Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

The Right Stuff - 8/10

3 years ago

Canvas (2020)

American animated drama short film. Great animation. No dialogue, but everything comes across without it. Full of emotion. Definitely a little tearjerky. And only 9 minutes long. Definitely check this one out. (Might get a nomination at the Oscars, so why not watch it now? Then you can say that you knew it was great before lots of other people.)

3 years ago

Tenet - 7/10

3 years ago

3 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQR5zsLHbYw - The Nice Guys (2016) - great movie

3 years ago

Mulan 👍

3 years ago

Quiz Show (1994)

American detective docudrama. After I recently watched a video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2hwRiZ7wlE) where Simon Whistler (a youtuber I honestly can just absolutely recommend to everyone who wants to learn about anything at all) talks a bit about the topic I thought I'd check out this movie based on those fascinating events.
So about the movie: Very good performances (especially by Ralph Fiennes and John Turturro, who are portraying the two main characters) and also by a good supporting cast, interesting story (based on real events). All around just a very good movie.

3 years ago

Enola Holmes - 6/10

3 years ago

El laberinto del fauno - 7/10

3 years ago

Marty (1955)

American romantic drama film. This one is really good for what it is! Not usually a fan of romance movies per se, but this one was definitely great. Amazing, realistic performances, a great story, very likeable characters. Definitely deserves all the acclaim it got. Winning an Academy Award for Best Picture, becoming the fourth American film to win the Palme d'Or and only the second of three movies to win both prizes.
Here's a great review I found on imdb that describes the movie pretty perfectly:
"'Marty' is a movie that can be summed up simply in three words. It's very honest. Ernest Borgnine and Betsy Blair play the two main characters, Marty and Clara. The bulk of the movie takes place over one night, the night Marty and Clara meet. Everything is really that simple. The thing that is great is that neither of the characters is anything but human. They are flawed, they are insecure, and they are awkward around each other and don't know how to act in certain situations. The chemistry between Blair and Borgnine is absolutely beautiful. They give us a relationship that is real. There are moments in the movie, that I won't give away, that are almost hard to watch and its hard not to feel sympathy. At the same time, its hard not to relate to the characters on some level. They are human, they are flawed, and its beautiful to watch, yet sad at the same time."
So definitely check this one out!

3 years ago

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

3 years ago

Black Death - 6/10

3 years ago

Mystic River - 7/10

3 years ago

Ma Rainey's Black Bottom (2020)

American drama film. Absolutely stellar performances by Viola Davis and the late Chadwick Boseman! And the rest of the cast was also very good. Very interesting story, great setting, great music, beautiful cinematography. But yeah... the performances were just outstanding. I really hope this movie gets more than a nod from the Academy. This one might just be the best movie of the year! Go watch it right now! Highly recommended.

I just wish this wouldn't have been Boseman's last movie. Would've loved to see him in 30, 40 years as an old man. Ah, what a loss. RIP Chadwick Boseman!

3 years ago*

Ma Rainey's Black Bottom: A Legacy Brought to Screen (2020)

A 30 minute documentary about the movie. Makes you appreciate and understand the movie and it's themes even more. Definitely go watch this after the movie.

3 years ago

a monster calls - 8/10

3 years ago

Insomnia - 7/10

3 years ago

Wonder Woman Bloodlines. Amazing animated feature.
Makes me see that Wonder Woman 1984 is going to suck badly.

3 years ago

1917 (2019)

British war film. Rewatched this one yesterday, still a great one.

3 years ago

+1. AMAZING movie.

3 years ago

Summer of 84 - 6/10

3 years ago

Sound of Metal (2019)

American drama film. Great performances, especially by Riz Ahmed. Very interesting and insightful story about a drummer suddenly going deaf and how he's dealing with it. Fantastic sound design. Very often you hear things how the character hears (or doesn't hear) them. Very intimate experience. Really powerful and thought provoking movie! The only (small) negative thing might be the title. The two main characters are not playing metal. They're more like noise musicians.
After some time thinking about it, I think I can say that this is definitely a masterpiece.

3 years ago*

The Twentieth Century (2019)

Canadian satirical comedy-drama film. This is such an absurd movie! Very weird but still interesting imagery. Definitely very good, yet abstract set pieces. All in all this movie is just very absurd. Might be the weirdest thing I've watched the whole year. But apart from that it's also pretty good and interesting to watch. Definitely memorable.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

3 years ago

She Dies Tomorrow (2020)

American psychological thriller film. Gorgeous cinematography and stunning imagery. Very interesting premise. Definitely a movie that feels rather intimate. But all in all it feels like it's missing something. It's only 85 minutes long, so we do get a lot of characters and a bit of insight into their minds (there are themes mental health and fear of death), but we don't really go too deep into these people's stories. Who are they really? We don't know. We don't get an answer to that. This movie is definitely not for everyone. Some people might even find it boring. I think She Dies Tomorrow is good for what it is, but what it is is mostly style instead of substance.

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.