Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Max Payne ๐Ÿค™

3 years ago

The Thing ๐Ÿ‘

3 years ago

Back from the Future. LOL
you obviously did : )

3 years ago

Time loop. :)

3 years ago

The Gunman ๐Ÿ‘

3 years ago

3 years ago

Burning: 8.5/10

3 years ago

Soul 2020

8/10

3 years ago

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me

Wow, it's probably the most underrated movie I've seen. I thought it was amazing, and possibly even better than the TV series (excluding S3 as I've yet to see it).
The movie forgoes all the usual lighthearted goofiness and comedy aspects central to the show, and instead is a very dark and mature horror drama. It's quite a necessary change I believe as the subject matter and themes are disturbing and the movie is one to take seriously. It's emotional; it actually made me feel emotions, and I cannot recall many movies that have done that. The movie is unsettling, has a great soundtrack, great acting, great albeit simple cinematography, great characters, great horror and surreal elements, and a great ending. There's little I can criticise about the movie, except it's not really good to see it unless you've watched the first 2 seasons of Twin Peaks, since it spoils the major mystery of the show.

For a rating at the moment I'd maybe give it a 9/10. This is a movie that will stick with me and keep me thinking, so my score might change. Probably will end up being 10/10.

3 years ago

O Lucky Man! (1973)

British comedy-drama fantasy film. Slice-of-life type of movie. Telling the life story of a lucky man. Loosely based on Malcolm McDowell's life before he became an actor. It has quite a few references to his most famous movie Clockwork Orange in it. Overall it's a very good movie, albeit pretty underappreciated, even for a McDowell movie. And it really stood the test of time. It's his personal favourite of his movies, btw. So yeah, definitely something I can recommend. Especially if you're a fan of Malcolm McDowell.

3 years ago

The Exorcist (1973)

American supernatural horror film. Watched this yesterday, but forgot to review it here. So... I might be the last person who hasn't watched this one before. It truly is an excellent horror movie and a great movie in general. Might not be the scariest movie you'll ever see, especially now, after all those years. But it's still up there. Not because of jumpscares or stuff like that, but because it's very psychologically taxing. And it has some stunning cinematography. Fantastic performances by everyone involved. A truly great ending (you can see the eyes turn back to human for like a second before he jumps). Lots of shocking scenes (you know what I'm talking about) that aren't as scary on their own, but all in all paint a pretty shocking picture. You have heard people talk about this being the scariest movie every, which it might or might not be. But it definitely was in 1973, just because no one had ever seen anything like it before. Highly recommended, if you haven't already seen it. It's status as a legendary piece of cinematic history is definitely very well deserved.

3 years ago

This might belong here: A list of all 594 movies I watched in 2020. If someone wants to compare and explore a bit.
https://www.listchallenges.com/every-movie-ive-seen-in-2020-by-currykingwurst

3 years ago*

Gojira/Godzilla (1954)

Japanese kaiju film. Definitely more than just your average monster flick. It's not just about some big bad monster, it's also about humans, their relationships with each other and above all it's to creatively deal with the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. It's an excellent monster movie but also so much more than that. Highly recommended!
This also marks the beginning of my Godzilla january, where I watch every single one of the 35 Godzilla movies currently in existence. I know I'll have to expect some cheesy stuff later on in the franchise, but it definitely starts off extremely strong.

3 years ago

The Village - 7/10

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

3 years ago*

Godzilla Raids Again (1955)

Japanese kaiju film. Not as great as the first one, but it's the first one that has two kaiju fighting each other, which is quite something. And while it's often very cheesy, it's also kinda fascinating. If you want to watch every single Godzilla movie like I am doing, of course watch this. To everyone else: I wouldn't say this is an essential one.
"We did it, we defeated Godzilla at last." Well, about that...
Oh, and btw. Watch the original japanese version if you can find it. The american one was heavily edited and is said to be a lot worse.

3 years ago*

The Thirteenth Floor - 7/10

3 years ago

Whiplash (2014)

American drama film. Rewatched this one yesterday and it's still brilliant!

3 years ago

King Kong vs. Godzilla (1962)

Japanese kaiju film. The first one with Kong Kong and also the first one in colour. AND also the first one that includes americans. This one is also the one with the scene where King Kong tries to shove a tree down Godzilla's throat. Overall pretty cheesy but that was actually the point. To make it more like a satirical comedy.
Watch the japanese version, though. Again, the highly edited american version is said to not be very good.
Funfact: This is the highest attended Godzilla film in Japan. And even one of the highest attended movies of all time in general in Japan.

3 years ago

eXistenZ - 6/10

3 years ago

Such a good movie! But I can understand how it can be too weird for some people. It's definitely not for everyone. :D

3 years ago

I really hope they remake this movie and make it a little less weird and a little more "professional" :) i think its the perfect time for a remake since vr is becoming more mainstream :D

3 years ago

this one might exPlaiN things ; )

3 years ago

added to watchlist :)

3 years ago

Mothra vs. Godzilla (1964)

Japanese kaiju film. It's more magical than the movies before it (because of fairy princesses that have a telepathic link to Mothra) but also more bloody (~because people shoot other people in this movie). Definitely a step up from King Kong vs. Godzilla IMHO, and also more entertaining, even though King Kong is a more established monster/kaiju than Mothra. So yeah, this one was definitely more "evil" again, after the more comedic take on Godzilla in the previous movie.
I'll stop saying it, but watch the japanese version.

3 years ago

On a kaiju kick are we?

Now look for Gamera VS Monster X/Gamera VS Jiger. One of my personal favorites.

3 years ago

Yeah, I'm currently watching all 35 Godzilla movies. Think I'll have enough kaiju for a while after that, but maybe I'll watch the 12 Gamera movies too, one day.

3 years ago

Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster (1964)

Japanese kaiju film. This one is very entertaining. Because it has a pretty good plot (about a princess who mysteriously survived the explosion of the plane she's flying in and then doesn't remember anything anymore, but says she's from jupiter and warns everyone of bad things that will happen) and because it got lots of kaiju in it (King Ghidorah, Rodan, Mothra and of course Godzilla himself, who's kind of a hero instead of a villain for the first time in the franchise). This one was definitely better than I expected. It's funny, it's dramatic (with the subplot and all), it's full of action, it's just kind of epic for what it is. I can definitely recommend this one! Very entertaining!

3 years ago*

Identity - 7/10

3 years ago

Invasion of Astro-Monster (1965)

Japanese kaiju film. Again with an interesting plot (aliens from a planet behind Jupiter who are being tormented by King Ghidorah wanting help from Rodan and Godzilla but then using all three to attack Earth) and also another bit more comical (with Godzilla doing his victory dance this one doesn't have much in common with the first movie anymore).

3 years ago

Unleashed ๐Ÿ‘

3 years ago

Fallen - 7/10

3 years ago

Ebirah, Horror of the Deep (1966)

Japanese kaiju film. I'm starting to strip these movies into two plots. The human one and the kaiju one. They inevitably interweave and become one. This movie isn't that good overall, but it has its own charme. Would've liked to see more of Mothra, but on the other hand this is the movie where Mothra is ACTUALLY back. Not as larvae, but as a fully grown, magnificent flying Mothra. So this movie has that going on for it, although only at the end.

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.