Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Risen - 7/10

3 years ago

Legend (1985)

American epic dark fantasy adventure film. It's surprisingly good. I thought it would "just" be a kids movie, but it feels more grown-up than what I expected. Good story, very interesting characters (especially Tim Curry's Darkness, what a fantastic character design). Overall it's pretty good. Not great, but I can definitely see how people can love this movie, especially if they've seen it as a kid. The movie is good enough that it could become great with a touch of nostalgia added to it. But because I just saw it for the first time (shame on me) that little bit wasn't there for me. I can still recommend it, though. I've watched the Director's cut, by the way. Don't know how that affects my review, because I haven't seen the theatrical version. But I guess the one I've just seen was better.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

3 years ago

The Old Man & the Gun (2018)

American biographical crime film. Great cast (Robert Redford, Sissy Spacek, Casey Affleck, Tom Waits, Danny Glover, John David Washington, Elisabeth Moss and many more). Pretty good story, based on real events. Very entertaining!

3 years ago

Flash Gordon (1980)

American-british space opera film. Well, first of all: This movie has a fantastic soundtrack. It's by Queen, so no real surprise there. Yes, the movie is cheesy and silly, but I feel like it has to be. The performances are good, the story is crazy and fun, the set and costume designs are cool. All around just a really fun movie! Definitely recommended for that.

3 years ago

I think you know where this is going but I'll say it anyway.

+1. I LOVE the movie.

3 years ago

Amistad - 7/10

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Evil Dead (2013)
mmmmm yeah... watchable... once or two times in a lifetime.

3 years ago

Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines or How I Flew from London to Paris in 25 hours 11 minutes (1965)

British period comedy film. Very good story about set in the 1910s about... well... you see the title and that's what the movie is about. Beautiful replicas of vintage flying machines and lots of actual flying, albeit a bit of rear projection here and there. Overall very entertaining and just a fun watch.

3 years ago

The Producers (1967)

Rewatched this yesterday and it's still so good!

3 years ago

Last Christmas (2019)

We're watching several, possibly cheesy, Christmas movies this year. This was the first one. I'm actually pleasantly surprised. While it has its moments, I wasn't expecting this kind of ending. I also like Emilia Clarke, so it was fun.

3 years ago

The Brand New Testament (2015)

Belgian-french-luxembourgish fantasy dark comedy film. At the beginning, god created Brussels. He's a cruel guy, so his daughter Ea sabotages his PC by texting everyone with their date of death before she freezes it and escapes through a washing machine tunnel from their little apartment into freedom, aka Brussels. The outside world. She wants to find 6 disciples, so that together with her brother they're 18, because their mother Goddess loves baseball. Most of the movie is about what people will do now that they know exactly when they're going to die. Very interesting and entertaining plot, good effects, good performances. Overall a good movie that makes you think and is fun and creative. And if those religious fanatics say that this movie is "satanic propaganda" you know it's gonna be good. Definitely recommended if you want to watch something that's different.

3 years ago

The Twelve Disasters of Christmas.

I think I have found my new favorite Christmas movie.

3 years ago

Wizards (1977)

American animated post-apocalyptic science fantasy film. Good characters with interesting character designs. The animation is quite good. Directed, written by and produced by the legendary figure in adult animation Ralph Bakshi. Yes, it's a bit dated after 40+ years, but this doesn't make it any less entertaining. Could even be considered a hidden gem these days. Recommended!

Surprisingly, this movie has a few connections to Star Wars. First of all, Mark Hamill voiced a character in this because he was recommended to Bakshi by George Lucas. Both Lucas and Hamill were fans of Bakshi. And the main method of transportation, two-legged horse-like creatures, directly inspired the tauntauns in The Empire Strikes Back (1980).

3 years ago*

Midway (2019) - the crappiest crap ever crapped. There is 1 female character in the entire movie. All the male characters look like they came out of Zoolander, and talk in pompous slogans. (maybe they did come out of Zoolander)
Couldn't get myself to watch past the first 30 minutes (hope I didn't miss a major plot twist in the end).

Joker (2019) - Starts as a tragic drama, kind of reminded me of Requiem for a dream. Then picks up the pace, and becomes more action-y and less depressing, but still complex and thought provoking. Actually again kind of like Requiem for a dream.
So basically a modern remake of Requiem for a dream, with new characters.

The Magnificent Seven (2016) - Never watched the original, but the remake is pretty good, albeit a bit predictable.
I wouldn't call it an action movie (although it has plenty of action).
More of an old-school western.

3 years ago

Now you'll have to watch original original aka Seven Samurai (1954) and the american remake "original" The Magnificent Seven (1960).

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Kin (2018)

American science fiction action film. Good movie but pretty basic story, nothing really exceptional. The performances by a relatively good cast were not bad, but yeah, overall this is nothing special apart from maybe the twist close to the end. And the ending definitely makes room for a sequel. I'm not really a fan of movies that only exist to start a franchise. But I haven't read anything about a sequel so maybe we won't get one. Then this movie still isn't great. Maybe it would've worked better as a series.

3 years ago

The Talented Mr. Ripley - 8/10

3 years ago

Rewatched The Dead Don't Die. I forgot how much fun this was. Ridiculous, ludicrous fun.Wish an amazing cast of Hollywood legends. Especially Bill Murry and Tilda Swinton as an alien, Scottish samurai.

3 years ago

Happy cake day!

3 years ago

3 years ago

The Big Short (2015)

American biographical comedy-drama film. It's a movie about what lead up to the 2008 financial crisis. But it's definitely way better than what you might expect from reading this. Very good performances by a great cast (Christian Bale, Ryan Gosling, Brad Pitt, Steve Carrell, Karen Gillan, Marisa Tomei, Finn Wittrock, Tracy Letts, John Magaro and more) and some interesting cameos by Margot Robbie, Selena Gomez and Anthony Bourdain as themselves. Oh, and Bale's character listens to metal all the time, which is nice to see. I can definitely recommend the movie!

3 years ago

Greenland 🤙

3 years ago

The Fog (1980)

American supernatural horror thriller film. And it's surprisingly good. Feels kinda lovecraftian at parts. Very good cast (Jamie Lee Curtis, Janet Leigh, Adrienne Barbeau, Hal Holbrook and more), very interesting story, good effects. Honestly, I expected it to be not as good. But it exceeded my expectations. Especially the second half. All in all I can recommend this one!

3 years ago*

Last movie I watched and finished was The 2nd. It was interesting, but full of plot holes...

3 years ago

Contact - 7/10

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.