Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Dolittle (2020)

Guess I wasn't surprised that it was pretty bad. The plot wasn't that horrible, but pretty much all the acting was. If you have younger children it's colourful and has talking animals, but otherwise I'd not bother with it.

3 years ago

Why Dolitle for talking animals for younger children, when Paddington exists?

Also. no joking. Both Paddington movies are superb family films

3 years ago

Avengers Endgame. Then I had to Google about Captain America being able to pick up and use Thor's Hammer. Interesting.

3 years ago

He slightly pick it up in Avenger 2 "Age of Ultron " . Thats why i hadnt suprised at all but excited.

3 years ago

In weiter Ferne, so nah!/Faraway, So Close! (1993)

This is the sequel to the movie I watched yesterday. I've only known about this one since yesterday and at first I thought it might be a cheap sequel without anyone from the first movie but when I read that they (Bruno Ganz, Otto Sander, Peter Falk) were in this one too, plus some other people like Nastassja Kinski, Willem Dafoe, Lou Reed, Mikhail Gorbachev and german film legend Heinz Rühmann (who was already over 90 when filming this and passed away the following year, making this his final movie), I was very intrigued.
And I wasn't disappointed. In my opinion you should watch these two together, best as a double feature. This one is not as great as the first one, but it's
still very good. Very beautiful, same great atmosphere, cinematography and characters. Definitely recommended as well, even if it's just because you want to experience more of the world of Der Himmel über Berlin/Wings of Desire.

3 years ago

Thirst (2009)

Great korean vampire movie that unlike other vampire movies doesn't use fantasy but portraits vampirism as a virus. Maybe one of my favourite modern vampire movies. Really interesting characters, beautifully shot, entertaining story. Fantastic ending. Definitely watch this!

3 years ago

3 years ago

Midsommar (2019)

Not really what I expected, but I loved every minute of it. It's a beautiful movie, which is funny considering it's a horror movie.

3 years ago

The Stepford Wives (2004)

After watching the original a while ago I decided to watch the remake today. It's pretty much like the original. Just worse. The cast was pretty good, the story was okay if you didn't watch the original (or read the book for that matter). I recommend you to watch the original rather than this.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

I rewatched LOTR.Fellowship of the Ring. My last watch was like 15 years ago.

I'm amazed about how well this movie holds up, nearly 20 years later.

3 years ago

Tenet (2020)

Watched Tenet yesterday evening in the cinema. What an experience! This movie should absolutely be enjoyed on the big screen! Great mindbending action thriller. There are some amazing shots in this movie. Great story, great cast. Definitely go watch this! I'm even gonna probably watch it again.

3 years ago*

Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives (2010)

Good movie, although it might not be for everyone. It's more experimental than anything else.

3 years ago

TENET

3 years ago

Is it already in cinema?

3 years ago

Yes, in europe at least. I watched it on wednesday.

3 years ago

I thought they delayed it September. Time to buy tickets, have been looking forward to this movie since the trailer dropped.

3 years ago

Yes, but not in USA, LOL

3 years ago

Strange to see most movies nowadays release in Canada first and then in the US

3 years ago

Justice League Dark Apokolips War (2020) and Aquaman (2018).

I felt in the mood to watch some superhero stuff yesterday and these two served that pupose just fine, I was kinda surprised at how well Apokolips War works as a stand alone movie cos I didn't watch any of the previous films and had no issue following the story. Aquaman is just a standard superhero flix that doesn't take itself too seriously and thus has fun with its characters, a bit trigger happy with the grunt murdering for the genre and tone tho.

3 years ago

American factory

3 years ago

Koma / Coma - Russian movie, pretty good idea (close to Inception concept - dream space etc.) and visual FX (really liked world structure). Agree with IMDB score ~6 (some elements I didn't like, but in general not that bad movie).

3 years ago

Gladiator (2000)

Great movie, fantastic performances, outstanding cast. Thrilling story, good action, cool fight scenes. If you haven't seen it already (and most of you probably have) go watch it!

3 years ago

Wild At Heart (1990)

Very good movie. Such an interesting story. Good cast. Definitely a David Lynch movie.

Lots of references to The Wizard of Oz. So maybe those two would make for a weird double feature. :D

3 years ago

Raging Bull (1980)

Fantastic movie, really good acting, outstanding cinematography, great story! Highly recommended!

3 years ago

Indeed, I love that movie, one of my all time faves!

3 years ago

Kubo and the Two Strings 7/10

3 years ago

Le cercle rouge (1970)

Very good french crime movie. 140 minutes long, but has a great pace and you're never really bored. Great characters played by great actors. Cool characters. And when I say cool, I mean cool. They never show their emotions or lose control. For example there's a scene where the main character is trying to sell freshly stolen goods to his buyer but that guy can't buy them because they're too hot at the moment and our main character just puts them in his bags and walks away without any emotion. Other movies cough american ones cough would probably have him get violent and loud because he'd be upset. But here, he stays cool. It's very different from most other heist movies I've seen. Definitely give this a watch if you like heist/crime movies.

3 years ago

The Tuxedo (2002)
Loving it so far, very funny movie!

3 years ago

Peeping Tom (1960)

This one was SO good! Great atmosphere, great acting. Very suspenseful! Definitely shocking, even after 60 years. Highly recommended!
And I didn't know that Karlheinz Böhm played the main character. I only knew him from reading about his philanthropy in boulevard papers when I grew up. Of course I knew that he was in Sissi, but didn't expect him to be in this psychological horror-thriller. Truly a great movie. Just became one of my favourites from 1960.

3 years ago

Harvey (1950)

Great movie! So wholesome. I love James Stewart in this. Such a sweet feelgood movie. Highly recommended!

"In this world you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant."

3 years ago*

Fantasia (1940)

As a little kid I had a VHS with some popular Mickey Mouse clips. (Still got it, but no VHS player anymore.) One of the clips, the one I can still remember the best, is "The Sorcerer's Apprentice", where Mickey uses magic to make a broom carry his water buckets for him and it goes horribly wrong. When I found out, that it's part of this concert movie, I put it on my watchlist. Now, a few years later, I finally watched it.

The whole thing got stunning visuals and beautiful animation! It's not really a movie, though. More of (albeit beautiful, like already mentioned) moving pictures to great pieces of classical music. If you like both of those thing, go watch this. It's surprisingly timeless. And that last segment is so different from the others. So dark, I love it!

3 years ago

Animal Crackers (1930)

I obviously knew about the Marx Brothers before, but this is my actual introduction to them. And I have to say, at the beginning it wasn't very good imo. But during the rest of the movie, they kinda grew on me. Not too much, though. I'm still not a huge fan of them. The movie was good. Can you see that I'm writing this review while watching? I don't know how I feel about this movie. At some points I think "ha, that was good. very funny" and then a few minutes later I think "now those jokes are just annoying". It switches between these two. I usually like that kind of joke, but I just feel here it's too much. But sometimes there's a good one
inbetween. Really can't decide if I like this or don't. Wait, did Groucho just break the fourth wall? He looked almost directly into the camera and said "Well, all the jokes can't be good. You gotta expect that once in a while." Now that I like.
Well, after finishing this movie I'd say it was pretty good. I like Groucho a lot more than the others, though.

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.