Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Our Hospitality (1923)

Some say this is Buster Keaton's first masterpiece. I concur. Great movie. Great performances, very interesting story, good cinematography. Hilariously funny! Fantastic stunts. But what else do you expect from a Buster Keaton movie?

3 years ago*

At the Foot of the Flatiron (1903)

Looks like a very windy day. Everyone is holding on to their hats. :D

3 years ago*

Sunset Boulevard (1950)

Outstanding movie! Fantastic cast, great story, stunning cinematography. Highly recommended! Definitely one of the best movies of the 1950s and of all time! Some of the most memorable lines in cinema history also came from this movie. Like "I am big. It's the pictures that got small" or "All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up.".
You just really need to watch this masterpiece!

3 years ago*

Ballistic (2018)

Good sci-fi/action short film. Nice vfx. Interesting story.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

3 years ago

Captain Phillips (2013)

This feels very realistic. Fantastic performances! Especially the end when he's free and being examined is absolutely outstanding! Tom Hanks is a terrific actor and this is one of his best performances I've seen.
Very high tension all the time.

Another interesting thing about this movie is, that it's not about how worried his wife is or anything. You see that in so many movies. The family back home is worried sick. But here we don't see that. We know, because obviously it is how it is, but we stay in the action. It really helps the immersion. Staying with the main character instead of digressing to minor side plots.

Definitely a must-see film even if it seems a bit lame before you watch it.

3 years ago*

3 years ago

Paper Moon (1973)

Really good! Great story, very fun to watch. Interesting characters portrayed very well (I mean Tatum O'Neal won an Oscar for this movie. At age 10, making her the youngest person ever to win a competitive Academy Award. The movie is worth checking out for that alone.) Nice cinematography. I'd definitely recommend this gem!

3 years ago*

Three Colours trilogy and Portrait of a Lady On Fire which was like 4 months ago or something.
I recommend all of them

3 years ago

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. it's the favourite movie of my german teacher so I gave it a chance. It wan't bad but quite similar to Snatch. Yeah, I know Snatch is the newer movie but that one is the one I had seen earlier.

3 years ago

Stay Tuned (1992)

Very entertaining! The best part are all the hilarious spoofs on the TV. Like Sadistic Hidden Videos, Fresh Prince of Darkness, Driving Over Miss Daisy, Saturday Nite Dead (with a Duane's Underworld sketch), a fantastic Salt N Pepa music video and so many more. It sadly didn't quite live up to it's potential. I don't know what it was but it could've been better. Maybe it would've been better as a tv show.

3 years ago

The Goonies 7/10

3 years ago

3 years ago

Lust for Life (1956)

Really good movie on Vincent van Gogh. Great performances, especially by the late Kirk Douglas. Beautiful cinematography, very good looking movie. Pretty good van Gogh. I'd definitely recommend it. And don't worry if you've already seen a movie on van Gogh, they're all a bit different.

Funfact: Parts of the film were shot in van Gogh's hometown. And since Kirk Douglas had his hair cut in the style of the artist and had it dyed to a similar tint, some of the older inhabitants thought van Gogh had returned. Keep in mind, he died in 1890, so only 65 years prior to the shooting of this movie. So yeah, some of the old people lived there during the times the artist was alive and walking the streets there.

3 years ago

The Phantom Carriage (1921)

What a masterpiece! Not just of silent horror, but of all of cinema! Stunning performances, great cinematography, fantastic story! Highly recommended! Absolutely outstanding movie!

3 years ago

Darkest Hour (2017)

Great performances, especially by Gary Oldman, who finally won an Oscar with this one. Brilliant screenplay, fantastic make-up work. A lot of energy throughout the whole movie, and also a bit of fun now and there. Go watch it if you haven't already.

3 years ago

The Adjustment Bureau (2011)

Really interesting concept, sadly the movie wasn't really able to live up to it. Good cast, not their best performances, though. Still a fun film.

3 years ago

La famiglia (1987, Ettore Scola)

Portait of a roman family, through the whole lifetime of Carlo all along 20th century, completely filmed inside their apartment.
Many prestigious prizes and nominations awarded to this movie.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

3 years ago

The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938)

I wanted to watch this one for ages, and in honor of Olivia de Havilland's passing I finally did today.

Great movie! So entertaining, fantastic performances by an outstanding cast. Stunning cinematography, effects and stunts. Really fun movie.

3 years ago

It's a gem, they don't make them like this anymore, sadly :)

3 years ago

Jaws (1975) - One of the most iconic soundtracks ever. But I mean basically anything that comes from John Williams is some of the most iconic things ever by default.
As tense as it may get, Jaws is ultimately one of the most entertaining and joyful movies out there, thanks to its lovable trio of main characters, their unique personalities and great chemistry.
This is just one of those movies that even as a kid you know is incredible. Completely timeless.

3 years ago

Ad Astra

Absolutely awful.

3 years ago

I'm with you there, one of those "hours of my life I can't get back" movies xD

3 years ago

uff i think i was de truman show but i dont secure

3 years ago

1917, I felt they put way more importance in making the scenes, transition between scenes and the scenery be beautiful and purposefully shifted the story/plot to be less important - not my preference and there are better movies with more artistry in the shots that didn't detract from the plot as much.

There were transitions of scenes where I had trouble telling if "time had passed" or not, like this was a stage play rather than an actual movie...not bad, but it also didn't feel like a proper movie for me.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago*

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.