Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Mirage (2018)

Spanish mystery-drama movie. Pretty good story about parallel worlds 25 years apart and electrical storms connecting them. Great tension, very good characters. Some parts are kinda predictable (like who the boy is now; I thought that guy was him the second she mentioned his name), but all in all definitely worth the watch. Future people influencing people from the past so things in the future don't happen, stuff like that. I guess if you liked The Butterfly Effect (2004) (still need to watch this one, myself), you'll find this one entertaining as well.

3 years ago

The Color of Pomegranates (1969)

Soviet-armenian surreal biography art film. Lots of beautiful imagery (like roofs full of open books, to just mention one). It's a biography about Armenian ashugh (singer-poet) Sayat Nova, that attempts to reveal the poet's life visually and poetically rather than literally. Each scene is like a painting and it's worth watching for the costumes and the set designs alone. The soundtrack is also very good. If you like surrealist movies, I can definitely recommend this one. Right now it's the best (albeit only) armenian movie I've ever seen and a very good surreal movie.

3 years ago

Sonic the Hedgehog - 6/10

3 years ago

As Above, So Below (2014)

American found-footage horror movie. Great story about a group of young people on the search for the philosopher's stone, which leads them into the catacombs under Paris (First production to secure permission to film down there and the result is a truly stunning location. Oh, and thousands upon thousands of real human skeletons that can be seen in the movie.) and into the seven circles of hell, where they encounter horrors beyond their imagination (and also literally Judas, Cain and Lucifer himself (with a fantastic character design, half babyface (because, you know, he was God's most beautiful angel) and half disfigured like a fall victim (because he fell down from heaven or something like that.))).
Great, scary atmosphere. So original! Overall a really good movie. Definitely way better than I expected. Highly recommended!

3 years ago

Borat "2" - 6/10
Its not a bad movie, but my expectations were quite high, cause I loved the first Borat movie...

3 years ago

Saw it yesterday and thought it was ok. More narrative than in the first and fewer "pure" Borat pranks. I laughed out loud when he took the phone, excuse me, calculator to the toilet and seeing my gf cringe at the "dance" was worth it on its own ^^

3 years ago

yeah, i am not saying it was bad :) i laughed a couple times, but the first one was a solid 8/10.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

3 years ago

Rogue 👎

3 years ago

Megan Fox. That should be the biggest red flag right there.

3 years ago

But I didn't think it would be such a bad movie..

3 years ago

The Last of Sheila (1973)

American neo noir mystery movie. A fun mystery game develops into a real murder mystery. Screenplay by Anthony Perkins and Stephen Sondheim. Great cast. Very entertaining! Might make a good double-feature with Knives Out (2019), if you haven't seen that one yet.

3 years ago*

Up in Smoke - 7/10

3 years ago

Arsenic and Old Lace (1944)

American dark comedy movie. Very good cast.Great story about a guy (Cary Grant) who's just been married. But then he visits his old family house, where his old aunts (who mercy-kill old men) and his brother (who believes he is Teddy Roosevelt) live and then his other brother (who's a serial murderer) visits with his accomplice, a plastic surgeon (who alters his face after every murder, the last time drunkenly to resemble Boris Karloff's Frankenstein, to everyone's amusement) and everyone goes haywire. Hilarious comedy. I really can't say who's the funniest, craziest character in this movie. Highly recommended!

3 years ago

Army of Darkness - 6/10

3 years ago

Captain America: Civil War + Spiderman: Homecoming in kind of a combo pack :)
I wasn't in the mental and financial state when they were screened that I could experience them on the big screen, but they are still a lot of fun. It's a bit awkward to explore most of the Marvel Cinematic Universe after seeing Infinity War and Endgame. I followed the stories enough to keep up with the storyline, but it's such a joy to explore the little tidbits of the series. Turns out I have more of a comic-fan in me than I thought, so far neither of the movies disappointed me, be it the thriller of The Winter Soldier, the heist-comedy and fucked up physics of Ant-Man ( I genuinely thought I'll dislike this, but loved the character so much in Endgame that it got me pretty excited) or the buildup towards Civil War in Age of Ultron.

