Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Equilibrium (2002)

3 years ago

The Snake Pit (1948)

Great movie! Outstanding performance by Olivia de Havilland, very gripping story. Great characters. The supporting cast delivered good performances too (all very believable in the institutional context), but de Havilland obviously was a few leagues above them talent-wise.

3 years ago

saving the soldier ryan i dont watch complete jejej

3 years ago

Captain Blood (1935)

One of the best pirate movies I have ever seen. Very interesting story, really good performances by a great cast (Errol Flynn, Olivia de Havilland, Basil Rathbone), nice
cinematography. Great effects as well. Most of the ships in the battle scenes were miniatures.

So if you're only ever gonna watch two Errol Flynn movies, watch this one and "The Adventures of Robin Hood" (1938), both the best adaptations of their source materials.

3 years ago

I watched Religulous, a documentary by Bill Maher, stand-up comedian and political commentator. It's about his acid views on the current state (2008) of the mayor religions in the world. It's supposed to be a little offensive, of course. It's kind of funny, a little bit of cringe here and there.
It opens up great social discussions, the kind of you wanna bring up with grandma during Sunday's family dinner. Just kidding don't do that

3 years ago

Lady in a Cage (1964)

What an atmosphere! I was on the edge of my seat almost the whole time. The terror of being trapped inside your own house with no chance to connect to the outside world or call for help. And then you're helpless when people are suddenly breaking and entering. Or worse.
Terrific little-known gem starring Olivia de Havilland and James Caan (in his first movie role). Really good performances by both of them, too. It's far ahead its time. Very well worth the watch. Must've been a real shocker when it came out.

3 years ago

Piranha 3DD. I was looking through some free on demand movies and I forgot that I never saw the sequel to the first one. Just as campy, cheese and bad as the first. Which is why I couldn't stop watching and loved it. :LP

3 years ago

The Strawberry Blonde (1941)

It's still my de Havilland week (oh yeah, I'm doing a de Havilland week in honor of her passing if you didn't already realize that) and this one has James Cagney in it, one of my favourite actors of all time. So I decided to watch it today.

Very well written and acted characters, a story with wit and heart and so much more. Suprisingly enjoyable movie. Not de Havilland's best (or Cagney's for that matter) but it's still pretty good.
In fact, it's considered by both Cagney and Raoul Walsh, the director of the picture (and if you know who he is then you know), one of their favourite films they made.

3 years ago

The Heiress (1949)

Pretty good movie, very good performances (especially by de Havilland) and interesting story. I didn't think it was better than some others I watched this week, though. So no idea why de Havilland got an Oscar for her role in this one, but not for The Snake Pit from a year before (which was imho a better performance. But at least she got a nomination for that one.)

I mean it was a good movie and I'm glad she got an Oscar for her performance, but it wasn't THAT good. I've expected more. Maybe it's my fault for setting my expectations too high.

3 years ago*

To Each His Own (1946)

Very good movie with a very interesting story. Great performances, pretty fast paced for a 2 hour movie. Full of heart. That ending is just so emotional. And it earned Olivia de Havilland her first Oscar. Definitely recommended.

Well, this concludes my Olivia de Havilland week. May she rest in peace, these movies definitely showed me how outstanding of an actress she was. Ginger Rogers once said "It seemed Olivia knew a good thing when she saw it." and yes, she absolutely did.

3 years ago

Enemy Mine (1985)

Good movie about two enemies (one alien and one human) becoming friends, learning each others languages and more. Pretty wholesome.
Good performances, nice set designs and an interesting story.

3 years ago

+1 That was a FANTASTIC movie.

3 years ago

Soapdish (1991)

Good cast (Robert Downey Jr., Sally Field, Whoopie Goldberg, Kevin Kline). Believable performances, but all in all it feels not a lot like a movie. I guess it's not supposed to, because it's about people making a TV show. But still. Didn't waste my time with it, but it wasn't very good either. The director of this movie described it as a "mumbo cha-cha soap opera" so if you think you'd like that, go watch it.

3 years ago

Shampoo (1975)

Not very good. It's basically about a hairdresser who fucks the women who's hair he cuts. That's it. That's the plot. It's supposed to be a comedy but
there's barely anything funny in it. Just a boring movie. It just doesn't go anywhere. Pretty sure this was the worst movie I watched in a while.
There have been fantastic movies that came out in '75. This is definitely not one of them. Not recommended.

3 years ago

The Fallen Idol (1948)

A great suspense thriller told mostly through the naive eyes of an ambassador's young son. Very good performances and a very suspenseful story. Highly recommended!

3 years ago

Surviving Picasso (1996)

Fantastic character study by Anthony Hopkins. Interesting plot (it's a biography, so a lot of what happens in this movie actually happened like that). It's quite something. Definitely not an easy watch, but it's worth it.

3 years ago

Kon-Tiki (2012) 8/10

3 years ago

Cujo (1983) :( was on so why not

3 years ago

Tommaso (2019)

One of Willem Dafoe's best performances yet. It's very slice of life, so if you don't like that kind of movie this one isn't for you. If you do like those movies, this is definitely something you should experience if you can. It's more than just watching a movie.

3 years ago

An American Pickle (2020)

This was a huge surprise! It might actually be Seth Rogen's best performance so far. Funny, sweet and at times even confronting. Interesting plot.
Some reaching to further the plot here and there, but... who cares?
It's surprisingly good! Do yourselves a favour and watch it if you can.

3 years ago

Greyhound 👍

3 years ago

3 years ago

Constantine (2005)

My third movie of yesterday was this one. It was a rewatch, but it's still very good!

3 years ago

Extinction (2018)

Interesting alien story. A father has recurring dreams of an alien invasion. One day it comes true. Very good plot twist. Nice effects.
(Okay, that bridge collapse scene at the end looked horrible.)
It's entertaining and all but in the end, it maybe should've been a whole show instead of a movie. Could've had better pacing and stuff. Still a good movie, though.

3 years ago

Five Easy Pieces (1970)

There's not much plot, it's just one of those movies. More of a character study of a guy that doesn't really have any goal in life but reevaluates it later in the movie. Good performances.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.