Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

End of Watch (2012)

Likable, believable characters, good cinematography, very gripping, realistic story. Very intense. Probably one of the best cop movies I've seen.

3 years ago

The Invitation (2015)

Good movie. Very slow build-up. We get a good insight in the main character's mind, but the other characters are almost completely ignored apart from a short conversation with each one. I get what the director wanted to do with this movie. It slowly draws you in, like the calm before the storm. After you make if through that slow first hour the rest is better. Very good performances. Pretty predictable, but still entertaining. The ending is very surprising. Very good. I can't recommend this movie to everyone, though. If you don't watch a lot of horror movies, you might think it's great. If you do, you won't think that. I'm part of the second group. I thought the movie was good, but nothing exceptional.

3 years ago

Crimewave (1985)

Written by the Coen Brothers, directed by Sam Raimi, the cast includes such Raimi/Coen regulars as Frances McDormand and Bruce Campbell. The movie itself isn't very good. There are some interesting scenes in it, though. Like the Parade of Protection, the safest hallway in the world scene. Even a lot of the cast and crew say that making this movie wasn't a great experience. The best thing about it is that the film's troubled production and box-office failure led to Evil Dead II being made. Only watch this if you're a huge fan of Raimi/Campbell or if you're really bored. It's entertaining, but that's it.

3 years ago

Gemini Man 🤙

3 years ago

House of 1000 Corpses (2003)

It's so crazy and over the top, I love it! Very good performances, fantastic costume and set design. Fun, creepy, gory, sadistic. I just really enjoyed all the craziness.

3 years ago

Nobody Knows I'm Here (2020)

Beautiful indie film about a guy who struggles with his past. Very good performance by Jorge Garcia. Good cinematography. It does start off slow, but that's the point. The beauty is in its slowness. The song will definitely get stuck in your head, though. Which is a good thing. Definitely recommended.

3 years ago

Django Unchained

Big bloody fairy tale. Little too long, but awesom till the end.

3 years ago

V for Vendetta

surprisingly relevant for a 2005 movie. A superb scifi action movie with great writing, characters, and directing.

3 years ago

If they switched it to a Liberal instead of Conservative government, it would be surprisingly prophetic.

3 years ago

The Sting (1973)

Great movie, great cast, great story, great design and costume design, fantastic soundtrack. No wonder it won Oscars for Best Picture, Best Director, Best Writing, Story and Screenplay Based on Factual Material or Material Not Previously Published or Produced, Best Art Direction-Set Decoration, Best Costume Design, Best Film Editing and Best Music, Scoring Original Song Score and/or Adaptation. One of the best in its genre. Definitely check this out!

3 years ago

Prince of Darkness (1987)

Very good, great, creepy atmosphere, great effects, pretty good performances. Very underrated Carpenter movie.

3 years ago*

Cargo (2017)

Pretty good, nothing really new, but good acting and a nice plot. Had more potential. Very good ending, though.

3 years ago*

Confessions Of A BBC Loving Teen 2 (2020)

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 months ago.

3 years ago

I've been suggested by a friend to watch the 3 movies Zahler directed.
So a couple of days ago I watched Brawl in Cell Block 99. It was nice and brutal and had an excellent Vince Vaughn starring (And Sonny Crockett was in it too. Instant plus for me).. Liked it a lot more than Bone Tomahawk, which was so very sloooow.
One more to watch, Dragged Across Concrete with Mel Gibson (who kinda disappeared from blockbusters)

First 2 had a very violent ending in common so I guess thats the Zahler way....

3 years ago*

The Boat That Rocked (2009)

Great ensemble cast (Philip Seymour Hoffman, Bill Nighy, Rhys Ifans, Kenneth Branagh, Nick Frost, Emma Thompson and many more), interesting story, fantastic soundtrack. Very unique movie. Very entertaining and hilarious. Yes, it's a bit cheesy at times, but it's a nice feel-good film. Definitely recommended for a good time.

3 years ago

The Hills Have Eyes (1977)

To be fair, I expected more. It's still pretty good but yeah, I thought it would be better. And seeing the posters of this movie since I was a child I thought Michael Berryman would play some monster, but... he just plays some dude. A hillbilly cannibal one, yes. But still just a dude. Interesting story, some good effects.

Are any of the sequels worth checking out?

3 years ago

STILL better than the remake.

3 years ago

Yeah, I don't think I'll watch that. :D

3 years ago

The Blob (1988)
It is The Thing, without the transformations, except when it decides to form a mouth. Blob moves way too fast and is smart enough to know horror trope ambushes. The military basically invented a grey goo scenario bioweapon and I have no idea how they would use it in war without it going wrong. They also added a fundie Christian who took samples and he might start the apocalypse, because horror movie ending. All around bad.

The Blob (1958)
Watch this instead. Steve Mcqueen is in it. Blob is a slow, creeping mass that doesn't move all over the place like Spider-Man. Most original defeat of a horror villain.

3 years ago

Watched both a while ago and I have to say, the original is definitely better.

3 years ago

3 years ago

127 Hours (2010)

I've known of this movie since it was released and back then I even wanted to see it iirc, but it never happened. So I'm watching it now.

Outstanding performance by James Franco. Very intense movie! Very realistic arm cutting scene. Definitely not for the faint-hearted.

3 years ago*

Fight Club
10/10

3 years ago

The Devil All the Time (2020)

Very good movie, good performances, great story, great cast. I really enjoyed seeing Tom Holland in something more serious, where he can show that he can act. Also love seeing Harry Melling in more stuff recently. And Robert Pattinson just gets better and better. I'd recommend the movie.

3 years ago

Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping (2016)

Very good mockumentary. It's surprisingly good! Tons of great cameos so you constantly ask yourself "which unexpected celebrity are we going to see next?" Lots of references, for example when someone gets a helmet that makes a sound a it's just the sound of the tripods from War of the World. I feel like I would appreciate this even more if I was a fan of Lonely Island but I haven't really checked them out. So yeah, if you're a Lonely Island fan and haven't seen this movie yet, stop everything and watch this right now. For everyone else: It's still extremely entertaining. Go watch this!

3 years ago

Jennifer's Body (2009)

It's trying to be a horror comedy, but it's neither very scary nor very funny. Interesting premise. It's not bad, still kinda enjoyable, but not very good.

3 years ago

SpaceCamp (1986)

Yes, you read that right. It was released in 1986. The year the Challenger exploded. Of course it was a marketing nightmare. There are literally scenes in the movie where someone's talking about the shuttle crashing with people inside. So yeah, you can definitely understand why this movie didn't do very well in that year. But it's fun. Not great, but good. Cool cast. One of Joaquin Phoenix' earliest roles (he was credited as Leaf Phoenix).

3 years ago

L.A. Story (1991)

Very good Steve Martin comedy. Lots of amazing gags, visual and otherwise. Great cast (Steve Martin, Sarah Jessica Parker, Richard E. Grant, Patrick Stewart, Rick Moranis and many more). I enjoyed this one very much.

3 years ago*

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.