To watch: Black Panther (curious, but not really excited about it), Ant-Man and the Wasp (super-stoked) and Captain Marvel (curious, with a side of excited)

3 years ago

Ganja & Hess (1973)

American experimental blaxploitation horror movie. Could even be described as kind of a vampire movie, even though there are no vampires in this movie. But rather people who are immortal and have to drink blood. So maybe you could say it has vampiric elements. Great performances, especiall by Duane Jones (who you might know as the main character from 1968's Night of the Living Dead).
But since this one is an experimental movie, the horror is much more stylized. Still very good for what it is!

3 years ago

Primal Fear (1996)

American legal thriller movie. Fantastic (debut) performance by Ed Norton, very good performances by other members of the cast, too. Really good movie, great story. And that ending. Wow! I was definitely positively surprised. I really didn't think this movie would be this good. Highly recommended!

3 years ago

A Clockwork Orange - 6/10

3 years ago

Busty Tattooed Beauty Brooke Lyn POV (2020) - 5/10

3 years ago

My Hero Academia: Two Heroes - 9/10

3 years ago

The Favourite - 7/10

3 years ago

Love and Monsters (2020)

American post-apocalyptic adventure movie. Good story, interesting monster designs. I only watched this because I've seen a video of a cake version of one of the monsters in this video this morning and I couldn't find the movie I actually wanted to watch, because it's from the 80s and it's chinese. So I decided to watch this one. It's entertaining, yeah. But that's about it.

3 years ago

3 years ago

The Last Black Man in San Francisco (2019)

American drama film. Brilliant cinematography, great story about a young black man trying to reclaim his childhood home in a gentrified neighborhood. Partly based on the life of the lead actor, who played himself. Outstanding performances. This movie is absolutely one of the greatest movies of 2019! Highly recommended! (It even made me yearn for San Francisco, and I've never been there.)

3 years ago

The House That Jack Built (2018)

Psychological horror art film by Lars von Trier. Such an interesting story. Very good cast. Fantastic performance by Matt Dillon. Very captivating movie, even at 2 1/2 hours long it's not the tiniest bit boring. And that ending is just totally out there. Definitely didn't expect something like that. At its core it's a serial killer movie, but unlike any other serial killer movie I have seen. (And the main character Jack actually builds a house, although definitely one you'd expect. Great movie! Might be one of the best of 2018.

3 years ago

Cure (1997) (Kiyoshi Kurosawa) on VHS. Still as unsettling decades later.

3 years ago

I Spit on Your Grave (1978)

American rape and revenge horror film. The rape scenes made me sick, the revenge scenes are totally justified, though. Those revenge scenes could've even been gorier. I definitely understand why this movie was banned or heavily cut in many countries when it came out. The story is pretty simple. A writer rents an isolated cottage to write a novel, gets raped multiple times by some and after that, gruesomly kills them off one after the other. (Hanging one of them, cutting of one guy's dick and letting him bleed out, killing another guy with his own axe and disemboweling the last with a boat propeller.) Overall not very good. Mainly because I wanted to see some more gruesome revenge. I still feel sick from the rape scenes, though.

3 years ago

Don't watch the remakes then. The scenes are more vicious.

3 years ago

Cannibal Holocaust (1980)

Italian cannibal film. I mean... you've heard of it. Probably. If you're even a bit into horror movies you definitely have. And at its core, this movie is actually good. It has an interesting story, a very good soundtrack, it's famous for its extreme depicitions of violence and obviously cannibalism (which, thanks to great effects, look very real). The worst thing about this movie are the actual real animals that got killed on camera. Most of them quick and thus relatively painless (although it's still fucked up) but there's also a coati that they... I guess they wanted to cut it open from its belly and all the way through the throat and that it would be dead immediately, but they missed the main artery multiple times and that poor thing was screaming. They also cut the shell off a turtle, but after they decapitated it. But even the director now regrets using real animals for those scenes. Talking about the director, he even was arrested on murder charges because people thought the actors in the movie were actually killed. The contract they signed, that they would disappear for a year after the movie was released, to make people think it was real, definitely didn't help him. But after he contacted them and they appeared in court, those charges of course were dropped. There are also rape scenes in this movie, even more vicious than in I Spit on Your Grave, but they don't feel as real. Maybe because of the context in the movie.

I hate to say it, but overall, for what it is, this is a very good movie. Definitely earned its place in cinematic history.

3 years ago*

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.