Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

The raid 1 - 8/10
The raid 2 - 7/10

3 years ago

Bacurau (2019)

Brazilian-french mystery science fiction drama/"Weird Western" film. (Google it, it's a real subgenre.) The last guy I expected in a brazilian movie is Udo Kier. But there he is. Bacurau is a really good movie. Can't really pinpoint what exactly it is, but yeah... it's really quite something. And it's got lots of underlying themes like the social gap, political corruption, american gun culture, violence in Brazil and many more. All packed tightly into one interesting, yet hard to define story with interesting characters portrayed very well. Definitely check this one out.

3 years ago

Dune - 6/10

3 years ago

F for Fake (1973)

French-german-iranian docudrama film. Really good one by Orson Welles. Fascinating story about famous art forger Elmyr de Hory and about what's the essence of a forgery. If you're not familiar with Welles, you might want to skip this one. Wouldn't recommend it as your first Welles, but if you've already watched a lot of his movies, I can definitely recommend it!

3 years ago

Breach - Badly acted, badly written and really cheaply made. I have seen better effects in low budget movies from the 80's. 3/10

Skylines aka. Skylines 3 - Not bad, but no great either. Second movie in the series was pretty good IIRC but this one is pretty forgettable. 5/10

3 years ago

3 years ago

Eyes Wide Shut - 8/10

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

3 years ago

The Christmas Chronicles: Part Two (2020)

American Christmas comedy film. It includes a few international christmassy creatures like Belsnickel from Palatinate, the state in Germany where I live (never thought something that hyperregional would make it in a movie like that) or the Yule Cat from Iceland. The cast includes quite a lot of recognizable names (but why they cast Julian Dennison, who's from New Zealand, in a role best played by a german actor, if not someone from Palatinate, is beyond me. This also took me out of the movie a few times.) But the characters were interesting, as was the story. Nothing really revolutionary, very often pretty predictable even but told well. Didn't live up to the first one, though. But it's a movie for the whole family, so if you watch this with little kids you should be alright. It's not childish and there's even an easter egg to a less jolly christmas movie in there (when the elves are tidying everything up after they turned good again there's one of them changing the letters on a movie theatre marquis from "Bad Santa" to "Elf"). So yeah. Best to watch both together but don't expect the second one to be on the level of the first one if you do so.

3 years ago

Christmas in Connecticut (1945)

American Christmas romantic comedy film. It's pretty good, got likeable characters portrayed by a good cast and it has an interesting story. Funny jokes, too. But overall nothing exceptional. I guess it worked better when it was released. Not a movie I'd watch every christmas.

3 years ago

Jingle Jangle: A Christmas Journey (2020)

American Christmas musical fantasy film. The basis of the story is not the most original, but apart from that it's very good. Beautiful set and costume designs, great animation and general CGI, interesting musical numbers, good performances by a strong cast. Feels like it would be great to watch with children because it's very magical.

3 years ago

Playtime (1967)

French-Italian comedy film. Rewatched this yesterday. Still a fantastic movie!

3 years ago

Mortal (2020)

Norwegian english-language fantasy action film. Good performances, cool effects, very interesting story, overall just a very good movie! If you're into norse mythology and a fan of the work of André Øvredal you'll definitely enjoy this one. I really hope there's gonna be a sequel, considering this is just an origin story. And I'll take this story about someone who seems to be a descendant of Thor over Marvel's Thor anytime!

3 years ago

The Invisible Man (2020)

American-australian science fiction horror film. First of all I gotta say that The Invisible Man (1933) is my probably my favourite of the classic Universal Horror movies. So I didn't know about this one. Wether it might be any good at all or not. But it was. Great performances, especially by Elizabeth Moss. Really eerie atmosphere, helped by fantastic sound design. Great cinematography. Probably one of the best movies of the year.

3 years ago

Soul (2020)

American computer-animated fantasy comedy-drama film. And it's just beautiful. This is just pure magic. Also makes you think. About life, about your purpose, and so much more. It's definitely something for an older audience than what's usually the case for most Pixar movies. If this doesn't at least get nominated for multiple Oscars, I don't know either.

3 years ago*

The Gentlemen (2019)

British-American action comedy film. Very entertaining! Great cast full of big names. Interesting story, too. And that costume design is just awesome. Overall a pretty good movie. Definitely recommended! It's definitely worth the watch.

3 years ago

3 years ago

Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

American superhero film. I really wanted to like this. But it falls kind of short. Don't get me wrong. The characters are interesting and portrayed very well. (Especially Pedro Pascal was really good. Probably the best character of the movie.) The soundtrack (by Hans Zimmer) was great. The cinematography was good. Pretty much everything was alright, apart from most of the script. I mean the thing with the wishing was an interesting plot point. But other things were not as good. For example how does Dr. Minerva wanting to be like Diana make her some kind of feline creature? Is it explained anywhere? I don't think so. Overall I don't think it's as bad as lots of people are saying. I mean just look at imdb. So many 1 and 2 star reviews. It's not great, but also not THAT bad. Pretty much middle of the line. It's a comic book movie after all. Don't expect a masterpiece. But if you level out your expectations to a medium it might still be an entertaining 2,5 hours for you.

Well, the mid-credits scene was pretty amazing, not gonna lie.

3 years ago*

Die Hard 👍

3 years ago

Sylvie's Love (2020)

American drama film. Good cast delivering good performances (Tessa Thompson and Nnamdi Asomugha's on-screen chemistry was very good), interesting setting, pretty good music, but not that good or original of a story. Full of tropes and clichés. It's not bad, but it's nothing special, really.

3 years ago

On the Rocks (2020)

American comedy-drama film. I can't really pinpoint what exactly this is about, apart from some guy and his daughter on a mission to catch her husband having an affair. Pretty much slice-of-life. So if you like those kinds of movies this one will be something for you, too. The movie has it's funny and witty scenes, but it's not really laugh-out-loud hilarious. There's some great cinematography in here, lots of times where you can just pause the movie and you have a beautiful shot in front of you. Definitely worth the watch for Bill Murray but overall not very memorable, due to being very slow. So not really a
movie for everyone. But the right person might really enjoy this one. Wasn't me, though. **cough cough**

3 years ago

Wonder Woman 1984 - 5/10

3 years ago

That's the best review of it I've seen so far,.

3 years ago

Soul (2020)

Very nice flick. Above average for the Pixar of this era. Good soundtrack, good message, not very predictable, funny characters. Very enjoyable

3 years ago

Underwater (2020)

American science fiction action horror film. It's pretty good for what it is. Very interesting story, great effects and monster designs. Lovecraftian themes. It doesn't completely live up to it's potential, though. This could've been a really good movie. Sadly it wasn't. But still worth checking out. It's definitely not as bad as you've heard.

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.