Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Spotlight (2015)

Very good movie, probably one of the best of 2015. Great acting, a hard-hitting true story about investigative journalists on a case about pedophile catholic priests. Definitely worth the watch.

3 years ago

Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)

I felt like watching something stupid but entertaining and then I remembered that I haven't watched the newest iteration of Spiderman apart from in the ensemble films.

So the movie was decent. Not the best, obviously targeted at a younger audience. Michael Keaton's performance was pretty good. Entertaining, too.

3 years ago

Homecoming was good, but Far From Home was Far From Good.

3 years ago

Spider-Man: Far from Home (2019)

Fuck yeah, Jake Gyllenhaal!

This one was definitely better than the first one. Better story and you can't go wrong with Jake Gyllenhaal. His character is very interesting. Not gonna spoil anything here, though.

3 years ago

Jake Gyllenhaal best performances imo.
Prisoners (2013)
Nocturnal Animals (2016)

3 years ago

Nightcrawler (2014)
Donnie Darko (2001)
Zodiac (2007)
Enemy (2013)
Brokeback Mountain (2005)

3 years ago

Falling Down (1993)

Really good movie! A tale about a man who's stuck in traffic and just snaps. It's just too much for him. He's done with it. His mind can't take it any longer. So he goes crazy. Think Frank Grimes from the Simpsons. (He was actually inspired by this movie.)

Great performances, especially by Michael Douglas, who plays the main character and Robert Duvall, the guy who plays his antagonist, a detective who's on his last work day ever.

3 years ago

+1. FANTASTIC movie. To this day, my friend and I STILL quote the line from the fast food place that it doesn't look like the picture.

3 years ago

Police Academy 6

3 years ago

3 years ago

A Field in England (2013)

Pretty good. Not a lot of plot, but it doesn't need it. Great cinematography, stunning soundtrack, good performances.

"A Field In England tells the story of a group of soldiers deserting from the tumult of the English Civil War and captured by an alchemist who forces them into a hunt for a buried treasure."

Such a trippy movie, what an experience!

3 years ago

I'd call it underrated. One of the best horror films of last decade.

3 years ago

Brighton Rock (1948)

Very good british noir with a great cast (Richard Attenborough, William Hartnell), a gripping story about love, the mob and murder. Very entertaining and enjoyable movie. Go watch it!

3 years ago

Event Horizon (1997)

Also rewatched this one yesterday evening. Still a great movie!

3 years ago

Death Becomes Her (1992)

Very funny and original comedy. Interesting cast (Meryl Streep, Goldie Hawn, Isabella Rossellini, Bruce Willis) delivering good performances. Nice plot, good VFX for the time.

3 years ago

Birds of Prey: And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn.
You know, it was actually pretty good. A lot of fun. Yes it had a LOT of problems, like the constant rewinds and it seemed that some scenes weren't syncing with the lips but it wasn't that bad.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

3 years ago

The Sixth Sense (1999)

Didn't watch this one yet, because when it came out I was 6 and pretty soon after that everyone already knew the big twist. Including me. This kinda kept me from watching it until now, but these last few days I've seen some things about it so I decided to watch it today.

Despite now being pretty much a meme, the story is very good. The performances in this movie were great. Especially Haley Joel Osment's. (That car scene towards the end with Toni Collette was outstanding acting on both sides.)
It would still have been better if the twist wasn't this omnipresent. I mean... who doesn't know it? Even people who don't watch movies know The Sixth Sense's twist.
But it's still a very entertaining movie. So if you're like me and haven't seen it yet (for obvious reasons), do go watch it. It's worth it. This movie doesn't only exist as a twist. The rest is also great.

Funfact: Unintentionally the second movie in a row for me where Bruce Willis' character has a doctor title and where he at some point in the movie is dead. (This is in a spoiler more because of Death Becomes Her because his death becomes a pretty big plot point at some point in the movie.)

3 years ago

East of Eden (1955)

Great movie, fantastic performances (especially by James Dean). Great, gripping story. Highly recommended movie!

So with this one I finished watching James Dean's big three. This is how I'd rank them:

1. Rebel Without a Cause (it's just a great movie about counter-culture at that time)
  2. East of Eden
  3. Giant (not a huge fan of westerns, but this one was still very good)

All in all I can just say that James Dean would've had a fantastic career ahead of him (and he would be 89, he could still be alive). Would he have made worse movies over the decades? Yes, that normal. He probably wouldn't be as big of a legend as he is, but he definitely would've made more great movies, some maybe even better than these three. It's sad that he died so young.

3 years ago*

Night Moves (2013)

Really interesting. Kinda slow paced, but that doesn't hurt the narrative of the movie. Good performances.

3 years ago

Damn you! Now I have the song stuck in my head.

3 years ago

I'm not sorry! :D

3 years ago

Victory (1981)

Not only does this have a great professional cast (Michael Caine, Sylvester Stallone, Max von Sydow), the cast also includes some of the most legendary football players of all time (Pelé, Bobby Moore).
Interesting story, although maybe not very historically accurate. Good performances. Not the best movie but it was fun nonetheless.

3 years ago

Branded to Kill (1967)

Pretty good japanese yakuza film. Great cinematography, interesting stor, good performances. This will probably not be everyone's cup of tea, though.

3 years ago

Project Power (2020)

Very interesting concept, nice action, good characters and cast. Entertaining movie. Some seriously good-looking shots. Give this a watch if you're bored.

3 years ago

Nosferatu: Phantom der Nacht (1979)

It's just SO good! Great atmosphere, really creepy. Great performance by Klaus Kinski. The soundtrack is also very good, often almost completely silent and if not, a few atmospheric notes here and there. Like I said, great atmosphere! Kinski speaks slow and soft, which makes his Count Dracula even more creepy. Highly recommended!

I still prefer the 1922 original a bit more, but this one is really good as well. They're almost on the same level for me to be fair, albeit for different reasons.

3 years ago

The Lighthouse (2019)

Haunting, mindbending, and hilariously funny at points. Never seen anything like it. Willem Dafoe's best performance ever!
9/10

3 years ago

Nightcrawler (2014)

Rewatched this one yesterday evening and it's still a fantastic movie!

3 years ago

Terminator: Dark Fate. It's the same whole scenarios they keep playing over and over with the Terminator films. It's bad, like Terminator 3 bad.

3 years ago*

Once Upon a Time in the West (1968). Slower than Leone's other spaghetti westerns, with the narrative only explained at the end of the film as the characters' motivations are revealed. I really enjoyed it.

3 years ago

Der Himmel über Berlin/Wings of Desire (1987)

What a great movie! Incredible atmosphere, stunning cinematography, outstanding story, fantastic characters. If I had known that it would be THIS great, I would've watched it way earlier. Definitely one of the greatest german movies of all time. It's just so beautiful!

3 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.