrific.

3 years ago

I've put it on my list right after watching that one, but thanks. :D

3 years ago

Da 5 Bloods (2020)

It's so new, I don't wanna spoil anything. So I'm just gonna say that it had a great story, interesting characters, good performances, great editing (you'll know what I'm talking about when you watch it) and it was some very good directing by Spike Lee. Very good and important movie. Definitely recommended!

3 years ago

Shazam! πŸ‘

3 years ago

Short films Rakka and Zygote.
The Accountant (2016)

3 years ago

Journey to the Center of the Earth (1959)

Very enjoyable story, good effects, believable performances by very good actors. All around a fun family adventure film.

Funfact: The duck won a PATSY Award.

3 years ago

The Favourite πŸ‘

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

3 years ago

+1

3 years ago

+1

3 years ago

The Man Who Could Work Miracles (1936)

Great performances, fantastic effects for the time (and keep in mind, this is not a Hollywood movie). Funny movie with some big ideas that give you a lot to think about. Like what would you do if you could suddenly work miracles. Should one person be able to work miracles like that? Could this power corrupt even the most innocuous mind? Do go watch it. It's not too long and you can watch it on youtube.

3 years ago

Midway πŸ€™

3 years ago

Cocoon: The Return (1988)

Okay sequel. Not too bad. Not as good as the first one, though. If you've been to paradise would you stay there even if it meant you would miss out on other stuff like seeing your family grow up?
I would recommend watching both movies together. Like the first one this one also explores themes like ageing/old age, death and sacrifice.
Good performances again, very good story and effects.

3 years ago*

Just watched DOOM - Annihilation.

Was just browsing Netflix and saw it listed. I forgot there was another DOOM movie.

You know what? It was actually not bad. FAR superior to that crap one with The Rock in it.No offense to Dwayne Johnson as he's become a good action actor, though.

A good 7/10 for me. Kind of left off for a sequel too.

3 years ago

Watched Freaks (2019) tonight.

I quite enjoyed it, good effects, good acting. The last act was a bit weak and drop my rating from 7.5 to 7/10

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8781414/

I went in blind, and after watching the trailer, I suggest if anyone is interested, do not watch the trailer.

3 years ago

The Child in Time (2017)

Good concept, very good performances by the lead actors but overall the story is very disjointed. You kinda know what's happening, but it's often you don't really. What's the deal with the prime minister? Why did the story get political there for a moment? What's the deal with the best friend exactly? It's a very personal film, though. About a child going missing and what that means for everyone else.

3 years ago

Hotel Artemis πŸ‘

3 years ago

The Courier πŸ€™

3 years ago

Near Dark (1987)

Good for what it is. Interesting story, good characters, nice effects. Very good performances.

Also pretty unusual for a vampire film, but the word "vampire" is never mentioned.

3 years ago

Primal Rage [2018]

Deep in the Pacific Northwest, Ashley and Max Carr become lost in a forest where a mysterious creature dwells. They soon find themselves in a fierce fight for survival against a terrifying beast that may be the legendary Bigfoot.

Found it in my "Recommended" list on Xfinity, and figured what the hell. It ended up being a not-half-bad take on the Bigfoot legend and its Native American roots. As long as you don't expect Oscar-worthy performances (though they're competent), and you're okay with a cliche story (at least on the surface), it's worth a watch.

3 years ago

Double Trouble (2014)

Very fun little time travel comedy movie. Great plot. Great cinematography. Wonderful music.

3 years ago

Welcome to Marwen (2018)

It's so original. Based on real events, this movie mixes live-action with very good animation to tell a hard-hitting real story. Definitely worth a watch.

3 years ago*

Many Marvel movies. Liked a lot Guardians of Galaxy 2 in 3d version, much more than 1st and much more than I thought anyway. Also liked Avengers Endgame, lengthy and complilative, but nice.

Mister Fantastic. Nice utopian one.

I watched again Rocky, it keeps being a good one despite the old it is.

Also checked Smetto quando voglio, amusing and somewhat strange, but enjoyable.

Ah, also the Elton John one. Really liked it, and I'm not a fan. I've been listening to Elton John songs continuously for a week or 2 afterwards. Somebody said that Elton John's songs are better when sung by someone else, surely applies to Pinball Wizard. Anyway that bio movie was really nice.

3 years ago*

Vivarium (2019)

Definitely heavily inspired by RenΓ© Magritte. Keeps you on the edge for most of its runtime. The story kinda goes nowhere, but it doesn't have to. It's a surrealist movie. Great atmosphere. It may not be for anyone, but I liked it. Could've been a Black Mirror episode running half as long, though.

3 years ago

The Incredible Shrinking Woman (1981)

Good movie. Fun spoof on The Incredible Shrinking Man from 1957. Nice effects, interesting story. Happy ending (but what do you expect? It's rated PG.) This is a negative point btw. The ending of the other movie is so good, BECAUSE it's not "everything is back to normal again." But yeah, still fun. I would recommend watching it if you've already seen The Incredible Shrinking Man. Not necessarily as a double feature, but maybe a few weeks apart.

3 years ago*

Didn't I tell you it was fun?

3 years ago

Yes, you did. :D

3 years ago

Absentia (2011)

A micro-budget horror movie from Mike Flanagan (Doctor Sleep, Gerald's Game, Hush, Ouija 2). It has tinge of cosmic horror which is always a plus in my book. Not for everyone especially since some of the acting fell kinda flat and the first act could have been a bit tighter however if you can get over how "indie" the whole production feels, it's actually quite good. Definitely down for a higher-budget remake.

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.