Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

The Penalty (1920)

Very good movie! Great acting, especially from Lon Chaney Sr. who plays a double-amputee in this movie. Now you may ask yourself "Lon Chaney Sr. had both his legs, how could he have played someone without legs in 1920?" Easy, he got them tied back and he walked around on his kneecaps. That was so painful, that he could only act for a minute before the pain got so bad that he had to take a pause. If you watch the movie you can imagine how that must've hurt. But despite that he delivered a great performance. Very interesting story as well. Definitely worth checking out.

3 years ago

A Christmas Carol (1910)

I mean everyone knows that story. This is the second oldest surviving screen adaptation of the famous literary work. Good acting. Good effects for 1910. Marc McDermott was a good Scrooge.

3 years ago

L'homme orchestre (1900)

Great short by Georges Méliès. Fantastic effects, but that's what he's known for. Very entertaining.

3 years ago

London's Trafalgar Square (1890)

"London's Trafalgar Square is an 1890 British short silent actuality film, shot by inventors and film pioneers Wordsworth Donisthorpe and William Carr Crofts at approximately 10 frames per second with an oval or circular frame on celuloid film using their 'kinesigraph' camera, showing traffic at Trafalgar Square in London. The surviving ten frames of film are the earliest known motion picture of the city."

Worth checking out. It's very interesting.

3 years ago

Tenet (2020)

Saw this one in the cinema again yesterday. Very enjoyable the second time around. I understand it a bit better now. :D Definitely worth a second watch.

3 years ago*

Drunken Master (1978)

Also watched this one yesterday evening. Still a great Jackie Chan movie. Very entertaining.

3 years ago

I'm Thinking of Ending Things (2020)

I can't describe why it is, but this movie is just very good. The story is quite... unconventional, but the performances are great! Definitely gets you thinking while and after watching the movie. Everything from here on is a spoiler, so here's an extra warning. Also if you've watched it and you're looking for some explanation, please continue reading. So. She doesn't exist. Or at least she doesn't exist like this. She, as Jake's girlfriend, just doesn't exist. He met her when he was young, but was too shy to talk to her. What we see is what he imagines would be if he had talked to her back then and if they would've become a couple. He would've/could've introduced her to his parents at different aspects of their lives, that's why we see those scenes of them suddenly being younger or older. The paintings "she" has made, who have Jake's name on them are his. Obviously. He didn't even really meet her, she just went on a party with some friends and he lingered around a bit. That's the extent of their relationship. Also he maybe heard her name once back then, but doesn't really remember it. That's why he calls her Lucy, Louise, Luisa, etc. She also has no name in the credits and in the subtitles she's always just "young girl". Also the janitor is Jake himself. And throughout the events of the movie he's thinking about killing himself. He is thinking of ending things. Even though at first we might think that she is thinking of ending things.

A lot of negative reviews come from people who just didn't understand the movie but maybe they should rewatch it. I definitely recommend it!

3 years ago*

The Musketeers of Pig Alley (1912)

Interesting story. Good acting. Elmer Booth definitely had a lot of swagger as a mafia guy. Must've inspired Cagney later on. Sad that he died in 1915. Could've had an illustrious career long into talkies and more.

3 years ago

3 years ago

3 years ago

Whip It (2009)

Very fun and entertaining movie. Good performances.

3 years ago

True Story of The Kelly Gang (2019): https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4844140/
Where It really shines is showing you the path to crime which I don't see often. I really enjoyed the film despite the 6/10 rating on the link. Excellent cast here.

3 years ago

Stoker (2013)

Really good movie. You can definitely see Park Chan-wook's direction in this. Great story, good performances, fantastic cinematography. Really eerie atmosphere.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

3 years ago

Bill and Ted Face the Music
Better than i expected to be honest, Keanu and Alex did a great job getting back into these characters. I didn't like the daughters at first but halfway through the movie they start to grow on you, it was a nostalgic trip from beginning to end.

3 years ago

Traffic (2000)

Just look at that cast. Benicio del Toro, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Michael Douglas, Don Cheadle, Luis Guzmán, Amy Irving, James Brolin, Viola Davis, Albert Finney, Topher Grace, Dennis Quaid, Salma Hayek, John Slattery and more. Three loosely connected segments about drug trafficking in the United States. Each having its specific look and colour. Great, believable performances as well. Very captivating story/stories.

It won 4 Oscars, including Steven Soderbergh for Best Director and Benicio Del Toro for Best Actor in a Supporting Role. Some might say this is a masterpiece and it might very well be for more than a few people. I personally don't think so, but it's still a very good movie.

3 years ago*

A Hologram for the King (2016)

Very good effects, good pacing, beautiful cinematography. Interesting story. Very enjoyable movie. An easy watch.

3 years ago

The Fury (1978)

Good movie, very interesting premise, which fell a bit short, but it was still good. Great score by John Williams! Very good effects, especially the one at the very end. You don't have to repeat it more than 10 times, though. From different angles. I mean, yes. It's the big finish, but still. We get it.

3 years ago

Die toten Augen von London/The Dead Eyes of London (1961)

The first of those old german Edgar Wallace movies I watch. Good cast, delivering pretty good performances. Especially Blacky Fuchsberger, Klaus Kinski and Ady Berber. Interesting story.
Pretty entertaining. I think I'll watch more of those old german Edgar Wallace movies. Anyone here got a favourite?

3 years ago

Remember Me (2010)

Good performances by an interesting cast (Robert Pattinson, Chris Cooper, Pierce Brosnan, Meghan Markle and more). And HOLY FUCK, that ending got me out of nowhere. Fuuuuuck. I didn't actually know when exactly this story took place and how perfect I timed it by watching it today. Still can't get over it. Damn... go watch this. Immediately. Just do it right now.
If a movie deserves the description "powerful", it's this one. I'll definitely remember it. Such a thought-provoking movie.
It brings in a well-needed humanity into the events of 9/11, like you always hear about those 3000 people but seeing this you realize that those were THREETHOUSAND PEOPLE! Everyone of them with a story, everyone of them a person with friends and family, emotions, a live. That ending really hit hard, because even though there are some hints in the movie up to that point, you don't really expect it.

3 years ago*

Dune (1984)

After the recent trailer for the new adaptation came out, I thought I'd finally watch this one today. There are both the theatrical and the extended version on my DVD set, but I'm watching the theatrical one today.

It's a great movie. Very good, but it an odd way. I would describe it as a flawed masterpiece. I loved it, but I feel like it still had more potential. Haven't read the book yet, but I'll have to now. :D And definitely looking forward to the new one. And I also need to watch Jodorowsky's Dune.
Pretty good effects for the time.

3 years ago

Horns (2013)

Rewatched this one yesterday evening. Still a pretty good movie. Great effects.

3 years ago

Just finished "Da 5 Bloods", and it was ok.

A little too long for me

3 years ago

Bird Box (2018)

Finally got to watch this one. It's not as bad as everyone said when it came out. It's also not very good, though. Interesting concept, very good cast. The movie itself was just kinda underwhelming. If you want to watch something similar but better, watch A Quiet Place.

3 years ago*

Knives Out (2019) - Really interesting mystery movie 👍

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.